Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984227 01/23/13 05:10 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
I have plenty of deer on my place. I have made my place better by putting in food plots, making sure there is water, good cover, and plenty of free food. Some of the neighbors aren't as fortunate and they don't have as many deer. They are entitled to have the same oppurtunity as I do, so sometimes chase them over the fence with the 4 wheeler to make sure the neighbor gets his fair share. It is the right thing to do up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984228 01/23/13 05:10 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
Don't even know what put and take means but Im guessing its something else I wouldn't be in support of. All I am saying is that the deer that are on the 100,1000,5000, etc acres of land do NOT belong to the landowner. They are a wild resource that belongs to the people of the state. When you throw up a half mile of fence and contain and control the path that a wild resource travels IMO, its wrong on every level. But in response to that will be the "Im trying to manage my ranch for TROPHY deer and my neighbor shoots everything that walks".......so were back at the Trophy hunting issue.

Are there no deer outside of the fence? Or do you just want all of them on your place?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984237 01/23/13 05:11 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: jshouse

thats a clown post bro. so what is a minimum amount of acreage one should have to have "much of a place to hunt?" or what is the minumum amount of acreage one must have to not be considered stealing deer from their neighbor?

so since my neighbor has more land than me i should just lease or go somewhere else so i dont shoot deer coming from his place?

is my 45 acres enough to hunt or should i just let my 60 acre neighbor hunt by himself out there?

You don't have to put words in my mouth just because you don't like what I have to say.

I never said it was stealing. Just making the point that if a fence keeps you from seeing deer on your property, the fence is not the only reason.

Do you think your self imposed right to see deer on your property supersedes the right of a landowner to do what he wants with his property? Do you want anyone telling you what you can and can't do with your property?

nope, just like i cant do anything if he decides to put speakers around his fenceline and plays lady gaga all day long. i am not saying this is a legal issue or a landowner rights issue, this all gets back to ethics and morals and fair chase and respecting your neighbor...which again, isnt legal or a right, i understand that, but it doesnt mean i am not going to get all riled up and butt hurt if it ever happened. i dont think this issue was ever made into a legal one, its emotional.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984245 01/23/13 05:12 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Don't even know what put and take means but Im guessing its something else I wouldn't be in support of. All I am saying is that the deer that are on the 100,1000,5000, etc acres of land do NOT belong to the landowner. They are a wild resource that belongs to the people of the state. When you throw up a half mile of fence and contain and control the path that a wild resource travels IMO, its wrong on every level. But in response to that will be the "Im trying to manage my ranch for TROPHY deer and my neighbor shoots everything that walks".......so were back at the Trophy hunting issue.

Put & take usually involves breeder bucks and what you can't actually grow you buy and turn loose on the property so many days before season. The one I go on every once in a while the bucks still associate people with food and they have no problems hunting you up to see if you;re there to feed them.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3984248 01/23/13 05:13 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: rifleman
So I wonder at what point they turned into livestock where buying and selling them was acceptable...

Blame the harper auction. they were doing it with exotics for so long then decided it was high time to start doing it with whitetails.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3984252 01/23/13 05:14 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I seen't them every year at the rodeo in your hood. Reminded me of a calf sale. So I wonder at what point they turned into livestock where buying and selling them was acceptable...

The point at which they were bred under controlled circumstances, same as livestock.

Why is it okay to breed, raise, and slaughter cattle, but not deer? Is it because someone claims to have hunted it? I can see that, but why does it bother people so much. Why do people care? It's an animal.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3984257 01/23/13 05:16 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: txshntr
I have plenty of deer on my place. I have made my place better by putting in food plots, making sure there is water, good cover, and plenty of free food. Some of the neighbors aren't as fortunate and they don't have as many deer. They are entitled to have the same oppurtunity as I do, so sometimes chase them over the fence with the 4 wheeler to make sure the neighbor gets his fair share. It is the right thing to do up

my neighbors get their fair share by sitting in stands 10 yards from our fenceline FACING the fenceline. they dont need any help.

If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3984258 01/23/13 05:16 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

Put & take usually involves breeder bucks and what you can't actually grow you buy and turn loose on the property so many days before season. The one I go on every once in a while the bucks still associate people with food and they have no problems hunting you up to see if you;re there to feed them.

That's phucking sad if you ask me!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984259 01/23/13 05:17 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
So I wonder at what point they turned into livestock where buying and selling them was acceptable...

Blame the harper auction. they were doing it with exotics for so long then decided it was high time to start doing it with whitetails.

It kind of goes against the public trust doctrine when wildlife started being done that way, or perhaps the state considers those livestock.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984260 01/23/13 05:17 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I seen't them every year at the rodeo in your hood. Reminded me of a calf sale. So I wonder at what point they turned into livestock where buying and selling them was acceptable...

Probably a few years after they started raising and selling elk.....

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984261 01/23/13 05:17 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Lets just make this an all in one argument topic!

Ill add this for discusion... shooting spikes right or wrong?

Dad shot one last weekend weighed a little over 100 lbs on the hoof and had the corect permanent teeth to be a 2.5 YO deer according to dad and brother.

Have fun.

matt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: redchevy] #3984263 01/23/13 05:18 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: redchevy

Dad shot one last weekend weighed a little over 100 lbs on the hoof and had the corect permanent teeth to be a 2.5 YO deer according to dad and brother.

Have fun.

matt

Baby killer

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984265 01/23/13 05:19 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

which is an exotic here...same as a buffa/beefalo.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984269 01/23/13 05:19 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

The point at which they were bred under controlled circumstances, same as livestock.

Why is it okay to breed, raise, and slaughter cattle, but not deer? Is it because someone claims to have hunted it? I can see that, but why does it bother people so much. Why do people care? It's an animal.

such is life.

why do people care what kind of truck i drive, or what god i believe in, or what bow i shoot? for the most part people are nosy elitists.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984274 01/23/13 05:20 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Have fun.

matt

Baby killer

My hero

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3984275 01/23/13 05:20 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

But which state started with the elk breeding? popcorn

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984277 01/23/13 05:21 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

b/c lawmakers made them property of the state...and everyone has to pay in to the ponzi scheme to fund an agency that oversees them.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3984279 01/23/13 05:22 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: jshouse

such is life.

why do people care what kind of truck i drive, or what god i believe in, or what bow i shoot? for the most part people are nosy elitists.

I personally don't care. I might give you a hard time for driving a Dodge, but I really don't care.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Glowka] #3984280 01/23/13 05:22 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Glowka
I received the LF vs HF talk today from my father when I told him I would rather shoot a 170 class deer on a LF than a 250 on a HF. Who all has attempted to give you the talk and for what reason?

Why didn't you wait till Thursday night to post this.... bang Friday's have been so dead around here hammer

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984285 01/23/13 05:23 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

But which state started with the elk breeding? popcorn

prolly WY or southern Colorado.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984288 01/23/13 05:23 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

That's phucking sad if you ask me!

Sure, but what does it hurt? If that's what they want to do, why should we care?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984303 01/23/13 05:28 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Have fun.

matt

Baby killer

My hero

Shame on both of ya'll.

Im gonna call james kroll right now and report both of you to the spike buck preservation and managment department

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984322 01/23/13 05:32 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Have fun.

matt

Baby killer

My hero

Shame on both of ya'll.

Im gonna call james kroll right now and report both of you to the spike buck preservation and managment department

Dont worry we have plenty of them left! Difference is we have 2 that are twice the size of all the others. One got shot last weekend and proved himself to be 2YO the other will be heavily hunted for the next 2 weekends.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984341 01/23/13 05:38 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Have fun.

matt

Baby killer

My hero

Shame on both of ya'll.

I have James cell phone # if you want it.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984465 01/23/13 06:09 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I guess running the spike debate into the mix was just too much... system overload? confused2

It's hell eatin em live
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide