Forums46
Topics538,193
Posts9,734,123
Members87,072
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Sniper John] #2689159 10/24/11 09:44 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Wonder
I searched it and it was a popular term on a couple arkansas related forums as well as some other mississippi corridor state's forums going back about as far as is still searchable. But sorry, it is obvious some guys from Arkansas would be the ones to take credit for bringing it to the internet long before you. Or would you originally be from Arkansas by chance?

Never said I took credit for it .........I said I made it famous...... as is any of the verbage used by the World Famous Wonder Hisself.

The Wonder, enlightening the world one Topwater at a time. up

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2689225 10/24/11 10:07 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
So would that make you the "Topwater Wonder"?
peep

Anyway, glad you finally came to our side. wink

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Sniper John] #2689257 10/24/11 10:20 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
......Thanks John.

I've been called alot worse rofl

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Sniper John] #2691823 10/25/11 06:59 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
8. Clean up after yourself. Pick up your trash including empty hulls and leave the spot cleaner than when you got there. Public property belongs to all of us some be a conservationist. Besides, if you had a good hunt and you leave a lot of shells you just give away your spot to the next guy that comes by scouting.

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: TexasEd] #2691937 10/25/11 07:36 PM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: TexasEd
Besides, if you had a good hunt and you leave a lot of shells you just give away your spot to the next guy that comes by scouting.

thats why I pick up all my hulls, then dump them somewhere else where I know there are no birds. up

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: TexasEd] #2692565 10/25/11 11:33 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
8. Clean up after yourself. Pick up your trash including empty hulls and leave the spot cleaner than when you got there. Public property belongs to all of us some be a conservationist. Besides, if you had a good hunt leave a lot of shells and give away your spot to the next guy that comes by scouting.

I like to scout later in the day, when its warmed up. Help a brother out. up

[Linked Image]
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Hopedale] #2693777 10/26/11 12:53 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Hopedale

I like to scout later in the day, when its warmed up. Help a brother out. up

........works great in combination with boom scouting.

Follow the shots, then go look for hulls and wads floating in the water. Congrats, you've found the X!!

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: TexasEd] #2693897 10/26/11 01:43 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
8. Clean up after yourself. Pick up your trash including empty hulls and leave the spot cleaner than when you got there. Public property belongs to all of us some be a conservationist. Besides, if you had a good hunt and you leave a lot of shells you just give away your spot to the next guy that comes by scouting.

Took my kid and his buddy out scouting this past weekend, all they talked about was all the trash on the ground. Beer cans, broken bottles, fishing bait containers, fishing line, etc... Real sad. Never understood the donuts that shoot public signes with buck shot either.. hammer

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2694325 10/26/11 04:29 PM
J
Jager Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: 1 Year Wonder

...........Seent this on another forum and thought I'd post it here for all you public huntin topwaters.

Memorize these rules. There will be a test.

"In many respects, hunter etiquette can make or break the quality of shooting on public areas. If all hunters would observe the following rules, ducks would work in tighter, shots would be closer, and the pleasures of this sport would be more widely shared by all. Everything you learned in kindergarten about getting along with others applies in the duck blind, too.

1. Don’t encroach on someone else’s spot. If they got there first, go find another hole.

2. Quit calling when ducks are working another hunter’s spread. If he has their attention, let him have them.

3. Don’t be a sky-buster. Avoid taking shots that are at marginal range. Sky-busting is unsporting, and it results in too many cripples that aren’t recovered.

4. Don’t block boat ramps or parking areas any longer than necessary. Be ready to launch with all your gear loaded in, plug installed and straps undone when it’s your turn to launch.

5. Be respectful of hunters in boats with less horsepower than you have. When passing another boat, ease around it with as little wake as possible. Don’t shine a spotlight in another boat driver’s eyes.

6. Don’t violate a friend’s trust. If he takes you to a secret spot on a public area, don’t go back there without his knowledge or permission. And never take others there.

7. Remember that the Golden Rule certainly applies to hunting on public areas. In all regards, treat others as you would like to be treated. Such respectful behavior will translate into better hunting and greater pleasures for all who must share an area."

Well said. I really hope this is something everyone pays attention to, specially if you have kids with you PLEASE Try to set a good example for the young'nes. up

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2694332 10/26/11 04:32 PM
J
Jager Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Wonder
I searched it and it was a popular term on a couple arkansas related forums as well as some other mississippi corridor state's forums going back about as far as is still searchable. But sorry, it is obvious some guys from Arkansas would be the ones to take credit for bringing it to the internet long before you. Or would you originally be from Arkansas by chance?

Never said I took credit for it .........I said I made it famous...... as is any of the verbage used by the World Famous Wonder Hisself.

get over yourself mang,,, your head is getting too big to allow you to shoot straight wink

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Jager] #2694531 10/26/11 06:10 PM
W
Will Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: Jager
Wonder

get over yourself mang,,, your head is getting too big to allow you to shoot straight wink

rofl

Always chasing grey bullets.
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Will] #2694575 10/26/11 06:25 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You got to wonder (no pun intended) about anyone that talks about them self in 3rd person. scratch

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Jager] #2695494 10/26/11 11:50 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker

.......And this coming from a guy who is known as The Persian Playboy rofl

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #2697333 10/27/11 03:37 PM
J
Jager Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J

.......And this coming from a guy who is known as The Persian Playboy rofl

rofl

The nickname, "The Persian Playboy" was given to "The Persian Playboy" by his peers and coleagues because he is NOT a "top water" when it comes to Chicks...(not the Poultry kind)
The Persian Playboy does not claim to be a Playboy nor does he introduces himself as one...

also the Persian Playboy is now Married so your wives, daughters and girlfriends are somewhat safe laugh

There,,,
all written and referred to as a 3rd person like "Someone else" who we all know... wink

Last edited by Jager; 10/27/11 03:39 PM.
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: BuyEngelCoolers] #2697373 10/27/11 03:50 PM
J
Jager Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: BuyEngelCoolers
http://www.buyengelcoolers.com/ Hunting
- We’ve Got Your Gear
When you’re miles from the nearest town, or maybe even the nearest road, you’ve got to take it with you if you want to have it – and that includes ice. That’s why smart hunters choose Engel coolers. Proven to keep ice longer than other brands, Engel’s patented features and durable, bear-proof construction, are built to keep ice for 8-10 days. Available in six sizes, you’ll find an Engel cooler that’s just right for your next hunt. Now available in desert tan with Camo seat cushions.

what's the name of that nasty meat that comes in square shaped tin cans?

Last edited by Jager; 10/27/11 03:50 PM.
Re: ......Public Hunting Etiquette for Topwaters [Re: Jager] #2697622 10/27/11 05:27 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker

.......... the Persian Playboy is now Married so your wives, daughters and girlfriends are somewhat safe laugh

.......somewhat safe? rofl rofl rofl rofl

I guess that means the Persian Playboy may be called back into action if need be? rofl rofl

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide