Originally Posted By: GreyDuck
GW has every right to do that. Not saying that it is right for them to do it, just that they legally can do it.

The Wharton area is bad for convenience store/ gas station checks. Camo, a boat or a trailer with 4 wheelers is fair game for GW.

INSPECTION AUTHORITY: A game warden who observes a person engaged in an activity governed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code or reasonably believes that a person is or has been engaged in such an activity may inspect........

So the thing to say to the GW is something very polite so that he doesn't make your life too hard.

I agree. He also has a lot of latitude to determine whether there is probable cause for a search of your vehicle or any "receptacles" in it. If he's bored enough to ask for my license in a Home Depot and my primary objective is to enjoy the rest of my day, then I don't want to give him a reason to go through everything in my car or detain me until his warrant for searching my car (or my residence) goes through. If I didn't have it, not carrying your hunting license to the hardware store even though you are wearing camo is defensible.