Forums46
Topics544,055
Posts9,806,060
Members87,530
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: huntindude] #1235005 02/11/10 02:35 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: fishindude
Originally Posted By: Justin T
I don't want to pay to have someone bug the hell out of me. I'll do my best to ensure my second amendment rights with my vote.

and in the lastest Houston Election.

Don't live in Houston. Sorry to hear that all your Houstonians are having your guns taken away? Like I said, NRA members will be at the top of the list to get a knock on the door if that day ever comes.

Honestly, if you wanted to make a difference, you could give the same amount of money to a political candidate that thinks like you do.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Justin T] #1235014 02/11/10 02:38 PM
M
M16 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: fishindude
I don't want to pay to have someone bug the hell out of me. I'll do my best to ensure my second amendment rights with my vote.

and in the lastest Houston Election.

Don't live in Houston. Sorry to hear that all your Houstonians are having your guns taken away? Like I said, NRA members will be at the top of the list to get a knock on the door if that day ever comes.

Honestly, if you wanted to make a difference, you could give the same amount of money to a political candidate that thinks like you do.

Why would I donate to one when through the NRA I can donate to every pro-gun candidate.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235036 02/11/10 02:45 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: M16

Why would I donate to one when through the NRA I can donate to every pro-gun candidate.

That is your choice. I'm glad you are an NRA member. But I bet 500 bucks to one candidate that represents me is just as good at 1 dollar to 500 candidates. Does it really matter? I do as much as you do with your 25 bucks a year to NRA. Unless you are donating big bucks, as stated before, you are just covering the postage for their solicitation. It is nothing more than a feel good. If you happen to be donating on top of that 25 bucks, then you may actually be contributing to the actual cause. In which case, awesome! up I don't have the money to do that.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235088 02/11/10 03:01 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma
I am an endowment member. Also a lifetime member of TSRA. The mailings must work or they wouldn't do them. Most people use that as an excuse but the real reason is they want someone else to pay for their part of the fight.

I can fight and think for myself.

So can I. The problem is I can't make much of a difference by myself. But I can make a huge difference when I unite with millions of other like minded individuals. I certainly don't agree with everything the NRA does or says. But overall we wouldn't have our guns today if it wasn't for the NRA.

That makes sense, I applaud your stance. But, show me proof the NRA saved our guns.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235121 02/11/10 03:11 PM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I have no choice but to pay taxes. Is that the best argument you could come up with? Is your tinfoil hat blocking you ability to think?

Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma
Originally Posted By: mustafa
im not and have no intentions of ever joining it. If i sent them a dollar i wonder what percentage would go to helping gun rights or to pay for their fancy buildings and high priced lobbyist.

up

So you must not pay income taxes either. How much of your tax money goes to fund politicians and fancy buildings.

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235122 02/11/10 03:11 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I am an endowment member. Also a lifetime member of TSRA. The mailings must work or they wouldn't do them. Most people use that as an excuse but the real reason is they want someone else to pay for their part of the fight.

Or could it be that some people are telling the truth and you are just tring to shame them into joining??? That tactic may have worked on you but not on me!

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: JCB] #1235129 02/11/10 03:13 PM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
i did recently join the DSC does that count?

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: A.B.] #1235138 02/11/10 03:15 PM
M
M16 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
[quote]That makes sense, I applaud your stance. But, show me proof the NRA saved our guns./quote]

Good point. I can't prove it. But I do believe that our politicians would love to have the people disarmed. The assault weapons bill would have been a total ban had it not been for the NRA. Politicians fear the NRA. That's why Obama hasn't started on the gun banning yet.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: mustafa] #1235146 02/11/10 03:19 PM
C
CFR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
A few years ago, I had let my membership lapse. Three years ago, I joined a rifle and pistol club that required membership in NRA in order to be a member of the club. I am glad that I joined the club and the NRA.
I would hate to know where we would be if the NRA was not watching things. While I don't send any extra funds, I am glad to support them through my membership. I do get one or two pieces of mail each month, and maybe one or two phone calls per year, but it does not bother me.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: CFR] #1235159 02/11/10 03:22 PM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
one thing good about the mail is it give you something to read while pooping

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: mustafa] #1235167 02/11/10 03:25 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
one thing good about the mail is it give you something to read while pooping

And you have something to wipe with afterwards! scared

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: JCB] #1235172 02/11/10 03:27 PM
M
M16 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: JCB

Or could it be that some people are telling the truth and you are just tring to shame them into joining??? That tactic may have worked on you but not on me!

The only tactic that worked on me is defending the right to keep and bear arms.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235191 02/11/10 03:36 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Life Member. I used to be more active, attended conventions and meetings and stuff, kinda got disenchanted with them after some negative law enforcement comments, haven't been real active since

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235202 02/11/10 03:38 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Good job M16. I've been a Life Member of both the NRA and the TSRA since the 1980's, and I upgraded to the NRA Endowment Membership about 4 or 5 months ago.

A lot of people like to complain about the NRA, but the truth of the matter is that the NRA is the ONLY effective voice for gunowners in Washington.

And on the subject of elections - Ever hear of McCain Feingold? That was basically the "shut up the NRA" act. It's been struck down now by the Supreme Court (rightly so) and I predict a different outcome in future elections with the reappearance of the NRA's voice.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: M16] #1235212 02/11/10 03:41 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: JCB

The only tactic that worked on me is defending the right to keep and bear arms.

Well thanks for paying my way! up

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: mustafa] #1235219 02/11/10 03:44 PM
C
cable Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
C
i did recently join the DSC does that count?

No but that is a great organiztion to. up

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Sirrah243] #1235233 02/11/10 03:50 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Sirrah243
Oh yeah that should work out well for you. Last time I checked Obama was president.

And you paid nra and Obama is president and the dems control everything, so how did that work out for you?

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: cbump] #1235409 02/11/10 04:49 PM
F
fastliberator Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
I am a member 3 years. To each his own.

Those of you who do not stand behind our millitary, please stand in front of it!!!
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: fastliberator] #1235450 02/11/10 05:05 PM
L
longhorn_cop Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Not a member.
I would rather save my money to use on other things like maybe buying more guns.
And the NRA is not the only thing in Washington saving our guns.
Alot of members of congress hunt and own guns and dont want to lose that right.
Alot in congress wont bring up the subject of gun control as they know they will face a major backlash from the anti-gun crowd both NRA and non.
The NRA is a money making orgainization any way you split it. Seems to me they stir up this gun craze when liberals have more power in Washington to up membership= more money for them.
Yes they do some good, but just not my cup of tea.
I wouldn't get much back from my memebership, and in these hard times, I prioritize/ budget and the NRA is not on that list.
My $0.02

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: longhorn_cop] #1235487 02/11/10 05:19 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
I understand that LC, if I wasn't already paid in full... I'd probably have dropped them. I do get tired of the phone calls during dinner.... and the incessant ILA money beggings

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1235509 02/11/10 05:27 PM
G
Gus McRae Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Wow, some of you are just terribly ignorant.

The NRA is the #1 strongest pro-2nd Amendment lobbyist group in America. How any firearm owner won't support them is beyond me. Are they 100% right on all issues? No. But name me one person/entity that is.

If organizations like the NRA didn't exist, the 2nd Amendment would have been repealed by now. Or at the very least, severely restricted.

I urge everyone to not only join, but give out memberships as Christmas presents.

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: longhorn_cop] #1235519 02/11/10 05:35 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: longhorn_cop
Not a member.
I would rather save my money to use on other things like maybe buying more guns.
And the NRA is not the only thing in Washington saving our guns.
Alot of members of congress hunt and own guns and dont want to lose that right.
Alot in congress wont bring up the subject of gun control as they know they will face a major backlash from the anti-gun crowd both NRA and non.
The NRA is a money making orgainization any way you split it. Seems to me they stir up this gun craze when liberals have more power in Washington to up membership= more money for them.
Yes they do some good, but just not my cup of tea.
I wouldn't get much back from my memebership, and in these hard times, I prioritize/ budget and the NRA is not on that list.
My $0.02

X2

Lets see 'em slim down on the spending that doesn't go directly to fight anti-gun legislation. Wonder how much the offices make, how about speakers fees, excessive publication and printing costs. If folks are pro-gun then get to a lectern and speak without demading money for it. Make it YOUR CAUSE and don't take away from the cause with speaking fees. They can do away with the magazines too as far as I'm concerned. Not a lot in there that can be had on the newstand. Just a few pages of ILA that could be mailed. Then there are the promotional knifes, and gadgets. I'm sure they do these for profit. But what is the cost benefit ? I don't need anymore knifes, put that money towards legislative projects. We have to fly LePierre,et al all across the country, on our $25? Are we getting the biggest bang for the buck? I don't think so, IMO.

Dropped my membership about 20 yrs ago. Don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

Originally Posted By: WMI report
"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Gus McRae] #1235525 02/11/10 05:38 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Gus McRae
Wow, some of you are just terribly ignorant.

The NRA is the #1 strongest pro-2nd Amendment lobbyist group in America. How any firearm owner won't support them is beyond me. Are they 100% right on all issues? No. But name me one person/entity that is.

If organizations like the NRA didn't exist, the 2nd Amendment would have been repealed by now. Or at the very least, severely restricted.

I urge everyone to not only join, but give out memberships as Christmas presents.

Gus, I would gladly accept one from you for Christmas. up

Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: Justin T] #1235536 02/11/10 05:41 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
I'll start a new thread for Gus's xmas list. smile

Originally Posted By: WMI report
"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Seriously- Who is A Member of the NRA [Re: PHishTX] #1235593 02/11/10 06:00 PM
G
Gus McRae Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Ha! I wouldn't buy you guys a damn thing, you anti-gunners!!!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide