Forums46
Topics540,100
Posts9,758,233
Members87,206
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2928241 01/13/12 10:49 PM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Never said I was shooting dogs. To find the man, the collar will help.

BOAR'D HUNTs
We have the Cure for the Out-of-Season Blues.

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2928242 01/13/12 10:49 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I think I may have opened the wrong thread because I think I'm in the middle of somebody else argument. Well it was good killing the last hour at work reading all 4 pages of some very comedic material. Thanks y'all and have a good weekend.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOAR'D HUNTs] #2928243 01/13/12 10:49 PM
H
Hunter1975 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted By: BOAR'D HUNTs
Enjoyed! Time to go collar hunting, wish us luck.

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Michael

Your a true idiot!!!! Hope you get what you got coming to you one day.
Hope to see you soon as well!!

As far as most hog dogs being aggressive that is complete nonsense.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOAR'D HUNTs] #2928246 01/13/12 10:50 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
My mistake, I just read collar hunting and jumped the gun thinking some trigger happy folk.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2928260 01/13/12 10:54 PM
H
Hunter1975 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted By: Jpepper
My mistake, I just read collar hunting and jumped the gun thinking some trigger happy folk.

Hes so full of crap. He changed his tune when someone called him out about it being posted here. He does show some signs of intelligence

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2928412 01/13/12 11:57 PM
M
M Bennet Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
if he has a low fence ranch.how can he own any wild hog? what is the most that these tresspasser will get?

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: M Bennet] #2928436 01/14/12 12:10 AM
_
_Lee Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
_
are there as many tuff guys in real life as there are on the internet ?

Last edited by newby84; 01/14/12 12:16 AM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: _Lee] #2928539 01/14/12 12:48 AM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: newby84
are there as many tuff guys in real life as there are on the internet ?

Nope bolt

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2928700 01/14/12 01:44 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
Originally Posted By: Buckhunter1983
[quote=hoof n wings][quote=recon04]
quote]

Why do some people insist on being so stubborn and close minded? We are not all trespassing idiots that you may think we are. Most of you have probably never hunted behind a pack of dogs, and do not know the amount of time and effort it requires to make a good dog.
We may be hunting a 500 acre place 3 miles from your land and if my dog hits a pig that wants to run 3 miles to your place before it bays, then my dog is gonna stay with it because that is what it is trained to do. We then have the right to call a Game Warden & get permission to walk onto your land, kill the pig, and leave. What is the big deal with that?
If you had any respect for the hard working farmers that lose million's of dollars a year to wild hog destruction it wouldn't bother you one bit.
Quit being so closed minded and thinking your way is the only way. I don't even hunt during deer season. I have respect for deer hunters because I am not a stubborn fool. If you would try hunting behind a good pack of dogs one time, it would become a lot more clear to you.

Closed minded..... Silly me, I thought that IF I didn't give someone permission to be on my land they were tresspassing?
I understand your thinking.... if your dog)s( pick up a pig and it runs, you can follow your dogs and pig till one or the other gives up.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: M Bennet] #2928749 01/14/12 02:00 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: M Bennet
if he has a low fence ranch.how can he own any wild hog? what is the most that these tresspasser will get?

If they have a weapon on them it's a felony. They might not get any time (suspended sentence or probation), but they'd have a felony conviction on them for the rest of their life which would automatically disqualify them from about 70% of jobs out there.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2928758 01/14/12 02:04 AM
D
dfac75 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Being that most on this board have never been in a true combat situation, most fail to realize there are monsters that walk amongst us. If you where to shoot one of these hunters’ dogs, the consequences may be more than what you prepared to handle and that is the same for a hunter that chooses to trespass on someone’s land. Regardless of all the WWW tough-talk, know that your decisions have consequences for which you may regret forever on both sides.

One suggestion would be to catch the dogs , call the authorities and let them handle it accordingly. If the hunter trespasses they will be taken care of, especially if they bring a firearm on your property.

Regardless, I don’t think such rash decisions (such as shooting someone’s dogs) are worth putting your lives or the lives of your family at risk and vice versa as far as trespassing goes.
Also being that there are tons of WWW wanna-be lawyers, I leave this post with this…

(b) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly:
(1) tortures an animal or in a cruel manner kills or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;
(2) without the owner's effective consent, kills, administers poison to, or causes serious bodily injury to an animal;

d) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the actor had a reasonable fear of bodily injury to the actor or to another person by a dangerous wild animal as defined by Section 822.101, Health and Safety Code; or
(2) the actor was engaged in bona fide experimentation for scientific research.
(e) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (b)(2) or (6) that:
(1) the animal was discovered on the person's property in the act of or after injuring or killing the person's livestock animals or damaging the person's crops and that the person killed or injured the animal at the time of this discovery; or

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm#42.092

I am a dog hunter, but can see both sides.

Choose your decisions wisely…..

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: dfac75] #2928789 01/14/12 02:18 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Yeah, what you just posted pretty much leaves everything wide open.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2928982 01/14/12 03:48 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H

It's kind of amusing how uneducated some folks are on this board about the law.

I see lots of dog guys talking about this law, but none have yet to post it! The one above deals with shooting dogs... not being able to trespass to follow or get back your dog

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2928996 01/14/12 03:54 AM
D
dfac75 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Yeah, what you just posted pretty much leaves everything wide open.

Its not as open or cut an dry as your previous posts imply. In reality previous posts may be setting up hunters for lengthy and expensive legal troubles. It would probably be best if you spoke from facts and not your a s s... wink

A comparable Oklahoma statute did not, however, protect a man convicted of cruelty for shooting three hunting dogs as they chased a deer. He had left the dogs, wounded but still alive, on someone else's land. The law justified killing a dog that was chasing livestock, but not one chasing wildlife, the court ruled. The defendant "knew that he had hit the dogs and he was willing to let them drag themselves off and suffer and die," said the court. "The trial court felt that this was cruelty to animals, and we can but agree." 28

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/dog-book/chapter13-3.html

http://www.1011now.com/home/headlines/2047682.html

In a case involving a defendant who shot two domestic dogs that were chasing a deer and a fawn, the court refused to extend the defense to him. Bueckner v. Hamel, 886 S.W.2d 368 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 1994). The court reasoned that deer are not considered “domestic,” and because the dogs were not chasing a “domestic animal,” the defense did not apply. The defense also tried to argue, albeit unsuccessfully, that the dogs at issue were known to have attacked cattle on previous occasions. The court emphasized that an attack on a protected animal must be in progress, imminent, or recent. Attacks on cattle during prior months were not “recent.”

In another case involving the killing of a dog in defense of a person and property, the court stressed that the danger must be imminent, and a real or apparent necessity must exist to justify killing the animal. City of Garland v. White, 368 S.W.2d 12 (Tex. Civ. App. 1963). In this case, police officers shot and killed a dog that was reported as vicious. However, the dog was killed much later in the day compared to when the reports were originally made, and while the dog was in its owner’s garage and retreating into the house. The court held that the danger posed by the dog must be imminent, and that killing the dog later in the day did not meet this requirement. The court also called attention to the fact the officers did not try to shut door or contain the dog, but rather shot it right away.

http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ddustxcruelty.htm

Last edited by dfac75; 01/14/12 04:02 AM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: hoof n wings] #2929036 01/14/12 04:11 AM
D
dfac75 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings

It's kind of amusing how uneducated some folks are on this board about the law.

I see lots of dog guys talking about this law, but none have yet to post it! The one above deals with shooting dogs... not being able to trespass to follow or get back your dog

As far as I know, TX does not have any retrieval laws or right to retrieve laws. Unfortunately, there are alot of dog hunters who can pose a negative light on the responsible hunters, just as there are un-ethical and poaching deers hunters who cast a negative light on the law abiding deer hunters.

Its best to talk with surrounding landowners and maintain a common respect for other hunters.

A dog hunter has no right to go on someone elses property, where they do not have permission to retrieve their dogs, kill the hog, and get off. I saw in earlier posts where someone said that and thats probably the stupidest thing Ive seen in a while.

As my advise earlier suggested, Catch the dogs, notify authorities, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law for tresspassing if they come onto your property. If you bring a gun, I believe it's a felony.

I know after so many offenses, you can have your hunting rights revoked for life, which is better for all of us when dealing with trespassers, poachers, and unethical hunters alike...

Like I said, I am a dog hunter but do not believe in breaking the law and have common respect for other hunters. I demand the same respect back.

Last edited by dfac75; 01/14/12 04:28 AM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: dfac75] #2929063 01/14/12 04:29 AM
P
porkysnightmare Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
I had a pitbull with no collar come after me in my own front yard...after Putting a rake between her and I she decided to go after a couple kids across the street. I yelled at them and their dad was able to kick at her which sent her back my way. I pulled my .38 and ended it with one to her head.

I then waited 2 hours for the meanest a$$hole cop I ever met to show up. He wouldn't even talk to me, the first thing he did was go across the street and ask the others what happened. After getting the story from them, came back and asked if I always do yard work with my hand gun on. My response, I have a CHL and YES!

Moral of my story...make sure you want to deal with the hassle after you pull the trigger. I still have neighbors who hate me even though their dog was loose and chasing people. Did I want to kill the dog? No. Did I have to kill the dog? No. I DID kill it because it was a threat to me and others. Think before killing someones dog...they tried to sue me but when the lawyer came out and realized they had 4 pitbulls - 1 and a dilapidated fence that hardly qualified for a fence, he dropped the suit. They still yell out, dog killer as they pass when they see me...

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: dfac75] #2929064 01/14/12 04:32 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: dfac75

As far as I know, TX does not have any retrieval laws or right to retrieve laws. Unfortunately, there are alot of dog hunters who can pose a negative light on the responsible hunters, just as there are un-ethical and poaching deers hunters who cast a negative light on the law abiding deer hunters.

A dog hunter has no right to go on someone elses property, where they do not have permission to retrieve their dogs, kill the hog, and get off. I saw in earlier posts where someone said that and thats probably the stupidest thing Ive seen in a while.
Like I said, I am a dog hunt but do not believe in breaking the law and have common respect for other hunters.

This is the one I refered to... and to talk of uneducated rednecks roflmao
Originally Posted By: Buckhunter1983
No but the dogs owner does have a right to retrieve their property, This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2929097 01/14/12 04:53 AM
L
Lonnie Paul Walker Jr. Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
He said, he said, an o no the dog is dead. I have shot so many dogs that have crossed where they shouldn't. I put a catch dog down last week that I found on the side of the road. Was starved so bad that there was no coming back. I use to run lots of hog dogs for about 8 years, an it pisses me off when guys loose there dogs. I hate it for the dogs when there is so many dumbazz people that have no idea out there thinkin they are paving the way on catching hogs. There is no difference in taking your dogs out an dumping them off to starve. Hello,(Tracking Gear)
I try to see if they have collier, if not dirt bath. BOTTOM LINE

Now, near my deer or goats, I would drop my own dogs if they are where they are not suppose to be.

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Outfitter / Professional Guide
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2929099 01/14/12 04:54 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Likewise, that post was directed right at cameron00. I was trying to find a valid point of his as to why I'm so ignorant.

Pretty sure Cameron was directing that at Sabana River's previous post that he can follow his dog anywhere he wants and shoot the bayed hog.

This thread is disturbing to say the least. Peoples ideas of what their "rights" are is severly distorted and some of the claims to "know" the law are scary.

@the OP: good luck on catching the sorry SOB's that think they can go wherever they want and do whatever they want. They are probably just following their dogs, but don't worry, they will kill the pig that is bayed and head on back their merry way if you don't rolleyes

Common sense goes a long ways, obviously, it isn't as common as it used to be.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2929119 01/14/12 05:03 AM
E
ETO33 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
This entire thread is funny to me because hog hunters say this is the law and deer hunters say this is the law when truth is in the middle.

I have done tons of research as well as speak to 4 different game wardens about this topic with in the last month. All having the same answer.
It is 100% illegal to shot a dog stray or hunting dog that is on your property unless it is aggressive toward you another human or domestic livestock. A deer does not qualify as domestic livestock. You may not shot a dog do to breed alone. This act carries a max penalty of 5 yr in jail and a $5000 fine.

To those saying the cops wont do anything it is because they truly have no authority to do anything outside of criminal tress no matter what they claim. It is a matter for the GW. Hog hunters call the GW in this situation do not let the land owner bully you into thinking the cops have authority.

Finally to those saying no judge will convict ask the 20 yr old boy and father that just paid $4500 in damages for shooting a hog dog as part of a plea agreement to keep the boy out of jail!!!!!

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.] #2929127 01/14/12 05:06 AM
L
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I would also like to say this, I have never liked shooting a dog, I get really pissed off about it. Not at the dog, but at the owner who let him get away. My view is I would rather put a dog down than see it starve out in middle of a pasture.

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2929139 01/14/12 05:13 AM
T
tuskbuster Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
cameron00 sounds like u a big fence stradler hope no one shakes that bottom wire and you wind up with your nuts in your MOUTH.your pre\DICK/tion that no one will get a decent job after a FELONY for huntin hogs with dogs.most guys i know have great jobs to sTart with or they couldnt aford to run good HOG DOGS FOR AS LONG AS THEY HAVE.yeah you may own or lease the land you do,doggers usually get FREE PERMISSION to hunt.do you always hit what you aim at,what happens to the b ullet that doesnt hit the mark,i believe there has been several cases of people being hit with errant bullets from hunters this year alone in TX.can you call that bullet back once you squeeze the trigger .well we can have more control over the dogs than that,its not perfect but we are not in juring with dogs other than to hogs and our dogs and ourselves to help protect or dogs.get a life THE WORLD AINT PERFECT

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.] #2929141 01/14/12 05:14 AM
L
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
By my deer I am talking about the ones in pens. They my not be classified as domestic, I would rather pay any fine than loose a $30,000 buck. Moral of this story for all of us:

SHOOT SHOVEL SHUT UP

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.] #2929153 01/14/12 05:21 AM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I do not shoot bayed hogs. I do not even carry a gun, only my dogs and a knife.
Lonnie, you say you have shot so many dogs that have crossed when they shouldn't, and you claim your putting them out of misery cause they're starving? How do you not know that the owner is looking for that dog? Hog dogs are meant to FIND and catch hogs. We do not "let" them get away, they are doing what they are trained to do. We do not train them to trespass, we train them to go find pigs when they smell them, and of course dogs do not know property lines and will go to where they smell them!

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.] #2929169 01/14/12 05:36 AM
H
Hunter1975 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Sounds like someone has too much money..... $30,000 dollar deer???? Do they taste better?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide