Texas Hunting Forum

Blue Star Outdoors

Posted By: Longhorn74

Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 04:41 PM

I have a question? Has anybody on the forum ever had any dealings with this Blue Star Outdoors? They are listing leases, but you have to pay to see them. Just wondering what their deal is.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 04:48 PM

That is pretty standard with the online leasing services, a subscriber subscription fee, monthly or annually is generally required. Think LeaseHunter.com at one time was free but that was many years ago. And yes, some have had interactions with the proprietor of Blue Star Outdoors on this forum including myself. My involvement several years ago was minimal, mostly around asking about available properties, locations (county), topography and acreage sizes and costs and really didn't not progress beyond that level. Others have actually leased from him on the forum so would have better direct knowledge of dealings with him. I encourage you to seek out these individuals for their experiences.
Posted By: bigcam

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 05:12 PM

I have visited with the gentleman that seems to "run" or "be in charge".
He seems legit, and down to earth, but I also think he is money hungry.
And yes, before you can get any info on his leases, you have to subscribe to his website, and it is $75 a year.

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 05:59 PM

Danny Courville
Courvilleoutdoors.com

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 06:02 PM

***Read Below
Old post I found!!!

My father leased 1000 acre place on Finnis Rd, Young County last year. I went with him to look at it. The guy was a typical lease broker talking about forbes that were there(was none of what he read off a deer forbes book somewhere), travel lanes, an so on yada yada. Said that the land owner leased 2 days a year to dove hunters, an that there would not be anyone else out there. Running out of time, he leased it.

This was the biggest train wreck anyone could ever dream of having. First, he told us that we could hunt 500 acres that wasn't even on the lease. The 2 day bird hunt turned into the whole dove season with an average of 100 plus hunters a week out there. Ranch owners hired hands out there jacking with the cameras an blinds the whole season. We had more poachers running around than a riot in a LA street. Feeders stolen, blinds with windows broke out, poachers hunting in blinds. Just the worst nightmare. Told this lease broker many times of the trouble, to him saying it was out of his hands. Just a man with no balls.

Here is where I draw the line in the sand. Today, my dad was out there cleaning up his stuff to get off. Lease broker was showing around other guys to lease the place. These guys stopped an talked to my dad. The lease broker told them so many dang lies an totally misrepresented this place. Broker told these guys we took all these deer an that we got to fighting among ourselves an that we didn't have the money to release it. COMPLETE AN TOTAL LIE, NOT ONE THING HE SAID WAS TRUE. SO HERE IS YALLS WARNING.

DANNY COURVILLE
FLOWER MOUND, TX

COURVILLE LAND MANAGEMENT

HE IS NOW LEASEING UNDER THE NAME (TERSA BOULDER)

THIS GUY IS JUST A COMPLETE SNAKE IN THE GRASS!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT WANT ANYONE ELSE TO GO THROUGH THE HELL MY DAD DID !

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Outfitter / Professional Guide
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 06:30 PM

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7032228/Wanted:_Lease_near_Fort_Worth#Post7032228

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4913681/Courville%27s_Outdoors

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4871178/Young-Jack_County#Post4871178
Posted By: Longhorn74

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/11/18 07:14 PM

Wow guys! Thank you all for the information! This guy has a posting on Craigslist and I thought it looked kinda off. Thanks again for the heads up I will stay far away from this scam....
Posted By: nocknload

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/12/18 12:39 AM

They will tell you anything to get your hard earned money. Good leases are hard to come by these days.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/12/18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Longhorn74
Wow guys! Thank you all for the information! This guy has a posting on Craigslist and I thought it looked kinda off. Thanks again for the heads up I will stay far away from this scam....
Keep checking here. Your odds of finding a reputable lease are much better. And if you do find the right lease, you better pounce on it fast before it's gone!
Posted By: B-swit

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/12/18 07:43 PM

Nope. Turn the other way.

He’s on a lot of the fb groups as well.
Posted By: Smith#34

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/16/18 03:42 PM

Blue star is a scam. All they do is find leases on Craigslist or other public sites, and copy and paste the info to their website. I’ve had them do this with two of my leases. I’ve also seen several other Craigslist leases on their website, exact wording and everything. They make you pay for landowner contact info.
Posted By: JDMore

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/17/18 02:42 AM

Just renewed my annual membership with them.... leased with Danny last year. bang
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Blue Star Outdoors - 01/17/18 06:39 PM

He had one of his friends post on Texas Lease Facebook group how they had an awesome season killing 8 deer on 200 acres out west. Then 100 people asked for him to find them a lease all over Texas but he never responded.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum