Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: godfather] #4089311 02/28/13 03:35 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: godfather
Well Magpul sold out, they will not be getting any more $ from me.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02...ban-state-leos/
Wow, I never saw that one coming.

Unfortunate.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: tth_40] #4090366 02/28/13 11:13 PM
10ring Offline
Tracker
Tracker
These companies may be smarter than we think they are. Maybe they predict that more gun control laws are coming no matter what the public wants and they as manufacturing companies must position themselves "now" to survive the eminent bans and restrictions. Maybe they feel that the only way to remain viable and in business is to align themselves with military and LEO customers now, not after the public sales stop.
Just a thought....

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: godfather] #4091046 03/01/13 02:54 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

No kidding. I know quite a few folks who are very disappointed in them.

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4091113 03/01/13 03:15 AM
boonee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
So what you are saying is LEOs and Military Personel in high cap ban states are BAD GUYS! They are not allowed the best equipment they can get to protect themselves, their familys, and the general public? WOW! OTTS will always give a price break to LEOs and military. OK, I have said my peace.

Avenger Firearms 214-577-5818
avengerfirearms@gmail.com

Lifetime NRA member
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: boonee] #4091307 03/01/13 04:28 AM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I don't think anyone is saying they are bad guys. The point is to prod the good guys among them to stand up and fight for our rights as US citizens. The left is unforgiving in their mission to disarm us yet we conservatives are fighting with pillows on our hands. I guess short term monetary gain is more important to some than preserving the freedoms so many have fought and died for. That's my .02

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: boonee] #4091308 03/01/13 04:28 AM
B
BPence Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Very disappointing!

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: bigjoe8565] #4091723 03/01/13 02:28 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
It's funny how Colorado doesn't want you to sell or own a 30 round magazine in their state, but are ok with them being manufactured there. Talk about being a hypocrite.

Hit the nail square on the head there.

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #4091776 03/01/13 02:49 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

No kidding. I know quite a few folks who are very disappointed in them.
So do I, and that number seems to be growing. Lots of folks on FB and elsewhere are PI$$ED at them.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: tth_40] #4091800 03/01/13 03:03 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I'm going to take a bit of an opposite stance here. Not trying to make anyone mad.

I do tend to think of the police has basically on my side. I think they need to be prepared as well as possible to address whatever situation they may find themselves in, and I think a 30 round pmag is much better suited for that than a ten rounder, especially when confronting criminals that do not care about laws in the first place.

In this case where magpul has decided to sell to LEO/Mil in ban states (but not to individuals), I think those critical of magpul have failed to miss the big picture. Magpul has opted to help LEO/Mil do their job as best as possible against crime - hardly a bad thing! The tragedy is not that Magpul is selling to them, but that Magpul CANNOT sell to individuals in ban states. Magpul is not the enemy as far as I see it, but the state gov's that have made restrictions on civilians is the root problem - which is entirely NOT magpul's fault.

I don't expect to win everyone over with this. But, think critically about it. The shame is not that Magpul has opted to do what they can in the fight against crime/criminals, but that Magpul cannot do more by selling to civilians as well in those states.

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4091824 03/01/13 03:13 PM
G
godfather Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to make sure we the people are not out gunned by our government. Cops are civilians too, they should not get special treatment. They are not above the law..........

C 1/9
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: godfather] #4092359 03/01/13 06:49 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
The purpose of the 2nd amendment is to make sure we the people are not out gunned by our government. Cops are civilians too, they should not get special treatment. They are not above the law..........

I agree with you completely except that I am not sure I see it as special treatment. Why is it special treatment for cops who need good equipment just like everyone else, instead of poor treatment of everyone else? I guess my point is that the problem is not that they ARE selling to cops, but that the ARE NOT able to sell to everyone else (which is not MAgpul's fault).

Said otherwise, which would you rather have - would you rather Magpul be able to sell to everyone or to no one? I'm sure you will answer "everyone", which highlights that the problem is not who they ARE selling to, but concerns who the CANNOT sell to by law.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4092366 03/01/13 06:53 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Plus - come on, get real - how likely is it that any of us generally law abiding people are going to get gunned down by the government? Is it possible, yeah. Has it happened before, yeah (Germany, China, etc). Is it likely here - sorry, but hell no.

Don't take me as being on the wrong side, but Magpul is not the one at fault here.The problem lies with the laws that prohibit them from selling to the rest of the people in banned states.

Last edited by jdk1985; 03/01/13 06:54 PM.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4092412 03/01/13 07:10 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: jdk1985
Plus - come on, get real - how likely is it that any of us generally law abiding people are going to get gunned down by the government? Is it possible, yeah. Has it happened before, yeah (Germany, China, etc). Is it likely here - sorry, but hell no.

Don't take me as being on the wrong side, but Magpul is not the one at fault here.The problem lies with the laws that prohibit them from selling to the rest of the people in banned states.

You live in Waco and think it could likely never happen here...ironic? Please inform the Native Americans as well. Maybe they were high on peyote and just imagined the US government disarming and slaughtering them. Those other places you mentioned thought it wouldn't happen to them either.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4092425 03/01/13 07:15 PM
G
godfather Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G

I agree the problem is with the laws but if We the People and the firearms industry don't stand up for our rights we have no chance of keeping them. Magpul is not taking a stand with me and people who think like me so I will not stand with them. Simple.

C 1/9
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: Chris/HOU] #4092513 03/01/13 07:55 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU

You live in Waco and think it could likely never happen here...ironic? .

Ha that is pretty ironic

But, I didn't say it had never happened, I simply said it was unlikely, which it is.

Last edited by jdk1985; 03/01/13 07:56 PM.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4092744 03/01/13 09:31 PM
B
Big A Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU

You live in Waco and think it could likely never happen here...ironic? .

Ha that is pretty ironic

But, I didn't say it had never happened, I simply said it was unlikely, which it is.

I hope you are right in saying it is unlikely to happen to us, however it seems like the unlikely is getting closer and closer with some of the bans and such going on seems like it is getting ready to start.

I pray that this day will never come because it will not be good for anyone but I still think we should be prepared for it may just happen someday.

Originally Posted By: NTX_Hunter
"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun"
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4092858 03/01/13 10:07 PM
F
floresrsr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
I'm going to take a bit of an opposite stance here. Not trying to make anyone mad.

I do tend to think of the police has basically on my side. I think they need to be prepared as well as possible to address whatever situation they may find themselves in, and I think a 30 round pmag is much better suited for that than a ten rounder, especially when confronting criminals that do not care about laws in the first place.

In this case where magpul has decided to sell to LEO/Mil in ban states (but not to individuals), I think those critical of magpul have failed to miss the big picture. Magpul has opted to help LEO/Mil do their job as best as possible against crime - hardly a bad thing! The tragedy is not that Magpul is selling to them, but that Magpul CANNOT sell to individuals in ban states. Magpul is not the enemy as far as I see it, but the state gov's that have made restrictions on civilians is the root problem - which is entirely NOT magpul's fault.

I don't expect to win everyone over with this. But, think critically about it. The shame is not that Magpul has opted to do what they can in the fight against crime/criminals, but that Magpul cannot do more by selling to civilians as well in those states.

I agree.

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Ernest Hemingway

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4093011 03/01/13 10:57 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

The shame is using police to enforce unconstitutional laws. Were I still in law enforcement, I would have to respectfully decline. "Following orders" will never excuse anyone. The police are there to protect and serve, the people. And they swear an oath to protect the constitution. The right shall not be infringed.. period.

I may not be right, but I prefer to err on the side of caution regarding this slippery slope.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: Sniper John] #4093069 03/01/13 11:15 PM
G
Grendel 6.5 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
I would love to see all those AR manufacturers in NY and CT, move thier facilites to more pro-gun states. Same with Magpul.

Texas has a great opportunity right now to bring some tax dollars into the state. A lot of firearms related manufacturers are being effected in these states passing new laws. Even if they do not pass, it is a reflection of the direction of those states in the future. The benefit would not only be tax dollars, but if an struggling community in Texas were to invite these companies to their town, perhaps with tax breaks in the first few years and or selling them city owned land at a reduced cost to help offset the companies expense of moving, it would bring much needed jobs and associated new growth to those communities as well. Any texas politician or lawmaker not aggressively working on this RIGHT NOW is a fool IMHO.

I absolutely agree with SniperJohn. Texas communities should capitalize on this now. Strike while the iron's hot as the old saying goes.... Down in Temple near Waco and Fort Hood they are romancing California businesses aggressively as all those soldiers getting out of the military every month provide a steady workforce and Texas' favorable regulations toward business and manufacturing. I think it's hilarious that working folks and businesses are leaving Kalifornia and leaving behind a bankrupt state for the tree huggers to enjoy...

I go to Bone Daddy's for the burgers....yeah, that's why.
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: Grendel 6.5] #4093562 03/02/13 03:19 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
What convinces you the tree huggers and anti gunners are staying in Kalifornica?? Why aren't they coming to Tx, many of them are coming home.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: Mike W] #4093580 03/02/13 03:27 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Mike W

The shame is using police to enforce unconstitutional laws. Were I still in law enforcement, I would have to respectfully decline. "Following orders" will never excuse anyone. The police are there to protect and serve, the people. And they swear an oath to protect the constitution. The right shall not be infringed.. period.

I may not be right, but I prefer to err on the side of caution regarding this slippery slope.
+1. I really am not so up on what some call "critical thinking", but in what I call the "big picture" realm Mike is right. There is no threading the needle. The Constitution is pretty straightforward on this. "We The People" is ALL citizens, regardless of employment.

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: tth_40] #4094079 03/02/13 01:55 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I think you are right tth (and Mike, if I understood correctly). It is ALL citizens.

BUT-

even then, we still have to decide what element to critique. Sure, we can criticize Magpul for selling to LEO/mil in ban states. But, thinking about the 'big picture,' wouldn't it be more worthwhile instead to refocus our efforts on criticizing the laws that hinder magpul (and others) from selling to ALL citizens... shouldn't we instead criticize the fact that ALL citizens should not have rights infringed?

Complaining about Magpul is essentially a complaint that LEO and MIL still have access to those items while other citizens do not. Instead, I think what we should really complain about and critique is the fact that everyone else (ALL citizens) does not.

Let me ask it this way - would you rather EVERYONE (LEO/mil/me and you) have access to the same items (my argument), or would you rather NO ONE have access to these items (the argument of those critical of Magpul)?

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: jdk1985] #4094118 03/02/13 02:11 PM
G
godfather Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
It's the principle. Magpul made a big deal about the 2nd in Co but they still chase that dollar everywhere they can. That’s fine, it’s a free country and a free market. You keep buying from them and I’ll take my business elsewhere. I’ll buy from a company that is more than just a corporate entity, I’ll buy from a company that has principles.

C 1/9
Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: godfather] #4094204 03/02/13 03:01 PM
F
floresrsr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Message from Richard Fitzpatrick, President, CEO-Founder, Magpul Industries.

"REGARDING LEO SALES
March 1st, 2013

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick
President/CEO - Founder
Magpul Industries"

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.
Ernest Hemingway

Re: Colorado Mag Ban [Re: floresrsr] #4094225 03/02/13 03:12 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Well there you have it

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread