Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: AR's [Re: Texas Heat] #3914777 01/04/13 04:19 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I see that some of you get what I'm trying to say. The rest if you just like to run your mouths. That's fine and dandy to me. I posted what thoughts I had and some must take it personally. I just see a holy'r than thou attitude by some that have a pos AR for sale. Nothing different that would justify a $2000 AR 'Sport'. The attitude of "because I can" should go unsaid. Have some class. No reason to be rude is all I'm trying to say because when all this Obama(self censored) is over with, we're all still here trading with the same people we were before. Just sayin.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: AR's [Re: Bullfrog] #3914807 01/04/13 04:25 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
And let me say this twice, this is not everyone. Just a select few that have a punk attitude about what they have. This alone keeps me from doing any sort of business with them. This is the same as any company that y'all don't like, due to their poor customer service tactics. I personally owe nobody any of my business. Give me that attitude and keep what you have for sale. You ain't the only one in town.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: Bullfrog] #3914808 01/04/13 04:25 AM
J
jeff1383 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: fatpratt96
I see that some of you get what I'm trying to say. The rest if you just like to run your mouths. That's fine and dandy to me. I posted what thoughts I had and some must take it personally. I just see a holy'r than thou attitude by some that have a pos AR for sale. Nothing different that would justify a $2000 AR 'Sport'. The attitude of "because I can" should go unsaid. Have some class. No reason to be rude is all I'm trying to say because when all this Obama(self censored) is over with, we're all still here trading with the same people we were before. Just sayin.

I feel your pain...this is how I look at it..the people who paid $2500.00 for a $800.00 AR15 with their credit card still have a $800.00 AR in my eyes. Its sad to see Texans try to rip off other Texans in the wake of a tradegy. Just let it be what it is and let the dipsh$ts pay intrest on their pmags and overpriced AR15s.

Re: AR's [Re: jeff1383] #3914852 01/04/13 04:33 AM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Im so confused. Are we mad at the people trying to make a quick buck? Or are we mad at AR owners because they act tough? Or are we mad at gold buyers? What the hell is going on? confused2

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: AR's [Re: ishootspoonies] #3914871 01/04/13 04:37 AM
J
jeff1383 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies
Im so confused. Are we mad at the people trying to make a quick buck? Or are we mad at AR owners because they act tough? Or are we mad at gold buyers? What the hell is going on? confused2

Not sure about the OP but I get on here daily to browse the for sale section to get some good laughs in.

Re: AR's [Re: jeff1383] #3914919 01/04/13 04:49 AM
R
r_u_sharp_2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Me.. Quick buck. But i am just trying to find that dang bcg for less than 200, and I think i am not going to find it.

And i am a little feed up for the most part with low end stuff going for high dollars. I want to see a larue obr posted. It would have to go for 4k. I mean if the 1k colt is going for 2k and people are jumping on them.. A larue has to be good for 4k.

Last edited by r_u_sharp_2; 01/04/13 04:50 AM.
Re: AR's [Re: r_u_sharp_2] #3915000 01/04/13 05:08 AM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I think it's crazy that people would pay so much for a gun with less value. I refuse to buy one here due to I can buy one and have it transfered from another state for half the price they normally sell here. Once the scare is over and they are all back on the shelf people are going to be kicking them self in the rear while still making credit card payments. My buddy just built one for under $600 that is amazing. He sat on an upper he scored for a great price and waitted till he found a lower for a good price. I am sticking with shotguns and rifles till this blows over. Don't get me wrong here, I love AR's but am not going to pay more than they are ever going to be worth and don't think others should either. Think of the collection you could have bought instead for the price of one today. One thing I am happy to see with most of the people on this board is that they are honest people and also do bulk buying to help each other out with the cost for uppers and lowers. If anybody ever wants to get an AR for a good price then check out the shops in VA and have them ship it down here (once the scare is over). There are some great deals on this site and the majority of AR owners I have seen here have asked for trades or are asking for a reasonable price compared to what they have paid for it in the first place. There are some out there that are ridiculously over priced too. I have found that in everything these days now that I come to think of it. I guess it also has to do with people hurting for money these days too. But that is no reason for the shops and shows to start gouging their customers. They forget that people remember and will just do their business elsewhere next time.

Re: AR's [Re: bowbuilder1971] #3915026 01/04/13 05:15 AM
C
captcrunch227 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Is the OP any better? Doesn't it take an arrogant person to step out into a public forum and call everyone who owns a certain type of gun an arrogant, money hungry, jack@$$? What type of arrogance does it take to say something like that and how I guess you're better than us because you dont own one apparently? Maybe you shouldn't get one after all because if we are the arrogant ones I'd hate to see what you'd turn into after you get one.

"The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down."

Clint Smith
Re: AR's [Re: captcrunch227] #3915046 01/04/13 05:20 AM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: captcrunch227
Is the OP any better? Doesn't it take an arrogant person to step out into a public forum and call everyone who owns a certain type of gun an arrogant, money hungry, jack@$$? What type of arrogance does it take to say something like that and how I guess you're better than us because you dont own one apparently? Maybe you shouldn't get one after all because if we are the arrogant ones I'd hate to see what you'd turn into after you get one.

popcorn

Re: AR's [Re: r_u_sharp_2] #3915596 01/04/13 02:08 PM
S
splash556 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: r_u_sharp_2
Me.. Quick buck. But i am just trying to find that dang bcg for less than 200, and I think i am not going to find it.

And i am a little feed up for the most part with low end stuff going for high dollars. I want to see a larue obr posted. It would have to go for 4k. I mean if the 1k colt is going for 2k and people are jumping on them.. A larue has to be good for 4k.

I'd prolly take $4,000 for my obr. Be hard not to. 'Course you'd have to buy all the .223/5.56 I have because I wouldn't need it anymore. But I'm not going out of my way to sell it. Can't be bothered.

But yea, I'm a capitalist.

Last edited by splash556; 01/04/13 02:11 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: r_u_sharp_2] #3915625 01/04/13 02:19 PM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

I found BCG's in stock for $119 online last night and Lower Parts Kits for $75 online.

The parts are out there people, at a fair price. You just have to make an effort to find them!

Re: AR's [Re: Core-Lokt] #3915686 01/04/13 02:32 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Core-Lokt
No. Demand dictates the price. The amount extant is irrelevant. If nobody desired gold nor had a use for it, it would have little to no value.

He said "the amount of gold available for purchase at a given time in a given market", which is 100% correct. Saying "the amount is irrelevant" kind of eliminates half of the whole "supply-demand" relationship--of course the supply matters.

I fixed your statement for you so you could put it in terms of this thread....

Originally Posted By: Core-Lokt
Demand dictates the price. The amount extant is relevant. If nobody desired AR-15's nor had a use for AR-15's, they would have little to no value.

Re: AR's [Re: captcrunch227] #3915691 01/04/13 02:34 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: captcrunch227

Let me say this, once again, this is NOT aimed at everyone. This, being the third time I've said that, is aimed at the guy with the I'm better than you attitude who's selling AR's right now in this time of uproar. If someone wants to sell a gun for way more than its worth, providing someone is buying it, more power to him/her. But do it without being a jerk off. If y'all really don't see what I'm getting at, my apologies for not being completely clear on my point and have a great day.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: Bullfrog] #3915715 01/04/13 02:39 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
And Captcrucnch227, you're just stirring this pot anyway. How am I arrogant by pointing out someone else's arrogance? Whatever. I'm trying to delete the arrogence from the gun buying process. But once again, my bad for not being more clear on this subject. I just need to find me some gold I guess and shut my snotty little trap. Forgive me for wasting YOUR time.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: Texas Heat] #3915720 01/04/13 02:41 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat
Originally Posted By: TexFlip
I hate when people sell gold for this week's price instead of 2010 prices. They are greedy blood suckers.

Difference being gold actually cost more now than it did in 2010.

AR's have NOT increased in price anywhere but on the private market. We are still ordering AR's at the SAME price we were ordering them 6 months ago.

Now I dont care, because I already have my AR/ammo/etc AND I am an American so I have no problem with capitalism. But at the shop I work at we are not increasing prices a penny, and when we get AR's in we sell them at the same price we did before all this stupidity.

Just because your shop owner is not paying his distributor more than he did 6 months ago, doesn't mean the MARKET has not increased. Your shop owner is not a very shrewd businessman. He should quit selling himself and his family short and raise his prices to match the market pricing.

It's like anything else....gas, gold, tomatoes, rice, etc...anything. The cost to PRODUCE those things does not go up or down on a weekly basis, but you better believe if the demand goes up or the available supply goes down, then prices will go up.

Re: AR's [Re: DocHorton] #3915761 01/04/13 02:50 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
You mad bro?

Re: AR's [Re: ishootspoonies] #3915782 01/04/13 02:55 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Lol. Grrrrrrrr. Just the farthest thing from arrogant that could ever be

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: ishootspoonies] #3915797 01/04/13 02:59 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
No, bro. I just think it is stupid to portray people who are making extra money in this market as greedy. If you're a communist or democrat then I can understand being mad about it. But if you're not then you should understand that's the way capitalism works. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy any of this stuff. Don't hate the player, hate the game (if you're a communist or democrat).

Re: AR's [Re: DocHorton] #3915863 01/04/13 03:16 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
No, bro. I just think it is stupid to portray people who are making extra money in this market as greedy. If you're a communist or democrat then I can understand being mad about it. But if you're not then you should understand that's the way capitalism works. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy any of this stuff. Don't hate the player, hate the game (if you're a communist or democrat).

I was actually talking to the OP. I don't see a problem with throwing a $2000 price tag on an $800 AR and throwing it up for sale. If someone wants to buy it, that's their decision.

Re: AR's [Re: DocHorton] #3915864 01/04/13 03:16 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
No I never said they were greedy. I get that people want to make money! I just think that some people have become jerks about it. I ain't a Democrat. A hard working Republican who believes in being frigging nice to strangers. If that warrants the comparisons, so be it. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet, until you get snippy. Then we ain't doing business. Pure and simple.

[Linked Image]
Re: AR's [Re: Bullfrog] #3915888 01/04/13 03:22 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
No I never said they were greedy. I get that people want to make money! I just think that some people have become jerks about it. I ain't a Democrat. A hard working Republican who believes in being frigging nice to strangers. If that warrants the comparisons, so be it. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet, until you get snippy. Then we ain't doing business. Pure and simple.

So what's the story? Who got arrogant when you tried to buy an AR off them?

Re: AR's [Re: DocHorton] #3915892 01/04/13 03:24 PM
M
Monkee Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Can't we all get along?

Re: AR's [Re: ishootspoonies] #3916276 01/04/13 05:17 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Sorry guys, I wasn't addressing any of my posts to y'all. I understand what y'all are saying and I was mostly just ranting about other posts I have seen. cheers Happy Friday!

Originally Posted By: ishootspoonies
Originally Posted By: DocHorton

I was actually talking to the OP. I don't see a problem with throwing a $2000 price tag on an $800 AR and throwing it up for sale. If someone wants to buy it, that's their decision.

Re: AR's [Re: Monkee] #3916277 01/04/13 05:18 PM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
NO!!!!

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: AR's [Re: target1911] #3916452 01/04/13 06:19 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Life's full of aholes. Pretty sure we can all name at least a couple within our own family. As many people as are on the THF there's bound to be a few that float to the top once in a while.

I have dealt directly with a number of people on here, some of it EBR related, never had a problem with anybody.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide