Forums46
Topics538,949
Posts9,743,327
Members87,128
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anybody have plans/blueprints 4x6 Deer Blind [Re: MELackey] #1174046 01/15/10 03:01 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
about the bigger stands, I've hunted larger, and if it makes any sense, I find it hard to hunt out of a stand larger than 4x6. Of course, I tend to put the stand backed up to something and only look 3 directions, so I stt back against the back wall and only look left, right, and straight ahead. ^ feet deep just puts me too far back into the stand. 4.5 deep for a little more foot room by no more than 6 wide would be perfect for 2 people, but with the dimensions of plywood being 4x8, it adds to the cost to make it more than 4 feet. There is also the issue of getting the thing moved and set in place when they are larger.

Of course, one of these days, I'm going to get some hardi-plank and find some scrap standing seam roof, & few windows, and I'll have one helluva blind, but it will need to be built in place.

Re: Anybody have plans/blueprints 4x6 Deer Blind [Re: MELackey] #1174274 01/15/10 04:57 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Here's what I put together this year. I used the lower frame from a duck blind that I had been using the past couple of years in Oklahoma. The blind was made so each panel could be carried out and bolted together. I used the same concept with the deer stand.

I started with framing the floor so that about 1 1/2" of plywood overhangs the 2x6. I then built the sides and front/back so that the plywood overhang by a few inches. This way it was easy to push/pull the sides so everything was flush. I drilled 3 holes on the bottom 2x4s of the 8'ft front/back pieces and 2 holes on the sides. I could then bolt all 4 pieces to the floor. I also drilled the corners of the 1x4s so that I could just slide in a bolt to hold the 4 sides together.

Then I drilled the plywood on the sides and the 2x4's on the upper sections (with the windows), two holes on each side and bolted them together.

Then I simply laid the roof on the top and put a screw in each corner. From here I put the 2x2 tubing flush against the 2x4's on the sides and front/back and then screwed them to the roof.

I then disassembled everything and painted. I had to remove 6 screws from the 2x2 and 2x4's on the roof frame, and then the bolts holding everything together. Took about 15 minutes. Kids were disappointed to see the "clubhouse" go.

While the paint was drying I built the lower frame. Notched out a 2x12 so it fit right between the 2x6's on the floor. I bolted to 4x4s and cut the tops so they were flush with the notch. After everything was squared away I added the bottom brace. I did both sides like this and then bolted the 2x12 to the 2x4 (wish I would have put a 2x6 there, but was initially a duck blind and was just working with what I had. I then added my 2x4 diagonals to both saides and flipped her over.

Was really steady but was worried I would have a hard time getting all the panels up by myself, so I ended up cutting the 8' 4x4's down to 6.5'. Wish I would have left them.

I was able to fit everything in the back of my pickup. When I got to my location, just lined up the holes and put a few bolts in. After everything was bolted together I reinforced it with a few screws. If I need to move it, I can have it disassembled in about 30 minutes and loaded in a pickup.

Its not fancy and it does stick out a little bit. But it certainly got the job done. You can take a different approach with the windows and maybe use plexiglass so you can leave the windows closed and still see.

I went with 4x8 because I just felt it would be easier to build since the sheets already come 8 ft long. So its not anymore expensive and you can save on cutting.

Last edited by sprigsss; 01/15/10 05:13 PM.
Re: Anybody have plans/blueprints 4x6 Deer Blind [Re: sprigsss] #1174304 01/15/10 05:12 PM
B
Big Red 12 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
We build a prefab setup that is 4'x6'. If interested. I can get the information to you. Everything is in sections. Front, sides, back w/door. Easy to use windows. Metal bases with legs. Up to 14'. We have built 4 over the years on our place and I have helped my buddies build them. We also build a 44" square base one that is for one person. This is so a 4' roof will fit on it perectly. I can set most of these up with help from one person in about 30-60 minutes depending on the size.

Re: Anybody have plans/blueprints 4x6 Deer Blind [Re: Big Red 12] #1174391 01/15/10 05:53 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Make a mock up of what you want. Go to the appliance stores and for appliance boxes, with the boxes and duck tape you can try different sizes and see what changes you want to make. Be sure you use a chair like you plan on using in he blind. This way you can get your windows located, the size of the door and windows, how high.

A fridge box also makes a good 1 person blind, portable, can be painted. Just cut your windows on 3 sides and fold out. Even a washer box can be used, just no top or for a small person you can leave the top on it.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide