K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: elkhunter49
Originally Posted By: kyotee1
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
It is my understanding there is no online system to enter, you either get book in mail or print PDF from online, but you still have to print and mail in entries.

Online submission will be available come 2014 - you will be able to pay your application fees, check your status, pay for your hunt and hopefully there will be a second drawing for those who either do not pay for their selected hunt by the hunt permit deadline date or do not respond so that others that applied have an opportunity to get drawn. There will be the hard copy for those who don't have a computer or internet access.

Thanks for the info Kyotee1. Sounds like a step in right direction. Do non residents still get in the drawings for hunt on state lands? I've applied for hunts out west for 25+ years but it's always been for National Forrest or BLM land. Baker

Yes

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: bjones2571] #3362518 07/10/12 01:00 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: bjones2571
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
It is my understanding there is no online system to enter, you either get book in mail or print PDF from online, but you still have to print and mail in entries.

Online submission will be available come 2014 - you will be able to pay your application fees, check your status, pay for your hunt and hopefully there will be a second drawing for those who either do not pay for their selected hunt by the hunt permit deadline date or do not respond so that others that applied have an opportunity to get drawn. There will be the hard copy for those who don't have a computer or internet access.

How do I request a booklet? I entered last year, but have since moved and haven't received my booklet for this year.

With you being in Houston, you can obtain one at either of the Game Warden offices in Houston:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/warden/office_locations/

Another TIP to remember:
When you move and your mailing address changes unless you receive your mail at the Post Office and keep that mailing address, one needs to contact TPWD by early May so that we can update your mailing address in the data base. This goes a long way and benefits both sides in doing so.

The booklets are mailed out in bulk each year by zip code and bulk mail is not forwarded. It costs the program 3x as much in postage and handling to mail the booklets out individually as opposed to bulk mail. If you move, please contact us before May. We even have had applicants move during the application process and if they are selected, the Notice of Selection is sent back to us also and if not selected, the Non-Selection cards are as well – we receive so many that do not have a forwarding address or address unknown.

Last edited by kyotee1; 07/10/12 01:00 PM.
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: kyotee1] #3393878 07/20/12 06:22 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
A heads up. If you fill out the interactive drawn hunt forms online and print them, pay close attention to the number of names allowed per hunt. Some hunts only allow two names per card, but the online system will put more than two name spaces on the card. If that is clear as mud. An example.

Gun Mule Deer for Sierra Diablo in the book states no more than two names per card. But if you use the interactive form on the TPWD website and print that card it will give you additional lines to add three additional hunters and there is no indication on the card that says you can't fill all those in for that hunt choice. If you have more than two names on the card because of the confusion, it very likely will get your entry disqualified. I have already noticed two hunt choices in the book that will do this.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Sniper John] #3394006 07/20/12 11:57 AM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
Good point John. Would prob mean thier card was void.

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: jeh7mmmag] #3394644 07/20/12 03:56 PM
T
Trash Fish and Cull Bucks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
In case folks didn't already know this, there is an automated system you can call to see if your applications have been received and entered, whether or nor you were drawn for a hunt, and to see how many preference points you have. 512-389-8221

The recreational value of game is inverse to the artificiality of its origin - Aldo Leopold
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Elkhunter49] #3406707 07/24/12 09:40 PM
J
Jcarr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Does anyone know if you can hunt deer on Lake Ray Roberts or Lake Grapevine

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Jcarr] #3409165 07/25/12 05:10 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Not on Ray Roberts WMA - no deer hunting allowed.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Sniper John] #3409235 07/25/12 05:33 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
The interactive search has the same instructions as the hard copy booklet and the PDF file for the Sierra Diablo Mule Deer Hunt application. The online filling in the application will ONLY allow the primary applicants information to be entered, if you wish to add addition group members, one must physically write those in once it is printed off.

There is no indication on the hard copy of the applications from the booklet either, the applicant needs to read the instructions on the hunt they apply to see how many individuals may be on an application, instead of relying on the Other Group Members line spaces. Both systems are the same.

Restrictions
No standby positions will be available. No more than TWO NAMES per card.

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: Sniper John] #3409246 07/25/12 05:36 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
A heads up. If you fill out the interactive drawn hunt forms online and print them, pay close attention to the number of names allowed per hunt. Some hunts only allow two names per card, but the online system will put more than two name spaces on the card. If that is clear as mud. An example.

Gun Mule Deer for Sierra Diablo in the book states no more than two names per card. But if you use the interactive form on the TPWD website and print that card it will give you additional lines to add three additional hunters and there is no indication on the card that says you can't fill all those in for that hunt choice. If you have more than two names on the card because of the confusion, it very likely will get your entry disqualified. I have already noticed two hunt choices in the book that will do this.

Are you saying there is an error?

Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: kyotee1] #3410243 07/25/12 10:31 PM
12shotgun Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Great info; I've been to the website but did not fully understand the process until I read this thread. I'm mailing mine in asap!
Thanks!

Eduardo
Outdoor enthusiast
Re: TPWD Draw Hunts [Re: kyotee1] #3410598 07/26/12 12:36 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe

Are you saying there is an error?

No error, just a heads up because it could be very easy to miss. If one does not have a hard copy book and does not print out the online description, then only fills out the form online with the hunt choice filled in and prints it, then carry it off in hand to add their buddies. It would be very easy for someone to either not notice or forget and fill in more names that is allowed by mistake. .

I do know of at least one error though.

Guided Scimitar Horned Oryx Hunt Package.

Book states: No more than two names per card and permits available 2. Hard copy application in back of book only has a space for one additional applicant.

Online form for the same hunt states in bold letters at the top has Notice: Applicantions limited to ADULTS 17 years of age and older. Limit of 3 applicant per card. And yes it is spelled that way online. But then it does go on to say permits available 2. Then in the restrictions it says no more than two names per card. When the online form is filled out and printed for this hunt it gives spaces for two additional hunters.

I assume this hunt was meant to have only two applicants per card. But considering people will see that bold print saying "Limit of 3 applicant per card" and the card prints out allowing three applicants; y'all are going to get a bunch of cards with 3 applicants on them IMHO.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide