Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7152870 04/26/18 06:59 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

They should be worried. The percentage of AARP members that own Yeti are minute. Same can be said for millennials. No one knew how to spell Yeti until hunters like Jim Shockey started promoting them.

At a membership of 38 million I would guess there are probably a lot more 50 year plus old hunters that are members of AARP than the NRA. We are the ones that are running up and down the highways and off hunting while the rest of you are at work.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7152892 04/26/18 07:26 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

They should be worried. The percentage of AARP members that own Yeti are minute. Same can be said for millennials. No one knew how to spell Yeti until hunters like Jim Shockey started promoting them.

At a membership of 38 million I would guess there are probably a lot more 50 year plus old hunters that are members of AARP than the NRA. We are the ones that are running up and down the highways and off hunting while the rest of you are at work.

I'm 57 and I wouldn't join that rip-off organization for nothing. They are nothing more than an insurance broker. I think most members are upper 60s+. Most retirees can't afford to hunt let alone a Yeti. I would bet there are very few Yeti owners. I've been working with pre retirees and retirees for 27 years now so I have a pretty good feel for this age group. Yeti's demographic for their product is a rifle target not a shotgun.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 04/26/18 07:28 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7152938 04/26/18 08:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

Extortion, WOW. I'm glad the NRA is flexing their muscles and speaking truth. That is what (some of us) pay them to do. yeti f'd up and took an anti 2'nd Amendment stance in the wake of "recent events" blaming the NRA, falling in line with the gun hating liberals. I'm honestly surprised that you speak against the only organization that actually fights for our 2'nd Amendment rights.

The NRA membership is only 5 million. The adult population, those over 18, of the USA is about 250 million, that basically means that only about 2% of Americans are members of the NRA. Now if this was the AARP with almost 38 million members, then Yeti might have to worry about it.

You don’t have to be a member to donate. Nobody but the NRA knows it’s memembership Numbers.

2016 NRA had $433.9 million on the books. est 165 million from dues....

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7152999 04/26/18 09:49 PM
B
Burk Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Dogcatcher,

Not all gun owners and 2A supporters are NRA members. If you want to look at numbers lets look at the population of Yeti owners that own firearms and fully support the 2nd Amendment. I bet you those numbers will most certainly affect their bottom line.

Last edited by Burk; 04/26/18 09:50 PM.
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Burk] #7154536 04/29/18 03:11 AM
C
crash700 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Burk
Yeti's reasoning stated above is a mere coverup and an attempt to save face for their bending to political correctness. Yeti is an extremely inferior and overpriced product that is made in China. I buy RTIC. If I am going to have Chinese made crap I might as well have cheap Chinese made crap.

My thoughts exactly. I have a couple of RTICS that I picked up at Buckeys when they were reduced in price. I would not buy anything from yeti, they are way over priced and now that they are anti NRA, they have no way of conning me out of my hard earned money.

Last edited by crash700; 04/29/18 03:12 AM.

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7154548 04/29/18 04:00 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Extortion, WOW. I'm glad the NRA is flexing their muscles and speaking truth. That is what (some of us) pay them to do. yeti f'd up and took an anti 2'nd Amendment stance in the wake of "recent events" blaming the NRA, falling in line with the gun hating liberals. I'm honestly surprised that you speak against the only organization that actually fights for our 2'nd Amendment rights.

The NRA membership is only 5 million. The adult population, those over 18, of the USA is about 250 million, that basically means that only about 2% of Americans are members of the NRA. Now if this was the AARP with almost 38 million members, then Yeti might have to worry about it.

You don’t have to be a member to donate. Nobody but the NRA knows it’s memembership Numbers.

From a response from the NRA. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170707/remarkable-finding-from-pew-survey
Quote:

The real NRA membership of about 5 million falls well short of this measure, even accounting for any statistical error the survey produced.

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Burk] #7154549 04/29/18 04:00 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Burk
Dogcatcher,

Not all gun owners and 2A supporters are NRA members. If you want to look at numbers lets look at the population of Yeti owners that own firearms and fully support the 2nd Amendment. I bet you those numbers will most certainly affect their bottom line.

There is no public data on that info.

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7155411 04/30/18 01:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

From a response from the NRA. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170707/remarkable-finding-from-pew-survey
Quote:

The real NRA membership of about 5 million falls well short of this measure, even accounting for any statistical error the survey produced.

Like I said no definitive number only the NRA knows, but you can look at membership dues via taxes to get a rough estimate. Also majority of thier income didn’t come from membership dues, came from sales/donations etc. which supports you don’t have to be a member to contribute

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7158728 05/03/18 02:27 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Maybe they could save face by offering every Boy Scout Troop a free Yeti.

Oh, that's right. They no longer call themselves Boy Scouts.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7158775 05/03/18 02:48 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I looked for them at the NRA convention exhibitors list...... bolt

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe