Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: longhorn_cop] #1607215 08/19/10 01:39 AM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
I'll pass. It just is not worth it.

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: Stompy] #1607250 08/19/10 01:51 AM
H
huntindude Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
"Just the standard local cop $20 every now and then."

This statement alone will keep me from ever going there.

Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: huntindude] #1608154 08/19/10 03:31 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: huntindude
"Just the standard local cop $20 every now and then."

This statement alone will keep me from ever going there.

That, and the guilty until proven inocent part, along with you have O rights over there being an American, kind of kills it for me also!

Look! I know it's some of you guys livelyhood by depending on hunting over there, but with all that is going on with the rising violence, it is a risk no matter how you slice it, and comparing it to taking risks every day over here, you won't convince me it's the same, and I have a CHL and can pack as much firepower as my little Jeep can carry? Well, I'm sorry, but in a hundred years I could not see the similarities!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: Stompy] #1609634 08/20/10 01:45 AM
M
matt117 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Stompy
I agree Longhorn.

Jimbo, it's not that bad man. I would say you have a much better chance of coming back from Mexico than from a war. I know where your coming from but I have a friend that lives on his hunting ranch 2 months during season and is at the border every week to pick up hunters. In 20 years he's never had any major trouble. Just the standard local cop $20 every now and then.
He also goes about once every couple of months during off season just to check on things. In fact, I know a lot of people that cross the border to hunt and can't recall anything bad. It could happen but IMO I think it's sensationalized quite a bit..

Just an FYi...

All U.S Military are not allowed to travel to the border towns anymore. So you can go to war for the country but they deem it too dangerous to travel there for pleasure. And if we defied that standing order they would not pay our life insurance out. So on the intel that is available to them they know it's a bad idea and order us not to travel there. And more mexicans have died in this little drug war than US military have in the last 9 years, by at least 4 times.

Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: matt117] #1611323 08/20/10 09:50 PM
D
darrack Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I live i9n el paso and let me tell you not everything that happens is in the papers. There are hundreds of people that have been kidnapped from the states and killed in mexico. They say it stays over there, not really. We have had plenty of people travel to mexico and be killed and the statement put out was that the vehicle was bullet ridden and three were killed because the car looked like one that the cartel was looking for. They are not asking for names or if your american. If they shoot you by accident who is going to bring justice for your death. it will just be another murder thqat you wont hear about. Also something you might think about is, many killings that go on are not even the cartels its people just killing because there is nobody to stop them. If they want something from you, or your friend, or guide they are not going to let you go. There is no way i would spend my time over there "hoping" trouble doesnt find me. Hunting is supposed to be fun and relaxing. Just my 2 cents

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: darrack] #1611354 08/20/10 10:09 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
There will be a lot of hunters going to Mexico this year. Let's just see what pops up..If hunters get killed or kidnapped, I'll say I was wrong. hammer

I'm just saying I was there last year, and I talked to a few guys and gals at the border coming from their Mexico hunt and none of them had a problem. Anything is possible.

IMO there is a lot of money spent in Mexico during hunting season. Landowners, local ranch hands, fees, corn, gas, a lot of money...The bad guys start harming American hunters and the door slams shut and a lot of people lose. And there going to go after the bad guys harder IMO if this happens. I don't think the bad guys want that...But, we'll see. No crystal ball here...Some people think it's a stupid risk to take, others have been doing it for years and don't see a risk..

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: Stompy] #1611417 08/20/10 10:46 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
By the looks of those bullet riddled buses and cars, they don't really care where those bullets are landing once they get past their intended targets. If they cared about hurting inocent victims they would have their fights out in more rural settings.

Don't know if you heard but they've used car bombs already and those don't discriminate either.

Also I don't think they really care too much about having the economy getting hurt because of all the money the hunters spend, because look what they did to the tourist industry there in Mexico along the border, and that was a lot bigger than the seasonal hunter business.

It's naive to think they care about not hurting that small segment of seasonal business, and I haven't heard of any truce being called just for hunting season.

Last edited by Jimbo; 08/20/10 10:54 PM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Hunting in Mexico [Re: Jimbo] #1611634 08/21/10 01:16 AM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Whatever you say Jimbo, like I said, lets see what we hear out of hunting season..If I'm wrong, I'll sure hunt you down and admit it for all to see. It's just that the sky is falling remarks happened last year and I heard nothing about hunters getting into trouble. Not saying you or I am 100% correct on this, just giving my experience in Mexico over the past several years. One way people get in some trouble is being in places they shouldn't be, and being just plane dumb.. smile

Last edited by Stompy; 08/21/10 01:33 AM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide