Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8826469 03/31/23 01:37 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Kids are getting their "training" from video games. Games today are very realistic and have basic and advanced tactics built into them. Not hard to figure out Hell, LE use video training to some degree as well. JMO of course.

lol, thats not training. Riding a stick horse doesnt make you a competitive bronc rider or reigning champion. You are essentially saying watch enough monday night foot ball and you can play on Sat or Sundays…. you know all the advanced techniques and stuff.

video games give a false sense of competence… which can go either way, depending on if you think it empowers or makes shooters more incompetent

Gotta disagree with you. Video games do promote realistic training in a variety of disciplines.

I have more than 75+ hours in a helicopter flight simulator (which is a video game) and it certainly has made me a more proficient pilot.

Last edited by The Dude Abides; 03/31/23 01:38 PM.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: The Dude Abides] #8826478 03/31/23 01:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Kids are getting their "training" from video games. Games today are very realistic and have basic and advanced tactics built into them. Not hard to figure out Hell, LE use video training to some degree as well. JMO of course.

lol, thats not training. Riding a stick horse doesnt make you a competitive bronc rider or reigning champion. You are essentially saying watch enough monday night foot ball and you can play on Sat or Sundays…. you know all the advanced techniques and stuff.

video games give a false sense of competence… which can go either way, depending on if you think it empowers or makes shooters more incompetent

Gotta disagree with you. Video games do promote realistic training in a variety of disciplines.

I have more than 75+ hours in a helicopter flight simulator (which is a video game) and it certainly has made me a more proficient pilot.

Flight simulator which I also have double digit hours in for a single engine private , is much different then the proficiency with a firearm,

Im going to go play call of duty now so i can win a 3 gun or PRS match now

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8826485 03/31/23 01:56 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

You want to get good at entry tactics and close quarters battle? Go do AirSoft for a few months every weekend.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8826486 03/31/23 02:01 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Flight simulator which I also have double digit hours in for a single engine private , is much different then the proficiency with a firearm,

Im going to go play call of duty now so i can win a 3 gun or PRS match now

Since you're in the metro-mess go try this out...it's pretty cool and realistic. A group of us from work went a few weeks ago. The only thing it does NOT do is apply "stress" from an actual shooting scenario.

The Range - Video Simulator

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8826493 03/31/23 02:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Thats closer to a flight sim because it is actually requiring real fire arm use, but thats not a video game. That has actual real world carry over

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8826762 03/31/23 11:12 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
NTX, not just cherry picking but, in this instance, the cops did not “protect and serve”. They were there and failed to do their job.

Not blanket hammering cops but those childrens deaths are attributable to the cops actions or lack of action that we and most of America watched. I’ll say it again. Chickenshits.

Cops stationed in the schools sounds good but not if they withdraw or run away at a critical time.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: Dave Davidson] #8826941 04/01/23 02:05 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
NTX, not just cherry picking but, in this instance, the cops did not “protect and serve”. They were there and failed to do their job.

Not blanket hammering cops but those childrens deaths are attributable to the cops actions or lack of action that we and most of America watched. I’ll say it again. Chickenshits.

Cops stationed in the schools sounds good but not if they withdraw or run away at a critical time.

The police aren't under any legal obligation to do anything for anyone and that has played out in 54 separate Supreme Court rulings that were nearly unanimous. That being said the system still works fairly well. When a call goes out when innocents are being harmed by a bad guy that can be IDed and taken down the police will swarm like Hornets until the job gets done. In Uvalde the system glitched because the leadership abdicated their responsibility and no one stepped up to take charge. They were effectively Paralyzed by a breakdown in the chain of command.

Unfortunately there are always going to be cowards. They are the minority and they're easy to spot if you've been around the block with them for a while. I have a relative through marriage that lives in East Texas but is a police officer in Louisiana. About 25 years ago he was shooting it out with a guy in the middle of an intersection and they were basically chasing each other around a parked car. Another officer rolled up on the scene by chance before any responding officers could show up. He saw what was going on and simply drove away. From what I was told the man was confined to the PD doing paperwork after that happened.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: blkt2] #8826972 04/01/23 02:55 PM
J
JimTX Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by blkt2
I’ve said it before: The Uvalde problem was chickenshit cops. Remember the live pics on TV of the cops in the hall backing away when they heard shots? Those shots were children being slaughtered. No $, no program, is going to overcome that. The cops didn’t have a dog in the fight. Trained parents would.

What happened in Uvalde is a perfect display of an institutionalized mindset. When leadership refuses to lead the troops get stuck in one spot and momentum is lost. Once momentum is gone it's almost impossible to regain it. Someone lower on the command structure than the chief should have rallied everyone and made their assault. Even if every officer involved in the first assault died there was enough manpower pouring in that multiple waves of assaults could have been done. A single person taking charge is all that it would have taken.

blkt2 hit the nail right on the head when it comes to the failure to respond in Uvalde.

THE Chief of the ISD, who is in-charge of the school police force, is standing in the hallway ordering the officers to Stand Down and not make entry. That is the MAIN reason for the failure to appropriately respond to the active shooter in Uvalde. I believe he is responsible for the failure on that day. He should have stepped up, as he was trained to do, and led the officers to the door and took care of business like the officers in TN.

I have heard many say that they would have made entry regardless of the orders given by the Chief. Maybe....but I doubt it in 99% of the time. Military, cops and the like are trained to follow orders....even when the orders seem to defy logic or protocol. Besides, if you did cowboy up and defy the orders, any additional deaths after the entry attempt would likely be blamed on the guy who did not follow orders given by the Chief.

Last edited by JimTX; 04/01/23 02:55 PM.
Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: JimTX] #8827012 04/01/23 04:43 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by JimTX
Originally Posted by blkt2
I’ve said it before: The Uvalde problem was chickenshit cops. Remember the live pics on TV of the cops in the hall backing away when they heard shots? Those shots were children being slaughtered. No $, no program, is going to overcome that. The cops didn’t have a dog in the fight. Trained parents would.

What happened in Uvalde is a perfect display of an institutionalized mindset. When leadership refuses to lead the troops get stuck in one spot and momentum is lost. Once momentum is gone it's almost impossible to regain it. Someone lower on the command structure than the chief should have rallied everyone and made their assault. Even if every officer involved in the first assault died there was enough manpower pouring in that multiple waves of assaults could have been done. A single person taking charge is all that it would have taken.

THE Chief of the ISD, who is in-charge of the school police force, is standing in the hallway ordering the officers to Stand Down and not make entry. That is the MAIN reason for the failure to appropriately respond to the active shooter in Uvalde. I believe he is responsible for the failure on that day. He should have stepped up, as he was trained to do, and led the officers to the door and took care of business like the officers in TN.

I have heard many say that they would have made entry regardless of the orders given by the Chief. Maybe....but I doubt it in 99% of the time. Military, cops and the like are trained to follow orders....even when the orders seem to defy logic or protocol. Besides, if you did cowboy up and defy the orders, any additional deaths after the entry attempt would likely be blamed on the guy who did not follow orders given by the Chief.

That is the reality of what took place. When the chief of their department ordered them to not go in, the stage was set for disaster.

Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8827061 04/01/23 07:33 PM
hetman Offline
"Trash Master"
"Trash Master"
actually that 14 min was when it was reported - 11 min for police to respond - 3 min later shooter was dead - i think that is pretty good for response time the officers didn't screw around after they arrived. good job by the police.! salute

Last edited by hetman; 04/01/23 07:34 PM.

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: 14 minute response time?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8827083 04/01/23 08:37 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
GREAT job by police, just don't want to tell this to the 6 who died families.

SPACE FOR RENT

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide