Forums46
Topics540,296
Posts9,761,030
Members87,216
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOONER] #2927382 01/13/12 06:19 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING
Most dogs on my lease will be shot.

Let me clarify, the ones with collars get a pass.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: dadawg] #2927425 01/13/12 06:35 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Anyone that would shoot a dog with a collar just for crossing a fence line is a total P.O.S. & trespassing laws would be the least of my worries if it happened to one of mine, gimme a freaking break guy's, dogs get lost & end up crossing fences, it's just a dog for Christ's sake! On the other hand, when you are talking about an aggressive dog, or dogs chasing livestock, repeat offenders, etc., that is a different story. I would spend the rest of my day's on earth making sure that the shooter got what they had coming if they shot my dog just for crossing a fence line. And that is a fact, private property or not.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2927431 01/13/12 06:37 PM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Anyone that would shoot a dog with a collar just for crossing a fence line is a total P.O.S. & trespassing laws would be the least of my worries if it happened to one of mine, gimme a freaking break guy's, dogs get lost & end up crossing fences, it's just a dog for Christ's sake! On the other hand, when you are talking about an aggressive dog, or dogs chasing livestock, repeat offenders, etc., that is a different story. I would spend the rest of my day's on earth making sure that the shooter got what they had coming if they shot my dog just for crossing a fence line. And that is a fact, private property or not.

great post agree 100%

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2927453 01/13/12 06:46 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

There's really not a whole lot you can do. Please spare me the tough talk - you're not going to shoot someone that shoots a dog illegally on their property.

When you say, "aggressive dog or dog chasing livestock", what exactly do you think most people consider a pitbull they're not expecting to see running in their direction? We have a big problem with them where my land is because some guy was trying to start a dog fighting ring, got busted, and turned about 10 of them loose. A bunch of them have collars, and guess what? They get shot too.

I've given plenty of dogs passes that I found on my land. Had a hound run up on me and scare the tar out of me a few months ago. He definitely was well trained and I definitely let him go on about his merry way, but I have neighbors that wouldn't have.

Not sure what else to say. You don't want your dogs shot, keep them where they belong.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2927464 01/13/12 06:50 PM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

Thank you, a man with a little common sense!
Now, can we all get along. After all, we are all hunters and should be united together rather than bickering between each other. This is getting pathetic.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2927469 01/13/12 06:52 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I should have said, "had a big problem with them". I think they've all been shot at this point.

At the Sheriff's recommendation, no less.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2927494 01/13/12 07:01 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
I'm not giving you tough talk, I just stated a fact, I would get revenge, period. I agree that a pitbull running at someone should probably be shot, all I am saying is, it would be wrong to shoot some guy's lost bird dog just because it is on your property. And where in my post did I say anything about shooting someone? I can think of many other ways to get revenge.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2927519 01/13/12 07:10 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I don't think many people would pull the trigger on a birddog. I know I wouldn't. The topic of this thread was hog dogs, and hog dogs are very often aggressive breeds.

I'm also just pointing out that you don't necessarily know the situation of the people whose land your dog is on. It may seem crazy to you that someone would shoot a dog just for being on his land, but there are plenty of reasons to do so. My neighbor had all of his chickens killed by dogs a few months ago. Again, there was a guy raising pits for a fighting ring that let a bunch of them go. There was a big, white sheep dog with a collar that had been killing calves, and everyone knew about it.

And like I said, I had a very friendly hound run up behind me and I patted him for awhile and then watched him run off. No idea whose he was or where he went, but I hope he found his way.

It is, however, a bunch of unadultered bs that hog doggers are allowed to cross fences just because their dogs do. That is factually incorrect and 100% trespassing. And no game warden is going to say different.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2927544 01/13/12 07:18 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
I think we are in agreement. I live in a lower class subdivision on Cedar Creek Lake & though I have a decent place & all of my immediate neighbors have nice places (we are water front) when you get back away from the waterfront, there are some run down places, white trash meth heads that have dogs running around loose & starving, I have sent many of them running away with a pellet in their azz, but I still wouldn't kill them.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2927654 01/13/12 08:00 PM
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I understand you hog doggers being defensive about your dogs but you know what fine line your walking when you release them. There's always a good chance they will chase past a property line, so you know what some people will do. If you can't live with the possibility of this maybe you're in the wrong sport. I'm not saying I would shoot on sight but if it's a pit, he better quickly wag that tail!!

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: jskin] #2927685 01/13/12 08:09 PM
J
jskin Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
On a side note, if I were a CHL holder there would have been one less dog in the world yesterday. I was leaving a customers house and was met by a charging pit/lab mix! Growling on a dead run straight for me. I had no protection other than my preparing to start my judy chop. He stopped about 1 foot short of me when the neighbor called him off. If I were armed I would have started my bead at 20ft. I don't care if it wasn't my property! I was just seconds from screaming like a school girl.

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: jskin] #2927789 01/13/12 08:38 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
It's the mindset that some dog owner has the right to allow his/her dogs to roam as they please. We have one neighbor that has two male dogs which he allows to roam, and we have been neighborly and transported them back on more than one occassion. Explaining each time that we would prefer their dogs not roam and chase whatever on our side of the fence. Said neighbor only smirks and says they're dogs, they're gonna roam! Also had another dog show up at the camphouse on New Years eve, finally coaxed him close enough to find it had a 'Pet Finders' tag on the collar, we called the number, and the owner was reunited with their lost pet. Couldn't have been happier to help them out. It's the mindset of the first oblivious neighbor that pushes the attitude of killing dogs and you never know how agressive (or not) a strange lost dog might be.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: talkturkey] #2927861 01/13/12 09:01 PM
M
M Bennet Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
i hope yall catch the tresspassers,and file on them.
i own 33 dogs and never had one shot.i just hunt big ranches.
i bet these tresspassers are laughing at us bitching about them.now they wont come back,
no body is going to win this thread.i just hope peta no reading this.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: M Bennet] #2927909 01/13/12 09:17 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Nope, no one is gonna win it but the landowner or lessee's of the property that is being trespassed on are losing every time those dogs are crossing the property line. A lot of money is spent by hunters to have a piece of land to hunt on an exclusive basis. When those dogs cross that line they are stealing from the lessee by interfering with that opportunity. There has to be a real option and obviously the authorities aren't able to be everywhere. And although I'm not an advocate of killing dogs, I like them too much, I'm afraid at some point it has to be an option. One down the list a ways, but an option.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: passthru] #2928064 01/13/12 10:02 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I'm glad my dogs know how to read the warning signs! No seriously, they do.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: passthru] #2928109 01/13/12 10:14 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I've never hunted hogs with dogs and never will. For one thing I'm to old and stove up to keep up with the dogs and secondly because I have no desire to do so even if I was able.

I have however spent most of my years growing up walking literally thousands of miles behind well trained bird dogs that my Dad raised and trained and in all of those years we never lost a dog and that was long before tracking collars were even around.

When we came to a fence line and didn't have permission to hunt that property we simply called the dogs back and headed in another direction. When my Dad called the dogs, they came. Even if they were on point just across a fence, when he called them off they came back, but then again they weren't hunting wild hogs and didn't go chasing across the country side. They were well trained and hunted in fairly close so we never had a problem.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: MikeC] #2928121 01/13/12 10:18 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I can get birds with my dogs or stop hogs but isn't that two different type of dogs usually? Don't know many bird dogs that will run a bird 6 miles or more and be able to get lost.

It's kind of amusing how uneducated some folks are on this board about the law. Also that most of you will let a bird dog "walk" but let a hog dog "drop". Especially because we all know that birds tear up the land, huh?

Last edited by Jpepper; 01/13/12 10:40 PM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2928122 01/13/12 10:18 PM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Enjoyed! Time to go collar hunting, wish us luck.

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Michael

BOAR'D HUNTs
We have the Cure for the Out-of-Season Blues.

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOAR'D HUNTs] #2928143 01/13/12 10:22 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: BOAR'D HUNTs

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Michael

You're a fool for incriminating yourself in public. Hope whoevers dog you shoot doesn't show a judge your last post! LOL don't think that would stand in court knowing you're hunting dogs!

I really hope that you find the trespassers though and handle business because that is real shitty.

Last edited by Jpepper; 01/13/12 10:26 PM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2928180 01/13/12 10:34 PM
H
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: Jpepper

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Michael

You're a fool for incriminating yourself in public. Hope whoevers dog you shoot doesn't show a judge your last post! LOL don't think that would stand in court knowing you're hunting dogs!

I really hope that you find the trespassers though and handle business because that is real shitty.

x2 some people are so ignorant.

Last edited by Sabana River Hunter; 01/13/12 10:35 PM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2928191 01/13/12 10:36 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter

Hope to see you soon!
Love, Michael

x2 some people are so ignorant.

Yourself included.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2928202 01/13/12 10:38 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Can you explain why I'm ignorant? That was a very ignorant assumption.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Jpepper] #2928211 01/13/12 10:39 PM
H
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

I'm not referring to you Jpepper. I'm referring to the P.O.S dog shooters.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2928229 01/13/12 10:46 PM
J
Jpepper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Likewise, that post was directed right at cameron00. I was trying to find a valid point of his as to why I'm so ignorant.

Last edited by Jpepper; 01/13/12 10:46 PM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2928230 01/13/12 10:46 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter

I'm not referring to you Jpepper. I'm referring to the P.O.S dog shooters.

Says Mr. Fictional "I'm allowed to follow my dogs onto your land and kill a hog if I just ask the Game Warden" guy.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide