Forums46
Topics539,464
Posts9,749,946
Members87,165
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: coreybasshunter] #4071726 02/21/13 03:22 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The company’s website offers a line of “No More Hesitation” targets ”designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.” The targets are, “meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time.”

Desensitization.. no matter the spin.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: coreybasshunter] #4071779 02/21/13 03:41 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I've been in law enforcement since 1987. Targets depicting various threats/non-threats are used for shoot-don't shoot scenarios for training purposes. This training is very, very important to law enforcement. It is nothing new.

I'm not happy about the attacks on the 2nd Amendment and stand by my vow to protect the Constitution. However, much like Corey I won't jump feet first into every conspiracy theory that crops up on the internet.

Everyone calm down.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Mike W] #4071945 02/21/13 04:28 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Mike W
The company’s website offers a line of “No More Hesitation” targets ”designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.” The targets are, “meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusual targets for the first time.”

Desensitization.. no matter the spin.

and necessary...no matter the spin.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Choctaw] #4072234 02/21/13 05:50 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
I've been in law enforcement since 1987. Targets depicting various threats/non-threats are used for shoot-don't shoot scenarios for training purposes. This training is very, very important to law enforcement. It is nothing new.

I'm not happy about the attacks on the 2nd Amendment and stand by my vow to protect the Constitution. However, much like Corey I won't jump feet first into every conspiracy theory that crops up on the internet.

Everyone calm down.

Just curious....have you looked at those targets?

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Walt Kowalski] #4072308 02/21/13 06:14 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Yes Walt, I did. They are training aides. Nothing more, nothing less.

American law enforcement has been using targets depicting kids, women, bad guys, irate squirrels, mules, dogs, and zombies for many years and somehow I have not become desynthesized to the taking of innocent lives.

We also role play with live actors playing different parts. Some of the actors are mean, others are nice. It is training.

Training needs to be a realistic as possible or it is useless.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Choctaw] #4072401 02/21/13 06:48 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Yes Walt, I did. They are training aides. Nothing more, nothing less.

American law enforcement has been using targets depicting kids, women, bad guys, irate squirrels, mules, dogs, and zombies for many years and somehow I have not become desynthesized to the taking of innocent lives.

We also role play with live actors playing different parts. Some of the actors are mean, others are nice. It is training.

Training needs to be a realistic as possible or it is useless.

Absolutely agree. Well said

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: coreybasshunter] #4073310 02/22/13 12:24 AM
D
Don Dial Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Hitler started w/political movements and his Youth Groups..ect..
It's called TRAINING..Makes one wonder about the large Ammo Budget they just submitted..Seems they are getting ready in case
they can't get the Military to enforce their rules/laws..ect.legal or othertwise..DD

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Don Dial] #4073552 02/22/13 01:41 AM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
With targets depicting threat and non threat no hesitation situations I am just curious as to if some of the LEO targets were plain clothed LEO or detectives with just a badge on the belt but with a gun pointed back ?

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: E-Cigrettman] #4073633 02/22/13 02:09 AM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Originally Posted By: E-Cigrettman
With targets depicting threat and non threat no hesitation situations I am just curious as to if some of the LEO targets were plain clothed LEO or detectives with just a badge on the belt but with a gun pointed back ?

Yes some of the targets are holding badges, some toy guns, some with badges on belts....

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Don Dial] #4073784 02/22/13 02:56 AM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Don Dial
It's called TRAINING..Makes one wonder about the large Ammo Budget they just submitted..Seems they are getting ready in case
they can't get the Military to enforce their rules/laws..ect.legal or othertwise..DD

Or maybe they saw that the consumers who were panicking and binge buying were killing the supply and placed the order to get what they need before they could not get it anymore. This is all speculation based on fear. There are a million legitimate reasons they could have placed the order for ammo and targets.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4073839 02/22/13 03:12 AM
J
jab3006 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Spacemonkey
Originally Posted By: Don Dial

Or maybe they saw that the consumers who were panicking and binge buying were killing the supply and placed the order to get what they need before they could not get it anymore. This is all speculation based on fear. There are a million legitimate reasons they could have placed the order for ammo and targets.

Didnt they place the ammo orders prior to the binge buying though? Something i have thought about since all this has been going on is in 94 when the ban was being proposed, i dont remember all the panic. Maybe it did occur, but i dont recall. Maybe the reason is the internet, the information and thoughts of a conspiracy were not being plastered online. Maybe the abundance of info online, true, or not has influenced some of our thinking. I myself have neen guilty of this. I try and think rationally when things like this are brought up, but it is hard. But on the other hand , i have always neen trained to play the what if game. SO, WHAT IF?

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: jab3006] #4073882 02/22/13 03:23 AM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Social media is absolutely the cause of much of the panic. There are so many conspiracy theories and false info on the web about this that its impossible to know the truth. You can't believe most anything you read on the web because most of it is published by the uninformed.

They have been ordering large quantities of ammo for years. Research it. This is nothing new. It's just in the spotlight because of all the panic. A year ago no one would have even noticed.

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 02/22/13 03:27 AM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4074258 02/22/13 12:35 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Social media is absolutely the cause of much of the panic. There are so many conspiracy theories and false info on the web about this that its impossible to know the truth. You can't believe most anything you read on the web because most of it is published by the uninformed.

They have been ordering large quantities of ammo for years. Research it. This is nothing new. It's just in the spotlight because of all the panic. A year ago no one would have even noticed.
WINNER!!!!!!!!

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Jasb] #4074798 02/22/13 04:14 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Is ironic that people are complaining about Muslim depictions on targets, but they have no issue with a pregnant woman, old person or kid.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4074978 02/22/13 05:13 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guess we really shouldn't take issue with a government that orders 1.4 billion rounds of ammo that can't be used by the military, hardened checkpoint booths with bullet proof glass for an agency who operates withing the confines of the US, targets depicting what is more likely to be white, middle class gun owners than an accurate representation of the prison population who are more likely to be what the officers face, and treat returning combat vets like they are the real threat.

Sounds good.. in a stupid kind of way.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4075102 02/22/13 05:55 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Dragonuv
Is ironic that people are complaining about Muslim depictions on targets, but they have no issue with a pregnant woman, old person or kid.

I dont recall any of us mentioning muslim targets. I have no problem with any of them. If its what it takes for our troops, Leo,s, agents etc to get the job done effectively and safely, then I'm for it.

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 02/22/13 05:57 PM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4075158 02/22/13 06:16 PM
Q
Quack Whacker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Q
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
Originally Posted By: 10ring
If someone ever wanted to take our guns they would need to be conditioned to take em from whoever.

Exactly. And therein lies the problem. Because NO ONE has the right to "take our guns." The right to bear arms is constitutionally protected. The point IS, they are preparing to take our guns at any cost - including murdering children and pregnant women. And it would be murder because there is no crime in defending one's rights.

BRAVO!!

Jesus Christ is Lord!
He is risen!
Genesis 9:2-3
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Quack Whacker] #4075271 02/22/13 07:10 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Quack Whacker
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
Originally Posted By: 10ring
If someone ever wanted to take our guns they would need to be conditioned to take em from whoever.

Exactly. And therein lies the problem. Because NO ONE has the right to "take our guns." The right to bear arms is constitutionally protected. The point IS, they are preparing to take our guns at any cost - including murdering children and pregnant women. And it would be murder because there is no crime in defending one's rights.

BRAVO!!

Conspiracy theory........Not going to happen!

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4075516 02/22/13 08:54 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

I dont recall any of us mentioning muslim targets. I have no problem with any of them. If its what it takes for our troops, Leo,s, agents etc to get the job done effectively and safely, then I'm for it.

A month or two ago, CAIR and some other bleeding heart organizations made such an uproar about the paper targets depicting "muslim terrorists", that a lot of gun ranges no longer use the targets. Yet these same groups(people) have no problem with the DHS targets depicting individuals(typical American citizens) who have never been known to be terrorists...pregnant women, old ladies, old men, prepubescent kids. That is what I was referring to. I guess they feel it is perfectly ok to shoot targets depicting white, black, brown, red, yellow people's...as long as they don't have a turban on their head, they are cool to shoot.

Last edited by Dragonuv; 02/22/13 09:26 PM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4075597 02/22/13 09:24 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

depicting individuals(typical American citizens) who have never been known to be terrorists...pregnant women, old ladies, old men, prepubescent kids, etc. That is what I was referring to.

I would not say never. The Oklahoma City bombing was carried out by what many would consider a typical American. The new town shootings... An American teenager become terrorist. It happens all too often. The columbine shootings..... Again American teenagers. If you do some fact finding you will see an upward trend in Typical Americans going off the deep end.

The ones I named are only a small fraction of the well known ones. If you also research it.... More white dudes go off the deep end with mass killings than any others.

Prepubescent children, pregnant women and especially disgruntled old men do represent a larger than you would think number of typical Americans who commit heinous crimes.

It was just recently when a young kid murdered his mom and sister here in north texas

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 02/22/13 09:28 PM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4075616 02/22/13 09:31 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
You're correct. But we've had targets depicting middle aged white men, black men, brown men, etc. for a long time, so why is no one screaming about that? That's the point I'm trying to make. The only targets they are whining about is the Muslim terrorist version. But I still see no need to have a pregnant woman or 10yo kid on a target. The weapons are what they should be looking for, not their age, size, color, etc.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4075650 02/22/13 09:41 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Are you referring to targets used by our law enforcement. Or the targets of Muslims in public gun ranges?

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 02/22/13 09:43 PM.
Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Spacemonkey] #4075679 02/22/13 09:53 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Are you referring to targets used by our law enforcement. Or the targets of Muslims in public gun ranges?

The Muslim targets were at gun ranges, but the targets of kids and pregnant women are being used by our very own DHS. It's in extremely bad taste given the fact that shooting at a 10yo kid will not make our security forces any more proficient with their firearms. Nor will it create any kind of desensitizing effect for the officers if, God forbid, they ever had cause to draw down on a kid. It's no secret that shooters come in all shapes and sizes, but to have a target of a kid(et al) is in extremely poor taste. A silhouette target would suffice just fine.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4075689 02/22/13 09:59 PM
O
Octopiston Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
So when are the politician targets coming out? Oh wait, the SS won't like that.

Re: Why would they need such targets? [Re: Dragonuv] #4075723 02/22/13 10:22 PM
S
Spacemonkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

The Muslim targets were at gun ranges, but the targets of kids and pregnant women are being used by our very own DHS. It's in extremely bad taste given the fact that shooting at a 10yo kid will not make our security forces any more proficient with their firearms. Nor will it create any kind of desensitizing effect for the officers if, God forbid, they ever had cause to draw down on a kid. It's no secret that shooters come in all shapes and sizes, but to have a target of a kid(et al) is in extremely poor taste. A silhouette target would suffice just fine.

well we were not discussing targets in public ranges so i dont see how your comparisons are valid. public ranges are a whole other topic in itself.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide