Forums46
Topics538,384
Posts9,736,546
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: operationporkchop] #91634 09/23/06 03:55 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I ain't trying to be The Forum police, and I don't believe that I was the only one that said something about this being an old subject. You can steam all you want to I don't care how mad you get at me. The point of fact is, I was only the first to point out that this was old news, maybe you need to go back and read my second post to you and think about what I was getting at.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: swampthang] #91635 09/23/06 04:02 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Who rattled your chain, this is between me and OPC and you need to stay out of it. I was not trying to offened the man, nor was I brow beating him, nor was I the only one that pointed out that this was an old issue. He appears to me to be quite able to take up for himself, without a peanut gallery mouthing off in the background. JMO.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91636 09/23/06 10:23 PM
T
Txguy1972 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Your comment that there should be "no game management in Texas" was the most absurd thing I have ever heard!

I have read many post with many different view points. I agree with some, and some I don't.

That one takes the cake!

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Txguy1972] #91637 09/23/06 11:43 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I want you to show me anywhere, on any thread that I have said there should be "NO GAME MANAGEMENT IN TEXAS". You lied flat footed, I have never said that. You find it and show it to me and the rest of the membership. You need to learn how to read, and don't make assumptions, YOU DO KNOW WHAT ASSUME MEANS DON'T YOU???

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91638 09/24/06 12:36 AM
T
Txguy1972 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
You said it, however you must have realized what you said and edited it out. If you will go back and look at the day you edited your post 9/22/06.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91639 09/24/06 01:14 AM
T
Txguy1972 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Forgive me I was wrong, it was not on this thread. If you will go back to recent post of Re: Serious Deer Regulations/Governace Question, really.....Your last statement is and you quote
"No, we do not need to go back to the dark ages of game management in TEXAS, FOR ANY REASON."

Thats pretty much saying you are not for game managemant in Texas.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Txguy1972] #91640 09/24/06 03:20 AM
H
Huntalot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Quote:

Thats pretty much saying you are not for game managemant in Texas.

I beg to differ.... Seems like CHC was saying that the days of county commissioners governing wildlife regs were the dark ages and we don't need to go back to those. He wasn't saying anything about not being for game mgmt.

Sorry - but it seems to me that you owe CHC an apology

Huntalot

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Txguy1972] #91641 09/24/06 12:19 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
CHC was talking about local government managemnet.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Txguy1972] #91642 09/24/06 12:34 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
1. I am not asking for an apology, just get your facts straight.
2. The edit I made was in my spelling of one word, and that was all. My original thought is still there.

I grew up during the time the County Commisioners Courts in about a third or maybe even half of the counties in the state, set the seasons and bag limits, and hunting was not the business it is today. In fact I remember a time when deer leases, what few they were, went for less than a dollar an acre, and no one charged for dove or quail hunting.

Until TP&W gained regulatory authority over all 254 counties there was no, nor could there be any pracrtical game management, except in the counties TP&W did control.

I have been interested in wildlife and hunting and game management, probably since before you were a gleam in your Daddy's eyes, unless I am way of on how old you maybe.

Texas has been on the cutting edge of wildlife management in many areas for the past 30 years, and I like it that way. This isn't anything I have changed my position on since way before I joined The Forum.

Sorry to have come down on you so hard, but it might help if you got the lay of the land and really read some of the posts on some of these threads about such things as the antler regs, and see where some of us stand on such issues and how we feel about the job TP&W does.

Last edited by crazyhorseconsulting; 09/24/06 12:38 PM.
Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: operationporkchop] #91643 09/25/06 02:30 AM
B
Bucket Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
OPC, you are spot on. It is humorous to see how people will reply under the safety of the net. I doubt they would be willing to run their mouth the same in real life (face to face). These same people detract from this forum - it is a valuable source of info.

Hope to see you out there.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91644 09/25/06 01:17 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
That works both ways, and I have never met ANYONE, that I wouldn't say the same thing to in person, that I put on here.

On thing I have found out, and I have met a bunch of THF members face to face, words on a computer screen are just that, and when people are face to face a person can tell when someone else is being serious or BS'ing.

My question to you is, do you have something to add to this subject, or are you just trying to keep the pot stirred?

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: swampthang] #91645 09/25/06 01:52 PM
J
jbhlsu Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
boys...boys...boys...It is a LAW and thats it...Just drink a beer and get over it....JMO I hunt in one of those counties..

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: jbhlsu] #91646 09/25/06 04:07 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Quote:

boys...boys...boys...It is a LAW and thats it...Just drink a beer and get over it....JMO I hunt in one of those counties..

There's a good idea! Why can't we all get a long..........neck?

You are all welcome to have your opinion, you are just wrong!!! Just kidding.

I do think it is absurd that someone can kill two bucks in East Texas and Archer County is one buck.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #91647 09/25/06 04:51 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
[quote
I do think it is absurd that someone can kill two bucks in East Texas and Archer County is one buck.

Come on, you know in any trophy management program
you've got to take out the culls.

DERN IT!! Here I go again, typing about stuff
I know nothing about. Sorry y'all.

PK

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: PKnTX] #91648 09/25/06 05:14 PM
duck & cover
duck & cover
Quote:

[quote
I do think it is absurd that someone can kill two bucks in East Texas and Archer County is one buck. [/quo

Come on, you know in any trophy management program
you've got to take out the culls.

DERN IT!! Here I go again, typing about stuff
I know nothing about. Sorry y'all.

PK

I see how you are, trying to get me all riled up, well it ain't happening, I resigned from the anti crowd, just waiting for Sunday morning (yes I know, but I have to work Saturday).

All them rules don't mean much to me, everything I have shot in the last few years would have been legal anyway, (except a slick-browed 6 point, but he needed removal).

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91649 09/26/06 02:24 AM
B
Bucket Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
CHC, I guess this is your hobby now during retirement.

The 13 inch rule is an attempt to manage deer in East Texas, but it will be marginally effective. Law abiding hunters will obey it, but not everyone. Too many East TX hunters will continue to kill the first buck they see opening morning. If it isn't legal they will leave it or cut it up and into their freezer it will go. The other major problem in East TX is the poachers. I was on a lease a few years ago that had a harvest rule that the hunters obeyed, but the locals didn't give a crap and they kept hunting this place and killing does and bucks, any deer they could shoot. Very effective management... In other areas you don't have the population density and therefore the hunting pressure and poaching - sometimes year round. That's my take... East TX has lots of hunters compared to other parts of the state, where you can watch a feeder and select the deer you want to shoot. The new rule may help; time will tell. I hope it does.

You ask if I am trying to keep the pot stirred? That's your self-appointed position. I'm just stating that you enjoy free speech without consequences of substance, fortunately for you...

The 13 inch rule is a joke. Unless the buck will pose for the hunter facing directly at him, clear from tree limbs, in good light, HOW can you measure the antler width? It's an attempt at best.

OPC states figures he received from a reliable source (TP&W is my bet) that 70+% of deer harvested in the past would not be legal deer under the new rule. That sounds about right for what I see each year. I seriously doubt that most hunters will accept the new rule and pay their $500 - $1,000+ for their lease and not be able to harvest a deer. But again, time will tell.

Lastly, since this is a change with a very significant impact on most East TX hunters, if there is more than one thread on the topic (because OPC doesn't scan this page as often as the retired folks), that isn't a problem. We should discuss this issue, and perhaps make it a sticky to keep it fresh.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91650 09/26/06 05:13 AM
O
outback_bobo Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
Im with Bucket. I am from east texas and hunt east texas. Alot of hunters hunt this area. Our local hunters 40 and up that hunted here didnt start hunting deer for horns at all. My dads family raised peanuts from the 30s-50s, He says the deer just moved in and started eating their crops. No Crops No Money! I believe we need to not kill any bucks for a few seasons around here just two does at the most a year. I have seen the Estaban Gonzales deer in person from Alto. I like the horn structure. Tall Massive Chalky-Chocoish and symetrical. Watch out Texas East Texas is about to surprise you

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91651 09/26/06 01:43 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
First off, I am getting sick and tired of all the comments about being retired. You nor OPC have ever met me and don't know one thing about me except that I have no problem speaking my mind either in person or on here.

Secondly, as I have said many times in the past, I am only against the antler regs state wide, or when they keep people in some counties from being able to kill a deer period.

Since some folks seem to think that they are so busy that it is easier to post stuff, than read some of the stuff that has been posted, they haven't paid any attention to the fact that some of the opposition to the antler regs has died down since they(TP&W) gave hunters the ability to shoot a spike, along with a legal buck. Also in the counties where doe are legal all or part of the season there is less opposition.

I just do not support the regs state wide. They will be in place in all of the old ONE BUCK counties in the next 5 years, but would be impractical in places like the hill country simply because there are too damn many deer.

As far as your crack about "Consequences of Substance." I have farted on bigger and better men than you will ever be, and I ain't been slowed down yet.

In your words, things change when people meet face to face.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91652 09/26/06 06:44 PM
P
PHishTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Bucket said
Quote:

"The 13 inch rule is an attempt to manage deer in East Texas, but it will be marginally effective."

Bucket,

This is NOT an EAST TEXAS regulation.

He77 it started in So. Centeral Texas, by a coop who petitioned TPWD for help. It has just spread to East Texas and 41 counties like a cancer.

Phish-TX

Originally Posted By: WMI report
"If age structure is deemed to be valuable to management,...What percentage change in age structure or condition does TPWD recognize that it needs to detect in order to trigger a regulatory change?

confused2TPWDconfused2
Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91653 09/27/06 01:51 AM
B
Bucket Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I hear that older folks have trouble controlling their bodily functions... don't they make some meds for your condition?

Have fun this season old man. It may be your last.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91654 09/27/06 01:58 AM
duck & cover
duck & cover
CHC and I agree sometimes and sometimes not. Some of you know me and know that I am the same, day in day out, in person or on here or on the phone.......blunt and direct.

I actually would like to see bigger deer on our RedRiver Co and Archer County leases.........but I don't like the state telling me what to do, period. And I can guarandamntee you that I say that to anyone, anytime, anyplace.

I have never met Randall, but I think he and I would argue till the fire goes out when we disagree. Then toast one last more and hunt together in the morning. I guess I am getting to be an old SOB too, at 41 next month.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Bucket] #91655 09/27/06 02:04 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Is that a threat?? Some of you East Texas boys think you are plenty bad, but you need to crawl out from under those trees and see what daylight really looks like.

I ain't really sure what your problem is, and I am going to get in trouble with the moderators for this, but you are letting that BUCKET MOUTH overload your HUMMING BIRD ASS.

You have to be one arrogant S.O.B., to run your head at someone you ain't never met. Now see I am stupid enough to keep this going, and yes I will be in trouble with the moderators and JP, but I figure that you have called me out, and because you can do it over the internet, you ain't got the guts or the cahones to back up that Bucket Mouth.

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: Crazyhorse] #91656 09/27/06 04:11 AM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Hey dad you got some salt and butter for this popcorn? Pass me a Heinikin while your at it. LMAO

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Square Up Archery & Lightning Bowstrings Staff Shooter
Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: HunterTed] #91657 09/27/06 05:14 AM
S
SaginawHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Hey brother quit hoging the popcorn!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Did anyone hear this.[13in rule]? [Re: SaginawHunter] #91658 09/27/06 03:19 PM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
I ain't hoggin it. You just ain't tall enough to reach the bowl. Get more phonebooks. Did ya bring any bannannas...........the monkey boy looks hungery. If we don't feed him soon he will end up crapping in his hand and start throwin it.

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Square Up Archery & Lightning Bowstrings Staff Shooter
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide