Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gun dog videos [Re: Angie B] #4106065 03/07/13 01:47 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Really Angie....racially inappropriate? Can't you get over the color of his skin and just see it for what it is? Its a guy who cant believe what he just saw.That's from Caddyshack...one of the funniest movies ever made and i thought it was not only funny, but fitting. Quit making everything about race and for goodness sake.... Lighten up.

Re: Gun dog videos [Re: Greg] #4106180 03/07/13 02:37 PM
C
Camo Momma Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Greg I'm new to retriever training as well, however have trained for many other disciplines. My honest opinion to you is opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one and no one thinks their's stink. In any endeavor I pursue, I think of information and advice as building blocks. Everyone is going to build their block pile a different way. Check out everyone's methods,never turn a deaf ear when someone offers up advice but ultimately use bits and pieces of information from all sources to construct your own building blocks. I'm a firm believer that if you are dedicated to training your dog, then you are the best person to train your dog. Decide what you want, and how you want it, then pursue training techniques in that area. I can't even decipher between all the training methods discussed in this thread, but I know how I want my dog to respond and work so I plan to customize my dog to fit me. Good luck sorting out all the bs.

Re: Gun dog videos [Re: Camo Momma] #4106267 03/07/13 03:16 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm learning that too Camo Momma. I try not to take things too serious and like to have fun...hence the pics above. I do learn quite a bit from this place though.

Re: Gun dog videos [Re: Greg] #4106392 03/07/13 04:00 PM
U
UTMallard Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
U
These threads crack me up. Angie, didnt you get kicked off RTF for repeated personal attacks? Seems like a common theme from you...

Re: Gun dog videos [Re: UTMallard] #4108194 03/08/13 05:33 AM
D
duckboogieman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
The best source of info is BowWowFlix. Like net flix, for $10/mo you can rent videos as fast as you can watch them. All the programs previously listed are available plus several others. My approach was to view them all, then pick the one that best suited my style, preferences, goals and the ability of my dog. All were informative and I learned some valuable information from each. Best of luck!!

HRCH Miss Ivy's Frequent Flying Dutchman MH (Dutch)
Re: Gun dog videos [Re: Ol_Yeller] #4108660 03/08/13 03:09 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Ol_Yeller

Couldn't resist!!
From the latest D.U. mag article titled 'Communicating With Your Retriever', Jack is telling me that he understands and accepts my instruction(s). This from Wildrose Kennels.

I'm not a pro, however, the dogs we trained in the military were not trained w/e-collar. We sent them out to bite and hold (no ff) and called them out and heel. Point being, there are different time proven methods.

Jack @ 14mo just got his 1st started pass @ HRC hunt test 2 weeks ago. My training consisted of past military experience w/some Wolters ideas.

To the OP, you've got the right idea by asking questions, just sort out your particular wants and wishes and see whose philosophies/training fit w/you and your dog the best. Good luck and above ALL else have fun!!

I just couldn't resist, either. (HIJACK! Or is that... "Hi, Jack!!!) Anyway... Wherever did you get such a HANDSOME dog? Wonder why it is he responds to British (Wild Rose, Wolters) training methods? Might be because he's British. Congrats on the hunt test.

Like so many have said... what suits YOU, YOUR style and YOUR dog. At the end of the day, it's all about enjoying the moment. Life's way too short to turn good times with your good buddy (canine, that is) into a source of stress & pressure. ENJOY!

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Gun dog videos [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4108900 03/08/13 04:26 PM
O
Ol_Yeller Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Yeah, I think Jack got the Rusty wow factor! As a matter of fact I would like to put in a standing clone order for about every 5 yrs!!

As far as the British thing...we usually sit down to tea and crumpets as we go over training for that day.Lack of dew claws really slows him down on the tea though.

Sorry OP

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide