Print Thread
STIC Knife for sale ***SPF*** #8118234 01/06/21 11:43 PM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
I've got two knives that have never been used and are safe queens that I purchased 12-14 years ago when I lived in San Antonio. I'm in Oklahoma now and would like to see these go back to Texas where I know at least one of them was made. The large chopper is a pretty cool knife and would be great around a camp. It was made by Travis Jason Fry before he became famous on Forged in Fire. I was actually having a custom knife made at the time when this beast popped-up on his website and I thought I had to have it too. It has the original leather sheath and has never been used. Made from a saw blade. $225 ****THE FRY CHOPPER IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS****

The small skinning knife was made by a smith who goes by the name STIC. He sold many blades on this forum years ago and his blades are highly sought after today. It too has the original leather sheath and has not been used. It has some distressed markings on the blade by design. Both knives bear the smith's acid etched logos. $175 $150 ****SOLD PENDING FUNDS****

I'll gladly ship to you and will provide tracking info. (Please add $10 and I'll ship your choice of Certified Mail or UPS) Having lived most of my life in Texas I have friends scattered around the state that could probably facilitate a FTF exchange if you're more comfortable doing that. I've been a member on this site for a long time and have made many a deals back in the day. I have a good reputation and I plan on keeping it that way. I'm not interested in any trades at this time.

After replying to this post I'll be glad to provide you my cell number and/or email for more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Doug
[Linked Image]
tHE

Last edited by GSP_Guy; 01/18/21 01:01 PM. Reason: No trades and broke set to individual pieces

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8118423 01/07/21 02:23 AM
N
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
STIC knives are made by Frank. GREAT guy! He is a ‘Cheese Head’ from Wisconsin (has lived there all his life as far as I know). I have several of his knives. He is making me another product as we speak.
Do you have a cash price for the STIC?

CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE FOR TOMORROW. INVEST IN TOMORROW BY TAKING A CHILD HUNTING OR FISHING TODAY.
Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: nuprofessor] #8118753 01/07/21 12:03 PM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Thanks professor for the STIC info. Glad to hear he's still making knives and I recognize his name now that you mention it. If you want to PM an offer I'll keep it handy. Maybe someone out there will want the camp knife only which would make it possible for me to break up the set.

Seeing you are in Missouri I'll mention the opportunity I had to take a weekend knife making course with Tom McGinnis in Ozark, MO a few years ago before his health issues. Heck of nice man. I walked away that weekend with a pretty nice knife.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8121948 01/09/21 01:18 PM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Major edit to post

Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8126084 01/12/21 11:59 AM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Might trade for 9mm Ammo

Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8126244 01/12/21 02:44 PM
J
Jason Fry Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
That knife is one of mine, not Travis'. I think that's one of the only sheaths I ever laced like that. Good price, real tempted to buy it back myself smile I can also tell you based on the logo that it's an early piece. I stopped using that logo by about 2013.

Last edited by Jason Fry; 01/12/21 02:48 PM.

Jason Fry
Fry Custom Knives
@frycustomknives on Instagram
Join my mailing list HERE.
Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: Jason Fry] #8126670 01/12/21 07:31 PM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Jason, my apologies and please excuse my error. You made a DDD model for me out of a file from my grandfathers tools I inherited. This knife was listed on your website at the time and I wound up getting it as well. The DDD is a cherished heirloom.

Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8128774 01/14/21 11:46 AM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
I'll cover the $10 shipping on the STIC skinner

Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8131494 01/16/21 11:23 AM
G
GSP_Guy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Price reduced on the STIC skinner

Re: Custom Knives Chopper & Skinner [Re: GSP_Guy] #8132205 01/17/21 02:36 AM
sticshooter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
still here guys up flag Still doing what I do. but having 6 grandkids 3 girls and 3 boys and 2 boys are twins it's busy. But not complaining.<><

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp Stic."

All gifts are bestowed by God, not to glorify ourselves, but to glorify Him.

The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide