Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: BMowatt] #1706131 09/28/10 10:28 PM
J
jigfish Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
How are you checking out the O ring? I have rage and never had the opertunity to shoot one.

Thanks, Jigfish

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!!!
Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: hoyt1991] #1706150 09/28/10 10:34 PM
S
Stick-n-String Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: hoyt1991
Originally Posted By: Stick-n-String
I hate them everyone on our lease has had problems with them and not being able to find there deer. I am using the three blade piston point-trophy ridge meat seekers.

Thats a problem with shot placement regardless of broadhead. Rage is about 3/4" when closed, which is more than enough to kill a deer even if, big if, it doesn't open. That being said there really isn't a way for that head to not open. There are a lot of people out there that say the make good shots but when you go to help them recover the animal and find the gut smell all over their arrow. If you don't find a deer it is because of a bad shot.

i will have to disagree with you. we watched a guy stalk a doe and he shot her at 25 yards. we all watched the arrow when it hit and it was a good shot put didn't penetrate cause the broadhead didn't open up......and that was after the same guy had shot a doe with a rage and it didn't open up either. i have 6 people to witness it. needless to say we wasted our money on the rage broadheads so i just keep a couple in my quiver just shot at a hog or something to try to get rid of all the ones i got......so take it how you want it this is just mine a group of hunters opinion that truly have tested them out.

Once again wouldn't matter if it opened or not. He made a bad shot or had a really crappy bow. The broadhead not opening didn't make any loss of penetration or KE. Now if he hit it square in leg bone that could cause this but can't blame that on any broadhead.

Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: BMowatt] #1706162 09/28/10 10:39 PM
Alec Castonguay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
LOVE these broadheads. the only thing i would change is penetration but if you can make a good shot there is no need to worry about penetration.

Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: smackindoes] #1706184 09/28/10 10:51 PM
S
Smiling Mallard Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: smackindoes
anyone wanna buy 6 new rage 2 blades in a case.. lol i guess i got sucked in by the hype?? heck im scared to shoot them now..

I'll buy all you got. They really are Effen teribble heads...really...I can't wait to remind myself how $hitty they are again this coming weekend!!!...if you really want to get rid of them, I'll really buy them...of course for 1/2 price cause they suck soooooo bad...It's like throwing an ax through and animal....Yeah right!! Sure it is...Come on sell them to me!!!. laugh

"Call 'em up close and shoot 'em in the face"
Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: hoyt1991] #1706528 09/29/10 12:55 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Stick-n-String
I hate them everyone on our lease has had problems with them and not being able to find there deer. I am using the three blade piston point-trophy ridge meat seekers.

Thats a problem with shot placement regardless of broadhead. Rage is about 3/4" when closed, which is more than enough to kill a deer even if, big if, it doesn't open. That being said there really isn't a way for that head to not open. There are a lot of people out there that say the make good shots but when you go to help them recover the animal and find the gut smell all over their arrow. If you don't find a deer it is because of a bad shot.

i will have to disagree with you. we watched a guy stalk a doe and he shot her at 25 yards. we all watched the arrow when it hit and it was a good shot put didn't penetrate cause the broadhead didn't open up......and that was after the same guy had shot a doe with a rage and it didn't open up either. i have 6 people to witness it. needless to say we wasted our money on the rage broadheads so i just keep a couple in my quiver just shot at a hog or something to try to get rid of all the ones i got......so take it how you want it this is just mine a group of hunters opinion that truly have tested them out.

I'm gonna have to call bs on that one

🍻
Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #1706620 09/29/10 01:13 AM
C
crankn101 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I have some brand new in package muzzy 3 blade 100 grain and also the 100 grain 4 blade. If anyone wants to trade some 2 blade Rage, give me a PM.

This is for real... Thanks Dustin

I also have some 100 grain Thunder heads, new in pack.

Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: BMowatt] #1706844 09/29/10 02:06 AM
H
hansond Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
no problems yet only shot 1 doe with them and it dropped her in her tracks.

has anyone noticed shooting the rage practice tips that dont open having at least twice as much penetration on the target than a regular field point. at 20 yds i shoot all the way thru the block target

Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: hansond] #1707196 09/29/10 03:32 AM
C
Chuck P Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I have purchased a set of 2-blade Rage 125 grain and was looking at how they set in the o-rings. Are there any special tips or tricks. It looks pretty striaght forward but this will be the first time I have shot them. Any response will be appreciated.

Re: Rage Broadheads [Re: Chuck P] #1707366 09/29/10 05:35 AM
T
TX_Kevin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Timber Trout
I have purchased a set of 2-blade Rage 125 grain and was looking at how they set in the o-rings. Are there any special tips or tricks. It looks pretty striaght forward but this will be the first time I have shot them. Any response will be appreciated.

Just follow the directions on the package. Push the blades in until they click. Once they click, they are set. They'll open when they hit the animal, and not before.

My only comment on the success or failure of the Rage 2 Blades is that I'd prefer to shoot them from a bow with a higher KE, and a reasonably heavy shaft - none of that light stuff. I took a quartering to shot 2 years ago, entered the right shoulder and exited the left hip and took some ribs with it. Watched him fall about 30 yards from the point of impact, so I didn't have to blood trail him. Small cull buck yes, but I was kind of surprised to find the arrow 15 yards beyond the first blood. I could have shoved a couple of t-posts all the way through that silly thing.

Those of you concerned with shooting the Rage, don't be. They fly exactly like you field points, and that can give you an edge in hitting exactly where you want to hit, and they do some damage. I'll probably have 2 Rages, 2 Slick Tricks, and 2 Shuttle T-Locks in my quiver. I will try to kill at least one with each head. I just like a little variety. What the heck, right?

Last edited by TX_Kevin; 09/29/10 05:37 AM.

TX_Kevin
Every day above ground is a good day...
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide