Re: Day Hunt gone Bad and Good [Re: Bucklessbob77] #283826 12/28/07 02:34 PM
S
SteveO Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Quote:

Quote:

also if no one has been in the cabin forever and the feeders were empty in the middle of season this might have been just great hunting.

Uhh...3 days and didn't see a deer or a track? Now, I understand nothing is guaranteed in hunting. But IF I gave money to somebody to hunt and didn't even SEE a deer...I've been screwed. Which, naturally results in YOU being screwed. Feeders ..of course. Was there any copper pipe in the shack? How 'bout aluminum cans out back? Was the fence decent?...any good posts? How about gates? Could you cut down some trees for firewood? Take a dump in the middle of the living room?...a real man would....and then put a rug over it so they wouldn't notice for a while. Window air conditioner? Any decent furniture or dishes? Was the mattress too bad for your dog to use? When I left that place my bumper hitch would be dragging the ground.

LOL! awesome!

Re: Day Hunt gone Bad and Good [Re: Crazyhorse] #283827 12/28/07 03:12 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The way I see it, your buddy needs to bring the feeders back. My guess is he just did this, so it may not be to late to bring them back.

He then needs to call the land owner and talk to him about not showing up to collect the rest of his money for the hunt. At that point, I'd discuss the feeders not being full, etc. He may be able to work out another hunt for free.

I've been told day hunts aren't cracked up to what they are supposed to be.

Hope you boy doesn't go to jail for letting his emotions getting the better of him. Only good I see in this is if anyone else would get that ticked, they see the majority of the folks on this forum don't agree with two wrongs making a right.

[Linked Image]
Re: Day Hunt gone Bad and Good [Re: texas8point] #283828 12/28/07 03:21 PM
M
MGREEN Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Quote:

Well, I can see the topic did stir the pot, unintentional I promise. I'm happy my post might set some kinda board record, but I really didnt expect much when I posted it. Hell as excited as I was about the buck I shot, I didnt get near the attention from that.
So Im guess yall think he shoulda left the feeders alone ? Ha !
Im sure my buddy would have rather talked to the guy about the MISREPRESENTED conditions of the lease first, the feeders were a pissed off after thought when the guy didnt show. Now whether the land owner or a 3rd party or space craft set up the hunt he was wrong to take the feeders.
As always I appreciate the interaction and the comments. Agree or not, this has been fun. I'm outta here in a few for a long weekend at the lease (my lease, not a day lease).......Good luck to all who head out.

Let's just hope that some 3rd party did not day lease your lease this past week and the person who leased it took all your feeders because he did not see anything.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide