Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: deerfeeder] #448847 10/10/08 03:04 AM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
it will be a while before i can even begin to think about one of those. i can barely keep my tahoe payed for right now. the unimog's are very slow, a place i used to work at we did some welding on and i drove it around the yard,the thing would crawl like a mountain goat i imagine though,but yes very slow. when i get back on my feet and can dream up a practical reason for me to have one and also convince the banker (probably tell her with every purchase they throw in a free cruise or somthing) i would like to own one.

question though how did you run across run, an old customer of mine told me about some similiar one's he confiscated during a drug raid,he said he was impressed with the weight they carried.but i believe these were mercede's cab over 4x4's. apparetly real popular with pablo back in the day.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: deerfeeder] #448848 10/10/08 03:17 AM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
those are big ,but proven workhorse's. drove an old 6x6 that my uncle had at his vfd, they used it for a brush truck and it would go over,through anything.

the package i would go with would be the m292a2 for the mobile camp,then park the m274a2 inside,and have the m37b1 on a towbar or trailer.if fuel was not an issue.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: cibolo] #448849 10/10/08 12:36 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Cibilo...several years back I was in the Dallas area picking up feeders from Bossbuck in Seagoville. Me and daughter number 3 went to the TTHF show in Ft Worth. That was the first time I saw them. Looking back that's when I should've bought the first one.

Well, the following year, a customer had put a feeder down in a canyon and the only way we could get to it was with the 2X4 Ranger. No problem, we'd fed everything else this wasn't going to take more than about an hour round trip.

It was a Sunday in August and 107 degrees. We got down into the canyon but couldn't get out. Made it to within about 30 feet from the top. 3 miles, on foot back to the truck to go home and get the winch. Fed that feeder two more times that year. Trailering the Polaris, unhitch the trailer drive Ranger and truck with winch to the canyon, feed the feeder, get 90% of the way out of the canyon, winch the Polaris out the rest of the way, go back hook up trailer, load Polaris and leave. PITA squared!

I looked at the little Japenese trucks with the right hand drive, but lost interest because of low ground clearence, can't drive on the roads, and having to trailer it.

That's when I got serious about looking at the Pinzgauers. Not too hard to find info on them on the net once you learn to spell Pinzgauer.

I've never heard of Pinzgauers or Unimogs being used to smuggle or being seized. I can believe they would be bought as status symbols by the mafiosos and seized as proceeds. But, who knows.

My banker thinks they are cool and so does the insurance guy.

Keep the faith and things will straighten out sooner or later and you'll be able to get one. I think Helomech wants one too.

Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: deerfeeder] #448850 10/10/08 02:19 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Jeep, street legal, dual purpose!

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: dogcatcher] #448851 10/10/08 02:36 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I have a Land Pride Treker 4220 ST. I just got this not long ago when BigBow, Wes and TCH were down here. I love it compared to what I have. Matter of fact I took a picture of it pulling out the old Gator coming out of the ranch and will probably send it to both companies.

I test drove one of these a few years ago and it impressed me with the ride. We have been wanting to get one for the last year and so far this rig hasn't let me down at all. It's got plenty of get up and go that I need and the torque and power is plenty to pull just about anything I need to.

I like the Polaris Rangers and have seen many different things done with them including rigs for bird hunting and dog carriers in the back.

I don't like the lack of cargo space in the Mules. The bed is not big enough for all the chores that I do and stuff I need to carry. The back seat in the Mule is a pain for me and my family. My knees touch the back of the front seat in those things and there is not enough leg room.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Polaris, Mule or Golf Cart? [Re: dogcatcher] #448852 10/10/08 02:45 PM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Quote:

Jeep, street legal, dual purpose!

I've had two CJ-7s and a CJ 5, they can't even come close to other vehicles that are out there for "dual purpose" work. JMO

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide