Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bout to lose it!!!! #1088950 12/08/09 01:32 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
So we've been on this lease for 6 years. Taken only 5 bucks off of it, all 4 1/2 yrs or older except 1, which was 3 1/2. We've got a lot of time and money invested to say the least. Well this year we aren't seeing the bucks like normal, but everybody is having a down year so nothing is really thought of it. That is until the last week or so. We lease off of an elderly couple that are in their mid 80's, but genuine good folks. 5 years ago they deed out 10 acres overlooking a 500 acre piece of our lease to their grand-daughter and her husband, superprick we will call him. He doesn't hunt, doesn't show any interest in hunting, and makes that clear to his grandparents in-law. Towards the end of last year, this doucher starts messing around on our lease while we ain't there. Messing with feeder timers, turning cameras off, setting up and having picnics within 150 yrds of a blind, while a hunt is in progress, letting his dogs run all over hells creation, and numerous other things. There is a blind that is about 250 yds from his house, facing the opposite direction. Last week I'm hunting with another guy on lease (who is the stand closest to superprick) About 5 til 5 WWIII breaks out and I count 42 shots in a 15 minute span. I'm in a bottom about 2,000 yds away from Bob, who is in the stand by superprick. I can't really tell where exactly the shots are coming from until Bob calls me and says that superprick and his 'ol lady are standing at their back fence sending rounds down into out lease. They are passing about a 100yds west of Bob's stand down into a bottom by his truck. So once I find this out, I contact the lease manager and tell him I'm gonna get the game warden involved because I've had enough. Well after we talk about it for a bit and everybody calms down a little, we agree to wait until seasn is over and then go talk to superprick. It is
very clear that he is amusing himself by F'n up our hunting. Bob moves his blind out of sight from superpricks house and moves his feeder also. We figure that if we confront him now, and he lies to the leasors about what he is doing, then family will win out and we will be without a lease the rest of the year. Well yesterday Bob's hunting his new location. He leaves around 2p.m. to grab a sandwich, but comes back around 3:30. Superprick doesn't see him come back and around 4 p.m. precedes to cruise around our lease and after dark cranks up the spotlight. Bob slipped out without confronting them because he was alone. I just got off the phone with him and I'm about to blow my F'n top. I will be there all weekend and if the least little thing happens i'm going straight to him and giving him a piece of mind and maybe a good going over if he pops off. Hope the jails are warm in Clay county. mad

Low Expectations Championship Smokers
"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: KBTXHunter] #1089035 12/08/09 01:49 AM
B
billy gordon Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Sounds like a bad situation their.Hes trying to run yall off sounds like.May need a smooth kick in the to get him straight but may also cause problems.Good luck.Blood is thicker than water may be the result but hopefully not.

Billy Gordon
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: billy gordon] #1089048 12/08/09 01:52 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Yeah he knows he's gonna get this when they die and we're probably screwed anyway. They think he hung the moon. He's a POS in my book, and if we lose out on this deal I can gurantee you he want soon forget me.

"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: billy gordon] #1089053 12/08/09 01:53 AM
B
biggerD Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
good luck and be careful

Originally Posted By: djones

Not sure if I'd call you a machine, but you are definitely a tool.
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: biggerD] #1089074 12/08/09 02:00 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
I probably need to just cool it a little, but this crap pisses me off to no end.

"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: billy gordon] #1089076 12/08/09 02:00 AM
D
dovehunter101 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
not to mention his being out of his mind by ruining yalls personal things such as the feeders and stands and things but to be SHOOTING something that isnt a toy while others are on the land and not knowing for sure where yall are and/or if yall are following a downed animal out in the woods is STUPID!! his lack of judgement with a gun should be brought to a game wardens attention even if yall get kicked off the land or not!

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: KBTXHunter] #1089093 12/08/09 02:04 AM
D
dickiedoo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
man im glad im not you,but the last thing you need to do is get into it with him.if you get into a fight with this guy your going to lose in the long run.what i think he is trying to do is working he is trying to get you pissed(witch he has done)and then you jump on him and poof your gone,and its all his.the first thing i would is try to get the land owners to give you a contract on this lease with all the rules and regulations on the lease.this way you would have legal right to move his arse off of your lease.this guy sounds like a superprick to me but they are everywhere.you need a legal foot to stand on so you can put this guy in check now if you meet him on a dark road his word against your do what you must but not on the famly property it will just cost you this is just my 2 cents i wish you the best of luck.ps i bet them cell are mighty cold this time of year.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: dovehunter101] #1089094 12/08/09 02:04 AM
K
KBTXHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
The Jack County game warden stopped my house the day after the shooting incident. He said it was easy to see what was going on, but proving it would be very difficult. I am like you though, that should be trespass by bullet. The hard part is his in laws own the land, and they would have to press the charges the way I understand it.

Last edited by KBTXHunter; 12/08/09 02:04 AM.

"Look Good Doin' It..."
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: billy gordon] #1089097 12/08/09 02:04 AM
B
Billy C Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Bad Deal Dude!!! Ranch owners family members in a situation like this will eventually ruin it for the hunters.

You can not wait. Trust me on this I have been here. Schedule a sit down with the ranch owners and be the good guy and present your case. Remember they love their grandaughter for many years now, and now that she is married to superprick he is the picture. But they may not give a flip about him.

ANYTHING WRITTEN ON A LEASE AGREEMENT???

The old couple wants your money and if you are good to their property and responsible hunters they want you there. Your $$$ pay at least the taxes and in most cases in rual areas they count on the revenue to live on.

Present your case in a positive manner to gma and gpa and you will most likely make some headway with S-prick!!!

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: billy gordon] #1089127 12/08/09 02:10 AM
C
CTK3 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Wait till the end of the season and whip his azz. Violence is never the anwser but it sure can make you feel better.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: Billy C] #1089129 12/08/09 02:11 AM
E
exoticbob Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
hate to say this, but i would just start filling some tags and look at moving my stuff asap. it's no fun lease looking, but i can't imagine things getting any better for you. you sure don't want to get into an altercation with him on his land.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: Billy C] #1089147 12/08/09 02:14 AM
F
firehog261 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
KBTX we had the same deal a few years ago down in Palestine, where I have hunted for the last 10 yrs. A nonhunting neighbor would pull close to the same tricks and BS that superprick as you refer to him has done. We discussed it with the GW and he advised us that if we can catch him on camera and show what he is doin on the lease, not off his land, then its a bad day for him. There are alotta laws out there to protect hunters. Hunter harrassment is a big no-no in the huntin world. I understand him pissin you off, I get there probably easier than anyone. I've got a real short temper, but if you take the time and get the proof, it could be real nice for you in the long run.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: dovehunter101] #1089149 12/08/09 02:15 AM
Big Tony Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Sounds like one of them deals where he just needs a country fanny whoopin. I had a guy doin crap like that years ago on a lease I had in Jackboro. I took my 2 week vacation to hunt and this dude would ride the fencelines honking the horn on his truck for a whole week. Every morning of the 2nd week, I went to the fence close to his house (about 200 yards) and at about 5:30, fired my rifle 3 times. I didn't want him to oversleep. LOL

"A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be." -Fred Bear
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: exoticbob] #1089163 12/08/09 02:18 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: exoticbob
hate to say this, but i would just start filling some tags and look at moving my stuff asap. it's no fun lease looking, but i can't imagine things getting any better for you. you sure don't want to get into an altercation with him on his land.

Yep, it will never work out, fill your tags, and get the heck out of there, sorry.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: wetduck] #1089196 12/08/09 02:25 AM
Big Tony Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
There is a law, something about HUNTER HARASSMENT.

"A hunt based only on trophies taken, falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be." -Fred Bear
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: exoticbob] #1089199 12/08/09 02:25 AM
HuntingTexas Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Best advice so far. You can't win against family.

" In God We Trust "

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: HuntingTexas] #1089210 12/08/09 02:27 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Just be a man and contact the warden. Stop worrying about how it's gonna make you look etc. You're not gonna hunt there anymore regardless whether you want to or not.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: wetduck] #1089214 12/08/09 02:28 AM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Be careful. He has already used firearms as an intimidation tool, the last thing you want to do is get shot or have to shoot him in self defense.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: CTK3] #1089222 12/08/09 02:33 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: CTK3
Wait till the end of the season and whip his azz. Violence is never the anwser but it sure can make you feel better.

+1

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: wetduck] #1089226 12/08/09 02:34 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: wetduck

come back in a couple years if you are still mad and throw a road flare in his pasture/barn /car/mouth

lmao!!

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: cbump] #1089265 12/08/09 02:43 AM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J

V.T.C.A., Parks & Wildlife Code § 62.0125

Vernon's Texas Statutes and Codes Annotated Currentness
Parks and Wildlife Code (Refs & Annos)
Title 5. Wildlife and Plant Conservation (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle B. Hunting and Fishing
Chapter 62. Provisions Generally Applicable to Hunting (Refs & Annos)
Subchapter A. General Provisions
§ 62.0125. Harassment of Hunters, Trappers, and Fishermen

(a) This section may be cited as the Sportsman's Rights Act.

(b) In this section:

(1) “Wildlife” means all species of wild mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, or amphibians.

(2) “Process of hunting or catching” means any act directed at the lawful hunting or catching of wildlife, including camping or other acts preparatory to hunting or catching of wildlife that occur on land or water on which the affected person has the right or privilege of hunting or catching that wildlife.

(c) No person may intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(d) No person may intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(e) No person may enter or remain on public land or enter or remain on private land without the landowner's or his agent's consent if the person intends to disrupt another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(f) This section does not apply to a peace officer of this state, a law enforcement officer of the United States, a member of the armed forces of the United States or of this state, or employees of the department or other state or federal agencies having statutory responsibility to manage wildlife or land during the time that the officer, member, or employee is in the actual discharge of official duties.

(g) A person who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

(h) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution that the defendant's conduct is protected by the right to freedom of speech under the constitution of this state or the United States.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: jeffbird] #1089315 12/08/09 02:54 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: jeffbird

V.T.C.A., Parks & Wildlife Code § 62.0125

Vernon's Texas Statutes and Codes Annotated Currentness
Parks and Wildlife Code (Refs & Annos)
Title 5. Wildlife and Plant Conservation (Refs & Annos)
Subtitle B. Hunting and Fishing
Chapter 62. Provisions Generally Applicable to Hunting (Refs & Annos)
Subchapter A. General Provisions
§ 62.0125. Harassment of Hunters, Trappers, and Fishermen

(a) This section may be cited as the Sportsman's Rights Act.

(b) In this section:

(1) “Wildlife” means all species of wild mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, or amphibians.

(2) “Process of hunting or catching” means any act directed at the lawful hunting or catching of wildlife, including camping or other acts preparatory to hunting or catching of wildlife that occur on land or water on which the affected person has the right or privilege of hunting or catching that wildlife.

(c) No person may intentionally interfere with another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(d) No person may intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(e) No person may enter or remain on public land or enter or remain on private land without the landowner's or his agent's consent if the person intends to disrupt another person lawfully engaged in the process of hunting or catching wildlife.

(f) This section does not apply to a peace officer of this state, a law enforcement officer of the United States, a member of the armed forces of the United States or of this state, or employees of the department or other state or federal agencies having statutory responsibility to manage wildlife or land during the time that the officer, member, or employee is in the actual discharge of official duties.

(g) A person who violates this section commits an offense. An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

(h) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution that the defendant's conduct is protected by the right to freedom of speech under the constitution of this state or the United States.

X2 - plus this - if the grandparents deeded the 10 acres to superprick, then legally they are 2 separate tracts and superprick is violating the law by shooting across property lines. You do not need to go to the landowner, just get video proof of his actions and take it to the GW or any LEO. You can also file a civil suit against him with restitution for your lease costs - not just this year but potentially future years if you have a contract. Then file suit with Title 5 section 62.0125 as stated above. Just make sure 2 things - you have previously notified LEO's and in no way have you ever trespassed or threatened Superprick. You may lose the lease, but at least you can stop this guy from further harrassment and danger.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: jeffbird] #1089357 12/08/09 03:03 AM
S
schapman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
If it is a good lease like you said stay calm. It doesn't matter where you go to lease problems are going to come up. I would try to have a calm talk with the land owners they care about their land unlike some people who just inherit some . these people worked for it they know whats fair they are old school more then likely. Last thing to do is start calling kinfolk names they will draw the line there. Just let them know what troubles you are having and the positives you bring to the ranch. They won't give you an answer until after talking to their daughter about the issues so don't try to force them to make a decision then. Just make them aware of the issues level headed and very calm.

Good luck the only way to win here is coming across as the calm good one.

If it doesn't work out you may still need a good reference for the next lease.

Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: exoticbob] #1089439 12/08/09 03:23 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

I hate to say it but I think this is the end of a good thing. It stinks but this is the way it turns out when you lease not own.

Wish I owned.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Bout to lose it!!!! [Re: schapman] #1089487 12/08/09 03:32 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

Talk to the lease owners first to get their take on it.

Last edited by Sniper John; 12/08/09 04:35 AM.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide