Forums46
Topics544,079
Posts9,806,358
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Palehorse] #4359619 07/02/13 02:22 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
A mannequin dressed up in your clothes standing on your side of the fence. Set it up the night before opening day.
BTW, make sure the clothes are nice and smelly.

You may have just hit on the next new gimmick for hunters to spend their money. It sounds no worse than gadgets that make the sound of a feeder going off.

"When the debate is lost, insults become the tool of the loser."
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Texas Dan] #4359682 07/02/13 02:46 PM
C
Csddarden Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Good article here about this, although I may be a bit biased becasue I was the main contributor to it....

http://issuu.com/lsoneditor/docs/aug2412?e=1710938/2723919

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Texas Dan] #4359691 07/02/13 02:50 PM
B
BigCityHunting Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
A mannequin dressed up in your clothes standing on your side of the fence. Set it up the night before opening day.

You may have just hit on the next new gimmick for hunters to spend their money. It sounds no worse than gadgets that make the sound of a feeder going off.

Ha!! Love it.

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: BigCityHunting] #4359841 07/02/13 03:45 PM
C
Csddarden Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Here are some pictures from the above article describing what we went through 2 seasons ago in Howard County.

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Texas Dan] #4359892 07/02/13 04:05 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

x2

Great idea Palehorse.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4359962 07/02/13 04:34 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Go by you local barber shop and ask them to save the cut hair for a couple of weeks. Have them put is in a plastic bag.
Then buy a case of irish spring soap. Hang the soap on fence line or tree branches on your property. Sprinkle the hair along your fence line for scent to blow toward their feeder.

They will move their stand. peep

Last edited by SheepHunter; 07/02/13 04:35 PM.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: LuckyHunter] #4360070 07/02/13 05:25 PM
M
Mfloski Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Go by you local barber shop and ask them to save the cut hair for a couple of weeks. Have them put is in a plastic bag.
Then buy a case of irish spring soap. Hang the soap on fence line or tree branches on your property. Sprinkle the hair along your fence line for scent to blow toward their feeder.

And then you become the guilty party that will be in trouble with the law.

Free men own guns...Slaves don't!
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: LuckyHunter] #4360073 07/02/13 05:27 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Slingshot and moth balls would be a lot less work. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: dogcatcher] #4360404 07/02/13 07:36 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Slingshot and moth balls would be a lot less work. up

Whatever you do, let him feed the deer for you over the next several months. Then, the night before opening day, do your deed.
One of the reasons I was thinking a manniquine would be cool would be the shock factor. Imagine, getting there before light, and as dawn breaks, seeing someone standing by your feeder. If he calls the game warden, so what. If I were a warden, I know which side I would take.

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Palehorse] #4360514 07/02/13 08:22 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Personally, I would rather deal with the fence line hunters. We put blinds on the fence lines, if anyone wants to lease from the neighboring landowners, they know before they sign the lease that the blinds are there. Don't hunt them, but they are there.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: dogcatcher] #4361450 07/03/13 03:05 AM
C
Csddarden Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Was more of a safety issue with us. Could care less if the blinds on the fence line. Heck, use a fence post as a blind leg for all I care, but shoot into your own property. I was way paranoid sitting at "the shack" blind. Kept thinking it was a matter of time before a bullet came tearing through the blind walls. Another THF member is now leasing that ranch and he tells me that it is now worse. Blind's shooting angle is now directly perpendicular to the fence now, straight out from that picture's view.

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Csddarden] #4363187 07/03/13 08:28 PM
J
Jay Brown Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Have dealt with this issue on my own property. We tried 2 different methods.
1. we would park our truck out of the line of fire but within 75 yards of the feeder. Then we would have our secretary at the office call us every 25 minutes on the truck phone which would ring the truck horn. This was opening day! no one hunted the stand until just before Christmas. After seeing someone go into the stand one afternoon, we took a boom box and played "Rap Crap" on it till after dark ! The blind , feeder and all were gone in one week! Sometimes actions speak louder than words!

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Jay Brown] #4363202 07/03/13 08:36 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I do believe Mr. GW and I would have had a little sit down and discussed possible hunter harassment charges...

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: Trout-killer] #4363252 07/03/13 09:06 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
I do believe Mr. GW and I would have had a little sit down and discussed possible hunter harassment charges...

Its about impossible in Colorado County to prove hunter harassment unless the Game Warden is sitting in the blind with you, which they wont do. Ive tried, been trying to 10+ years. Its ridiculous.

But back to the OP, talk with the guy first. If it doesnt help then contact the game warden. I work in Sheridan, and in the process of buying a house between Sheridan and Halletsville on 90A. Some of the people around here can be difficult to talk to. Good luck.

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: newulmboy] #4363255 07/03/13 09:08 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: newulmboy

Its about impossible in Colorado County to prove hunter harassment unless the Game Warden is sitting in the blind with you, which they wont do. Ive tried, been trying to 10+ years. Its ridiculous.

But back to the OP, talk with the guy first. If it doesnt help then contact the game warden. I work in Sheridan, and in the process of buying a house between Sheridan and Halletsville on 90A. Some of the people around here can be difficult to talk to. Good luck.

You don't ask him to do this as work but come out for a hunt on his day off up

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: stxranchman] #4363260 07/03/13 09:13 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Trust me, Ive tried. Since we own the land, I told him he could hunt or fish anytime he wanted. Guess he already has a honey hole elsewhere!!!!!!!

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: newulmboy] #4363263 07/03/13 09:14 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Trust me, Ive tried. Since we own the land, I told him he could hunt or fish anytime he wanted. Guess he already has a honey hole elsewhere!!!!!!!

Must not be John then...lol

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: stxranchman] #4363277 07/03/13 09:20 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
No, but John did stop me once. Good guy, very strict though. We mainly get stopped by Gilbert (Sonny) Alaniz (Austin County) since we are on the border of Colorado and Austin.

Last edited by newulmboy; 07/03/13 09:27 PM.
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: nj123] #4363281 07/03/13 09:24 PM
D
dknsurvey Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Some farmer here around our house has one of these things set up in a watermelon patch that he uses EVERY spring for about THREE months long which only goes off at NIGHT...

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/M...ct_Code=WCSRJM8

Plant you same daisies or daffodils, or mabey something more agricultural; surely you dont want the rabbits and coons and squirrels eating it all up right?... set it on its lowest setting so it only spooks close critters away.

LOL That'll teach him

Last edited by dknsurvey; 07/03/13 09:35 PM.
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: newulmboy] #4363363 07/03/13 10:00 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

That sucks. Surely you can video what's going on and take it to different GW's. I'm sure one will bite.

Edit: I'm sure you've done that. Lol.

Last edited by Trout-killer; 07/03/13 10:01 PM.
Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: nj123] #4365314 07/04/13 10:02 PM
lp243 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Ask the guy to move his stand ,leaving his feeder where it is, so he would be shooting down the fence line instead of over it.once he understands your concerns he probably will move it .if not just hang a pair of ole dirty socks on the fence by his feeder

Re: neighbor set up on fence line with blind shooting at fence [Re: nj123] #4383713 07/12/13 04:52 PM
T
Texas Bohunk Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I believe Texas Legislature passed a law making it illegal to shoot across a fence line. Might want to check into it.

2014 Polaris Ranger 800XP
Winchester 70 lightweight 270cal. DPMS ATACS 308 2.5-10X44 Vortex ViperHS with PEPR mount
Back-up New Frontier Lower SOTA arms upper in 6.8SPC 4-14X44 Vortex Crossfier II PEPR mount
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide