Forums46
Topics538,798
Posts9,741,437
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: TexasThorp] #3691629 10/25/12 06:33 PM
J
jpfrog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I never thought about any of this before, but thanks to all of the posts, every noise I hear on the way out now will be a mountain lion behind me or a blood-crazed boar in front of me...thanks a lot everyone. wink

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: hoof n wings] #3691964 10/25/12 08:18 PM
S
s8nEXlilhlpr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
oh man this makes me feel better. I was planning on just using the atv real early to get to the stand so I didn't have to hike so far in the dark and risk getting lost.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: lubbockdave] #3698060 10/28/12 02:11 AM
T
Topshot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: lubbockdave
I use to get a little freaked out walking to/from the stand in the dark, but then I turned 12 yrs old and ever since then nothing...
Rofl nice

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Topshot] #3698233 10/28/12 03:24 AM
T
TXHogger Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
no hibbie jibbie here but this happened today. i was checking the last of 4 game cameras so i had let my guard down for being eaten by Big foot. it was late in the day and i was putting the SD card back in the camera when i heard something make a loud "spit" noise. hair stood up on my neck as expected. i stood up to see the [censored] end of a doe 25 yds away hauling [censored] and another looking at me like wtf!? she turned and followed the other one off. i was shocked they got that close to me before sensing danger.
i almost peed my pants when it happened.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: TXHogger] #3698282 10/28/12 04:00 AM
B
basshunter49 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
my scare was not going to the hunting blind. BUT WHILE BEING A LOWELY P.F.C. IN THE U.S.M.C. IWAS WALKING POINT ON A PATROL ON THE WEST SIDE OF QUANG TRE. WHEN I CAME UNPON A SMALL STREAM WITH HUGE TIGER TRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREAM WITH OUT WATER IN THEM YET. A M-16 IS NO MATCH FOR TIGER THIS JARHEAD WENT AND GOT THE M-60 GUY AND MADE HIM STAY WITH ME. THE TIGER WAS KILLE 2 DAYS LATER AND WAS 13 FEET LONG

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: basshunter49] #3698291 10/28/12 04:03 AM
C
Cannon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: basshunter49
my scare was not going to the hunting blind. BUT WHILE BEING A LOWELY P.F.C. IN THE U.S.M.C. IWAS WALKING POINT ON A PATROL ON THE WEST SIDE OF QUANG TRE. WHEN I CAME UNPON A SMALL STREAM WITH HUGE TIGER TRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE STREAM WITH OUT WATER IN THEM YET. A M-16 IS NO MATCH FOR TIGER THIS JARHEAD WENT AND GOT THE M-60 GUY AND MADE HIM STAY WITH ME. THE TIGER WAS KILLE 2 DAYS LATER AND WAS 13 FEET LONG

Thread over- you win

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Cannon] #3698308 10/28/12 04:09 AM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
^^^^^^maybe you were not going to the blind but you were still hunting. Hats off to you sir and thank you

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Cannon] #3698309 10/28/12 04:10 AM
T
TXHogger Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Cannon

Thread over- you win

i might have to second that.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: target1911] #3698314 10/28/12 04:11 AM
T
TXHogger Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: target1911
^^^^^^maybe you were not going to the blind but you were still hunting. Hats off to you sir and thank you

oh and yes, definitely thank you for what you did!

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: TXHogger] #3701454 10/29/12 08:38 AM
K
krazy kris Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Last year was my first year to deer hunt.I always am on edge walking to the stand/blind. I have a bum leg so whatever is out there I will have no chance at out running. I had made it to my ground blind at the bottom of a cedar tree. After about 30 minutes I hear some heavy foot steps. Then I hear a snort and I'm thinking okay this is a deer cool. Not 5 minutes later I hear a crash and my (censored) blind gets knocked over. I get up and look and it was a a bull and it had rammed the tree.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: basshunter49] #3706142 10/30/12 04:11 PM
J
jpfrog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J

Umm...this one can't be beat. flag

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: jpfrog] #3708258 10/31/12 02:10 AM
T
Themadhunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
BIGFOOT skeers the chit out of me laugh

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Circleb41] #3710893 10/31/12 08:40 PM
S
stick'um Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
These stories have made me laugh so hard! I tell ya, totin a back pack that grabs a limb and slaps your leg in the dark, will surely make the old heart skip a few steps.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Circleb41] #3716273 11/02/12 01:54 PM
T
TexasBassBuster Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I have always hunted with my dad. I always have him drop me off at the stand and then he goes to his. The fear does not kick in until I am sitting in the stand and I start thinking about Paranormal Activity, Jeepers Creepers and other things.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Layemdown1983] #3716359 11/02/12 02:29 PM
T
TexasBassBuster Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted By: Layemdown1983
I usually just try and make it to my stand as quickly as I can using the moonlight and the outline of the trees as my guide. One morning a couple of seasons ago I had just got dropped off and started my usual routine of walking to my stand, it is about 1/4 of a mile from the drop off point to my bow stand. This morning was different to say the least. I got within about 300 yards of my blind when I heard what sounded like a group of people were talking near my stand! This sounded like people Men/Women voices were sitting around a camp fire out in the middle of the woods. We hunt on about 700 acres and there are NO other hunters within a few miles radius. As I got closer I heard brush popping and it the voices stopped. I made it to my stand and checked the area all around my stand for human activity, Nothing. After the sun came up and I was done with the hunt I walked the perimiter of my stand checking for any other signs, nothing. This was by far the creepiest encounter I had ever had walking to my stand. I asked the land owner if any other hunters were near us, he said we are the only hunters within miles of his place. Pretty creepy!

wow. This is by far the scariest!

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: TexasBassBuster] #3716805 11/02/12 05:08 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Back in the 80s when I was a kid (12) I was in a tree early one morning. I usually got the jeebs walking in but was okay in a blind or off the ground. Well, its good and dark and all of a sudden something starts yowling/screaming/shrieking at me. I can't see anything but I can tell whatever it is is circling my tree as the sound keeps coming from different directions. I'm not in a blind, I'm about 12 feet up sitting on a board nailed to a limb. This goes on for about 15-20 minutes-I was effin petrified. Don't know if it was a lion or just a bobcat but he was sure pissed off that I was around.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: TexasBassBuster] #3716821 11/02/12 05:16 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: TexasBassBuster
Originally Posted By: Layemdown1983
I usually just try and make it to my stand as quickly as I can using the moonlight and the outline of the trees as my guide. One morning a couple of seasons ago I had just got dropped off and started my usual routine of walking to my stand, it is about 1/4 of a mile from the drop off point to my bow stand. This morning was different to say the least. I got within about 300 yards of my blind when I heard what sounded like a group of people were talking near my stand! This sounded like people Men/Women voices were sitting around a camp fire out in the middle of the woods. We hunt on about 700 acres and there are NO other hunters within a few miles radius. As I got closer I heard brush popping and it the voices stopped. I made it to my stand and checked the area all around my stand for human activity, Nothing. After the sun came up and I was done with the hunt I walked the perimiter of my stand checking for any other signs, nothing. This was by far the creepiest encounter I had ever had walking to my stand. I asked the land owner if any other hunters were near us, he said we are the only hunters within miles of his place. Pretty creepy!

wow. This is by far the scariest!

Once I was in a ground blind and I see a flashlight come bobbing towards me. Thankfully it was my uncle who was VERY lost (1/2 mile from his blind).

However, another time I was walking to my stand and I look up from about 400 yards away, and clear as day there is a guy standing in the brush on the trail about 100 yards from the stand. I went through some brush that obstructed my view and when I came out he was gone. Never knew if he was a poacher or just a neighbor who was wondering what was on the other side of a large wall of brush but it made me feel pretty creeped out. I want to believe it was a neighbor as the stand is not far from their fence, but nobody lived on that place and I never heard a vehicle drive off.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #3716857 11/02/12 05:32 PM
B
boliverpete Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
The first time I went to Davy Crockett with some guys from work I didn't think I'd ever go back. I was trying to sleep in my tent that first night before opening day the next morning. Unfortunately I watched Blair Witch Project a couple of weeks before. So I'm already wired lying there in the dark when I start hearing what sounds like a woman screaming. Freaked me the heck out!! Over and over again I hear it and it's moving around the forest. If anything had touched that tent, I would have torn a hole in the opposite side trying to get out. Still have no idea what it was and everybody else was asleep so no one heard it but me.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: lubbockdave] #3716986 11/02/12 06:32 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Tie a couple of rags soaked in kerosene around your ankles.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: GUTIT] #3717156 11/02/12 07:45 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Garlic cloves hung on your tent pole will also help

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: boliverpete] #3717227 11/02/12 08:21 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: boliverpete
the only other time I got really scared was when I went to Davy Crockett by myself during bow season. I don't normally go by myself because if something happens, no one would ever find me. But this time I did. I gave my wife a map of the forest and told her if I wasn't back in time for church sunday morning, here is where the truck will be parked and my body will be somewhere in this area. I hunted in that tree from sun up to sun down. After I climbed down I had this bright idea to take a short cut back to the truck. I was worn out and the trail I walk in on is an winding 20-25 minute walk. I know it's possible to walk in a straight line thru the brush straight back to my truck because at times I can catch a glimpse of my truck when I'm up in my tree.
So off I go on a straight line to my truck. After about walking for what seemed like half an hour, I realize one of my legs must be shorter than the other because I can't seem to walk a straight line in the dark. I have no idea where I'm at. I left my compass at home, get no cell phone reception, there's no moon, no stars, no wind nothing. Now I'm getting nervous. Hadn't seen a deer all day and all i see in front of me are at least six pairs of green eyes staring at me. The more I walk the eyes stay right in front of me, I turn around trying to figure out where I'm at that's when I see four pairs of orange eyes behind me. Now I'm getting spooked, I'm lost in the woods and have all kinds of creatures following me waiting for me to die. Now I'm thinking about climbing up a tree and spending the night in my tree stand until morning except I told my wife if I'm not back by morning, it means I'm dead and call the sheriff. And my body wont be where I showed her. CRAP!!! So I just keep walking with 30-35 lbs of gear on my back praying to God to help me find my way out of there. Finally I see headlights which means a ROAD!!! Got back to the truck and vowed never to take a short cut thru the woods at night again.

so much doom anbd gloom...made me laugh

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: lubbockdave] #3717289 11/02/12 08:47 PM
D
dkite Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: lubbockdave
I use to get a little freaked out walking to/from the stand in the dark, but then I turned 12 yrs old and ever since then nothing...

Too Funny!!! I actually laughed!

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: dkite] #3741731 11/10/12 02:23 AM
T
target1911 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Any new stories to add?

"A good life is never too short"
My Dad
Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: target1911] #3741956 11/10/12 03:46 AM
R
RedHoss Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Never had a problem in the dark going to or coming from the stand. I always figured with the weapons I am carring, I was the most dangerous thing in the woods so the boogers had better watch out. I enjoyed these stories though. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Who gets the hibbie jibbies walking to the stand? [Re: Circleb41] #3742220 11/10/12 06:06 AM
P
pittfallin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I was sitting in my stand this a.m and a squirrel kept trying to get on me....freaked me out big time... Right at sunrise im swinging at a squirrel with my arrow

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide