Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dirty Trick but it were funny! #1746267 10/14/10 01:05 AM
H
Hopedale Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Got a 4-wheeler I keep in Louisiana, which when I visit the folks place, I like to take the kiddos for rides on.

My Uncle decides to clean up and misplaces my key. Not happy.

Later that year, deer season is open in that area of the state. Pay back time.

In the back of my Grandparents house is about 2000 or so pine timber woods with some hardwoods mixed in. My key misplacing Uncle had set up some real nice food plots and shooting lanes.

Oh the joy of having my Dad email this photo with the subject line, "Food Plots Worked" Hopedale got a nice deer.

LOL, my cell phone started ringing. No I did not shoot this deer, but saw this pic somewhere and got the idea.

What pranks have you pulled on folks you hunt with?

[Linked Image]
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Hopedale] #1746290 10/14/10 01:12 AM
T
TooLow Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Good prank there Hopedale

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: TooLow] #1746343 10/14/10 01:27 AM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
To funny.

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: notamtchance] #1746393 10/14/10 01:41 AM
Gumbeaux Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Opening day of dove season this year, me and another buddy ganged up on a third. Buddy #1 put a rattlesnake ring tone on his phone and hid it under Buddy #2's stool before first light. As we're sitting there, waiting on shooting light, I start calling the phone. Buddy #2 about soiled himself. He jumped and up and started looking anxiously in the dark under his stool from a good distance. I got in 4 or 5 calls and kept it going a few hilarious minutes. He was just about ready to start shooting blindly around his stool when we had to step in to save the phone.

[Linked Image]
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Gumbeaux] #1746418 10/14/10 01:48 AM
T
TooLow Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Oh that is an awesome prank there, I have got to try that on one of my hunting buddies next year.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Gumbeaux] #1746419 10/14/10 01:48 AM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: Gumbeaux
Opening day of dove season this year, me and another buddy ganged up on a third. Buddy #1 put a rattlesnake ring tone on his phone and hid it under Buddy #2's stool before first light. As we're sitting there, waiting on shooting light, I start calling the phone. Buddy #2 about soiled himself. He jumped and up and started looking anxiously in the dark under his stool from a good distance. I got in 4 or 5 calls and kept it going a few hilarious minutes. He was just about ready to start shooting blindly around his stool when we had to step in to save the phone.

Now that is funny, but it would have killed TxKiller.

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: notamtchance] #1746539 10/14/10 02:29 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I had a buck I was trying to get in Mason Co back in the 80's. Both my Uncle and I had seen it, but could get a shot. At the end of the season, we bring our deer back home and my Dad and I had the idea to take a doe and tape some horns on her. Get home, hang the deer up to start processing(deer are in cloth bags) and called my Uncle to come see "him". The doe could have been 1/2 sized of the buck, but my uncle takes it down and looks at it, says how big the horns are, how small the deer is and how his horns are big because of the small body... does everything but unwrap her/him.

Still doesn't have a clue to this day it was a doe!

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: notamtchance] #1746545 10/14/10 02:30 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
This was not planned but still funny. This did not happen to me but to a friend of mine who was on his bow hunt on his ranch in South Texas. He was dropped of early sitting in brush blind just outside the feed pen about 30 minutes before daylight. All excited and then cold fear hits him...left his arrows in the truck as the lights fade into the distance. No cell phone in those days so he sits and has 7 bucks in range with one really great one and all he gets to do is to draw and practice on them with no arrows. Next day same blind but with full quiver of arrows. Still dark and deer crunching on corn and waiting on light in the pitch black to pick him one buck out when a snake crawls into the blind with him accross his feet and as he jumps up and lets out some *&^%# tones deer bust in all directions, bow goes one way , chair another and blind is demolished. Next day no deer show up. He had a couple of more mishaps that year also but I will save them for another time.

Last edited by stxranchman; 10/14/10 02:33 AM.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: stxranchman] #1746565 10/14/10 02:40 AM
K
KennyLee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
I've got a buddy (more a friend of a friend, but I've heard about this a few times) who works for a company that owns a large amount of commercial real estate. A few years ago, he had a retail store that went out of business and moved out. Of course, like most businesses that fail, they left behind a ton of stuff. Being a retail store, they left behind mannequins.

Well, my buddy loaded up a few and took them to his ranch. I was never there for this, but basically he would stage them in different places: Outside a window, in a shower, in a deer stand, etc.

Imagine climbing up a tower stand, opening a door, and seeing a lifeless figure sitting in your chair.

Demented, but funny.

We don't play many jokes anymore, but I remember several from my younger, more alcohol induced days. Favorite was likely writing on folks foreheads while they slept or coating their armpit with toothpaste after they passed out. I was blessed with the ability to almost always be the last to sleep.

Last edited by KennyLee; 10/14/10 02:43 AM.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: KennyLee] #1746599 10/14/10 02:53 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Here is another one that was a prank pulled. A friend had a larger ranch in South Texas that always invited his friends to hunt and help him shoot management bucks and does. He had a mutual friend who was a local police officer in his home town who was a practical joker as was our friend. So that year in Sept the policeman played a joke on his rancher friend and got him good. So our rancher friend vowed to me that he was going to get him back. So we schemed and came up with a mounted deer hid in the brush to fool him with. We took an old management buck mount and tied it up in a tree out off of the road about 130 or so yds. It looked great and we always hunted out of top drive. So we had to test it out on 4 or 5 guinea pigs first. It was hidden so well and good the first time we did not "see" it right away. Some guys shot this buck as many as 4 times! One guy and I quote here-" yeah I seem him and I see his shoulders"! So I said shoot him in the shoulders. rifle So he did and as with all of the shots they always "missed" everytime and the rancher would always say "you shot over him, shoot him again" and again and again. So they big day comes for payback. The rancher drives up on the buck and just by luck a doe bolts out of the brush right were the buck is standing and I point and say there is a buck chasing that doe. The ranchers says shoot him he is a great management buck. So the buddy lines up since all he can see is neck and fires once and the usual come out "you shot over him shoot again" comes out. Well he fires one more round really quickly and same response comes out but he does not reload. He looks at his rifle with a blank stare in on his face and his mouth is open and then he looks at us we say got you..and the cussing started. He would not speak to us for a bit but then he laughed about with us. You know in all the fun and shooting everyone that shot at the buck hit him in the neck when they aimed for it. Some good shooting I must say.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: stxranchman] #1746672 10/14/10 03:24 AM
H
HAWKEYE911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
We had a guy on our lease that is afraid of the woods at night. Go figure? We rented a gorilla suit and ran in front of his trail cam during the night for 3 nights in a row. Stayed just far enough back where you could tell it was something standing upright but couldn't see it really clear. You know,like real Bigfoot pictures. When he looked at the pics on his SD card,he began to sweat and tremble. He wouldn't go into the woods at all,even in the daylight. The next weekend,we showed him the pics that we took of the creature in camp,thinking he would understand it was a joke. Well,he didn't. He thought the creature had followed him in from the woods. We finally went back to the shop and took pics of one of us with the suit on without the head. Damn he was pissed. He lost almost 2 good weeks of hunting. But,he says it still bothers him more to go into the woods now. Never said he was bright.

Support Your Local Junkyard Dawgs M/C
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: HAWKEYE911] #1746710 10/14/10 03:39 AM
H
HAWKEYE911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
We had a guy on a day lease for a weekend once when we needed 6 people for a whole weekend hunt so we could have the place to our selves. Had a cabin with 3 sets of bunks in it. My friend told me the guy was a very deep sleeper . The wheels started to turn. He slept in the top bunk. The first night was un eventful,but we noticed when the old double bell wind-up alarm clock went off in the morning,he almost fell out of bed.The next night,with a little help from Jack Daniels,we got him to bed and sound asleep. During the night,the rest of us put his bed up on cinder blocks to raise it a ft. and a half.One of the guys set the alarm on his phone and we got up about 20 minutes early. The phone alarm didn't phase his buddy at all. But when the big alarm clock went off,he raised straight up and slammed his head on the ceiling. Kinda cruel,but was funny as all get out. He slept on the sofa the rest of the trip.

Support Your Local Junkyard Dawgs M/C
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: HAWKEYE911] #1746734 10/14/10 03:47 AM
G
grins Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Not a hunting story, but a good prank nonetheless...I would go to my cousin's house alot as a kid and we would ride horses. One time during the summer (it had to be over 100 degrees) we were riding in a pasture and came upon a huge oak tree. He stopped and told me that an old woman asked him to bury some money for her and that he had burried the money under this tree. We got down and started digging. After a considerable amount of digging, he sat back and told me to keep on, that he was going to rest for a bit. I dug up part of a trash bag and got all excited. He told me that yes, he had burried the money in a trash bag. I dug enough to get my hands under it and lifted, and about that time the stench hit me. He had burried something alright, but it was the old woman's poodle. I lost my lunch that day, and he still laughs about it 35 years later!

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: HAWKEYE911] #1746745 10/14/10 03:52 AM
8th1 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
My cousin would shoot coons at night down by the creek behind our deer camp. My son (14) and I put 2 glow in the dark thumb tacks on a stump down there to make it look like a coon. We went with him that night and my son carried the rifle. My cousin kept saying "shoot him, shoot him" until he walked almost up to the stump and we busted out laughing. He was mad. He said he would get me back sometime.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: HAWKEYE911] #1746755 10/14/10 03:54 AM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Deer & Elk trip. Camping between Ridgeway and Montrose Colorado with friends from Montrose. Weather turned nasty and we were around the fire passing a bottle of homemade wine back & forth while standing in a foot of snow with the temp in the mid 20's.

When we all were pretty well cooked we decided to turn in. All of us, except my brother-in-law, took a whiz. About 1am, my BIL has almost waited to long to go pee and hurries out of the tent in his underwear and boots. It was one of those that just took forever and I could hear him saying things like "come on", "hurry", "hurry" "dang it's cold".

Well.....my sleeping bag is right next to the tent door. So I reached out and zipped the door shut and then zipped the inside screen shut. He came stumbling back to the tent telling god about the cold and saying some bad things about someone's mother and their dog. When he hit that door it all came loose.

My friends were in the tent too and by this time we were all in stitches. Gentlemen - that was over 30yrs ago and I'm still waiting for him to get even for that one. Enjoy!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: 8th1] #1746784 10/14/10 04:05 AM
W
wingnut Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
My now ex brother in law Bud was highly competitive when it came to hunting. He was what is called a "one-upper". He always had to come out on top, and he couldn't stand it otherwise. Bud, BIL #2, and I were dove hunting. Zero birds were coming in, so Bud decides to break off on his own and walk across the thick brushy pasture to another place. After Bud left, a big flock of blackbirds landed by us and I fired into them and killed about 25 or 30 of them. Me and BIL #2 dressed all of them, cleaned up the evidence, and had the breasts spread out on the open tailgate of the truck when Bud came walking back with his 5 or 6 dove. You couldn't tell these from dove breasts. Boy was he pi$$ed when he thought we had killed more dove than him, and was twice as pi$$ed when he found out later what we really did.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: wingnut] #1746824 10/14/10 04:34 AM
M
mike9582 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Last year I took my 13yo son to the lease. The weekend before I had set up a turkey decoy on the other side of a rocky draw from camp, about 200 yds. away. When we got to camp my son saw the "turkey" He wanted a gun to shoot it. I told him that turkeys were dumb, and that he just needed to get a rock, and sneak up on it real slow. So he went off down the draw crawling slow with rock in hand. He couldnt see the turkey for the last half of the stalk, to see it wasnt real. Then he popped up in the other side of the draw about ten yards away from the decoy. He thought he was something special until he realized he'd been had. It was funny he was real embarrassed, but I am sure he will get me before too long.

guns kill people, like spoons made Rosie O'donnel fat.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: mike9582] #1746912 10/14/10 07:41 AM
T
Taylored Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
A buddies dad and his friend were playing pranks back and forth for a couple seasons at our deer lease. Well the friend decided he would try and get one in one day while him and another guy were walking to the stand. He went and took a crap under my friends dads feeder. He had on some overalls with a hood and when he was walking back over to where the other guy was standing by the trail he flipped his hood up and the crap hit him right in the face. Next time I bet he makes sure his hood is out of the way when he does something like this.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Taylored] #1747172 10/14/10 01:28 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I was on a friends lease about 12 years or so ago now as a guest one time in South Texas and 2 of the hunters had a friendly rivalry going. One was from UT and the other from A&M so you can guess how it was going. One weekend in the rut the A&M hunter could not get to the lease till after dark and had not been in 2 weeks. He was exicited to hear that the rut was going and the bucks were moving really well. He got to his blind the next morning in the pitch black corned the roads and was waiting on daylight watching his feeder pen hidden back in the brush off of the roads. As it started to get a light, he noticed something was not right. After daylight he was PO'd to find that his UT buddy had place orange and white survey tape on every post, every bush, every tree and on his feeder along with a large orange and white bullseye with a large orange and white arrow pointed at it saying "Shoot Here" along with the score from that years game. He was not very happy that morning and spent all morning cleaning it up.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: stxranchman] #1747263 10/14/10 02:04 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
One night the Jack Daniels was flowly freely. One buddy finally went to bed around 1am. We set his alarm, watch, and phone 4 hours ahead. The rest of us got dressed in our hunting clothes and waited until his alarm went off at what he thought was 6am. He got up, got dressed, drank a cup of coffee and went to his blind. The rest of us went back to bed and got 4 hours of sleep.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Dry Fire] #1747467 10/14/10 03:19 PM
L
lkendrick Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
One night the Jack Daniels was flowly freely. One buddy finally went to bed around 1am. We set his alarm, watch, and phone 4 hours ahead. The rest of us got dressed in our hunting clothes and waited until his alarm went off at what he thought was 6am. He got up, got dressed, drank a cup of coffee and went to his blind. The rest of us went back to bed and got 4 hours of sleep.

Man, That's harsh lol. He must not be too bright to have not noticed the time on a different clock.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Dry Fire] #1747505 10/14/10 03:38 PM
R
rkcurbow Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R

That's funny. I will have to try this one.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: Dry Fire] #1747524 10/14/10 03:48 PM
K
KennyLee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K

Sadly, I've been the victim of this. I figured it out when I was about 15-20 minutes from the house and noticed the clock in the car.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: KennyLee] #1747528 10/14/10 03:53 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I collected all my spent shell casings from sighting my rifle in one year and the first weekend my buddy did not show up to hunt I put all the spent casings in his box stand. He was not too happy when he showed up the next weekend.

Re: Dirty Trick but it were funny! [Re: rkcurbow] #1747536 10/14/10 03:58 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I had a friend put a fake band on a dove and toss it in my buddy's pile. I was done with my birds quick and decided to help him and pick up the bird and walked back over toward my beer. Made sure to say, what's this crap on his leg, as I pulled it off and chunked it in the fire. Thought there was going to be a killing.

this one is only hunting related because it happened while on a hunting trip. I had a guy who had been talking some cash smack to me on a dove hunt and he knew I wouldn't mouth at him with my FIL around. So while we are in the store buying some cooking supplies I go back to automotive and pick up some zipties. Well a cold front was blowing in and we were supposed to be getting bad weather and storms around the time we left to go hunting the next morning. Well the guy talking smack wasn't going hunting with us the next morning and was going to hit the road to head back home. I stayed up about 2 hours after the guy's lights went out and went outside and grabbed some 3/4" plastic banding material I had seen hanging out of the dumpster my truck was park next to, cut off about a 2' long section, tied a cpl knots in it and ziptied that sucker to his drive shaft. He still doesn't know which one of us did it, but he was blowing ppl's phones up the next morning while we were out hunting saying how low it was to make someone get out of their truck in that downpour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide