A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: jshouse
When we bought our property that was a concern of our, we bought it knowing we may get fenced down the road.

and how will that make you feel?

THis aint Dr. fill I dont wana talk about how I feel!

Wouldnt bother me too much. We would probably start to handle things a little differently and would be just fine.

Dr. fill?

Damn son, your an Aggie, don't embarrass us.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3985412 01/23/13 10:25 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
One should never have to fear that after buying a piece of wilderness property that he could potentially have all natural resources blocked from accessing or traveling through his land by his or her neighbors Texas version of the Berlin wall...there is nothing rational about having that happen to you. And I do have a friend that it happened to, and his property became useless. He was a hunter and could only afford 100 acres and it took many years for him to come up with the money to buy that piece of land, then the 1000+ acre neighboring ranches blocked him off because quote on quote...he was shooting their deer. Blows my mind that such an action is considered legal. I have more land than you do so the wild deer are mine???? Its insane, and exactly why I would never buy land down here that was intended for recreational purposes, cant imagine a more heartbreaking feeling than being a victim of that chit.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985446 01/23/13 10:30 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
One should never have to fear that after buying a piece of property that he could potentially have all natural resources blocked from accessing or traveling through his land by his or her neighbors Texas version of the Berlin wall...there is nothing rational about having that happen to you. And I do have a friend that it happened to, and his property became useless. He was a hunter and could only afford 100 acres and it took many years for him to come up with the money to buy that piece of land, then the 1000+ acre neighboring ranches blocked him off because quote on quote...he was shooting their deer. Blows my mind that such an action is considered legal. I have more land than you do so the wild deer are mine???? Its insane, and exactly why I would never buy land down here that was intended for recreational purposes, cant imagine a more heartbreaking feeling than being a victim of that chit.

Preach on brother! After awhile you'll hear the "it makes no difference because they can jump the fence" argument.

Then you will know you've gotten the best of them. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985453 01/23/13 10:32 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Guess what...

WHen they put the fence up his place became worthless... worthless without the deer coming from the big ranch, thus they were their deer.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3985459 01/23/13 10:33 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Guess what...

WHen they put the fence up his place became worthless... worthless without the deer coming from the big ranch, thus they were their deer.

Yep. This is the HF mindset on full display. Usually not said out loud though....

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3985468 01/23/13 10:35 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Well it has been a good day I see, I slept till about 2 today and back at my full time job to argue with you all while I get paid. So please tell me all you LF lovers and HF haters have you ever shot an exotic or anything inside a HF, if not good for you. With this being said to each his own but HF is here to stay and no one of us will ever change it, it is a buisness and a huge money maker for Texas alone. Hell Lee and Tiffanys place they hunt on on TV is HF but they wont say it or admit it on national air, think about that next time your thinking about how great they are killing those giant northern deer under there petting zoo as you all call it. Come on page 50 before the lock you guys got it in you LOL............. Also SEE SIG LINE HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: BBD84] #3985473 01/23/13 10:36 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Oh and my fence on my place isnt a HF its 7'11" so it wont make your requirements to be 8' fenceing lol.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3985477 01/23/13 10:37 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Guess what...

Yep. This is the HF mindset on full display. Usually not said out loud though....

Yes it is the "im going to be self reliant and sleep in the bed I make side".

Just because the guy who bought the 100 acres is left with no deer doesnt make that wrong. I have a cousin who hunted off of a 14 acre place that backed up to a several 1000 acre place, they shot 6 nice bucks in 1 year, now tell me who is in the wrong? He got fenced out the next year and had a 14 acre property accesed off of a 20 foot wide lane and it was hi fenced all except his 20' of road frontage. I say served him right.

Last edited by redchevy; 01/23/13 10:37 PM.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3985486 01/23/13 10:39 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Guess what...

Yeah that's it!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985494 01/23/13 10:40 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
What if someone didnt have a fence.... is that possible in here?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985495 01/23/13 10:40 PM
B
buck-snort Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
One should never have to fear that after buying a piece of wilderness property that he could potentially have all natural resources blocked from accessing or traveling through his land by his or her neighbors Texas version of the Berlin wall...there is nothing rational about having that happen to you. And I do have a friend that it happened to, and his property became useless. He was a hunter and could only afford 100 acres and it took many years for him to come up with the money to buy that piece of land, then the 1000+ acre neighboring ranches blocked him off because quote on quote...he was shooting their deer. Blows my mind that such an action is considered legal. I have more land than you do so the wild deer are mine???? Its insane, and exactly why I would never buy land down here that was intended for recreational purposes, cant imagine a more heartbreaking feeling than being a victim of that chit.

I am trying to follow this. So in this situation how many sides of this 100 acres were blocked by a high fence. I understand the arguement but when I buy property it's mine and if I want to high fence it what would my other options be? Get the neighboors permission?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3985502 01/23/13 10:42 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
so, i call you and say i want to shoot a 200" deer, you say you have one with my name on it. (i have seen some posts from you asking if anyone has a 160 available because you have a guy that wants a 160, so it seems this is pretty common.) i know that i am about to fork over some money (kill or no kill) and really expect that you have your ducks in a row and have a pretty good idea where this buck is and when i will have my best chance to shoot him. right? as a business owner/guide, in order to keep your customers happy you know you have to be able to give them a very good chance if not guarantee they will have a chance to shoot this buck. right?
so i show up on friday to a good dinner, saturday morning/afternoon i go sit in a stand that you have directed me to and shoot the buck that has my name on it.
hunting? more like proving your gun is sighted in. and i know "to each his own" and all that, if u want to "order up" a 160 on tuesday and go shoot him on saturday, so be it, i just dont see what level of satisfaction one could get from it.
i know that not all HF places are like this, most probably arent, but it is just not good for our sport that scenarios like this are out there.
this is all just my opinion and while i know we are all hunters and it is all hunting, some methods can still give us a black eye and arent necessarily good for the future of our sport. [/quote]

You have maybe seen me looking for a 160 plus 8 point but I have access to plenty of 160-240" deer just not exactly what that customer wanted, I get satifaction out of seeing someone make the shot or a kid get one down either a 180" buck or a doe, I hunt HF because one we own one and 2 I have been in this industry as a part time job more of a hobby as I make zero at the end of the year after I pay for all my expenses and maybe one or 2 hunts for me or my dad at another ranch, but I do it strictly for the love of the outdoors. Not all HF places are a trap shot as some of you may think and most of the ones I hunt or guide on or have guided on are actually just as hard hunting as LF palces. The only reall diffrence is your odds are a little better and the sizes of the horns or antlers are much larger than 99% of native deer.

Last edited by BBD84; 01/23/13 10:43 PM.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3985511 01/23/13 10:44 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Navasot

I dont think the fence surrounding our place really qualifies as a fence... its more like brush with a couple strips of 50 year old rusted/roted barbed wire.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: buck-snort] #3985517 01/23/13 10:46 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: dwalls
IT is there option to HF it if they want if its 10 acres or 10K acres, If it was me they did that to id fence the other last side and go from there, either sell it as a little $$$ maker or just stock it to sell some animals or maybe hunts off of, there is a huge market to make $$$ you just have to jump in and give it a shot.

I am trying to follow this. So in this situation how many sides of this 100 acres were blocked by a high fence. I understand the arguement but when I buy property it's mine and if I want to high fence it what would my other options be? Get the neighboors permission?

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3985519 01/23/13 10:46 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

yep, none of my places have fences.. 1 has an old barbwire fence that's up in a cpl places...you wouldn;t know it until you tripped over it.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3985529 01/23/13 10:48 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: rifleman

yep, none of my places have fences.. 1 has an old barbwire fence that's up in a cpl places...you wouldn;t know it until you tripped over it.

bout like mine

I had a big exotic movin around back there a bit too because of it...never was able to get him wit my bow...maybe he will make it back soon

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3985535 01/23/13 10:50 PM
D
don k Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
This thread is like a chupa, you can't kill it.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3985541 01/23/13 10:52 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
had 1 of those show up on 1/14.. sorry joker knew exactly where the feeder was, he walked the road to my foodplot, walked to the stand, left the rest of the foodplot alone and then walked 100 yards down a little trail to the feeder.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3985554 01/23/13 10:55 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Maybe Texas ranchers need to gather and form an HOA grin

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Navasot] #3985573 01/23/13 11:00 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: rifleman

bout like mine

I had a big exotic movin around back there a bit too because of it...never was able to get him wit my bow...maybe he will make it back soon

Them dudes can eat alot of protein!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: buck-snort] #3985585 01/23/13 11:03 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

Well the property wasn't square, you drove down the gravel road a long ways off the highway and it ended at his property, but the new high fence started between a 1/4 and 1/2 mile from his property line on the left side and the high fence went all the way in to his property and ran all the way around. Then on the back side on an angle he had a small piece that butted up to the Devils sinkhole state park, and the next year a nearby neighbor bought up a bunch of 100 ish acre pieces of land next to him on the right side of the property line and through up high fence for as far as the eye could see. He essentially had whatever walked down the gravel road along the high fences going in to his place and whatever he could draw across that 100 yard or so stretch that butted up to the sinkhole. This happened within 3 years of buying the land. He was a typical blue collar hard working guy without a lot of money but he loved hunting and even built a pretty sweet cabin out there himself that I helped him finish (sheet rock, mud and tape and paint).Dude I felt so bad for the guy this place was a dream come true that turned into a nightmare. He tried to talk tothe guys when they were putting the fence up about what it was doing to his property but the guys next door could give a phuck, they told him he should have bought more land!

Own all the land one wants and can buy but the high fences are an unnatural obstacle to me, a real negative game changer on so many levels. it screams GREEEEED!!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985609 01/23/13 11:09 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Well the property wasn't square, you drove down the gravel road a long ways off the highway and it ended at his property, but the new high fence started between a 1/4 and 1/2 mile from his property line on the left side and the high fence went all the way in to his property and ran all the way around. Then on the back side on an angle he had a small piece that butted up to the Devils sinkhole state park, and the next year a nearby neighbor bought up a bunch of 100 ish acre pieces of land next to him on the right side of the property line and through up high fence for as far as the eye could see. He essentially had whatever walked down the gravel road along the high fences going in to his place and whatever he could draw across that 100 yard or so stretch that butted up to the sinkhole. This happened within 3 years of buying the land. He was a typical blue collar hard working guy without a lot of money but he loved hunting and even built a pretty sweet cabin out there himself that I helped him finish (sheet rock, mud and tape and paint).Dude I felt so bad for the guy this place was a dream come true that turned into a nightmare. He tried to talk tothe guys when they were putting the fence up about what it was doing to his property but the guys next door could give a phuck, they told him he should have bought more land!

Sadly stuff like that happens all the time when big places are split up. You dont even need a fence, its just splitting the 1000 acre homeplace into 10 or 20 100 or 50 acre places that everyone buys to hunt on, a few years down the road their aint even a jack rabit left.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3985614 01/23/13 11:11 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

Sadly stuff like that happens all the time when big places are split up. You dont even need a fence, its just splitting the 1000 acre homeplace into 10 or 20 100 or 50 acre places that everyone buys to hunt on, a few years down the road their aint even a jack rabit left.

Yes sir!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3985627 01/23/13 11:14 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Yes sir!

SO... is the problem the big ranch or the little ranches?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3985663 01/23/13 11:22 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
The value placed on the deer....

Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread