Forums46
Topics538,943
Posts9,743,194
Members87,125
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 22 of 44 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 43 44
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #4357275 07/01/13 02:43 PM
R
Red D Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
stir

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: 1860.colt] #4358422 07/01/13 11:27 PM
M
Mfloski Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
the only thing that would make this thread more awesome......PICTURES!

Free men own guns...Slaves don't!
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Mfloski] #4363628 07/04/13 12:18 AM
S
Stan Dalone Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
About 20 yrs ago I was out scouting type 2 in Anderson county and found an old cabin remains with 3 graves all with the same day of death 1875.
In mid September 2001,first year on new lease so we were scouting the lay of the land. I spotted some thing hanging in a mesquite tree. I went to check it out and found out it was a weather balloon with a small styrofoam box with a very faded sticker on it saying when found return to any US post office. So the following Monday I took it to a post office in Garland. There was only 2 people working and 3 people behind me in line.
I explained that I found it and was following the instructions on it. Well they freaked out locked the doors and called the police. With in 2 minutes 3 police cars pull up, guns drawn, pointed at me and ordered me to the ground searched and handcuffed me. By then 5 more cruisers pulled up followed shortly by a fire truck and an ambulance. After a few minutes one of the workers came out and said she called a postal inspector who informed her it was a weather balloon instrument box and not a problem. She apologized, as did the police and they released me. Scared the crap out of me.

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Stan Dalone] #4363903 07/04/13 02:36 AM
M
Mfloski Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Stan Dalone
About 20 yrs ago I was out scouting type 2 in Anderson county and found an old cabin remains with 3 graves all with the same day of death 1875.
In mid September 2001,first year on new lease so we were scouting the lay of the land. I spotted some thing hanging in a mesquite tree. I went to check it out and found out it was a weather balloon with a small styrofoam box with a very faded sticker on it saying when found return to any US post office. So the following Monday I took it to a post office in Garland. There was only 2 people working and 3 people behind me in line.
I explained that I found it and was following the instructions on it. Well they freaked out locked the doors and called the police. With in 2 minutes 3 police cars pull up, guns drawn, pointed at me and ordered me to the ground searched and handcuffed me. By then 5 more cruisers pulled up followed shortly by a fire truck and an ambulance. After a few minutes one of the workers came out and said she called a postal inspector who informed her it was a weather balloon instrument box and not a problem. She apologized, as did the police and they released me. Scared the crap out of me.

That's the state of paranoia that we live in today! absolutley crazy. glad you didn't get shot.

Free men own guns...Slaves don't!
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #4567325 09/14/13 04:43 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Bump for a good thread. Any new finds lately?

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Woody Wood] #4567740 09/14/13 08:01 PM
T
Tumbleweeds Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I've found really old whiskey bottles from time to time.

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know." - Groucho Marks
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: panch0] #4576005 09/17/13 06:23 PM
T
TxSandlot Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
sitting in deer stand on one end of highline wire right of way. Small plane came flying in low and dropped and dark colored duffel bag. One minute later a 4-wheeler come from across the river and snatched up the bag. About a year later the guys finally got busted for drugs. Van Zandt boys still doing time in the pokey

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: TxSandlot] #4576126 09/17/13 07:04 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Dinosaur tracks on the Paluxy river near Glen Rose. They were way up in a limestone draw that fed into a crystal clear pool with a "Grotto". Went back a few weeks later with friends and couldn't find them, they filled in with mud from recent rains.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4576309 09/17/13 08:11 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Old medicine bottle, high up on a ridge outside Bozeman, MT. The bottle says such-and-such drugstore, Bozeman, MT. Must have been an old cowboy "doctoring" his ailments.

Back down here on a Texas deer lease the landowner asked me to help him pickup a garden tiller by one spot with a windmill, load it in his Jeep and take it to their garden at his house. We found his wife working in the garden ---buck nekid.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Creekrunner] #4577637 09/18/13 02:29 AM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
what I saw. A squirrel stand up, put one paw on a tree, cross his feet. I said if he pulls out a cigarette, I will quit hunting.

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Creekrunner] #4577935 09/18/13 04:12 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Old medicine bottle, high up on a ridge outside Bozeman, MT. The bottle says such-and-such drugstore, Bozeman, MT. Must have been an old cowboy "doctoring" his ailments.

Back down here on a Texas deer lease the landowner asked me to help him pickup a garden tiller by one spot with a windmill, load it in his Jeep and take it to their garden at his house. We found his wife working in the garden ---buck nekid.
That had to be a little awkward...Or not.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #4578029 09/18/13 05:26 AM
C3 guide Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Friends leased a ranch for cattle in camp wood. We were dozing fence lines found a trail the Mexicans used followed it to a spring and a poorly erected rock building. Had maps and cots and candles. Called BP they busted several groups in a few weeks period of time.

Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: C3 guide] #4578429 09/18/13 01:37 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I found a motor cycle helmet in a dry creek about 3 miles from any roads. I was kind of scared to dig out of the sand in case someone was still wearing it.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: hook_n_line] #4578468 09/18/13 01:54 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Glad somebody resurrected this post....what a great read....

I've never found anything remotely interesting...either the lands I've been hunting have no historical significance or I am an obliviate when walking around the lease....

Last edited by Schpanky; 09/18/13 01:54 PM.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Schpanky] #4578706 09/18/13 03:10 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Not hunting related but interesting nonetheless. A couple of years ago while walking one of my dogs on the shore of Whiterock lake, I saw a zippered purse floating near the old "Bathhouses". I got a long stick and fished it out. It had a wallet and young girls drivers license in it. I got back to the house, called information and remarkably got the phone number to the young Womans home. Intrigued, and wondering how this came to pass, I called. A man answered the phone. I introduced myself and told him what I had found. He was silent for a moment, then began to ask how I found it. He asked if he could meet me somewhere to pick up his daughters purse. I asked where he was located, he said in Richardson. Well, we live in Richardson also, so I said I could bring it to his house. I arrived about an hour later. This is where it gets freaky. It seems his daughter and a boyfriend had been drinking one rainy afternoon, left the bar and drove north on central expwy and pulled over on the SW corner of 635 and central. There is a creek right there, boyfriend was driving and blacked out, drove into the creek and their car washed down the creek. Somehow they escaped but he ended up on the opposite bank. In shock but alive, she started trying to make her way home, alone. When she got to what is now the "High five", a man jumped her and tried to rape her underneath the bridge. As he's telling me this my mouth is wide open. The would be rapist got a little too excited and splooged all over himself, then let her go. She ran up the service road in the rain, and a Richardson Cop stopped to help her, thank goodness. She was lucky to be alive. After he told me the story, he called "Amy", and told her that I had found her purse. She was crying uncontrollably on the other end of the line. I talked to her briefly and she told me thank you at least ten times. Her father told me that was the last time she had any alcohol.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4578758 09/18/13 03:30 PM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Ummmm WOW!!!!

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4578789 09/18/13 03:41 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Not hunting related but interesting nonetheless. A couple of years ago while walking one of my dogs on the shore of Whiterock lake, I saw a zippered purse floating near the old "Bathhouses". I got a long stick and fished it out. It had a wallet and young girls drivers license in it. I got back to the house, called information and remarkably got the phone number to the young Womans home. Intrigued, and wondering how this came to pass, I called. A man answered the phone. I introduced myself and told him what I had found. He was silent for a moment, then began to ask how I found it. He asked if he could meet me somewhere to pick up his daughters purse. I asked where he was located, he said in Richardson. Well, we live in Richardson also, so I said I could bring it to his house. I arrived about an hour later. This is where it gets freaky. It seems his daughter and a boyfriend had been drinking one rainy afternoon, left the bar and drove north on central expwy and pulled over on the SW corner of 635 and central. There is a creek right there, boyfriend was driving and blacked out, drove into the creek and their car washed down the creek. Somehow they escaped but he ended up on the opposite bank. In shock but alive, she started trying to make her way home, alone. When she got to what is now the "High five", a man jumped her and tried to rape her underneath the bridge. As he's telling me this my mouth is wide open. The would be rapist got a little too excited and splooged all over himself, then let her go. She ran up the service road in the rain, and a Richardson Cop stopped to help her, thank goodness. She was lucky to be alive. After he told me the story, he called "Amy", and told her that I had found her purse. She was crying uncontrollably on the other end of the line. I talked to her briefly and she told me thank you at least ten times. Her father told me that was the last time she had any alcohol.

that is crazy.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #4578873 09/18/13 04:07 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
It is crazy. It just so happened that I was showing some houses to a couple and I just had to tell them the story, since it happened just the day before. Wanting to repeat it EXACTLY as it was told to me, I didn't leave out the "Splooge" part. They freaked! The woman cried,"Oh my God". eeks333 At this point I realized TMI! They did buy a house from me though.

Last edited by Erathkid; 09/18/13 04:08 PM.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4578886 09/18/13 04:11 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
It is crazy. It just so happened that I was showing some houses to a couple and I just had to tell them the story, since it happened just the day before. Wanting to repeat it EXACTLY as it was told to me, I didn't leave out the "Splooge" part. They freaked! The woman cried,"Oh my God". eeks333 At this point I realized TMI! They did buy a house from me though.

Now that sounds like something I would do. You must be one helluva realtor.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Creekrunner] #4578903 09/18/13 04:14 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I've probably talked more people OUT of buying, because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. bang

Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4579005 09/18/13 04:44 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
LOL, I was thinking to myself, man that lady's dad sure did go into detail.

Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4579010 09/18/13 04:45 PM
G
GeneralLefty Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Found a arrow head under a oak tree in the Texas Hill Country

pour one for the poor one
it’s the Indian, not the arrow
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #4579132 09/18/13 05:38 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
LOL, I was thinking to myself, man that lady's dad sure did go into detail.
He did, even offered me a cup of hot tea. I declined.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Erathkid] #4580084 09/18/13 11:15 PM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I can't believe the b/f going anywhere but to make sure his girl is safe. I wonder why he didn't help her out of the car and water and make sure she was safe. I hope she dumped the loser

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: target1911] #4580162 09/18/13 11:43 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I'm sure they are no longer together. Drunks do stupid Shiite.

Don't text and drive.
Page 22 of 44 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 43 44
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide