Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4018729 02/03/13 03:07 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Why not line up a lot of them and not really care where the bullet goes as long as it hits something solid.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: rifleman] #4018812 02/03/13 03:36 AM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
I don't think some folks have the hog problems that others do or they'd probably understand.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4018827 02/03/13 03:41 AM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Hogslayer5L
Originally Posted By: Cool_Hand
Originally Posted By: jshouse
not so much with leavin'em lay, but "shootin'em in the guts" will get me angered.

In cases where the hog population is abundant the old gut shot is the best! Why? Hogs will eat other hogs especially if they are wounded and bleeding. Todays feral hogs could possibly be diseased and dangerous for human consumption. We usually have our ranch flown with helicopter for hogs coyotes and cats.

So how does it make it best that the hog you gut shot dies a horrible death and then feeds the hogs you consider a pest? As opposed to making a good kill shot and eating or dragging them off? Dumbest post ive read in a while.

Well, it's evident you don't have a hog problem like I do. They are destructive and destroy other wildlife and I don't care if they're all gut shot pardner. And I don't really care what you think of my post, put that in your pipe and smoke it. BTW, are you a tree hugger?

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Cool_Hand] #4018844 02/03/13 03:47 AM
C
cory_cooper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
not so much with leavin'em lay, but "shootin'em in the guts" will get me angered.

In cases where the hog population is abundant the old gut shot is the best! Why? Hogs will eat other hogs especially if they are wounded and bleeding. Todays feral hogs could possibly be diseased and dangerous for human consumption. We usually have our ranch flown with helicopter for hogs coyotes and cats.

So how does it make it best that the hog you gut shot dies a horrible death and then feeds the hogs you consider a pest? As opposed to making a good kill shot and eating or dragging them off? Dumbest post ive read in a while.

Well, it's evident you don't have a hog problem like I do. They are destructive and destroy other wildlife and I don't care if they're all gut shot pardner. And I don't really care what you think of my post, put that in your pipe and smoke it. BTW, are you a tree hugger?

probably not a tree hugger, just one of those that thinks feral animals are "game" animals... probably calls them boars. I lost any restraint I had about shooting hogs after the never ending cycle of fixing roads and feeders at the lease and and cutting hay fields that are visited by hogs, oh and I try to kill cleanly but if i don't I don't loose sleep.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Cool_Hand] #4018848 02/03/13 03:49 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
duel

Let's discuss the causes of the Civil War and who was right and wrong and the good, bad, ugly. Cattle vs sheep.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: blackcoal] #4018886 02/03/13 04:04 AM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Please read my post again. Im simply stating the obvious fact that it in no way helps your hog problem by gut shooting them vs making a kill shot. According to you, letting the other hogs dine on your gut shot hogs is necessary in combating hog populations. Please explain your logic if you want. I would love to hear it. Btw, I do like trees.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4018913 02/03/13 04:15 AM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
It doesn't matter where you shoot them. Just try to shoot everyone you see.

#sigline
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: #Hayraker] #4018925 02/03/13 04:20 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: Hayraker

That's the spirit!!

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Sneaky] #4018941 02/03/13 04:27 AM
D
dickiedoo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Buzzards gotta eat, too....

Well put!!!!!

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: blackcoal] #4019014 02/03/13 04:52 AM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Originally Posted By: blackcoal
duel

Let's discuss the causes of the Civil War and who was right and wrong and the good, bad, ugly. Cattle vs sheep.

grin

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: cmc] #4019265 02/03/13 11:30 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: cmc
I trapped for a job for several winters I think I've smelled as bad a hog as there are and cleaned em and they all smell the same on the inside. Haven't found one yet I couldnt make taste good. It's just easier to say they stink than clean em.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Sneaky] #4019304 02/03/13 12:56 PM
T
Tbone1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Buzzards gotta eat, too....

I'll take the eatin' size ones, but after that......

They gotta' go!

I don't ask for help

TBone

please excuse all typos as a big heifer calf made my left hand nothing more than counter balance.

"Rye will do, provided it gets here quick"......
Augustus McCrae
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Big Orn] #4019600 02/03/13 03:41 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I've seen both sides of this arguement. For the most part we don't shoot what we don't eat or call friends before we go and see if they want one. Once the numbers get out of hand then we make other arrangements. up

No matter which way one goes I tend to respect the other point of view too since one may not be aware of the other situation. Having said that I think it behooves each of us to think about how we reply to other persons posts. 2cents

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
duel Let's discuss the causes of the Civil War and who was right and wrong and the good, bad, ugly. Cattle vs sheep.
clap

How 'bout .308 vrs 30.06 or HF/LF (again) bolt

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: cmc] #4019619 02/03/13 03:52 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
If I don't need one I don't shoot it. If I make arrangements to give one away I will kill and quarter for whoever needs it. Quartering is very easy and doesn't take long and is a weak excuse to not give them away. Anybody should be able to quarter a hog in 10-15 minutes and that amount of time is not much if its giving things to people they need or want. I wish for everyone shot in the guts to run off and die ten would replace it. Processors who are in the hunters for the hungry program will take quartered hogs too so I give them to the processor who donates their time and it eventually ends up at crisis centers and soup kitchens. I don't do it to feel better about myself I do it because I want to hunt and respect the hunt and the game enough to make use of it.

Lol. I always love the holier than thou attitude of some people.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: rifleman] #4019676 02/03/13 04:18 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: Hayraker

That's the spirit!!

Yes sir, there ya go Mr. hogslayer, I think that pretty well nails it.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4019697 02/03/13 04:27 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Please read my post again. Im simply stating the obvious fact that it in no way helps your hog problem by gut shooting them vs making a kill shot. According to you, letting the other hogs dine on your gut shot hogs is necessary in combating hog populations. Please explain your logic if you want. I would love to hear it. Btw, I do like trees.

Why would I want to read your post again? Part of my livlihood is made from clients that hunt on our ranch. Do we sell hog hunts? You bet your sweet petunia we do but any other time my outfitter and his guides and myself are driving, flying, or whatever method it takes to get the numbers reduced in hog populations. We aren't going to take the time to see if we get a "clean kill" in your words to insure the hog doesn't die an agonizing death. Why don't you organize a club that stands up for hog rights? You think MY post sounded dumb? If we used your method of killing we would be totally over run in a years time sir, wake up!

Oh, does this sound logical? And it's funny how someone percieves how something is done. We don't purposely gut shoot hogs so the other can feed on it we just don't take the time to inspect every shot as a "kill" shot. What you are suggesting is completely out of the realm of logic especially if they are being hunted from the air. Tell me, how would you handle that situation? Land everytime you took a shot to insure a "kill" shot? You hunt the way you want to and we'll do it the way we do it all the time.

Last edited by Cool_Hand; 02/03/13 04:38 PM.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Cool_Hand] #4019728 02/03/13 04:40 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Why would I want to read your post again? Part of my livlihood is made from clients that hunt on our ranch. Do we sell hog hunts? You bet your sweet petunia we do but any other time my outfitter and his guides and myself are driving, flying, or whatever method it takes to get the numbers reduced in hog populations. We aren't going to take the time to see if we get a "clean kill" in your words to insure the hog doesn't die an agonizing death. Why don't you organize a club that stands up for hog rights? You think MY post sounded dumb? If we used your method of killing we would be totally over run in a years time sir, wake up!

And you are a business owner acting like this on a forum full of your potential customers? Sounds like your "method of killing" is more of a spray and pray approach...hopefully you dont allow customers to practice this approach while hunting with you, especially with youngsters around.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: txjt] #4019747 02/03/13 04:46 PM
K
kleinwild Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Originally Posted By: txjt
But why be wasteful? Plenty of people could use the meat.

I don't see a problem with it though but I personally would never do it.

Who needs free meat when Obama will feed you?

"2 lines you should never cross....horizontal and vertical"
"bolt actions speak louder than words"
"God is not on the side of battalions, but on the side that shoots best"

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: jshouse] #4019753 02/03/13 04:48 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I just saw that you added a part about hunting from the air, i realize this makes it pretty much impossible to make a clean shot and by its nature it is a spray and pray method so u dont have much choice there. I dont see the appeal in that stuff but have many friends that do.

Last edited by jshouse; 02/03/13 04:49 PM.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: jshouse] #4020020 02/03/13 06:35 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

And you are a business owner acting like this on a forum full of your potential customers? Sounds like your "method of killing" is more of a spray and pray approach...hopefully you dont allow customers to practice this approach while hunting with you, especially with youngsters around.

Sir, for one thing you know nothing about what you are saying. Our outfitter has a substancial following and we don't allow anyone to set foot on the place with out a guide. Everything we do is above board and our customers are number one. I have no idea what you are refering to as how I'm acting. Hogs are not a desireable item but moreover a neusance.

If someone wants to hunt hogs and along with a guide do it in the manner we dictate that is fine. When we do not have clients on our place we will manage it like we please for the betterment of the business. You need to look over the fence on the other side to have a comlete understanding about running a hunting ranch before you pass judgement on something you know nothing of.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Cool_Hand] #4020039 02/03/13 06:47 PM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Cool hand-
In your original post you wrote... And I quote "sometimes a gut shot is best." I understand that in shooting them from the air you dont necessarily have time to ensure a good shot... But thats NOT what you said. You said a GUT SHOT IS BEST, because it runs off and other hogs eat it. Again... Dumbest thing ive heard. Im out. I cant argue with morons.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: BOONER] #4020070 02/03/13 07:05 PM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: BOONER
If I don't need one I don't shoot it. If I make arrangements to give one away I will kill and quarter for whoever needs it. Quartering is very easy and doesn't take long and is a weak excuse to not give them away. Anybody should be able to quarter a hog in 10-15 minutes and that amount of time is not much if its giving things to people they need or want. I wish for everyone shot in the guts to run off and die ten would replace it. Processors who are in the hunters for the hungry program will take quartered hogs too so I give them to the processor who donates their time and it eventually ends up at crisis centers and soup kitchens. I don't do it to feel better about myself I do it because I want to hunt and respect the hunt and the game enough to make use of it.

Nothing about it says holier than though, if you read it,it says I don't do it to feel better about my self I do it because there's no sence in wasting or finding some excuse for being lazy which is what your doing when you don't clean one. They stink, there's too many, can't eat the big ones, ok find another reason to shoot and leave it lay. Just say cause I can and then I can see you for the kind of person you are, the kind that has no respect for life and would prolly do the same to a dog right.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: cmc] #4020096 02/03/13 07:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: BOONER

Nothing about it says holier than though, if you read it,it says I don't do it to feel better about my self I do it because there's no sence in wasting or finding some excuse for being lazy which is what your doing when you don't clean one. They stink, there's too many, can't eat the big ones, ok find another reason to shoot and leave it lay. Just say cause I can and then I can see you for the kind of person you are, the kind that has no respect for life and would prolly do the same to a dog right.

Correct. I've never eaten any of the dogs I've shot.

Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Sneaky] #4020162 02/03/13 07:51 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
Might want to check

Proverb 12:10

or even Billy Gramham

http://www.billygraham.org/articlepage.asp?articleid=6217

http://icpanonline.org.p4.hostingprod.co...w.287224429.pdf

Their all God creatures..

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: ethical question for the board [Re: Hogslayer5L] #4020170 02/03/13 07:55 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
[quote]Cool hand-
In your original post you wrote... And I quote "sometimes a gut shot is best." I understand that in shooting them from the air you dont necessarily have time to ensure a good shot... But thats NOT what you said. You said a GUT SHOT IS BEST, because it runs off and other hogs eat it. Again... Dumbest thing ive heard. Im out. I cant argue with morons.[quote]

I said sometimes sir, not the gut shot is the best. A squealing, bleeding hog will have the tendancy to draw other hogs thus a chance to eliminate more hogs.

You know nothing about hunting a hog or I would give you credit. You fail to realize that a hog is NOT a game animal. There are no regulations or limits on them. Nationwide they are a total neusance so who cares how they are eliminated? You too sir are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. At our place we do not consider a hog a game animal so I guess your arguement for the hog is a moot point with me because I don't share your sentiments for a useless animal that contributes ZERO to our wildlife and enviornment. And lastly, I will not resort to coming down to your level sir and name call. You do in fact need to change you handle because I don't think you have ever slayed anything!

Last edited by Cool_Hand; 02/03/13 07:56 PM.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide