Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983950 01/23/13 04:14 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
It just amazes me that this subject gets this many replies in a 13 hour period.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3983952 01/23/13 04:14 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: A.B.
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
only negative talk i've ever recieved about HF is from people who didn't really know all the much about hunting in texas,period.

There really are two types of HF hunting....Native born and bred stock that is behind a high fence and breeder pen released deer onto a ranch. I am 100% for the former, can't stand the latter.

Really, that's an arrogant statement, even for you and 100% bs.

How is that statement arrogant???

Because.....you're not on his side?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3983953 01/23/13 04:14 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Honestly....... HF 4 the win boom!!!!

Gasoline poured.

Saying you hate high fence makes you SOUND like an ivory tower soap box fella or a hater. Ease off the haterade.

Have a good one fellas.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983960 01/23/13 04:15 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
determined
Online Content
determined
A little more and we can get this thread locked or deleted.

banana2

Hunt however you want as long as it's ethical and legal. Go have fun! Bring a kid if possible.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: TurkeyHunter] #3983966 01/23/13 04:17 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
A little more and we can get this thread locked or deleted.

banana2

Hunt however you want as long as it's ethical and legal. Go have fun! Bring a kid if possible.

Nah. Just a good healthy debate grin

Kind of like "what caliber", "neck and head shots", "bow vs rifle", etc...it will always come up and then go away.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3983967 01/23/13 04:17 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Originally Posted By: jshouse
well look at the amount of "heated debates" on this site alone, in the state that all the HF's started. u dont think hunters fighting with hunters gives all of us a black eye?

and i could care less about what "northerners" say or think about me, but look at the view of texas hunters from those out of the state, they think we are a joke. my BIL lives in missouri and although it is in good fun, constantly gives me grief about using feeders.

i know HF's and put and take places are in every state, but everyone thinks of texas first when these topics come up.

just like most up there think everyone in texas rides a horse and wears cowboy boots, they like to think we all stare at feeders behind high fences. i had a 30min conversatuon with a lady my wife works with on new years eve about feeding deer all year and waiting for them to show up and killing them. she didnt want to hear anything about food plots or standing corn, she didnt agree with feeding dear, and that was the end of the conversation. that is what we deal with from anti's who like to play on emotions when degrading our sport, they talk about deer in pens and "trapped" behind high fences.

how many people have you ever heard talking down to someone for hunting unfenced public land? its because there is a difference.

sure, most of these arguments stem from ignorance, but most people dont like to logically think through issues, they like to go straight off emotion.

So, you admit that the non hunting public knows little about it and already has misguided ideals relating to what they think hunting should be. You also admit that you don't care what people outside of Texas think. Yet, somehow, this all factors in to this black eye I keep hearing about.

Sounds to me that it's not the fence that is causing the problem, but the fighting. And which side is the one picking the fight? Which side has a problem with other people and how they choose to hunt and manage their land? Oh yeah....the haters. So where's that black eye really coming from?

regardless of where it comes from, its there. yes, the non-hunting public knows little about it and has misguided ideals, very true. but just look at this site, a lot of the HUNTING public knows little about it and has misguided ideals about it.

like i said, most HF places are probably just as hard to hunt as most LF places, but the "put and take" and "drive thru" style places are what get people riled up, hunters and non hunters

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3983968 01/23/13 04:17 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Lmao I use these posts to bump my rep points lol. Damnit I wanna be a Thf celebrity this yr it's a new years resolution haha. We all aren't changing my positions on this.

HF 4 the win!!!!

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: passthru] #3983970 01/23/13 04:18 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: passthru

Why?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983971 01/23/13 04:18 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Sounds to me that it's not the fence that is causing the problem, but the fighting. And which side is the one picking the fight? Which side has a problem with other people and how they choose to hunt and manage their land? Oh yeah....the haters. So where's that black eye really coming from?

If the fence wasn't there, then there wouldn't be any haters. If there weren't any haters, then there wouldn't be any arguing. If there wasn't any arguing, then there wouldn't be a black eye cheers

True enough. I just can't figure out why the haters care so much about a landowner doing what he wants with his property.

Of course, if we didn't have any guns, then nobody would be fighting to take them from us. I suppose guns are the problem, then.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983973 01/23/13 04:18 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

If the fence wasn't there, then there wouldn't be any haters. If there weren't any haters, then there wouldn't be any arguing. If there wasn't any arguing, then there wouldn't be a black eye cheers

Still they would have reasons to argue with public land vs private land, landowners are asking to much money for their leases, guided vs on your own, small landowner killing to many deer, etc. Since some guys just like to argue.... nidea

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3983977 01/23/13 04:19 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

True enough. I just can't figure out why the haters care so much about a landowner doing what he wants with his property.

Of course, if we didn't have any guns, then nobody would be fighting to take them from us. I suppose guns are the problem, then.

Then we would have bows and the problem would still exist grin

Landowner rights are all well and good for most people, as long as it protects what they want to do with their land. When the neighbor does something that might have an effect on them, then they no longer believe in landowner rights.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3983978 01/23/13 04:19 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Stop drinking lemon line haterade!!!!!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3983982 01/23/13 04:20 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Still they would have reasons to argue with public land vs private land, landowners are asking to much money for their leases, guided vs on your own, small landowner killing to many deer, etc. Since some guys just like to argue.... nidea

peep

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3983987 01/23/13 04:21 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: jorge
Stop drinking lemon line haterade!!!!!

It's cool...I got the blue stuff up

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983989 01/23/13 04:21 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: stxranchman

peep

Shoe fits huh rofl

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3983999 01/23/13 04:23 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
How many days till deer season again bang

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: stxranchman] #3984009 01/23/13 04:25 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: jshouse] #3984013 01/23/13 04:25 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
well look at the amount of "heated debates" on this site alone, in the state that all the HF's started. u dont think hunters fighting with hunters gives all of us a black eye?

and i could care less about what "northerners" say or think about me, but look at the view of texas hunters from those out of the state, they think we are a joke. my BIL lives in missouri and although it is in good fun, constantly gives me grief about using feeders.

i know HF's and put and take places are in every state, but everyone thinks of texas first when these topics come up.

just like most up there think everyone in texas rides a horse and wears cowboy boots, they like to think we all stare at feeders behind high fences. i had a 30min conversatuon with a lady my wife works with on new years eve about feeding deer all year and waiting for them to show up and killing them. she didnt want to hear anything about food plots or standing corn, she didnt agree with feeding dear, and that was the end of the conversation. that is what we deal with from anti's who like to play on emotions when degrading our sport, they talk about deer in pens and "trapped" behind high fences.

how many people have you ever heard talking down to someone for hunting unfenced public land? its because there is a difference.

sure, most of these arguments stem from ignorance, but most people dont like to logically think through issues, they like to go straight off emotion.

So, you admit that the non hunting public knows little about it and already has misguided ideals relating to what they think hunting should be. You also admit that you don't care what people outside of Texas think. Yet, somehow, this all factors in to this black eye I keep hearing about.

regardless of where it comes from, its there. yes, the non-hunting public knows little about it and has misguided ideals, very true. but just look at this site, a lot of the HUNTING public knows little about it and has misguided ideals about it.

like i said, most HF places are probably just as hard to hunt as most LF places, but the "put and take" and "drive thru" style places are what get people riled up, hunters and non hunters

I have no interest in a put and take operation. I have little interest in any high fenced operation. But who am I to tell others how to hunt?

This issue is rooted far deeper than how people hunt or kill animals. The haters just can't see past the fact that others are killing bigger deer than them, and it might be easier for them to do so, as if this were some sort of competition. It's not, and the real issue here is landowner rights. I don't want anyone telling me what kind of fence or livestock I can and cannot put up on MY land, so I'll be danged if I'm going to tell anyone else what to do in that regard.

So you don't care for how someone kills animals on their property. So? It doesn't hurt you, believe it or not, so why care? Let them hunt how they want, and maybe they'll allow you the same respect.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3984023 01/23/13 04:27 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
This is just my opinion so take it for whats its worth....Trophy Hunting has done tremendous damage to the hunting heritage nationwide! Texas High Fence trophy hunting has just taken it to a completely different level! Bottom line is that money is the catalyst to all of the above, and in the end only those with the most money benefit....everyone else plays the game and also pays the price and I am not just implying this is the case here in Texas but across the nation, Texas just takes it to a different level. The only saving grace for millions of American hunters is that state and federal land is still available for them to tread on and hunt on, the same cant be said here in Texas. Looking at the number of petting zoos (HF ranches)that have been built in just the last 10 years is mind boggling, cant imagine what another decade of high fences being erected will do to the scenery and the resources.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984030 01/23/13 04:29 PM
J
jcarlson91 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
popcorn

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3984048 01/23/13 04:32 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Why?

Vicious circle where no ones mind is changed, nothing positive comes out of it and is mostly started by someone without any good intentions for the post anyhow. It does nothing positive for the hunting community or this forum from my point of view.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984049 01/23/13 04:32 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
Looking at the number of petting zoos (HF ranches)that have been built in just the last 10 years is mind boggling, cant imagine what another decade of high fences being erected will do to the scenery and the resources.

I would say that there have been less ranches HF'd in the last ten years in south texas than in the ten years prior.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: AlaskaCub] #3984058 01/23/13 04:34 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
This is just my opinion so take it for whats its worth....Trophy Hunting has done tremendous damage to the hunting heritage nationwide! Texas High Fence trophy hunting has just taken it to a completely different level! Bottom line is that money is the catalyst to all of the above, and in the end only those with the most money benefit....everyone else plays the game and also pays the price and I am not just implying this is the case here in Texas but across the nation, Texas just takes it to a different level. The only saving grace for millions of American hunters is that state and federal land is still available for them to tread on and hunt on, the same cant be said here in Texas. Looking at the number of petting zoos (HF ranches)that have been built in just the last 10 years is mind boggling, cant imagine what another decade of high fences being erected will do to the scenery and the resources.

Most areas of public land you have to draw a tag. you can't just pick up a weapon and go.

the OTC areas are crowded with hunters. I'm glad that texas has the amount of private land that it does.

Its not fun to hike 3 miles, set up on a ridge then have 6 hunters walk past you during your morning hunt

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: passthru] #3984059 01/23/13 04:35 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

Why?

Vicious circle where no ones mind is changed, nothing positive comes out of it and is mostly started by someone without any good intentions for the post anyhow. It does nothing positive for the hunting community or this forum from my point of view.

True. The ones that don't like it are always going to dislike it and the ones that are for it are always going to be for it. But there are hundreds of other arguments on this forum that the same thing can be said about. Why is this one different and how is it any more negative for the hunting community and this forum?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Sneaky] #3984065 01/23/13 04:36 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

I have no interest in a put and take operation. I have little interest in any high fenced operation. But who am I to tell others how to hunt?

This issue is rooted far deeper than how people hunt or kill animals. The haters just can't see past the fact that others are killing bigger deer than them, and it might be easier for them to do so, as if this were some sort of competition. It's not, and the real issue here is landowner rights. I don't want anyone telling me what kind of fence or livestock I can and cannot put up on MY land, so I'll be danged if I'm going to tell anyone else what to do in that regard.

So you don't care for how someone kills animals on their property. So? It doesn't hurt you, believe it or not, so why care? Let them hunt how they want, and maybe they'll allow you the same respect.

ah, but it is about competition, why keep score if it doesnt matter who wins? it does matter. post a buck with a score attached and see how many questions u get about it from people that dont hunt anywhere near you and dont know u from adam. it does matter.

there are many arms of this argument, competition/jealousy is one for sure, but so is fencing out small landowners, fencing in native animals, pricing out "average guys,".....

how can u say it wouldnt "hurt" me if the neighbors of my 45 acres decided to fence their places? i guess i could always hunt squirrels and ride 4 wheelers.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide