Page 1 of 2 1 2
Unruly teens #8562190 03/22/22 07:14 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
My neighbor called me because a few teens were playing between houses. He confronted them and they were very disrespectful. Now my neighbor is 80+ so it was like a pack of mad dogs on him. They took turns throwing out their insults and obscene gestures so the older fellow approached their grandfather who himself looks like he had a crappy upbringing. The 80+ year old man tells the 65 year old grandpa about the kids bad behavior. Grandpa just says kids will be kids. It was not like that when I was growing up. First the neighbor had permission to set me straight and then when my folks found out I got it x2. There is a problem in this country. My kids were brought up to respect their elders and others' property with common courtesy and turning a blind eye was never one of my strong points. How did you raise your kids? How did you deal with others' unruly children?

Last edited by hook_n_line; 03/22/22 07:25 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562201 03/22/22 07:35 PM
J
jhunter77 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I'm by no means the best parent, but my kids know how to talk to their elders. I have never allowed them to be disrespectful to anyone in or out of the house. My kids always knew that being rude in public didn't fly. I can't stand kids running around the table at restaurants and my kids never tried, they don't yell down the table if we're out with a large group. I don't allow them to walk through stores on their phones or with their ear buds in. My daughters are 22 and 18 both have jobs and the youngest will graduate high school in 8 weeks and still know I will not tolerate rudeness, being disrespectful, or loud. I do expect them to hold the door for their elders and if an elderly person looks like they could use a hand with something they can help with, they are to do so. I honestly can't recall having to tell them to do or not do any of the things. I strongly believe that all kids learn by example.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: jhunter77] #8562207 03/22/22 07:42 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by jhunter77
I strongly believe that all kids learn by example.

There are a few bad seeds but generally you are 99.9% correct.

up

To be determined
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562210 03/22/22 07:45 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I think most teens out away from the house act about halfway between how their parents think they act and how they'd like to act if they didn't think they'd get caught...

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562212 03/22/22 07:48 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
There’s many of things I did as a kid that people weren’t happy about! I learned, and never got in trouble for said thing again, because I didn’t commit the crime again. Stealing a couple watermelons, or corn, trespassing to get to a fishing hole. Ain’t nothin like that salt round to chase you out of a pasture, you knew to leave or get seriously hurt!

To many kids think they can get away with whatever they want now a days because of “daddy’s money”. Kids don’t own up and take responsibility for their actions, they expect daddy to cover for them.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: jhunter77] #8562218 03/22/22 08:05 PM
D
decook Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
My neighbor called me because a few teens were playing between houses. He confronted them and they were very disrespectful. Now my neighbor is 80+ so it was like a pack of mad dogs on him. They took turns throwing out their insults and obscene gestures so the older fellow approached their grandfather who himself looks like he had a crappy upbringing. The 80+ year old man tells the 65 year old grandpa about the kids bad behavior. Grandpa just says kids will be kids. It was not like that when I was growing up. First the neighbor had permission to set me straight and then when my folks found out I got it x2. There is a problem in this country. My kids were brought up to respect their elders and others' property with common courtesy and turning a blind eye was never one of my strong points. How did you raise your kids? How did you deal with others' unruly children?

I'm by no means the best parent, but my kids know how to talk to their elders. I have never allowed them to be disrespectful to anyone in or out of the house. My kids always knew that being rude in public didn't fly. I can't stand kids running around the table at restaurants and my kids never tried, they don't yell down the table if we're out with a large group. I don't allow them to walk through stores on their phones or with their ear buds in. My daughters are 22 and 18 both have jobs and the youngest will graduate high school in 8 weeks and still know I will not tolerate rudeness, being disrespectful, or loud. I do expect them to hold the door for their elders and if an elderly person looks like they could use a hand with something they can help with, they are to do so. I honestly can't recall having to tell them to do or not do any of the things. I strongly believe that all kids learn by example.

This pretty well sums it up for me and my kids too. They are 25 and 22 now and are as respectful as they were as kids. I'm very proud of both of them. I can only guess what the 'Ol Man would have done if I pulled a stunt like those young punks. I knew better than to do that and find out.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562226 03/22/22 08:16 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My 13 year old daughter is being brought up old school as well. She is a damn good kid, and will never disrespect an adult. If one wrongs her, she probably still will not, but she will be telling my wife and I. Teenage son made a mistake at 16 years old. I told him to be on his feet at 0600 the next Saturday morning. I worked him like a rented mule, building barb wire fence all day. He never screwed up again. He is about to be 24 years old.

Unruly teens that are not mine, get some quite harsh words from me. We will leave it at that.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562235 03/22/22 08:27 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

That's all about parenting and respecting others. They either got it on not.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562238 03/22/22 08:31 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Spend most of my time in Scottsdale, Az nowadays. I see both sides...but really kinda surprised how respectful the teenage kids are around here. Maybe it’s my rose colored glasses...

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562242 03/22/22 08:42 PM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Both my boys respect elders and people in general. My boys would have never hased an older person. The kids that did that are punks and need an old school lesson in respect.

When they were young I had this saying " The inmates don't rule the asylum."

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562246 03/22/22 08:48 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Well, I guess I'm on my way to speak with some parents. I just saw one of their garage doors open and they have the walls all busted up and whats not busted is covered in foul words and vulgar pictures. Probably going to be like talking to a rock.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562247 03/22/22 08:48 PM
O
Old Rabbit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Not teens, but just a year year out of them. We purchased a house in Whitehouse Tx, for our twin boys to go to UT Tyler and also had tow of their friends renting the other bedrooms. We met the new neighbors across the street that moved in about a month after we bought the college house. They called me aside and wanted to talk to be about our boys.
They said they were really worried about having 4 young kids living next door to them unsupervised but that they were truly amazed with their behavior. After they purchased the house, they flew back to California and packed up everything into a big U-Haul and drove to the new house. They were gone for three weeks and knew that would have an overgrown yard to mow. They were really surprised when they rounded the corner and saw a well manicured yard awaiting them. He told me that both of our boys helped them unload, move in and helped set up their house.
When everyone graduated and we sold the house, they said they hated to see them leave.
Really made me proud.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: Old Rabbit] #8562264 03/22/22 09:12 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Not teens, but just a year year out of them. We purchased a house in Whitehouse Tx, for our twin boys to go to UT Tyler and also had tow of their friends renting the other bedrooms. We met the new neighbors across the street that moved in about a month after we bought the college house. They called me aside and wanted to talk to be about our boys.
They said they were really worried about having 4 young kids living next door to them unsupervised but that they were truly amazed with their behavior. After they purchased the house, they flew back to California and packed up everything into a big U-Haul and drove to the new house. They were gone for three weeks and knew that would have an overgrown yard to mow. They were really surprised when they rounded the corner and saw a well manicured yard awaiting them. He told me that both of our boys helped them unload, move in and helped set up their house.
When everyone graduated and we sold the house, they said they hated to see them leave.
Really made me proud.

Some of the best neighbors we have had were 4 college students we had as neighbors, Four different times, the boys were the quietest groups, there were 4 girls for 3 years, They kind of like to party, but were quiet about it. Our son was in high school and he liked the "scenery".

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562270 03/22/22 09:18 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sticks and stones.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562281 03/22/22 09:26 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
turned into a one upper thread.

Most kids suk these days because of what they see every day on their phones. Social media

Parents can't keep them off Social Media. I don't care what kind of a parent you think you are.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Unruly teens [Re: Old Rabbit] #8562330 03/22/22 10:10 PM
C
cm250 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Really made me proud.

There is still at least some hope for future generations! Always taught my kids to respect others as well. Have never heard a complaint from anyone on there behavior. Not to say they were angels, but know the meaning of respect and hard work.

My Yote toys,
Ruger 77 22-250
Foxpro 416B & numerous hand calls
God would never send Firefighters to Hell because we would put the fire out!
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562337 03/22/22 10:18 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
It does not surprise me that any of you guys raise your kids the way you have into respectful adults. I raised my boys the same way.

Think about it...we are all conservative and probably Christian households. Our values have carried over from generation to generation.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562343 03/22/22 10:27 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
old guy should of turn the amberlamps on them punks

[Linked Image]
Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562347 03/22/22 10:32 PM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Pretty tough on my kids as well and I have high expectations. But I’m also not stupid and naive. If all you that think you have your house in order well guess what, they will screw up and make a bad decision when you are not around. It’s gonna happen

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562366 03/22/22 11:03 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Well, I guess I'm on my way to speak with some parents. I just saw one of their garage doors open and they have the walls all busted up and whats not busted is covered in foul words and vulgar pictures. Probably going to be like talking to a rock.

Curious what the outcome was...

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562599 03/23/22 03:42 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I just wish I could buy a house for my kid to live in during college.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: unclebubba] #8562667 03/23/22 11:49 AM
H
hook_n_line Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Curious what the outcome was...

Not a kid on the street yesterday and only one of 3 houses opened the door. Dad said it wouldn't happen again and had his kid go and apologize. He will also be helping with the gardening. I'll be waiting on the opportunity to speak with the others' parents soon.

Re: Unruly teens [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8562696 03/23/22 12:29 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
I strongly believe that all kids learn by example.

There are a few bad seeds but generally you are 99.9% correct.

up

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562714 03/23/22 12:48 PM
H
huntingbig8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
I'd beat my kids [censored] if they acted like that to an older man or woman

Re: Unruly teens [Re: hook_n_line] #8562749 03/23/22 01:31 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Not a kid on the street yesterday and only one of 3 houses opened the door. Dad said it wouldn't happen again and had his kid go and apologize. He will also be helping with the gardening. I'll be waiting on the opportunity to speak with the others' parents soon.

So you are interfering and getting involved with speaking to parents for something that didn't even involve you in the first place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide