Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: fisher6688] #4248319 05/11/13 11:02 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: fisher6688
so what are the benefits of open carry? just asking

Were I carring for defense I prefer concealed but I carry open on the ranch allot because I'm in and out of the truck several times a day. I like longer barrels on my ranch pistols and carry them in a cross draw, makes it easier to get in and out of the truck and much easier to get to. Another benifit is when bending over or moving around it just stays out of the way. I often have to leave the ranch for just a few minutes and removing a crossdraw is a major pain in the arse just to run into a parts store or a convinence store.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: Chris/HOU] #4250823 05/13/13 12:49 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU
Originally Posted By: RWH24
Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
I vote concealed, not that I am totally against open, I just think it is smarter. Keep the criminals wondering who is carrying. If you open carry you may be the first target.

Great minds think alike! up clap

I think that goes both ways. I'm sure you are familiar with the sayings that refer to no crime at gun shows. Why not? Open carry. A show of force, or in the case of open carry, the visable weapon, is a better deterrent than just the possiblity of someone being armed.

If it was just you, openly carrying your weapon, versus someone with the intent to harm, your point stands. However, if it's a lone bad guy walking into a store who sees multiple people with guns on their hips, your idea falls flat. In a gun loving state like Texas, I am of the opinion that open carry would reduce crime.

No crime at gun shows? You are not in the know on that one.

Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: poisonivie] #4252063 05/13/13 06:36 PM
L
LarryT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L
Originally Posted By: poisonivie
To clarify, I voted open carry, not because I would do it but because I want the option to.

me to

LarryT

Simper Fi.

Once & Always
Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: Paluxy300blk] #4267332 05/20/13 02:05 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I would like "open carry"...just because.

That being said, I'd still like to be able to carry concealed as well.

I think carrying concealed gives you a tactical advantage that you lose when carrying openly.

If I'm a bad guy, intent on say...robbing a convenience store, and I see a customer carrying openly...I might decide to go on to another store. On the other hand....if I am desperate enough...or just think I'm tough enough...I just might take out the guy carrying the gun first. And having done that...I'll then take his gun and do even more mischief.

What I'm saying....is that open carry makes you a target. When you carry concealed, the tactical advantages shifts in your favor.

As I've heard it said, "America is safer when criminals don't know who is armed."

I think that makes a lot of sense.

But I like having the option of open carry if for no other reason than I don't have to be concerned about accidentally allowing my weapon to be seen.

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: HWY_MAN] #4268071 05/20/13 07:47 PM
P
poisonivie Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Originally Posted By: fisher6688
so what are the benefits of open carry? just asking

Were I carring for defense I prefer concealed but I carry open on the ranch allot because I'm in and out of the truck several times a day. I like longer barrels on my ranch pistols and carry them in a cross draw, makes it easier to get in and out of the truck and much easier to get to. Another benifit is when bending over or moving around it just stays out of the way. I often have to leave the ranch for just a few minutes and removing a crossdraw is a major pain in the arse just to run into a parts store or a convinence store.

Hwy, this is exactly where my thoughts are. I carry around my property and hate having to remember to disarm before making a beer run or parts run or just a run to the grocery store for mama. I would very seldom open carry but sure would like the right to do so.

Pee on Photobucket
Re: Open carry or concealed [Re: Paluxy300blk] #4269192 05/21/13 03:17 AM
N
nomulligan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
i dont disagree with open just agree more with concealed. like said above, keeps people who may want to hurt you in the dark and keeps the general public unaware of your presence as well. some people are just really uneasy about seeing people who aren't police carrying guns

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide