Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3513197 08/26/12 04:42 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
[/quote]

I understand "horseplay" but throwing a dead snake? You can continue to live by "my dern tootin rules durp derr!" or grow up smile [/quote]

I'm plenty grown, but over half these rules are stupid. Like I said sounds like some people hunt with idiots, thats yall's own fault. If I can't have a place to cut loose and have a good time, I won't be there and for sure wouldn't pay a dime for it. If practical jokes ain't aloud, then count me out. A dead snake coiled up in the outhouse is our favorite trick and if someone's too uptight to handle that, they can hunt somewhere else. I understand gun safety, no tearing up the place on 4 wheelers, and hunt your own stand, but no booze or horseplay sounds like as much fun as being at work!

I'm as redneck as they come and don't know what durp derr means.

Last edited by 8pointdrop; 08/26/12 04:43 PM.
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: 8pointdrop] #3513246 08/26/12 05:01 PM
P
prohunter2011 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
erathkid i would have beat you down right there no questions asked period.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Pittstate] #3513400 08/26/12 06:50 PM
H
High Country Archer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Pittstate
... And, if you don't get along with and respect the owner, don't be alarmed when he kicks you off. Pick yourself up and go find a better lease that suits your personality.

And if he kicks you off for no justified reason and costs you substantial monetary loss ($1,000.00+), take him to court to recover your costs. Then I agree that you find a better lease with a reasonable owner who doesn't have every lease member tired of his antics.

If you ain't hunting, you ain't living right.
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: 8pointdrop] #3513738 08/26/12 10:13 PM
W
Waabiishkiizii Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
[/quote]

I understand "horseplay" but throwing a dead snake? You can continue to live by "my dern tootin rules durp derr!" or grow up smile

I'm plenty grown, but over half these rules are stupid. Like I said sounds like some people hunt with idiots, thats yall's own fault. If I can't have a place to cut loose and have a good time, I won't be there and for sure wouldn't pay a dime for it. If practical jokes ain't aloud, then count me out. A dead snake coiled up in the outhouse is our favorite trick and if someone's too uptight to handle that, they can hunt somewhere else. I understand gun safety, no tearing up the place on 4 wheelers, and hunt your own stand, but no booze or horseplay sounds like as much fun as being at work!

I'm as redneck as they come and don't know what durp derr means. [/quote]

Haha I was mainly referring to the "I accidentally threw a snake at the landlords wife and Im pissed his husband was mad" lame [censored] story. Yes I will agree with you that having rules outside of the basics IS not something I would agree on, but hey, we are on THEIR land. Our only way to change that is to buy our own land or find another lease! Like I said practical jokes are fine but common sense was not used in the story above!!

And for durp derr? I just sounded it out while typing smile No clue if it means anything at all... but it's provocative!

Zach

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3514163 08/26/12 11:47 PM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Every one rides in together or you can't hunt? What is the point of this "rule"?

I can understand noise and safety rules but I can't imagine how this is effective for either. I swear some people make rules just so they can enforce them and feel like they have a reason to exist.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Bear Charge] #3514319 08/27/12 12:20 AM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
Rule #1, Get along. If you cant do that, take a hike.
Rule #2, follow all my other rules, lol.

Let'em grow old
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: rtp] #3514647 08/27/12 01:26 AM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
If i ever was on a lease with half the rules yall are puttin up here id pack my crap and head home, I dont listen to my wife tell me what i can and cant do and I get on a lease to hunt and have some fun, drink some beers. Things like this is the main reasoning we bought our own ranch and I still go on alot of package hunts every year. Aslong as everyone isnt abunch of idiots you shouldne need rules or worrie about whats going on if your not there. Just my 2cents.

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Leonardo] #3514688 08/27/12 01:32 AM
1RancherAg Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
My best lease rule? Quit wasting money hunting on leases and hunt my own land. Life is so much better now.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: 1RancherAg] #3514731 08/27/12 01:41 AM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I manage the lease so I make the rules.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Texan Til I Die] #3515288 08/27/12 04:27 AM
L
Let The Air Out of 'Em Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Texan Til I Die
If you don't show up for work day, you buy the shrimp for the Labor Day shrimp boil! And the beer!!!!

This rule is being enforced this year and I'll be real hungry and real thirsty after blasting doves all afternoon.

up Still the best one so far!! We are adding it next year. We dont have a lot of strict rules, but the ones we have are solid.
You must take a doe before you take a buck
All bucks must be 3.5 or older unless they are a cull buck
taking a buck younger than 3.5 (if not a cull), you add $100 to your lease fee next season
You may bring guests, they must hunt with you and they are your responsibility.
If a gate is shut, shut it back.... if its open then leave it open.

Everything else is common courtesy, only certain selected people hunt on this ranch so we are all like minded. The landowner is part of the hunting group so that makes everything gel together and we dont need a lot of instructions on when to or when not to leave, or that everone must ride together, or dont pee off the porch, or you cant hunt "MY" stand until the first odd numbered saturday after the first full moon after the fall equinox....Like some other have already mentioned, I've hunted all over Texas on ranches big and small...and there tends to be a lot of rules on the ranches where a lot of folks lacking common sense and common courtesy hunt....so I dont hunt there.

I think the main thing to focus on here is that we all share a common interest, to HUNT!! Do what you can to help the other guy out...you never know what someone is going through....take your kids and others hunting every chance you get.

Dove Season is right around the corner folks!! Get out there and enjoy it!!!!!

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
What you really need is a 300 Winchester Magnum. That is the best caliber on the planet, probably even in the solar system and maybe the universe.

Originally Posted By: STX Hog Hunter
Go get him! Shoot him in the face!
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Bear Charge] #3515390 08/27/12 06:31 AM
C
Camo Momma Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted By: asartor
Every one rides in together or you can't hunt? What is the point of this "rule"?

I can understand noise and safety rules but I can't imagine how this is effective for either. I swear some people make rules just so they can enforce them and feel like they have a reason to exist.

It works for us. We have 7 stands that surround a grove and stock tank. Our camp is not walking distance from where we hunt. So everyone loads up and rides in together. We drop everyone off and the last person picks everyone up on the way out. No reason to have 7 vehicles in an open area. It's not a concrete rule just the way we do things. We're on a family lease so it's not the same as a bunch of people that don't know eachother well.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: TurkeyHunter] #3516627 08/27/12 05:54 PM
B
buck-snort Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
11 - No mismatching of camo. For example, it is not permitted to wear real tree shirt and mossy oak pants. Hat brims cannot be turned around backwards. Jeans may be worn as pants with any type of camo as long as there is a matching hat. Handkerchief can be red or blue, or may be substituted with a camo one during turkey season as long as it is the same brand and type of camo. No affliction wear permitted at any time even during the off season while alone at the lease.

Is this an actual rule?

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Leonardo] #3517573 08/27/12 10:31 PM
M
Mesquite Man Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Learn to age deer, take deer that need to be harvested.

Fixed Blade Knives and Custom Mesquite Furniture
www.blackhatcreations.webs.com
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide