Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
The LF vs. HF Talk #3982661 01/23/13 03:34 AM
G
Glowka Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
I received the LF vs HF talk today from my father when I told him I would rather shoot a 170 class deer on a LF than a 250 on a HF. Who all has attempted to give you the talk and for what reason?

Wicked Catch Prostaff. Ultimate Fishing Apparel
www.wickedcatchgear.com
Enter code: WCPROSTAFF-CGLOWKA under "Redeem Coupon Code or Unique ID" for a 5% discount!
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Glowka] #3982680 01/23/13 03:40 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I prefer free chase public land hunting, but support any form of hunting and I really want to get me a buffalo.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: crankn101] #3982703 01/23/13 03:45 AM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I like both...

They are just different kinds of hunting, no different from boot strapping it in Colorado or Stand Hunting in Texas. All hunting is good, just different...

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Nathan Nelson] #3982768 01/23/13 04:01 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaa break out the pop corn (in the macho man randy savage voice). I am HF for the win but have respect for low fence. Honestly I really believe it boils down to where u hunt and how u hunt. Let's kick the ballistics u can't spot and stalk a lot of south Texas. Hence long senderos!!!! So if your in a blind and hunting over bait aka a deer feeder ur limited to "x" range and "x" field of view. So besides the holier than thou stance of a low fence what's the difference? Oh wait the real debate is not hf vs lf its no man can lay claim to the states deer, C'mon man. U buy land, minerals, water, why do deer get an exemption. Guy acts a fool an steps foot on your land many on here would not hesitate to throw out shoot the sob he's trespassing and cuz castle doctrine he's on my land and the la d owner is in the right etc etc (I adamantly believe in the castle doctrine by the way). But doesn't that seem backwards a deer is now more valuable then a guys life. I'm not saying if a crazy violent potential serial killer is worth a lick but a life is a life better check the good book on that one. HOWEVER is a low fence 180 more impressive then a HF 180 yes I do believe that, but not all HF hunting is a petting zoo!

Go ahead blast me away in the words of Tom petty I won't back down.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3982790 01/23/13 04:06 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
only negative talk i've ever recieved about HF is from people who didn't really know all the much about hunting in texas,period.

There really are two types of HF hunting....Native born and bred stock that is behind a high fence and breeder pen released deer onto a ranch. I am 100% for the former, can't stand the latter.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3982805 01/23/13 04:10 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: jorge
Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaa break out the pop corn (in the macho man randy savage voice). I am HF for the win but have respect for low fence. Honestly I really believe it boils down to where u hunt and how u hunt. Let's kick the ballistics u can't spot and stalk a lot of south Texas. Hence long senderos!!!! So if your in a blind and hunting over bait aka a deer feeder ur limited to "x" range and "x" field of view. So besides the holier than thou stance of a low fence what's the difference? Oh wait the real debate is not hf vs lf its no man can lay claim to the states deer, C'mon man. U buy land, minerals, water, why do deer get an exemption. Guy acts a fool an steps foot on your land many on here would not hesitate to throw out shoot the sob he's trespassing and cuz castle doctrine he's on my land and the la d owner is in the right etc etc (I adamantly believe in the castle doctrine by the way). But doesn't that seem backwards a deer is now more valuable then a guys life. I'm not saying if a crazy violent potential serial killer is worth a lick but a life is a life better check the good book on that one. HOWEVER is a low fence 180 more impressive then a HF 180 yes I do believe that, but not all HF hunting is a petting zoo!

Go ahead blast me away in the words of Tom petty I won't back down.

I agree with you mostly Jorge. But if there isnt a difference in a HF sendero and a low fence sendero why did you spend the money on your fence?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: BOONER] #3982819 01/23/13 04:12 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Cuz of Obama hunters brother! hunting my fence lines and piggy backing off my dime. In a perfect world I'd vote low fence and u can quote me on that! Been havin a few tonight.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3982830 01/23/13 04:16 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I'm agreeing with txtrophy85. BUT I have one question what if you don't have genetics past 150-160 no matter all the h2o and protein u have on the place. Are you opposed to the buy stockers release and get that blood going. Or are you referencing the put and take ops? Like sterilize a whole ranch the set up a breeding program and release yr after yr?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3982838 01/23/13 04:18 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Hey the king ranch will run a HF on there douche bag neighbors!!

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Glowka] #3982892 01/23/13 04:38 AM
8Point Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
What about the Man and his wife that save there whole life to buy 100 or 200 acres and the Rich land owners around them put up high fence on 3 sides of them? I almost hit a big doe this year because she ran back into traffic because she could not jump the high fence. I have nothing against high fence hunters. It is the fence I have a problem with. 2cents

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: 8Point] #3982921 01/23/13 04:47 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
That's a valid point 8Point. What about the guy and his wife who do the same and HF 1000 or 2000 acres? Is there pursuit of the perfect ranch marginalized because they might have gotten a break or two more or have a bigger spread?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3982963 01/23/13 05:05 AM
8Point Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
That's a valid point 8Point. What about the guy and his wife who do the same and HF 1000 or 2000 acres? Is there pursuit of the perfect ranch marginalized because they might have gotten a break or two more or have a bigger spread?
So your say'in the people with more money have the right to make the choice and the less fortunate have to just live with it? So If I have more lucky breaks the other guy I have the right to say build a fence that drop the property value in half that you or whoever spent your lie savings on.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: 8Point] #3983004 01/23/13 05:34 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Well I'm not trying to say the person with the smaller ranch is sol but that's part of being an American. Not everything is going to be fair and equal. Hell I'd love a 10k acre ranch but will I own one in my lifetime, Its highly unlikely, but does that mean that the the neighbor who does shouldn't fence his 10k acres if he so chooses so, no. It's his property. Would it set me back yes but will I go out and get a few stockers and manage like I know how you bet ya.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3983011 01/23/13 05:39 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I'm agreeing with txtrophy85. BUT I have one question what if you don't have genetics past 150-160 no matter all the h2o and protein u have on the place. Are you opposed to the buy stockers release and get that blood going. Or are you referencing the put and take ops? Like sterilize a whole ranch the set up a breeding program and release yr after yr?

if you want to bring in genetics thats fine. I'm bringing in some bred does in Feb. To our personal place. I personally hate to see a place get totally whiped out and then restocked 100% from pen raised deer, but if a person wants to do that, they can.

I'm referring to put and take operations or places that have pens on their places, kick the deer out at 3 years old just to get shot that same season.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3983012 01/23/13 05:39 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Well I'm not trying to say the person with the smaller ranch is sol but that's part of being an American. Not everything is going to be fair and equal. Hell I'd love a 10k acre ranch but will I own one in my lifetime, Its highly unlikely, but does that mean that the the neighbor who does shouldn't fence his 10k acres if he so chooses so, no. It's his property. Would it set me back yes but will I go out and get a few stockers and manage like I know how you bet ya.

I see you have not learned your lesson yet rofl

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3983018 01/23/13 05:41 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

if you want to bring in genetics thats fine. I'm bringing in some bred does in Feb. To our personal place. I personally hate to see a place get totally whiped out and then restocked 100% from pen raised deer, but if a person wants to do that, they can.

I'm referring to put and take operations or places that have pens on their places, kick the deer out at 3 years old just to get shot that same season.

IMO, the places like that are what gives the other HF places a bad rap and provides the ammunition that the anti's will use in these arguments.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983030 01/23/13 05:50 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: txshntr

IMO, the places like that are what gives the other HF places a bad rap and provides the ammunition that the anti's will use in these arguments.

the put and take place?

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3983034 01/23/13 05:55 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: txshntr

the put and take place?

Yes, the put and take places. Not only the ones that kick the deer out to be shot the same season, but also the ones that kick the deer out at 3.5 and create a herd of all bucks ranging from 3.5-8.5 but few to no does in the "open" range.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983042 01/23/13 05:59 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
i agree 100%. Same goes for "exotic ranches" that go to the auction, buy sheep and kick them out only to get shot a week later.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txtrophy85] #3983044 01/23/13 06:01 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
See sig line................... Deer season isnt even over yet and we are allready pulling this chit out, lets atleast wait till axismaster is out of bandcamp and lil chit is up so we can have some real fun with them two in here. HF operations are here to stay 5 acres or 50K acres if its your land do what you want. Im not scared to admit I hunt 99% HF and have hunted places as small as 100 acres, but with a bow they still ahve to get into 30-40 yards so its not a big deal to me fri either. Like Jorge said am I more impressed with a 170 LF than a 170 HF yes but its not nearly as common and I hunt for the enjoyment of it all so the size of the fence wont change my mind.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: BBD84] #3983046 01/23/13 06:04 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: BBD84
See sig line................... Deer season isnt even over yet and we are allready pulling this chit out, lets atleast wait till axismaster is out of bandcamp and lil chit is up so we can have some real fun with them two in here. HF operations are here to stay 5 acres or 50K acres if its your land do what you want. Im not scared to admit I hunt 99% HF and have hunted places as small as 100 acres, but with a bow they still ahve to get into 30-40 yards so its not a big deal to me fri either. Like Jorge said am I more impressed with a 170 LF than a 170 HF yes but its not nearly as common and I hunt for the enjoyment of it all so the size of the fence wont change my mind.

I wouldn't mind arguing with you and jorge again...since I kicked the snot out of you the last time banana

But I will need to edit my last post and TT85 has to edit his so I can change sides grin

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983047 01/23/13 06:07 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
LOL, how did I know this was coming soon. Good times here at THF for sure.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: BBD84] #3983056 01/23/13 06:13 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I'm not for put & take or outside genetics being introduced inside a fence....just going to throw that out there...

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: txshntr] #3983059 01/23/13 06:17 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Haha there's my Thf buds bbd84 and txhntr. I knew y'all would be posting on this. Like I said each land owner has the right to do whatever he so chooses but let him bear the consequences of his actions. Honestly, a mismanaged HF ranch is a disaster believe me I have one in the Family that is a barren picturesque of south tx ranch land. And my thing is not LF vs HF it's the holier than thou attitude of lots of LF guys. And I firmly believe that we aren't supposed to have equal size ranches and adhere to one set of ranch management rules this isn't cuba! Hey my grandpa never had much to his name but he was damn proud of it and never once complained about the neighbor being 10x bigger. He was thankful for god gave him. I know the ranches that get fenced in ain't always the fairest shake but there is ways to make whats yours enjoyable and be proud of. If ppl stopped thinking bigger deer meant what they do ppl would gripe less about bigger ranches fencing.

Re: The LF vs. HF Talk [Re: Mike Honcho] #3983061 01/23/13 06:19 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Where's lil chit? We need his expert commentary lol. If you read this lil chit it's always all in fun! Have a good day at school tomorrow.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide