Forums46
Topics538,756
Posts9,740,824
Members87,111
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Physically Challenged Deer hunt for Adults. [Re: P&YHuntinJunkie] #4832551 12/13/13 01:56 AM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
texassmoker,p&y huntin junkie, I agree with you 100%!!!! I am Retired Army. I will defend all Branches of the Military. There is no way you can compare a disabled person to a disabled Vet. He/She became disabled defending this Country. Doing something that so many refuse to do. Be glad there are people like us who do it for no Glory or handout. We do it because we LOVE THIS WONDERFUL COUNTRY WE LIVE IN. Please don't open this can of worms again. I am respectful on this forum. But you my friend struck a nerve that you have no idea how deep it goes. I will contain myself now or this will become the longest post. By the way, I am not disabled. I p**s Army Green!! HOOAH to all my Military Brothers and Sisters!!

Re: Physically Challenged Deer hunt for Adults. [Re: P&YHuntinJunkie] #4833081 12/13/13 04:41 AM
M
Mikel H Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Perhaps you might try rereading my post as it was written. No where do I knock veterans and their service, disabled or otherwise. My son lead a scout platoon with the 3rd and 7th Cav during the initial invasion. I do not expect a handout as you imply. I work hard to overcme my disabilities. I also hunt hard and manage on my own, kind of independent that way. As far as firefighters, police, wardens and others go, Let me see you tell the 4 firefighters who died in the Houston hotel fire, or the game warden, a former student of mine, who gave his life to save that of a fellow warden the danger they face is not as bad as the danger troops face.

Re: Physically Challenged Deer hunt for Adults. [Re: Mikel H] #4834859 12/13/13 08:29 PM
P
P&YHuntinJunkie Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Mikel H I don’t need to reread your post because I understood it perfectly the first time. When I said “So please think twice the next time you start throwing “wounded vets” in one of your sentences as a lame attempt to get a hand out because you DO THINK SOMEONE OWES YOU SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.” It was not directed at you it was directed at wheelchairdude27, and I am sorry that I did not clarify. I do not think that all people who are disabled just want a handout only the ones who make comments like wheelchairdude27 made. As for you Mikel H I wish you would stop using your sons service as an attempt to cover your _$$ after you make a comment about veterans. Just because HE served and is a veteran doesn’t give you the right to make comments about veterans and what they do. As far as the comment about the 4 Houston Firefighter goes. I have nothing but respect for these gentlemen as I am a Firefighter myself in Galveston County. They, and your Game Warden student are true American hero’s and I have nothing but respect for our fallen, but your comment about me telling them the danger they face is not as bad as the danger troops face is accurate and I still stand behind what I said. With that being said let me see you tell the families of the 118 U.S. service member who died just this year, or the 6750 U.S. service members we have lost since the war began that their lost loved ones service to this country is comparable to that of a Police Officer, Firefighter, or Game Warden and let me know how that works out for you. I will not comment on this any further. If you have anything left to say you can have the last word.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide