Forums46
Topics539,014
Posts9,744,081
Members87,134
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . #4434629 07/31/13 02:42 AM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Cheaper than Dirt. I need a couple other shops, hopefully with reasonable prices and things in stock.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4434679 07/31/13 02:55 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
What are you looking for particularly?

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: Cleric] #4435403 07/31/13 01:25 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Things like hand guards, gas blocks, add ons etc. Things that you like to pick up and handle before you make a decision. Also getting sick of the lag time of shipping of some things. For example, my dust cover kit and forward assist kit came in from RRA pretty quick but the charging handle is still on back order. I know CTD has some of the stuff I'm currently in the market for but I'm really not inclined to go there anymore.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4435620 07/31/13 02:25 PM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Elk Castle has some of that stuff but selection is limited. Your better off ordering online if you know what you want. There is also a place on the way to Weatherford off I-20, I can remember the name but they have a lot more of that stuff than most places.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: huck18] #4436057 07/31/13 04:46 PM
What s Up? Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Go to Alpine! Their high prices are Wonderful!
Just kidding... DFW does not have any place that great.
Top Brass in houston and San Antonio is superb..

Steele Kor Tactical: Pistol, Carbine, and Precision Rifle Instruction.
Please PM me for more details
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4436174 07/31/13 05:29 PM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
If CTD has it, and it is a good price, then what is the issue. Yes, their ammo prices were and are high... so don't buy it there if you don't like the price. But if they have other things you want or need and have a good price, why put yourself through the aggravation?

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4436216 07/31/13 05:43 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
go look at them at CTD, then order online.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: TFF Caribou] #4436255 07/31/13 05:53 PM
D
drew_14 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Academy banana loser8

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: drew_14] #4436608 07/31/13 07:45 PM
F
FroggerZack Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
primaryarms.com

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: FroggerZack] #4436703 07/31/13 08:18 PM
N
NTXBowfisher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
plan ahead and order off the web...

signature coming soon
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: NTXBowfisher] #4437050 07/31/13 10:08 PM
F
Fatalwishes' Wife Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
Aim surplus or palmetto state armory is where I shop. Screw cheaper than dirt

Cabelas has racks and racks of ar's if you want to look at a wide array of configurations. I was shocked how many they had in stock.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: Fatalwishes' Wife] #4437133 07/31/13 10:33 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Fatalwishes
Aim surplus or palmetto state armory is where I shop. Screw cheaper than dirt

Cabelas has racks and racks of ar's if you want to look at a wide array of configurations. I was shocked how many they had in stock.
This right here. I don't care what CTD has, I won't go back in there or refer anyone here or anyone else to go there.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4437251 07/31/13 11:23 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: cyphertext
If CTD has it, and it is a good price, then what is the issue. Yes, their ammo prices were and are high... so don't buy it there if you don't like the price. But if they have other things you want or need and have a good price, why put yourself through the aggravation?

Why put myself through the aggravation of voting when I know the large number of people living on entitlements are going to elect democrats who steal my money in taxes and try to sell out my country's sovereignty to the United Nations? Because I have a voice and I'm saying their actions during this time show crappy customer concern and I'd rather not give them my money.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4437255 07/31/13 11:24 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
I've not looked at Cabela's. Thanx for the tip.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: TFF Caribou] #4437270 07/31/13 11:31 PM
P
passthru Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Savage 250

It's like going to QT and using the restroom and not even buying a drink. It's not in me to do that very often.

NRA Life Member
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4437494 08/01/13 12:36 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: Savage 250

It's like going to QT and using the restroom and not even buying a drink. It's not in me to do that very often.

But what if you hated QT? Then it makes you feel good. Lol.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: passthru] #4437612 08/01/13 01:20 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

Why put myself through the aggravation of voting when I know the large number of people living on entitlements are going to elect democrats who steal my money in taxes and try to sell out my country's sovereignty to the United Nations? Because I have a voice and I'm saying their actions during this time show crappy customer concern and I'd rather not give them my money.

It was supply and demand, capitalism at it's finest. You claim to be against welfare and entitlements, yet bitch when capitalism works against you. I'm sure you appreciate a sale when there is overstock and dealers are trying to clear their inventory...no griping when it works for you then, huh? CTD had inventory, when no one else did...why do you feel entitled to purchase their inventory at Wal-mart (who is still out of stock) prices? Talk about entitlement. If it isn't worth it to you, then don't buy at those prices...the market has a way of working itself out.

You are right, you have a voice and can do what you want with your money, even if you seem to be misguided and not understand that you are griping about what you claim to stand for...

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4437666 08/01/13 01:34 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Wow.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4437709 08/01/13 01:44 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: tth_40
Wow.

That's what I say too... Wow! Just tired of all these folks belly aching about CTD and their pricing, while waving the American flag and trying to be all baseball, Chevy, and apple pie.

Want to be against "entitlements" yet feel that they are being wronged by a company who charges what the market will bear. Go stand in line at Academy at 6:00 AM for cheap ammo. I don't like CTD ammo prices either, and I am surprised that they are still as high as they are, but if they have something else that I want or need and have it at a good price, I'll buy it. I guess I am finding that if I try to boycott everything and everyone that did something I don't agree with, I better learn how to make my own food, clothes, bullets, firearms, etc...

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4437722 08/01/13 01:48 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
CTD had the inventory partially because they had folks going to Academy, Wal Mart and anywhere else they could scrounge from that DIDN'T jack prices up then inflated those prices to the other side of ridiculous. They sold to those that didn't know the difference, were caught unprepared or didn't care. I know this because I have a friend that worked there during that time and went to camp out at these places before they opened to buy their limit and bring it back into the store. They were the FIRST to rocket their prices skyward as well. Funny thing is, they STILL have tons of UNSOLD inventory because of so many REFUSING to do business with them. LOTS of folks are PIZZED at them for their practices. THAT is capitalism at it's finest, it works both ways. You do NOT treat your customer base like they did and expect to keep your business open.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4437803 08/01/13 02:12 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
CTD had the inventory partially because they had folks going to Academy, Wal Mart and anywhere else they could scrounge from that DIDN'T jack prices up then inflated those prices to the other side of ridiculous. They sold to those that didn't know the difference, were caught unprepared or didn't care. I know this because I have a friend that worked there during that time and went to camp out at these places before they opened to buy their limit and bring it back into the store. They were the FIRST to rocket their prices skyward as well. Funny thing is, they STILL have tons of UNSOLD inventory because of so many REFUSING to do business with them. LOTS of folks are PIZZED at them for their practices. THAT is capitalism, it works both ways. You do NOT treat your customer base like they did and expect to keep your business open.

I seriously doubt that CTD had folks waiting at Academy and Walmart when they limited to one box per customer...it wouldn't be efficient enough for a retail operation, but if they did, I blame Academy and Walmart.

Had Academy, Wal-mart, and other big box retailers raised their pricing as well, the market would have stabilized and ammo would still be available in the store...at a higher price, but available. By not following basic rules of economics, the big retailers have fed those who are stockpiling, or supplying the secondary market such as the gun shows, where pricing is still high.

Let me ask you this...let's say you have a firearm that me and 15 others want to buy from you. No one else has it in stock, new or used, very popular and doesn't stay on the shelves. You lucked out and were in the right place at the right time and got a good deal on it, but decide to sell it. Are you going to sell it for what you paid for it when you could get more due to demand? Are you going to sell it to the person who offers you the lowest price?

ETA: You don't see the irony in whining about capitalism, while claiming to do so in the name of capitalism?

Last edited by cyphertext; 08/01/13 02:25 AM.
Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4437856 08/01/13 02:25 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Doubt all you want, I know it for a fact. They didn't just send out 1 person, it was 15-25 at a time to different locations.
Blame Academy and Wal Mart all you want but at the end of the day, they'll still be in business for not kicking their customer base. I don't know why you are trying to apply "basic rules of economics" because this situation was anything but normal or basic. There were circumstances that pushed this market in a direction not a lot of folks saw coming. Your example of the firearm that 15 people besides yourself want at the same time oversimplifies the point as I would not be looking for a return customer base in that situation. That's an apples to oranges comparison.

ETA: I'm exercising my ability to participate in a capitalist society. To have an exchange there must be two sides that see value in the transaction somewhere. It's not just the seller's prerogative.

Last edited by tth_40; 08/01/13 02:28 AM. Reason: Added comment.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4437895 08/01/13 02:33 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Doubt all you want, I know it for a fact. They didn't just send out 1 person, it was 15-25 at a time to different locations.
Blame Academy and Wal Mart all you want but at the end of the day, they'll still be in business for not kicking their customer base. I don't know why you are trying to apply "basic rules of economics" because this situation was anything but normal or basic. There were circumstances that pushed this market in a direction not a lot of folks saw coming. Your example of the firearm that 15 people besides yourself want at the same time oversimplifies the point as I would not be looking for a return customer base in that situation. That's an apples to oranges comparison.

You don't see the irony in whining about capitalism, while claiming to do so in the name of capitalism?

So, let's say what you are saying is true. CTD couldn't get inventory through normal channels, so they found other ways to obtain inventory at an increased cost... labor costs of 15-25 employees to go around and scrounge for ammo to put on their shelves. Why would you expect them to sell it at a price below their cost?

And yes, if this happened, retailers that did not raise pricing fed this practice and allowed it to happen. Had they raised their own pricing, it would not have been cost effective and feasible for CTD to do that. They didn't have to raise pricing as high as CTD, but raise pricing enough that they could maintain an inventory without setting artificial limits to the amount you could purchase and not have lines standing outside the doors in the morning.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: tth_40] #4437929 08/01/13 02:38 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C

ETA: I'm exercising my ability to participate in a capitalist society. To have an exchange there must be two sides that see value in the transaction somewhere. It's not just the seller's prerogative.

Guess you are unfamiliar with the term "seller's market" and "buyer's market"....

It is a free market, and if you don't like the price, then you shouldn't buy... If enough people don't buy, prices will come down. But judging from their current ammo pricing, that ain't happening...and the reason is because they have inventory, where Wal-mart and Academy have empty shelves. As a customer, constant empty shelves piss me off more than higher prices.

Re: I need good places in Fort Worth to buy AR stuff. And don't say . . . [Re: cyphertext] #4437994 08/01/13 02:51 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
If the other dealers were complicit in supplying CTD or anyone else trying to push market share their own way by depleting inventory of their competition and attempting to drive market price higher then I would say yes, you have a point. The other retailers had no idea and were just participating in the market. They weren't asking who was buying what, just limiting quantities as best they could so everyone would have a chance to buy SOME of their product(which they did NOT have to do. It was good marketing). Again, those not raising their prices were assuring continuous business to their stores because they knew others were raising prices, besides the fact that they had no known shipping times and quantities anymore. They did the right thing for their businesses in the long run. As far as CTD pricing, it became it's own self fulfilling prophecy as their overhead in getting the inventory they wanted was going to force pricing higher. They didn't care, they figured folks would buy at any price. For a short time they were right. In the long term, they were wrong.
You are talking theory, I am explaining what happened and why. "Cost feasibility" is something that is worked out by those doing the selling. In this case, the unscrupulous have seemed to alienate a large part of their clientele.

To the OP, I apologize for hijacking your thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide