1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic #8560680 03/20/22 07:51 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
https://www.yahoo.com/news/10-wounded-arkansas-shooting-outside-020108410.html

Dumas Arkansas is a city of about 4,000 located about 90 miles (144 kilometers) south of Little Rock. The car show is part of a community event held each spring called Hood-Nic, which is short for neighborhood picnic. The Hood-Nic Foundation says on its website that its mission is to “rebuild, reunite, and respond to the needs of the youth in our communities.”

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560694 03/20/22 08:07 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Can't go anywhere any more.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: reeltexan] #8560707 03/20/22 08:47 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by reeltexan

exactly why they are no longer going after the criminals , they have given criminals free reign to come after us all.

[Linked Image]
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560712 03/20/22 09:00 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

[Linked Image]
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: Tin Head] #8560717 03/20/22 09:05 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by reeltexan

exactly why they are no longer going after the criminals , they have given criminals free reign to come after us all.

Almost like...it was their plan all along!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560722 03/20/22 09:13 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Probably some cracker shootin the place up. I didn’t read the article

🍻
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560727 03/20/22 09:26 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Car show and hood , seems legit

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560728 03/20/22 09:26 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
These types of venues can be unsafe. Especially for children. I attended the last day of the Houston Rodeo and Brad Paisley concert last night at the NRG center in Houston. I had no idea what was happening during the concert. Attendance was far greater than any night past two weeks. I did not see one badge or security person that night. The carnival area was a gridlock sea of humanity as were street intersections. There just was NO security or enforcement of any kind. If a fight had broke out there would have been lots of serious injuries. I don’t know what if any security was available at the Dumas event. With large gatherings of people, I feel these event organizers are culpable if security is not provided. This seems to be more the norm today. Probably not enough police or security personnel to be had.

Enjoy yourself going to these events but be aware at all times; especially if you have family to protect.

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560730 03/20/22 09:27 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I grew up near there.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560751 03/20/22 10:17 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I pass on anything that might get that crowded.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560764 03/20/22 10:46 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Keep hoping all the thugs & hood rats will exterminate themselves someday. In the meantime I keep myself armed and extra mags close by and try hard to avoid large crowds.

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: Walkabout] #8560777 03/20/22 11:11 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Walkabout
These types of venues can be unsafe. Especially for children. I attended the last day of the Houston Rodeo and Brad Paisley concert last night at the NRG center in Houston. I had no idea what was happening during the concert. Attendance was far greater than any night past two weeks. I did not see one badge or security person that night. The carnival area was a gridlock sea of humanity as were street intersections. There just was NO security or enforcement of any kind. If a fight had broke out there would have been lots of serious injuries. I don’t know what if any security was available at the Dumas event. With large gatherings of people, I feel these event organizers are culpable if security is not provided. This seems to be more the norm today. Probably not enough police or security personnel to be had.

Enjoy yourself going to these events but be aware at all times; especially if you have family to protect.

Yep, we went to the state fair this past year. It was myself, wife, 3 YO son, MIL, and MIL’s Brother from Peru. It happened to be the high school night. It was insanely packed. Lines to get tickets were 30 minute plus at ever kiosk. Place was a madhouse. All the lots were full so we tried one of the smaller lots and the Hispanic lady waved me off and said no truck too big. So we turned around and was trying to find more parking. This little SUV was pulling out from beside probably 500 more cars that were parked in that area so I jumped on it and parked there.

Anyway we come out about 11pm and sure enough my truck is gone. Waved down a police officer and told him my truck was gone that it might have been stolen. He said where did you park? I pointed to where it was and he said no it’s been towed. I asked if he knew the tow company that worked that area. He said nope, and I probably needed to get my family out of the area because a lot of “kids” were coming out of the fair and loitering and stuff was probably about to get bad.

We walked to the nearest gas station to see if they knew the info for the tow company and just as we got through the probably 50 people in the parking lot the store owner was locking up and putting a chain on his door. So we had to go further into the mess to the next gas station. There we actually got in and the worker was no help. As we were leaving I just happened to see a sign on the dumpster with the tow company info on it. Called them and yep they had my truck.

It’s now about 12AM and we tried to get an Uber to the tow place. Uber actually made us walk about a mile to a “safe pickup area” before they’d even pick us up.

Walking through the streets we got a lot of stare downs and looks. Thank goodness Texas State Fair actually let’s you carry on premise with a CHL. Felt like a fish out of water and my head was on a swivel. Will not be going back to the fair it’s just not worth it to me, I know it was my fault for parking where i parked, but just soured me on the whole experience and I don’t need to in or taking my family to the ghetto.

[Linked Image]

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560789 03/20/22 11:27 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
With towns like Austin indicting officers for using city issued riot protection devices during BLM rallies, why would you think LEO would want to take off duty assignments? Especially when defunding has created personnel shortages providing many OT hours which dovetails into retirement?

Getting people to work when and where needed is becoming a major issue.

Last edited by Hudbone; 03/20/22 11:28 PM.
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: Davis300] #8560794 03/20/22 11:37 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Davis300
Keep hoping all the thugs & hood rats will exterminate themselves someday. In the meantime I keep myself armed and extra mags close by and try hard to avoid large crowds.

Flatbills reproduce faster than they kill each other.

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560857 03/21/22 01:05 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Is it odd that hood S happens in the hood or is it just me

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560918 03/21/22 01:59 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We’re there switches being used at the Hood Nic?

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: ntxtrapper] #8560923 03/21/22 02:05 AM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Davis300

Flatbills reproduce faster than they kill each other.

Perhaps, we should start making ammo donations... slinger

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: KRoyal] #8560938 03/21/22 02:29 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Yep, we went to the state fair this past year. It was myself, wife, 3 YO son, MIL, and MIL’s Brother from Peru. It happened to be the high school night. It was insanely packed. Lines to get tickets were 30 minute plus at ever kiosk. Place was a madhouse. All the lots were full so we tried one of the smaller lots and the Hispanic lady waved me off and said no truck too big. So we turned around and was trying to find more parking. This little SUV was pulling out from beside probably 500 more cars that were parked in that area so I jumped on it and parked there.

Anyway we come out about 11pm and sure enough my truck is gone. Waved down a police officer and told him my truck was gone that it might have been stolen. He said where did you park? I pointed to where it was and he said no it’s been towed. I asked if he knew the tow company that worked that area. He said nope, and I probably needed to get my family out of the area because a lot of “kids” were coming out of the fair and loitering and stuff was probably about to get bad.

We walked to the nearest gas station to see if they knew the info for the tow company and just as we got through the probably 50 people in the parking lot the store owner was locking up and putting a chain on his door. So we had to go further into the mess to the next gas station. There we actually got in and the worker was no help. As we were leaving I just happened to see a sign on the dumpster with the tow company info on it. Called them and yep they had my truck.

It’s now about 12AM and we tried to get an Uber to the tow place. Uber actually made us walk about a mile to a “safe pickup area” before they’d even pick us up.

Walking through the streets we got a lot of stare downs and looks. Thank goodness Texas State Fair actually let’s you carry on premise with a CHL. Felt like a fish out of water and my head was on a swivel. Will not be going back to the fair it’s just not worth it to me, I know it was my fault for parking where i parked, but just soured me on the whole experience and I don’t need to in or taking my family to the ghetto.

Omg

Nothing good happens south of 635

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8560956 03/21/22 02:48 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Yea the officer said it was actually a quiet night. Normally on high school night they have numerous fights and some times shootings.

I think it was probably just the calm before the storm.

[Linked Image]

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8561188 03/21/22 02:43 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Hell, we never got the truth about Vegas.

[Linked Image]

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: Brother in-law] #8561197 03/21/22 02:50 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Omg

Nothing good happens south of 635

That's a fact.

Have not been to the state fair in over 10 years, and will not be back.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8561238 03/21/22 03:31 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Normalizing the Hood is part of the new normal.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: Brother in-law] #8561296 03/21/22 04:46 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Car show and hood , seems legit

Shocked. Shocked I am.

Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8561302 03/21/22 04:54 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Our foundry is in south dallas at Oak Ln. and Malcom X blvd. someone shot our guard dog. gates stay locked 24-7. frightening area.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: 1 dead 24 wounded at Hood-Nic [Re: NORML as can be] #8561323 03/21/22 05:28 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Spent half my childhood down there.

[Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide