Forums46
Topics539,161
Posts9,746,220
Members87,143
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Slow Drifter] #3926067 01/07/13 07:46 PM
T
TxTechsan Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I'm with CoachW and will do it even one better. If you have rights to hunt still right now the season is not over and the extended season is for youth too, and they can shoot any legal deer including bucks. I have 2 boys and can round up a few more for a weekend "guest" trip and we could fill your freezer and many more.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3926151 01/07/13 08:10 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: CinchMan
Yup looks like unfortunately we'll have to go down the road. It sucks cause I've been practically raised out there. This is guy is just trying to take us for all we're worth. I'm sure he'll raise the price as soon as the deer management starts paying off. The hog rule is absolutely nuts. And then he says no coyotes period but he can come back around and shoot them out of my stand that I worked hard to put up and keep maintained. When I said something about me paying for all the feed, doing all the work etc and then their sons coming around and shooting a trophy buck out from underneath me he got insulted and indignant and said do you really think we'd do that? And I said well if you won't then take it out of the contract. He got even more mad and said well if there is a certain buck that the boys know are coming to your stand (because I have to turn in my daily log and game cam pictures) then they can and do have the right to go hunt your stand and try and take that buck. So he's contradicting himself.....this guy is a Yankee jackass who only got what he has because he hooked up with our landowners daughter. Our original LO worked his life away for cattle and all his land and this guy acts like he did something special to deserve what he has, sad situation and good people like my grandfather and his buddies ultimately get treated like crap.

Now that the worms are out of the can, I'd tell him just exactly where he can put that silver spoon he got when he married the LO's daughter. Then show him a bit of "redneck" indignation and give him an earfull of what a southern insult really is!

I'd have no problem paying more for a good lease, but I would want some control over just who is allowed to hunt. You guys were already on your way out. 2cents

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Hunt n Fish] #3926313 01/07/13 08:50 PM
oldoak2000 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
. . . and post the GPS coordinates to the 'cabin' on the forum here . . . wink

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: oldoak2000] #3926419 01/07/13 09:18 PM
G
Gunslinger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Damn, this post has really pi$$ed me off! I don't even know the land owner - but I feel like I'd punch him in the mouth if I ever got to meet him. There's just so many things wrong with this. What a sorry SOB. Wow...Just WOW!!!

Gunslinger

"Since hunting is a sport, I guess that makes us athletes"

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Sneaky] #3926459 01/07/13 09:25 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
I might leave if I were you

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: txtrophy85] #3926508 01/07/13 09:37 PM
T
Timmy W. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Time to pack it up and move on.

I would Mark out the parts of the contract listed above(call it a counter offer) and turn that in. Tell them that what was written there was unacceptable and your not going to pay money to be a scout for the landowner and their family.

dosen't look good. things happen, time to move on if they won't come to a reasonable agreement

I agree. Mark out his ridiculous, self-serving conditions and make a counter offer. It will most likely be rejected, but at least you tried. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: TxTechsan] #3926533 01/07/13 09:44 PM
C
Coach W Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: TxTechsan
I'm with CoachW and will do it even one better. If you have rights to hunt still right now the season is not over and the extended season is for youth too, and they can shoot any legal deer including bucks. I have 2 boys and can round up a few more for a weekend "guest" trip and we could fill your freezer and many more.

Sweet! The more the merrier!

ROAD TRIP!!!!

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Coach W] #3927002 01/07/13 11:38 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
My grandfather and his buddy are going to make a trip out there to tell him we decline his offer because we don't feel we can comply with his contract. And that they want to leave on good terms with him. These guys are too nice for their own good....they should insulted. But they want to take the high road so it's their call. I'll still voice my displeasure with him and his ridiculous, unreasonable contract that only benefits him. Apparently after we were done hunting Saturday night he asked my grandfather to stop by and talk to him, apparently the LO was very concerned that I was upset with him. Can't believe he's surprised somebody would be upset by those terms on a contract!

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3927801 01/08/13 02:37 AM
My stand is pink camo Offline
Kickingbird
Kickingbird
I understand your agony in this situation. Leaving a hunting property that is so dear to you and your Grandfather! Plus all the wonderful memories y'all have made there! That is priceless! I can't imagine your pain right now. I would hate to be in your shoes! Unfortunately new land owners have different opinions and want to change things up. We are going through similar growing pains on our land. I don't have an answer for you but I can say that you need to consider if you are willing to give a little and allow the new land owners the right to fulfill their own wishes, weather those are right or wrong, they are intented to give his family and friends first choice. I don't think his intent is to harm you or make you upset. He is giving you options, they may not be reasonable options but at least he is giving you a chance to hunt the land you love. I am sorry you are in this situation! It stinks! I hope you can make the best of it and when you are out there hunting you can enjoy every minute of it!
Best of luck to you for a happy solution to it all!

I will take a good rain or a new calf whenever I can get it -Jack Ratjen
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: My stand is pink camo] #3928288 01/08/13 04:20 AM
M
maximum Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
be a better man than that jackwad is.
let paw-paw go talk to him then get your stuff
and go and leave everything as pristine as possible.
there's no way i'd let a jerk like that
get any satisfaction from calling the
law on me for vandalism. take plenty of
pictures of everything you take and
whatever gets left, cuz j.w. sounds like
the kind of backbiting little snit
that would call the law and boo-hoo that
big bad so-and-so tore up my whatever.
and everyone needs to go at one time
to pick up gear. you'll most likely
have a cut lock when you get there.
you may want to tell the law ahead
of time before you go and pick up
your gear so they won't get j.w.'s
side first and think yall are a bunch
of disgruntled vandals.(he will call
them when he see yall are moving stuff)

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: maximum] #3928635 01/08/13 09:24 AM
coreybasshunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I feel your pain cinchman !! I once had some property that I used to hunt that was a friend of my grandfathers. I pretty much had rule of the whole place. The lo passed away and the family had to sell it . The man that bought it told me that I was no longer able to hunt the land I didn't even have the chance to lease it. He said that he bought it for an investment and wasn't going to let anybody hunt it. I pass by the place all of the time and it is just all grown up it upsets me. The worst part is all of this happened just as my boys are getting into hunting. I am now looking for a lease but it has been a tough go.

Keep em huntin and they wont have time to get in trouble!! And remember RESPECT goes a long way!!
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Timmy W.] #3928676 01/08/13 11:14 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Timmy W.
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Time to pack it up and move on.

I would Mark out the parts of the contract listed above(call it a counter offer) and turn that in. Tell them that what was written there was unacceptable and your not going to pay money to be a scout for the landowner and their family.

dosen't look good. things happen, time to move on if they won't come to a reasonable agreement

I agree. Mark out his ridiculous, self-serving conditions and make a counter offer. It will most likely be rejected, but at least you tried. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Even if the relatives couldn't hunt, you already have too many guns on the property.....60 acres per hunter sounds like an ETex lease. In my opinion, 493 acres in the Big Country might work for maybe 2 guns max, but never 8.

Time to hammer out the sale of the cabin and move along.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: dawaba] #3928686 01/08/13 11:33 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Time to go.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: scalebuster] #3929163 01/08/13 03:09 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Thanks for all the advice. I'll keep you guys updated on how it all ends. It's been a blast hunting with my grandfather an these older guys and learning not just about hunting from them, but life in general. All my childhood memories are there, caught my first fish with my dad, shot my first buck in the stand with my grandfather, my dad recently got into hunting and took a nice 8pt buck this year for his first deer. But, it'd be nice to get on a lease with buddies of my own and my new memories. I'm 24 and a newlywed and I'm sure I'll be taking a kid of my own in about 10 years.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3929590 01/08/13 04:47 PM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Good luck to you!!!

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Seadog] #3930130 01/08/13 07:00 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Seadog
Good luck to you!!!

Thank you sir.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: DSP56] #3932678 01/09/13 11:48 AM
N
nice shot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: DSP56
He's trying to run y'all off. If it was me, I would pack my crap up this weekend.

This times two.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: TxTechsan] #3957786 01/16/13 03:02 AM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Quick question: Do they have the right to tell me I'm not allowed back on their property an that the other lease members have to get it for me? And do they also have the right to tell us that our feeder pens (not feeders) are now property of their ranch? Feeder pens that we put up and paid for. T-posts, barbed wire etc.

My grandfather called the LO and told him we respectfully decline their contract and that it would be better for us to move on so we could all continue to have a good relationship (I would have NO relationship but to each his own) and they could do what they thought was best for their property. Then last Saturday night he received a nasty email from the LO's wife, who's the D of the original LO. I haven't got to read it yet so I don't know it's full contents but I do know this: they said I was no longer allowed on their property because they didn't like my attitude. Over the course of the past year our relationship has gone south but I've never said anything rude towards them or their sons. I simply avoid them as much as possible. So now I'm not allowed to go back and get my stuff, my other lease members have to do it all for me. And in that email it said that our feeder pens were now property of the ranch. Pissed is an understatement to describe how I feel right now.

Last edited by jeh7mmmag; 01/16/13 03:27 AM.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: CinchMan] #3958396 01/16/13 07:37 AM
C
cabrego Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Wow what a sad story, what is wrong with these people? Should have packed up when they didnt see it coming. They make no sense that really sucks.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: cabrego] #3958905 01/16/13 02:55 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
You may need to come up with some receipts. These things are not property of the ranch. When the LO of the property we hunted died one of our guys was not allowed back on it because of some issue. When we went to get his stuff the LO's kids said "possession was 9/10ths of the law". Luckily he had got the receipts from the lumber yard and was able to have the Sheriff allow us to get his things for him. T-posts, boxblind, feeder, barbed wire, cattle panels and hog traps. I also had a hard time getting a large protein feeder back but when the smoke cleared we were able to get our stuff back.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: hook_n_line] #3958953 01/16/13 03:08 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
The barbed wire and t-posts we've had at my grandfathers barn forever. No receipt there. And my stand was given to me by a friend who's a cop in Sachse who no longer hunted. Do I have legal rights to go get MY possessions? My bed, blankets etc in the cabin and my stand feeder etc.? And why is it that they can just automatically assume possession of all our feeder pens when WE paid for them and set them up?

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: CinchMan] #3959020 01/16/13 03:22 PM
D
DiverTexas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
The feed pens may be considered improvements to the property and become theirs.
I'm not an attorney, but that may be the case.
Sounds like a bad deal all the way around.
Good luck getting your stuff.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: CinchMan] #3959025 01/16/13 03:23 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
We went to our Sheriff and had him talk to the people on our behalf. If its on the property they have rights to it unless you can prove it is yours. We were lucky to geet our stuff back because we had no formal contract. My buddy has a contract that says they have the right to take what they have brought in. I don't understand what makes some people the way they are but there are some scummy people out there.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: hook_n_line] #4024612 02/05/13 05:16 AM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
To put an ending on this, all the lease members went down there and got the stands, feeders, my feeder pen, and the valuable things inside the cabin and left. Game over. I haven't seen or spoken to the LOs at all. The email they sent my grandfather they were very indignant that we were leaving and had turned down their lease agreement. She said everything we were helping them do benefitted US and she couldnt believe we were treating them like this after all the money they saved us. Then she added up who shot what this year and compared it to the prices at the Rhodes Ranch in Palo Pinto that does guided hunts. Ex: Tommy shot a buck, a hog, and a doe. A buck is $3250, a hog is $500, and a doe is $1200, look how much money they saved by hunting here. The whole thing was comical. These people are delusional as to what a DEER LEASE is and not a guided outfitter. She acted like nobody in their right mind would turn down their lease agreement. I've got half a mind to send her the link to this thread so she knows we aren't the only ones and just how ridiculous everybody thinks it is. Oh well, they can have it. I'm working on getting on a buddy's lease in Coleman. Nice deer, hogs, coyotes, bobcats, lots of ducks, and even quail for my bird dogs. And I can take guests and enjoy it without a db landowner micromanaging everything.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) INFO ADDED [Re: CinchMan] #4024855 02/05/13 12:44 PM
D
DiverTexas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Sounds like it ended for the best.
Move on and don't look back.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide