Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Crows [Re: KYBLUEFAN] #1767400 10/22/10 06:00 AM
D
DeuceDeuce Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
May need to plant a weapon on the bodies...if they were armed it'd take all the guesswork out of it...

Re: Crows [Re: KYBLUEFAN] #1767931 10/22/10 02:36 PM
T
TXHC Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: KYBLUEFAN
crows, or magpies may be controlled without a federal or state depredation permit when found committing or about to commit depredations on ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.

Two together is a nuisance because they make to much noise so they are a noise nuisance. grin

How bout this one....they are ugly as heck so that is a nuisence rofl

IF I DONT SUCEED I WILL DIE TRYING
Re: Crows [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1768781 10/22/10 07:22 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Originally Posted By: jeh7mmmag
I would like to see that in B&W from TPWLD or Legis??

You asked.

From
http://www.crowbusters.com/begart5.htm

"In addition, the taking of crows under the depredation order must comply with the conditions listed in Section 21.41(c). As an example, while decoys, calls, other devices to entice birds within gun range, and rifles may be allowed during a sport season, they are specifically prohibited under the depredation order by Section 21.41 (c). The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) feels the basis for these restrictions is that it would be counterproductive to lure or entice crows into an area already experiencing depredation problems. Other requirements of that subsection, such as retrieval and disposition, must also be met. Certain severe depredation problems can allow exceptions through obtaining a permit by application. Be mindful that these restrictions apply when you are helping a landowner with his depredation problem. Since states can be more restrictive, please check with your state game enforcement officer first."

-----

That said, some of the depredation requirements in Federal regulation is not enforced by TPWD. Or the interpretation is not agreed on by the State. Same as the Federal regulation that posession limits on waterfowl include birds stored at your residence as part of your posession limit is also not enforced or agreed on by TPWD. If I remember, JJ does have TPWD permission for his guided Crow hunts. But if you write USFW with the questions. They will say you can't hunt crows with calls and decoys under depredation. Same if you write them with the question on posession limits of waterfowl. But I am not aware of either Federal determination having ever been enforced in Texas.

Re: Crows [Re: Sniper John] #1770437 10/23/10 05:03 AM
W
WhiskeyandMe Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Originally Posted By: jeh7mmmag
I would like to see that in B&W from TPWLD or Legis??

You asked.

From
http://www.crowbusters.com/begart5.htm

"In addition, the taking of crows under the depredation order must comply with the conditions listed in Section 21.41(c). As an example, while decoys, calls, other devices to entice birds within gun range, and rifles may be allowed during a sport season, they are specifically prohibited under the depredation order by Section 21.41 (c). The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) feels the basis for these restrictions is that it would be counterproductive to lure or entice crows into an area already experiencing depredation problems. Other requirements of that subsection, such as retrieval and disposition, must also be met. Certain severe depredation problems can allow exceptions through obtaining a permit by application. Be mindful that these restrictions apply when you are helping a landowner with his depredation problem. Since states can be more restrictive, please check with your state game enforcement officer first."

-----

That said, some of the depredation requirements in Federal regulation is not enforced by TPWD. Or the interpretation is not agreed on by the State. Same as the Federal regulation that posession limits on waterfowl include birds stored at your residence as part of your posession limit is also not enforced or agreed on by TPWD. If I remember, JJ does have TPWD permission for his guided Crow hunts. But if you write USFW with the questions. They will say you can't hunt crows with calls and decoys under depredation. Same if you write them with the question on posession limits of waterfowl. But I am not aware of either Federal determination having ever been enforced in Texas.

John, you are correct I have called and talked to one of the "head" TP&W GW's and he told me as long as there is a "TWO" in any one place causing a nuisance (SP) then you can hunt them...I asked about "calls and decoys" and he said and I quote "I see no reason why you couldn't use decoys and a call"

I have also talked to the local GW and he said, "that's fine with me"... up

Plus, they are eating up our pecans and I have to "PROTECT" my pecan trees!! confused2

J.J.

(BTW, Ivan I had a great time today as well, and look forward to next time) up

Looking for a Deer, Dove, Duck, Crow, Goose, Hog, or Turkey Hunt? Check us out! www.kentoutdoors.com

Re: Crows [Re: WhiskeyandMe] #1770475 10/23/10 05:40 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yeah, who wants a pecan with depredation all over it. grin

Re: Crows [Re: Guy] #1771034 10/23/10 05:08 PM
H
hntnfsh Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
H
Good to know, darn things are eating my sweet pecans and the wife is gettin pretty mad.....

Re: Crows [Re: hntnfsh] #1867528 11/27/10 04:51 PM
G
greggtex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Guys, have a large amount of crows being a nuisance every day where I live. What calls do you suggest. Don't want to spend big dollars on electronic. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Crows [Re: greggtex] #1867585 11/27/10 05:24 PM
C
cockerfan Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I'd love to come help you take out some of those crows! I hunted them all the time back in IA, but all of the equipment belongs to a friend who now lives in New Mexico. I've actually had pretty good success just using my voice though. Let me know if you need any shootin' help smile

If the birds haven't been hunted, they should be pretty easy to bring in close at the start. Once they get smart, that's when decoys become important (IMO).

Re: Crows [Re: cockerfan] #1939809 12/21/10 03:51 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I've had good luck with the crow call on my Foxpro Spitfire. Just to see them buzz the call.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide