Forums46
Topics538,781
Posts9,741,136
Members87,113
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: quackattack] #1680982 09/19/10 01:33 PM
F
Featherduster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted By: quackattack
Originally Posted By: ducknbass
You are lucky really lucky can't believe you called him rude. He should have could have taken everything you owned and called the federals and you would not have had an untouched orfice on your body. You should be thanking him. I hope he reads your post and next time doesn't give you slack for being ignorant to the laws.
what an azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,sounds like you have had the orafice search before.........

Took the words right out of my mouth

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Featherduster] #1681003 09/19/10 01:47 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Yeah I'm an a_______ for telling you you got off lucky. I possesed lead by accident once during a teal hunt. Full box none missing I got a ticket gw explained he was supposed to take my gun shells all birds and call the federals. You know what I did? I thanked him not got in a website and played Internet tough guy and cried about being yelled at.

Okay I re read my post may have been a little strong. But the point is the gw did Jim a favor and if he reads this post he probably will not be so lucky next time. A little scolding for breaking a federal law should make him happy not get online and say the gw was rude

Last edited by ducknbass; 09/19/10 03:27 PM.
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: ducknbass] #1681053 09/19/10 02:17 PM
I
Inky Doc Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Maybe this is 'liberal thinking' but I think it is rather silly to think that just because an individueal is a GW doesn't mean he knows the law any better than a hunter. There have been several times I have asked different GWs the same question and gotten a variety of answers. I am not knocking GWs, just simply saying that there are flaws in their system and things are open to interpretation.

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Inky Doc] #1681251 09/19/10 04:33 PM
R
R.G.C. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Grey
Maybe this is 'liberal thinking' but I think it is rather silly to think that just because an individueal is a GW doesn't mean he knows the law any better than a hunter. There have been several times I have asked different GWs the same question and gotten a variety of answers. I am not knocking GWs, just simply saying that there are flaws in their system and things are open to interpretation.

You are correct they are HUMAN AND GOING TO MAKE MISTAKES JUST LIKE YOU AND ME. No one is perfect so like it has already been said consider yourself lucky. I was on my way to the lake last night to see what was flying and seen the GW for that area and asked him about this and he said we are correct in it can't be on your person while in the field. Truck is fine said if you get a ticket for that take it to court and fight it. He also said if it would have been him you would not have gotten off so lucky. So quit crying and thinking your the victim and just get back to hunting.And next time you see said GW tell him thank you for pointing out YOUR mistake and going easy on you. 2cents

Last edited by R.G.C.; 09/19/10 04:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: R.G.C.] #1681300 09/19/10 05:09 PM
T
TreeBass Online Content
Old Weller
Online Content
Old Weller
T
I'd say someone got very lucky and should not be whining on a public site where several game wardens frequent.

Better to be chewed out than arrested, and lose everything, including hunting rights.

Ignorance is no excuse for the law....just saying

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: TreeBass] #1681369 09/19/10 05:37 PM
D
deckhand Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Strange?? I have never had an encounter with a Texas G.W. that did not conduct himself in a professional manner. It always seems that those that complain about a G.W. in a given situation did in fact have a violation. It is like complaining about a speeding ticket. If you are doing 71 in a marked 70 you did break the law,and subject to a citation. If you have a problem with the conduct of a G.W. notify his/her district office. For the life of me I can not understand complaining about being in violation and only getting a verbal warning. He could have cussed me like a dog and let me go I would be happy all the way to house still in possession of my hunting gear. 2cents

http://www.resole.com/ They can fix a pair of boots!
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: deckhand] #1681482 09/19/10 06:37 PM
A
aabass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Guys Im not saying I was innocent in the manner of not haveing them and could of suffered major consiquences of the actions. Trust me Im verry aware and greatfull of the out come of the situation. Since then I took all my lead shot and removed it all from anyplace truck, garage, boat and picked up the random one or 2 in the house. They are locked away from any waterfowl equipment. So this would never accur again. Like I said I'm a newbie yesterday was my very first waterfowl hunt and I always abide by laws. So it was just a very well lessoned learned and I did thank him for the understanding and generosity that was granted to me.
Sure I said he was rude not for doin his job but by the verbal yelling. That's all. I didn't think of me posting this was for me and others to vent but for others read and know the law of not haveing lead on them while hunting waterfowl. So it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Once again I'm new to the sport and want to make the best out of it. I don't want to just learn and ask people about the hunting but the legal stuff too. So any help or Websites you can turn me to would be helpfull. I don't want another incident like this to happen again

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: ducknbass] #1681592 09/19/10 07:33 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
A little scolding for breaking a federal law should make him happy not get online and say the gw was rude

i believe there is a difference between scolding and yelling at someone. IF the GW yelled at him, to me that would be very unprofessional! But, were only hearing one side of the conversation!

Maybe just me though

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: aabass] #1681788 09/19/10 09:03 PM
R
robbf213 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: aabass
So any help or Websites you can turn me to would be helpfull. I don't want another incident like this to happen again

Lots of info here grin
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/waterfowl/methods/

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: hoof n wings] #1681815 09/19/10 09:13 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
A little scolding for breaking a federal law should make him happy not get online and say the gw was rude

i believe there is a difference between scolding and yelling at someone. IF the GW yelled at him, to me that would be very unprofessional! But, were only hearing one side of the conversation!

Maybe just me though

x2

I'd lay money the GW didn't "yell at you." Stern and to the point, more than likely. You make it sound like he went drill sergeant on you and got in your face yelling and screaming like a mad man. More than likely, I doubt it didn't happen like that. I have met many GWs and seen many others get checked well within earshot, never once have I heard any "yelling."

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Cochise] #1681821 09/19/10 09:18 PM
A
aabass Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
A
Yeah your right and the lesson was learned

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: aabass] #1682032 09/19/10 11:32 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
gotta step lightly in the migratory section aabass...some of these guys are pretty high strung

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Ramball36] #1682120 09/20/10 12:15 AM
R
R.G.C. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
gotta step lightly in the migratory section aabass...some of these guys are pretty high strung

hanged

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: aabass] #1682439 09/20/10 01:46 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Were you hunting around Albany or Breckenridge? Sounds like our GM.

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Ramball36] #1682664 09/20/10 02:53 AM
A
aussie1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
gotta step lightly in the migratory section aabass...some of these guys are way too high strung

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by aussie1; 09/20/10 02:54 AM.
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: deerslay3r] #1682942 09/20/10 08:22 AM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
You got lucky man! I was hunting public land once and had a nice buck walk out and drink outta the pond honestly 35yd's from our duck blind. So I threw the buckshot in the satchel from then on! Hey it's deer season and duck season and both legal game where we were hunting, right? Wrong Slapped it to me for possession of lead shot while migratory bird hunting! Almost $300 to Wise County!

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: KeithTT] #1683078 09/20/10 12:33 PM
C
ccvidimos Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
lesson well learned. everyone's gotta learn somehow

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: ccvidimos] #1684003 09/20/10 06:46 PM
B
BigAL33 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
When I hunt both doves and teal, I go all steel, in the blind and in the truck. I don't carry any lead at all. #6 steel works pretty good for doves!

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: aabass] #1684017 09/20/10 06:53 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
You think he was "rude"...

I think he was pretty nice to you! He didn't write you a ticket for having lead shot, and he probably could have done more than just write a ticket.

I say you should consider yourself lucky.

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #1684115 09/20/10 07:31 PM
B
bjepsen85 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
At least he didn't put on the rubber gloves and do a real search!

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: bjepsen85] #1684135 09/20/10 07:36 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I would take the [censored] chewing in lieu of the ticket any day.

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: ducknbass] #1684465 09/20/10 09:19 PM
Team Hillbilly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Yeah I'm an a_______ for telling you you got off lucky. I possesed lead by accident once during a teal hunt. Full box none missing I got a ticket gw explained he was supposed to take my gun shells all birds and call the federals. You know what I did? I thanked him not got in a website and played Internet tough guy and cried about being yelled at.

Okay I re read my post may have been a little strong. But the point is the gw did Jim a favor and if he reads this post he probably will not be so lucky next time. A little scolding for breaking a federal law should make him happy not get online and say the gw was rude

well said btw try to keep from bashing the GW he's only doing his job,he could have taken everything boat truck and all,then turned him over to the feds.

Last edited by Team Hillbilly; 09/20/10 09:21 PM.

Team Hillbilly
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Team Hillbilly] #1684502 09/20/10 09:35 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
.........I hate it when kids say that someone "yelled" at them.

Usually that means that an authority figure got on their azz, in a normal voice, for doing something stupid.

"Yelling" is when a drill sargent is one inch away your face screaming at the top of his lungs....thats yelling

Last edited by 1 Year Wonder; 09/20/10 09:36 PM.

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: Inky Doc] #1684564 09/20/10 09:54 PM
R
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Originally Posted By: Grey

Well a GW "should" know the law better than an individual but IF he "thinks" you are wrong and he is right HE has the option to write you a citation and let you and the judge figure out who is right...

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.
Re: Im the newbie and almost got a ticket.on Teal and Dove hunt. [Re: aabass] #1684592 09/20/10 10:09 PM
A
ArkansasTraveler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: aabass

So any help or Websites you can turn me to would be helpfull.

A simple Google search will tell you everything you need to know about spell check.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide