Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: E -collar? [Re: Charlito] #1549796 07/23/10 06:34 PM
D
denton Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Another vote for tritronic. I use the discontinued Flyway G2. Much like the newer Flyway G3.

Why not buy the best collar for your dog? Its not much more than the SD.

Re: E -collar? [Re: Charlito] #1549844 07/23/10 07:05 PM
T
TexasEd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Tri-tronics.

Check the retrievertraing.net classifieds and you can find used ones.

Tri-tronics is also known for good service and a trade-in/up program.

Re: E -collar? [Re: TexasEd] #1569282 08/02/10 05:32 PM
K
kdub Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Well we started on collar conditioning yesterday with my new t.t. sport junior. I would have liked to let him wear the collar a little longer before using it, but the obedience thing was getting way outta hand in training. Using the lower settings we worked several sessions on here, and moved to heeling. Today was the first time I have gotten my dog to heel without a c.c or pinch collar. I am very happy. Thanks for all the input yall.

Re: E -collar? [Re: kdub] #1569802 08/02/10 08:57 PM
J
Jason B Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: kdub
Well we started on collar conditioning yesterday with my new t.t. sport junior. I would have liked to let him wear the collar a little longer before using it, but the obedience thing was getting way outta hand in training. Using the lower settings we worked several sessions on here, and moved to heeling. Today was the first time I have gotten my dog to heel without a c.c or pinch collar. I am very happy. Thanks for all the input yall.

It's really fun to watch it all come together isn't it.

Not to get into your business, but try and only reinforce one command per training session and make sure the dog has that one down before moving to the next. It can easily confuse the dog when starting with an e trainer if you are asking him/her to do too many commands during the CC process. You want it to be very clear to pup what that stimulation means.

I started with my dog on sit. For all of the commands he knows, for some reason, he really knows that one well. Before I got my e-trainer I could tell him to sit on his way back from a retrieve, and he would.

I was told to start with the dogs most reliable command. The thought process was since they already knew that 1 command the best, they would more quickly relate the verbal command and e stimulation as meaning the same thing. Basically I would say sit - then nick him - then say sit again. I was amazed at how quickly he caught on to the e trainer.

I was informed the dog would most likely be a tad slower to here after 3-4 good training sessions using sit. And, the advice was spot on. Zeke questioned whether I really wanted him "here". So, I did a couple of session making him sit and not using a nick (he already had that down) and then commanded here - then a nick - then here again whether he was already moving or not.

The stimulation was to be 1 out of every 3-4 verbal commands, making sure to not overdue it. I was told no more than 7-10 e stimulation's per training session.

Anyhow, I am new to all of this so take my advice for what it is worth and have fun. These dogs are only as smart as we make them.

cheers

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide