THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Sounds to me that it's not the fence that is causing the problem, but the fighting. And which side is the one picking the fight? Which side has a problem with other people and how they choose to hunt and manage their land? Oh yeah....the haters. So where's that black eye really coming from?

If the fence wasn't there, then there wouldn't be any haters. If there weren't any haters, then there wouldn't be any arguing. If there wasn't any arguing, then there wouldn't be a black eye cheers

True enough. I just can't figure out why the haters care so much about a landowner doing what he wants with his property.

Of course, if we didn't have any guns, then nobody would be fighting to take them from us. I suppose guns are the problem, then.

Then we would have bows and the problem would still exist grin

Landowner rights are all well and good for most people, as long as it protects what they want to do with their land. When the neighbor does something that might have an effect on them, then they no longer believe in landowner rights.

"Assault" bows do exist, don't they? This could be a problem.

I suppose the point could be argued that high fences can and do affect other properties, and, of course, landowner rights don't include infringing upon the rights of others.

How does a high fence affect the neighbor? It keeps game from leaving your land and entering theirs. Well, if your property is large enough to hold deer, I don't see the issue. If it's not large enough to hold deer, then you really didn't have much of a place to hunt to begin with, and you are probably part of the reason for the fence, anyway.

I believe it's the right of the landowner to put up any fence he pleases, though I can understand the frustration of a small landowner surrounded by such a place. The way I see it? You shouldn't be depending on your neighbor to carry the deer just so you can shoot them on your place. Buy a bigger place or lease or hunt public land.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984073 01/23/13 04:38 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

Most areas of public land you have to draw a tag. you can't just pick up a weapon and go.

the OTC areas are crowded with hunters. I'm glad that texas has the amount of private land that it does.

Its not fun to hike 3 miles, set up on a ridge then have 6 hunters walk past you during your morning hunt

Yeah but you appreciate what you kill when you are successful all the more and the most important thing is not how it scores! That's the difference between hunting and managed killing.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984078 01/23/13 04:39 PM
A
A.B. Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: A.B.
only negative talk i've ever recieved about HF is from people who didn't really know all the much about hunting in texas,period.

There really are two types of HF hunting....Native born and bred stock that is behind a high fence and breeder pen released deer onto a ranch. I am 100% for the former, can't stand the latter.

Really, that's an arrogant statement, even for you and 100% bs.

How is that statement arrogant???

To say a man doesn't know hunting because of his disapproval of HF. I have been hunting this state since before you were a twinkle in your daddies eye and you are going to make a statement like that. There are people who don't believe in HF hunting.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3984085 01/23/13 04:42 PM
A
A.B. Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
A pen is a pen.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3984087 01/23/13 04:42 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
only negative talk i've ever recieved about HF is from people who didn't really know all the much about hunting in texas,period.

There really are two types of HF hunting....Native born and bred stock that is behind a high fence and breeder pen released deer onto a ranch. I am 100% for the former, can't stand the latter.

To say a man doesn't know hunting because of his disapproval of HF. I have been hunting this state since before you were a twinkle in your daddies eye and you are going to make a statement like that. There are people who don't believe in HF hunting.

I can see where that could be construed as arrogant...And I know a lot of people that have hunted in Texas that dislike HF's. If I had to place a bet, I would probably have to wager that more Texas hunters dislike HF's than actually like them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984093 01/23/13 04:43 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
This is just my opinion so take it for whats its worth....Trophy Hunting has done tremendous damage to the hunting heritage nationwide! Texas High Fence trophy hunting has just taken it to a completely different level! Bottom line is that money is the catalyst to all of the above, and in the end only those with the most money benefit....everyone else plays the game and also pays the price and I am not just implying this is the case here in Texas but across the nation, Texas just takes it to a different level. The only saving grace for millions of American hunters is that state and federal land is still available for them to tread on and hunt on, the same cant be said here in Texas. Looking at the number of petting zoos (HF ranches)that have been built in just the last 10 years is mind boggling, cant imagine what another decade of high fences being erected will do to the scenery and the resources.

Now high fences are harming our resources? I don't follow.

I'm not big on high fences myself, but I'll say this for them: they typically do more for their resources inside that fence than most do outside of it.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984106 01/23/13 04:46 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Time to start passing this out.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984116 01/23/13 04:48 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I am not referring to the care taken of the resources, rather the fact that they take POSESSION of them by controlling where they can and cant go.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3984126 01/23/13 04:49 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: jshouse

I have no interest in a put and take operation. I have little interest in any high fenced operation. But who am I to tell others how to hunt?

This issue is rooted far deeper than how people hunt or kill animals. The haters just can't see past the fact that others are killing bigger deer than them, and it might be easier for them to do so, as if this were some sort of competition. It's not, and the real issue here is landowner rights. I don't want anyone telling me what kind of fence or livestock I can and cannot put up on MY land, so I'll be danged if I'm going to tell anyone else what to do in that regard.

So you don't care for how someone kills animals on their property. So? It doesn't hurt you, believe it or not, so why care? Let them hunt how they want, and maybe they'll allow you the same respect.

ah, but it is about competition, why keep score if it doesnt matter who wins? it does matter. post a buck with a score attached and see how many questions u get about it from people that dont hunt anywhere near you and dont know u from adam. it does matter.

there are many arms of this argument, competition/jealousy is one for sure, but so is fencing out small landowners, fencing in native animals, pricing out "average guys,".....

how can u say it wouldnt "hurt" me if the neighbors of my 45 acres decided to fence their places? i guess i could always hunt squirrels and ride 4 wheelers.

If it is a competition, then B&C must be the referee chosen by most. They don't accept high fence kills, so why worry about that?

That fence doesn't stop you from doing anything you want to do on your land. If you aren't seeing deer, it's because you have 45 acres. They can't fence you out on all four sides.

Last edited by Sneaky; 01/23/13 04:52 PM.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984129 01/23/13 04:50 PM
A
A.B. Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Time to start passing this out.

You fellas quit messing with the big dogs and your tail won't hurt.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3984135 01/23/13 04:51 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

He didn't say that, actually.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: BBD84] #3984143 01/23/13 04:51 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: BBD84
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: BBD84
What about the guy who wants a 240-250" buck?
Send this guy to me, no problems at all. He wants it I got it for him but when he makes a bad shot hes not gona be happy.

Why would they make a bad shot?
Not saying they will, I have had it happen before and alot of them dont understand why they have to pay for a deer they're not taking home and why it goes of what the guide had him scored at but thats just part of it. Blood or for sure hit and your paying for it no questions.

Deer's not going anywhere, so could they call in dogs to find their deer? stir

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984148 01/23/13 04:52 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
[quote=Sneaky]If the fence wasn't there, then there wouldn't be any haters. If there weren't any haters, then there wouldn't be any arguing. If there wasn't any arguing, then there wouldn't be a black eye cheers

True enough. I just can't figure out why the haters care so much about a landowner doing what he wants with his property.

Of course, if we didn't have any guns, then nobody would be fighting to take them from us. I suppose guns are the problem, then.

Then we would have bows and the problem would still exist grin

Landowner rights are all well and good for most people, as long as it protects what they want to do with their land. When the neighbor does something that might have an effect on them, then they no longer believe in landowner rights.

"Assault" bows do exist, don't they? This could be a problem.

I suppose the point could be argued that high fences can and do affect other properties, and, of course, landowner rights don't include infringing upon the rights of others.

How does a high fence affect the neighbor? It keeps game from leaving your land and entering theirs. Well, if your property is large enough to hold deer, I don't see the issue. If it's not large enough to hold deer, then you really didn't have much of a place to hunt to begin with, and you are probably part of the reason for the fence, anyway.

I believe it's the right of the landowner to put up any fence he pleases, though I can understand the frustration of a small landowner surrounded by such a place. The way I see it? You shouldn't be depending on your neighbor to carry the deer just so you can shoot them on your place. Buy a bigger place or lease or hunt public land.

thats a clown post bro. so what is a minimum amount of acreage one should have to have "much of a place to hunt?" or what is the minumum amount of acreage one must have to not be considered stealing deer from their neighbor?

so since my neighbor has more land than me i should just lease or go somewhere else so i dont shoot deer coming from his place?

is my 45 acres enough to hunt or should i just let my 60 acre neighbor hunt by himself out there?

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984160 01/23/13 04:53 PM
A
A.B. Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Online Content
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Yeah, he did.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984167 01/23/13 04:54 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I am not referring to the care taken of the resources, rather the fact that they take POSESSION of them by controlling where they can and cant go.

Do they fence in all the deer in that county, or just what's on their land at the time?

And with that argument, there shouldn't be any issues with put and take operations.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984178 01/23/13 04:57 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

If it is a competition, then B&C must be the referee chosen by most. They don't accept high fence kills, so why worry about that?

That fence doesn't stop you from doing anything you want to do on your land. If you aren't seeing deer, it's because you have 45 acres. They can't fence you out on all four sides.

but what if i am seeing deer on my 45 acres and i am feeding them all year and being very responsible with what i shoot/dont shoot, and they decide to fence me in, or out i suppose? should i be happy? nope, i would need 3 tubes of butt hurt cream.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: A.B.] #3984188 01/23/13 05:00 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

thats not at all what I said. I said the only negative talk I've ever heard are from people who didn't know much about hunting in texas, not people that disagree with high fence don't know what hunting is.

And for the record, i was never a twinkle in my dads eye......I was a bottle rocket

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984197 01/23/13 05:01 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Don't even know what put and take means but Im guessing its something else I wouldn't be in support of. All I am saying is that the deer that are on the 100,1000,5000, etc acres of land do NOT belong to the landowner. They are a wild resource that belongs to the people of the state. When you throw up a half mile of fence and contain and control the path that a wild resource travels IMO, its wrong on every level. But in response to that will be the "Im trying to manage my ranch for TROPHY deer and my neighbor shoots everything that walks".......so were back at the Trophy hunting issue.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984198 01/23/13 05:02 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

thats a clown post bro. so what is a minimum amount of acreage one should have to have "much of a place to hunt?" or what is the minumum amount of acreage one must have to not be considered stealing deer from their neighbor?

so since my neighbor has more land than me i should just lease or go somewhere else so i dont shoot deer coming from his place?

is my 45 acres enough to hunt or should i just let my 60 acre neighbor hunt by himself out there?

You don't have to put words in my mouth just because you don't like what I have to say.

I never said it was stealing. Just making the point that if a fence keeps you from seeing deer on your property, the fence is not the only reason.

Do you think your self imposed right to see deer on your property supersedes the right of a landowner to do what he wants with his property? Do you want anyone telling you what you can and can't do with your property?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984200 01/23/13 05:02 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
also, George Strait owns a HF ranch.....so take that haters

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984206 01/23/13 05:03 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
So has anyone ever attended a deer auction?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3984211 01/23/13 05:05 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

but what if i am seeing deer on my 45 acres and i am feeding them all year and being very responsible with what i shoot/dont shoot, and they decide to fence me in, or out i suppose? should i be happy? nope, i would need 3 tubes of butt hurt cream.

I would not expect you to be happy. I'm not happy when I'm in my blind and nature's silence is broken by someone shooting a case of shells next door. But I would never ask that their right to do so be infringed upon for my own convenience. Some things in life are unpleasant, but a man's rights are much more important than that.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984215 01/23/13 05:06 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Don't even know what put and take means but Im guessing its something else I wouldn't be in support of. All I am saying is that the deer that are on the 100,1000,5000, etc acres of land do NOT belong to the landowner. They are a wild resource that belongs to the people of the state. When you throw up a half mile of fence and contain and control the path that a wild resource travels IMO, its wrong on every level. But in response to that will be the "Im trying to manage my ranch for TROPHY deer and my neighbor shoots everything that walks".......so were back at the Trophy hunting issue.

You don't know what a put and take operation is(you put animal in and then take it out, typically dead in the back of a truck) and your sitting here telling us who owns the wildlife and whatnot.

the person with the rights to the animals are the landowners that take care of them.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: rifleman] #3984219 01/23/13 05:07 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
So has anyone ever attended a deer auction?

I seent one on the television once

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3984226 01/23/13 05:10 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I seen't them every year at the rodeo in your hood. Reminded me of a calf sale. So I wonder at what point they turned into livestock where buying and selling them was acceptable...

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide