J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: jshouse
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
Yup they had big ole fish nets and they pulled em behind UTV's, deer didn't have a chance.......C'mon Man!

haha

the thing is, they are not his deer or your deer or my deer, they are our deer. am i wrong? tell me i'm wrong. you dont want me to be right. but i'm right.

this isnt to you little alaskan buddy, i just enjoyed your post. keep it up.

The way I understand it is that the state owns them, and the state has no issues with high fences. I could be mistaken, though.

if we all agreed how fun would the internet be?

Last edited by jshouse; 01/24/13 12:57 AM. Reason: beer

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986081 01/24/13 12:55 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
and heck no the state dont have a problem with them, they get to shoot deer with forked antlers and kickers everywhere cuz of them.

If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3986093 01/24/13 12:58 AM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Really? Another one of these?

Mud Shark

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3986094 01/24/13 12:58 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Deer are the property of the people of Texas. The state is charged with managing them.

Since the majority of the members of the TPWD Commission are HF guys themselves (appointed by the HF guy pictured above) the law is,uhh,"interpreted" in favor of the HF guys.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986104 01/24/13 01:00 AM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Sneaky....you realize this isn't the only state that hunts deer, has private property and people grow agriculture or do nothing with their land. But this is the ONE state that has made it a common occurrence to throw the big fences up, lock neighboring land owners off, and control where the deer do and don't go for one reason and one reason only.....to grow trophy deer for themselves. Its just not natural man, its a way to throw your weight around with money and get what you want no matter the price. I haven't even mentioned the other thing that drives me nuts about high fence hunting.....the type of people that actually pay to hunt on these ranches....thinking I'll not even go there tonight!...grin

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mud Shark] #3986114 01/24/13 01:01 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Mud Shark
Really? Another one of these?

Love that sig pic MS.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3986142 01/24/13 01:06 AM
H
huntnguide83 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: huntnguide83

Ok...so let me get this straight..your said buddy busted his [censored] bought his land (kudos to him) then has his neighbors fence their property bc of him shooting "their" deer, so said buddy get's pissed off about it, calls his land useless bc "his" deer are now no longer on "his" property. TO me that makes no freaking sense. If someone wants to take entitlement of "their" deer then put up a fence and quit complaining about it...and even then they are still the states deer! I can assure you that caring for deer and animals behind a fence take a ton of work, time and money. Like it or not it's a source of income for most HF ranch owners.

Man some of you are hard headed as hell, do I have to spell the chit out. Geez....take the high fence out of the equation and let the deer go where they want to, neither ranch owns the deer! Cept for the ones they buy from you and put there!

If we didn't put up fences we would have no assurance as the outcome and levels of our deer herds due to neighbors. I can tell you that I personally won't shoot an 8pt or better buck unless he's mature or needs to be culled. Joe Blow on the other hand will shoot any 8 point to walk in front of him regardless. There will never be a day when HF and LF people are on the same page. But I'd bet the farm that 9 out of 10 HF ranches have better and healthier deer because most HF ranches treat their animals like children, and they are well cared for. Heck, look at a lot of the antler restrictions through out the state...gee I wonder why those came about???? If you don't know I'll clue you in and it's main focus point was to let bucks reach as close as maturity as possible. In a perfect world there would be no fences and we would all have to find something else to moan about...but it's not and it's not going to change just like HF ranching.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3986147 01/24/13 01:07 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Yup they had big ole fish nets and they pulled em behind UTV's, deer didn't have a chance.......C'mon Man!

haha

the thing is, they are not his deer or your deer or my deer, they are our deer. am i wrong? tell me i'm wrong. you dont want me to be right. but i'm right.

this isnt to you little alaskan buddy, i just enjoyed your post. keep it up.

The way I understand it is that the state owns them, and the state has no issues with high fences. I could be mistaken, though.

if we all agreed how fun would the internet be?

Man, I don't know what I'd do out here with all this down time if that happened.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3986169 01/24/13 01:11 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Sneaky....you realize this isn't the only state that hunts deer, has private property and people grow agriculture or do nothing with their land. But this is the ONE state that has made it a common occurrence to throw the big fences up, lock neighboring land owners off, and control where the deer do and don't go for one reason and one reason only.....to grow trophy deer for themselves. Its just not natural man, its a way to throw your weight around with money and get what you want no matter the price. I haven't even mentioned the other thing that drives me nuts about high fence hunting.....the type of people that actually pay to hunt on these ranches....thinking I'll not even go there tonight!...grin

And I thank God that I was born and raised in a state that gives so much consideration to landowner's rights.

Hey, I don't expect anyone to like high fences. I just expect people to respect other's rights.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: crankn101] #3986173 01/24/13 01:11 AM
H
huntnguide83 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: crankn101
Look at this skilled hunter, probably put in months of scouting and running trail cams...

At least our governor hunts unlike some of those other liberal va jay jays!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3986180 01/24/13 01:13 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Deer are the property of the people of Texas. The state is charged with managing them.

Since the majority of the members of the TPWD Commission are HF guys themselves (appointed by the HF guy pictured above) the law is,uhh,"interpreted" in favor of the HF guys.

Considering the flourishing herd of whitetails in this state, I'd say they're doing a pretty fine job of managing them.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986198 01/24/13 01:17 AM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Man its just a hunting forum, I'm throwing my opinion out there just like everyone else. Lord knows we aint moving mountains or oceans on here, just an exchange of opinions. I gave mine, and you gave yours and that's where it ends. Its all good. I'll be happy to take another 110" 3.5 yr old 8 pointer next year and my son will put the smackdown on a doe or cull 6 and $3,000 later it kind of seems worth it!....grin

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3986204 01/24/13 01:18 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: A.B.
I would never shoot a deer behind a high fence. I don't care how big it is.

I never have but if I were at a ranch hunting and that deer walked out and they said go ahead shoot him then I prolly would it just wouldn't be the trophy that a free range 150 is to me.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: huntnguide83] #3986205 01/24/13 01:18 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Look at this skilled hunter, probably put in months of scouting and running trail cams...

haha, but is it hunting if its behind a HF from a 14ft tower stand 200 yards away?

i kid! i kid!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: huntnguide83] #3986206 01/24/13 01:18 AM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

Yeah but the Alaska Governor was a hunter too , and she was much easier on the eyes than ole Rick is!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3986220 01/24/13 01:22 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: BMD

It was given to him didn't cost the gov a penny so now anyone gonna say they wouldn't have shot it for free popcorn

I wouldn't. And I'll put my hand on the Bible.

What if 10k acre hf popcorn I am not saying it would be that impressive as a trophy but still beautiful mount now I agree if it was in a pen and you just drove up and shot it prolly not.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3986225 01/24/13 01:22 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Yeah but the Alaska Governor was a hunter too , and she was much easier on the eyes than ole Rick is!

2nd that

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3986229 01/24/13 01:23 AM
H
huntnguide83 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

LMAO! this is true. Don't think many would kick her out of the....well anything!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3986230 01/24/13 01:23 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Man its just a hunting forum, I'm throwing my opinion out there just like everyone else. Lord knows we aint moving mountains or oceans on here, just an exchange of opinions. I gave mine, and you gave yours and that's where it ends. Its all good. I'll be happy to take another 110" 3.5 yr old 8 pointer next year and my son will put the smackdown on a doe or cull 6 and $3,000 later it kind of seems worth it!....grin

I feel like I might have moved a mole hill, and those are easily made into mountains.

It's funny....that's about what I spent and that's almost exactly what my boy and I shot.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986234 01/24/13 01:24 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Considering the flourishing herd of whitetails in this state, I'd say they're doing a pretty fine job of managing them.

Well if you consider alot of manipulated bigguns penned up behind HFs a "flourishing herd" I guess so then....

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986241 01/24/13 01:25 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I would shoot that deer in any sized pen. I would eat the meat and sell the antlers. Wouldn't feel bad about that at all.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3986247 01/24/13 01:26 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Well if you consider alot of manipulated bigguns penned up behind HFs a "flourishing herd" I guess so then....

The herd flourishes on both sides, amigo.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3986253 01/24/13 01:27 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A

Penned deer are like athletes using pep. Just cheating in my eyes.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3986260 01/24/13 01:29 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: A.B.

Penned deer are like athletes using pep. Just cheating in my eyes.

Cheating what? Is hunting a competition?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3986272 01/24/13 01:33 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Cheating what? Is hunting a competition?

cheating yourself and/or the animal, if nothing else.

Last edited by jshouse; 01/24/13 01:33 AM.

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide