Re: stolen guns [Re: Metal Man] #2880220 12/30/11 12:12 AM
M
michael rice Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Metal Man
Its like a lot of folk here want to play the victim, thinking reactive. Poor little ol me got robbed, how could it be, I was not protected.
Instead of thinking proactive and giving the thieves(ya there out there doing their job)a hard target.

i think theres a few people on there that are stuiped and blame the people who are victims cause they dont got what others have and are jealous

Re: stolen guns [Re: jmc82] #2881160 12/30/11 05:00 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: jmc82
By devildogs logic... If a man kicks your door down, rapes and kills your wife and kids, its your fault for not securing them. Its your fault for thinking a wooden door was sufficient to keep someone out.

I love internet tough guys.

Your analogy isn't going to work. He had an opportunity to remove his guns from the equation entirely, but didn't.

And no, I'm not just tough in cyber space. How many gunfights have you been in?

Re: stolen guns [Re: GSS] #2881168 12/30/11 05:01 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: GSS
Originally Posted By: devildog28

If a thief stole your "properly secured" firearms by cutting the cable, will you write it off as being bested by the bad guys?

Sure will.

Like I said before; it's not his fault he got broken into, it's his fault his guns were stolen

A safe in my truck or just driving straight home from an outing is a lot cheaper.

First you mentioned a cable lock for securing firearms in a vehicle, now you mention a vehicle safe...make up your mind how you are so right, and others are irresponsible.

And thanks for the laugh regarding your "sure will", if your deterrents don't work.

I have both in my truck. Does it really matter the examples I used? Both address the fact that glass isn't good enough. How many burglar bars do you see made out of glass?

And yes if a gun is stolen out of my truck it's entirely my fault. Why? Because I accept responsibility for things in my control.

Re: stolen guns [Re: 30 pack] #2881183 12/30/11 05:04 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: 30 pack

If a thief stole your "properly secured" firearms by cutting the cable, will you write it off as being bested by the bad guys?

Sure will.

Like I said before; it's not his fault he got broken into, it's his fault his guns were stolen

A safe in my truck or just driving straight home from an outing is a lot cheaper.

So if your guns are in your home, in a safe, and someone steals the whole safe, by your mentality, it should be your fault.

Yup. You can bolt a safe down or put it in a reinforced room.

Again I ask, how can you consider glass "secure"?

Re: stolen guns [Re: michael rice] #2881211 12/30/11 05:09 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: michael rice
Originally Posted By: Metal Man
Its like a lot of folk here want to play the victim, thinking reactive. Poor little ol me got robbed, how could it be, I was not protected.
Instead of thinking proactive and giving the thieves(ya there out there doing their job)a hard target.

i think theres a few people on there that are stuiped and blame the people who are victims cause they dont got what others have and are jealous

I definitely don't want what others have. I make enough to buy whatever the hell I want when I want to if you want to get into it. I sure don't consider Rossi and H&R enviable.

How am I stupid because I recognize glass is insufficient? Surely you don't think it is.

Re: stolen guns [Re: michael rice] #2881228 12/30/11 05:16 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: michael rice
It is your fault they were stolen if you thought glass was sufficient to keep someone out. No other way to look at it. It's only not "nice" because the truth hurts.

Just think when your wife is getting up the butt its not
Your fault .

Guns where covered with jackets

Devildog i would like to use you as a punshing bag
Try to knock you smart lmao

Am I supposed to cry now or be scared of a physical threat? You don't even know what I look like, how can you assume I'd be that easy to toss around? I would tell you, but knowing you all I'd get is more "internet tough guy" remarks.

Like I said before your analogy won't work. You could've removed your weapons from the situation entirely, but you failed to. It's entirely your fault. No other way around it. Instead of coming on here crying, just accept that you effed up. If someone gets my guns out of my truck safe or cuts the cable it's still my fault because I could've left them at home before going somewhere. All those measures accomplish is reducing the chance of theft. If you want a 100% chance of your stuff not being stolen from your truck in a parking lot; don't have them in your truck in a parking lot.

The difference in us is that I've been conditioned to not play the victim card while you have. When I was in the service there wasn't such a thing as "it was secured, but......". It was either secured or not. If someone decided to keep a weapon in their wall locker instead of the armory, it was their fault if it got stolen eventhough it was behind a locked door and locker.

Re: stolen guns [Re: devildog28] #2881364 12/30/11 06:41 AM
A
Alan D Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
A
What DD is saying is the truth, not sugar coated, but the truth. I wish the world was a safer place and burglars didn't exist but they do. Like I said in my previous post, you need to secure or not leave your valuables in a vehicle. Plain and simple.

Are there things to take in my car, sure. But nothing is in view. If someone does break a window and decide to dig around they will get a hat, some power cords, and a few cds. Gun goes with me.

This horse is probably about beaten to death but we can keep the argument going. Unfortunately I do find it entertaining.

And again to the original poster, I truly am sorry that this happened to you and as I said before the good from this will be a lesson learned for yourself and hopefully others.

Re: stolen guns [Re: Alan D] #2881941 12/30/11 04:03 PM
F
Fishstalker13 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
DD you need to learn to read!! He was not crying on here, he was only giving others heads up and let others know what had been taken soon the off chance they turned up he might be able to get his stuff back.

Re: stolen guns [Re: Fishstalker13] #2882063 12/30/11 04:30 PM
T
Texsun Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I posted the story before about getting my cat' converter stolen out front of Academy....cameras were fuzzy and friggin worthless. those security cameras secure nothing!

Sig Sauer P229 Elite, P226 Elite, SP2022
S&W Model 3
Win. Model 70's: 220 Swift, 270, 30.06, 300 Win Mag, 375 H&H
Savage Model 99 250-3000
Colt 6920
Ruger 10-22
Swedish and Chilean Mausers
Browning Citori White Lightning
Re: stolen guns [Re: Texsun] #2882132 12/30/11 04:47 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Texsun
I posted the story before about getting my cat' converter stolen out front of Academy....cameras were fuzzy and friggin worthless. those security cameras secure nothing!

They are there for insurance not safety.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: stolen guns [Re: devildog28] #2882142 12/30/11 04:49 PM
H
hoss77 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
It's the internet, it shouldn't matter. I just asked a question.
its called trolling

Re: stolen guns [Re: devildog28] #2882255 12/30/11 05:19 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: jmc82
By devildogs logic... If a man kicks your door down, rapes and kills your wife and kids, its your fault for not securing them. Its your fault for thinking a wooden door was sufficient to keep someone out.

I love internet tough guys.

Your analogy isn't going to work. He had an opportunity to remove his guns from the equation entirely, but didn't.

And no, I'm not just tough in cyber space. How many gunfights have you been in?

How so? Was he supposed to walk into Academy with firearms in hand? Maybe check them at the door? That is laughable at best.

Re: stolen guns [Re: Fishstalker13] #2882264 12/30/11 05:21 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Fishstalker13
DD you need to learn to read!! He was not crying on here, he was only giving others heads up and let others know what had been taken soon the off chance they turned up he might be able to get his stuff back.

That would not fit into his internet touogh guy image. It also wouldn't allow him to attempt to scoreboard someone about money or possessions.

Re: stolen guns [Re: jmc82] #2882337 12/30/11 05:44 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
What I've noticed about DD is he likes to post and he likes to argue. Just look at this one topic. Adds to his total. God bless him-he's got alot of time on his hands.

Re: stolen guns [Re: GSS] #2882565 12/30/11 07:13 PM
K
Kawabuggy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I can recall in the recent past several posts, from several different members having had guns stolen out of their vehicles specifically at an Academy store.

If you read these boards frequently-as I and many others do-you should quickly realize that leaving weapons in a vehicle, locked or otherwise, at any type of retail outlet is a big mistake on YOU.

I don't like to kick a person when they are down, and I am saddened to hear that someone has had their weapons stolen. I hate a thief just as much as the next guy... With that said, if I went out today and parked my vehicle at an Academy with weapons inside (out of sight, under the seats-whatever) and those weapons were stolen... Who's fault is it? It is MY fault.

I see DD's point in what he is saying. We as a society KNOW that thieves walk among us. To expect it not to happen to us shows that we are just playing the odds, gambling with our possessions, hoping that it does not happen to us. And when it does we always hate the RAT, but we don't stop to think about who left the CHEESE out. If I had weapons stolen from my vehicle after reading this post, and all of the others, I'd consider myself a dumb-[censored], take my lumps, file my insurance claims and move on. I'd never make that mistake again. In fact, me personally I'll never make that mistake in the first place simply because I've read all the posts on this forum that prove to me what happens when weapons are left in cars. The other thing that I hear mentioned on this site quite frequently is how some guys have a bunch of hunting stickers on their vehicles which further indicates to a thief the potential for weapons in certain vehicles. So, if you are advertising that you hunt, and have weapons in your vehicle... Hate the thief, we all do, but understand a thief steals things, and if you leave things out for him/her to steal... Well, consider that horse kicked.

For those of you who have not met DD, I think you should be careful about who you threaten. I don't consider him a "friend" because I don't socialize with him regularly, but I have met him in person, and I would definitely want him on my side in any bar-room brawl.

If the OP has the numbers off those guns, maybe he will get lucky and they will turn up. I don't frequent pawn shops, or any other places where stolen guns might be found, but I'll certainly keep my eyes and ears open for the 2 that he has mentioned.

A hog is nothing more than a bullet receptacle.
Re: stolen guns [Re: devildog28] #2882638 12/30/11 07:41 PM
H
hntnfsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H

Sure will.

So if your guns are in your home, in a safe, and someone steals the whole safe, by your mentality, it should be your fault.

So what your saying DD is that your gun safe in your home is bolted down and you have 1/4-1/2 inch steel plates for windows...NO GLASS
Your entry doors are in fact the same doors used on safes, No wood, NO GLASS...
I suppose your daily driver is a tank so you and yours are completely secure...Again, NO GLASS...
I dont think you are a TROLL as others have suggested, however I do think your comments to the OP are uncalled for....

To the OP....Are you an NRA member...If so dont forget your firearms insurance..Contact them and get your check...You should be able to replace both those firearms and have some left for you auto repair....

Re: stolen guns [Re: hntnfsh] #2882838 12/30/11 09:09 PM
G
GSS Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
kawa said "In fact, me personally I'll never make that mistake in the first place simply because I've read all the posts on this forum that prove to me what happens when weapons are left in cars."

But you have no idea how many are not the victims of thieves, and don't have to resort to near paranoia in order to simply make a stop (or several), while in possession of firearms.
I cannot conceal carry into the Post Office; should I leave my weapon at home, if one of my stops is the USPS?
If I cable lock (geez) or have a safe installed (double geez), someone may steal the vehicle...poor planning on my part?

Traffic accidents, lightning strikes...all can be avoided, if one decides to take every possible precaution available. But do you plan on walking, or never going anywhere when it's raining?
By all means, do whatever your level of safety dictates. The OP simply stated he was a victim of theft, wasn't whining, and may have appreciated suggestions on prevention, versus being told he was "in the wrong" to expect his locked vehicle to be unmolested.
And I quote some of the "advice" given: "It's entirely your fault. No other way around it. Instead of coming on here crying, just accept that you effed up."

Perfection is easy on the Internet, the real world not so easy. Lots of "line drawing".

NRA Life
TSRA Life
Re: stolen guns [Re: GSS] #2882941 12/30/11 09:48 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
I cannot conceal carry into the Post Office; should I leave my weapon at home, if one of my stops is the USPS?
If I cable lock (geez) or have a safe installed (double geez), someone may steal the vehicle...poor planning on my part?

I laughed when I read this one. Using DDs logic, you should have used Fed Ex... Or just never send stuff through the mail. Because if it weren't for you needing to mail something, it never would have happened. bolt

Last edited by jmc82; 12/30/11 09:48 PM.
Re: stolen guns [Re: devildog28] #2883008 12/30/11 10:09 PM
30 pack Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog

Sure will.

Yes, glass can be broken. Also, bolts can be cut, steel plate can be cut through. Not really a difference in the big picture.

"I like pig butts and I can not lie"
Re: stolen guns [Re: GSS] #2883087 12/30/11 10:57 PM
K
Kawabuggy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Okay. You guys win. I was foolish for speaking on this post at all. It is always someone else's fault when bad things happen to us. Our poor planning, lack of forethought, or ability to put ourselves in silly situations is not to be held against us, or even discussed. We will simply keep that finger sharp and prepared to point elsewhere when the poo hits the air mover.

Me? I make mistakes every single day. I learn from them. Sometimes they cost me a little money, other times they cost me a lot. Through these "mistakes" I've learned to plan better, and to think things through before I jump up off the couch and run willy-nilly into the night.
I realize this is blasphemy for me to type this on a public forum.

Good luck OP on getting your guns back.

A hog is nothing more than a bullet receptacle.
Re: stolen guns [Re: Kawabuggy] #2883120 12/30/11 11:13 PM
M
michael rice Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
guns where cheap 300 and a 100 just was saying to watch out i have learned my lesson and i was not looking to pick a fight with any one if i came off like i was im sorry

i do want to thank the guys that seen what happen to me and felt my pain....

on a side note four you guys that play it safe live a little you might like it

Re: stolen guns [Re: michael rice] #2883150 12/30/11 11:25 PM
S
shark 25-06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
so someone smashed my glass out of my truck and took a pack of smokes. i was so mad when i got to the truck and i really needed a smoke to calm down about the window. smokes wernt there. is it my fault that i didnt secure my pack?

Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit
Re: stolen guns [Re: shark 25-06] #2883155 12/30/11 11:27 PM
M
michael rice Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
yep its your fault i shouldnt feel bad for ya

Re: stolen guns [Re: shark 25-06] #2883165 12/30/11 11:33 PM
C
chickenpants Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: shark 25-06
so someone smashed my glass out of my truck and took a pack of smokes. i was so mad when i got to the truck and i really needed a smoke to calm down about the window. smokes wernt there. is it my fault that i didnt secure my pack?

yes since we all know your smokes should have been locked in a safe and that safe put in another safe and then locked in a armored car guess next time you will know hammer

Re: stolen guns [Re: chickenpants] #2883180 12/30/11 11:37 PM
S
shark 25-06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
whats bad is they were golden beach. 99 cents a pack. they destroyed a 99 dollar window to get a 99 cent pack.

Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide