Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4253834 05/14/13 01:46 PM
J
justbcuz Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
He is in custody for something else that isn't related to any of this. But game warden has enough with all this to make his new housing a much much longer stay. Just hope everyone that was taken by this guy files charges and that eastland county pursues it to its fullest.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4253836 05/14/13 01:46 PM
J
justbcuz Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
He is in custody for something else that isn't related to any of this. But game warden has enough with all this to make his new housing a much much longer stay. Just hope everyone that was taken by this guy files charges and that eastland county pursues it to its fullest.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4255507 05/15/13 12:31 AM
B
bowassin Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
B
yep hes in custody..arrested in oregon on parole violation
then to la to do min 1yr ...and then to tx to face several felony charges gw gave me the info today...so hes gone for a while
thanks everyone who pm me information you had on him thanks to all of us hes done!!!!

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: bowassin] #4288049 05/30/13 02:26 PM
J
jollyrancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Some people are just the scum of the earth!

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: justbcuz] #4303874 06/06/13 04:08 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: justbcuz
I called Eastland Co Sheriffs office ...

Don't hold your breath on Eastland County courts to be of any help.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: aeb] #4303903 06/06/13 04:38 AM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Thanks for the heads up. This guy sounds like J D Cox reincarnated but just my personal opinion.

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: justbcuz] #4313557 06/11/13 12:13 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: justbcuz

This is usually the biggest obstacle to prosecuting these guys. Everyone screams to throw them under the jail until it's time for them to step up. Then they dry up and blow away because they don't want to get involved. I hope everyone involved in this one nails him and puts him out of commission.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Grizz] #4348391 06/27/13 04:16 AM
T
THETEXAN Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
What a Stain !!!

You Don't Have A PIG Problem If Ya Want to Charge $200.00
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: THETEXAN] #4348428 06/27/13 04:55 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Always good to hear they were caught. Some of these people amaze me. If they worked at something honest as hard as they work at screwing folks, they would probably be a productive member of society.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4370745 07/07/13 06:23 PM
M
m.sherman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
wow

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: m.sherman] #4376726 07/09/13 11:15 PM
D
Dakotahunter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Any relation to Slemp?

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4431496 07/30/13 03:02 AM
C
Cannon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
We had a situation where an adjoining land owner's SIL leased out on one of our satellite timber tracts. It is a mature timber tract that doesn't need much managment and is several miles from the majority of our property, so I guess he figured we'd never notice.

The worst part was the man he took advantage of. The GW told me the guy had saved all year to have a place to take his son hunting. They had worked together to put in green fields and a couple of shooting houses, and then found out he had no rights to hunt. I met with him to see if his story was legitimate, and when explaining the situation this big ol guy starts crying about letting his son down, 10 yr old boy who had worked with his daddy every weekend to get the place ready and practiced his shooting all summer he was so excited.

As mad as I was at the guy that leased the property, I couldn't bring my self to crush that little boys' opportunity to make those memories with his dad. This will be the third year they have hunted the property for just the cost of an insurance policy.

Maybe I'm getting soft, but i was not about to take away their place to hunt, talk, and build a relationship they would cherish for a lifetime. Those who grew up hunting with their dad or granddad know what I'm talking about. I'm 40 with 2 degrees, but can promise you the most important lessons I ever learned were from my dad in a deer stand or sitting on the tailgate of a truck after a hard days work.

Last edited by Cannon; 07/30/13 03:18 AM.
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cannon] #4431539 07/30/13 03:19 AM
W
watchale Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Cannon
We had a situation where an adjoining land owner's SIL leased on one of our satellite timber tracts. It is a mature timber tract what doesn't need much managment and is several miles from the majority of our property, so I guess he figured we'd never notice.

The worst part was the man he took advantage of. The GW told me the guy had saved all year to have a place to take his son hunting. They had worked together to put in green fields and a couple of shooting houses, and then found out he had no rights to hunt. I met with him to see if his storie was legitimate, big ol guy starts crying about letting his son down, 10 yr old boy who had worked with his daddy every weekend to get the place ready and practiced his shooting all summer.
As mad as I was at the guy that leased the property, I couldn't bring my self to crush that little boys opportunity to make those memories with his dad. This will be the third year they have hunted the property for just the cost of an insurance policy.

up That's awesome man.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cannon] #4431576 07/30/13 03:31 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
We had a situation where an adjoining land owner's SIL leased out on one of our satellite timber tracts. It is a mature timber tract that doesn't need much managment and is several miles from the majority of our property, so I guess he figured we'd never notice.

The worst part was the man he took advantage of. The GW told me the guy had saved all year to have a place to take his son hunting. They had worked together to put in green fields and a couple of shooting houses, and then found out he had no rights to hunt. I met with him to see if his story was legitimate, and when explaining the situation this big ol guy starts crying about letting his son down, 10 yr old boy who had worked with his daddy every weekend to get the place ready and practiced his shooting all summer he was so excited.

As mad as I was at the guy that leased the property, I couldn't bring my self to crush that little boys' opportunity to make those memories with his dad. This will be the third year they have hunted the property for just the cost of an insurance policy.

Maybe I'm getting soft, but i was not about to take away their place to hunt, talk, and build a relationship they would cherish for a lifetime. Those who grew up hunting with their dad or granddad know what I'm talking about. I'm 40 with 2 degrees, but can promise you the most important lessons I ever learned were from my dad in a deer stand or sitting on the tailgate of a truck after a hard days work.

Did you ask the sil for the lease payment? she committed fraud

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cleric] #4431589 07/30/13 03:37 AM
C
Cannon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Son in law of older widow. I think he is still paying restitution to the county- theft by deception, not surprisingly about the weakest offense on his wrap sheet.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cannon] #4519143 08/28/13 01:07 PM
P
PatD Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P

You are awesome for doing this!

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4556107 09/10/13 06:10 PM
E
EBB Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
E
Good place for him.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: EBB] #4590533 09/22/13 12:25 PM
P
Poke81 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
When I was a kid in high school my parents leased their land to a guy who the first year was solid. I think it was around the third year that he took all the hunters money but didn't pay any landowners. Parents property is out by Lake Daniels in Breckenridge and he had land "leased" from Abilene to W'ford. I think it was the mid/early 90's and I don't think the guy spent a day in jail over the offense but I could be wrong.

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Poke81] #4590817 09/22/13 03:22 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: Poke81
When I was a kid in high school my parents leased their land to a guy who the first year was solid. I think it was around the third year that he took all the hunters money but didn't pay any landowners. Parents property is out by Lake Daniels in Breckenridge and he had land "leased" from Abilene to W'ford. I think it was the mid/early 90's and I don't think the guy spent a day in jail over the offense but I could be wrong.

Did he go by C.W. ?

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: aeb] #4590895 09/22/13 04:03 PM
P
Poke81 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
I don't remember the name, I remember they lived in Cisco at the time

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4609579 09/28/13 09:15 AM
R
ryorgensen Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Thanks for sharing

Robert
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cajun Raider] #4643649 10/09/13 03:38 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider
Thanks for the heads up. This guy sounds like J D Cox reincarnated but just my personal opinion.

Wow have not heard his name in awhile - is JD Cox still around?

You can't fix stupid
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: mow] #4644626 10/09/13 09:20 PM
S
samo Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
What should someone do to verify they are entering into a valid lease? If I was to meet someone like this man Shane Roberts on the property, he showed me around, I paid him and unknowingly signed a fraudulent lease.... what could I have requested from him to validate that he owns and has a right to lease the land? (which obviously in this situation he would be unable to produce)

Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: bowassin] #4659076 10/14/13 07:56 PM
G
guns and bows Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Originally Posted By: sav7mag
His name is Shane Roberts ...we leased a part of our property in carbon tx
ToSHANE ROBERTS for hog hunting and this scum went and is leasing our property as a yr deer lease to at least 9 people that we know of which he has no rights to lease this property so these poor folks are out $1200 each.. The game warden has been noticed and is looking for him for fraud charges
So beware if leasing from a guy in carbon or gorman tx
Message me for more info or if your looking in these areas I can confirm this is our property

This guy is a HUGE AZZHOLE

Bad day of hutning is still better than a good day of work
Re: DEER LEASE SCAM ALERT [Re: Cannon] #4678687 10/21/13 05:20 PM
P
Parttime Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P

Wow, that was awesome of you!

Parttime (John)
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide