Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7149932 04/24/18 01:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Most won't listen to Yeti's reason, the NRA email is all they will open their mind to.

I could care less either way, company can sell or not sell to whom they please in my opinion, but they didn’t terminate any agreements with DU or RMEF.. etc

I would expect a billion company to be able to produce a well written response, with that said again DU and RMEF still have thier agreements in place.

Be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7149967 04/24/18 02:02 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
who ever doesn't want their yetis anymore, i'll take them

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150593 04/24/18 10:21 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Lots of [censored] covering going on!!! Not a coincidence that action taken after Park land shooting when those who lack constitutional knowledge or respect are taking action to appease the emotional masses. If you buy from Yeti aside from being a materialistic show off you are supporting the erosion of our most basic rights.

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150631 04/24/18 10:58 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Yeti is like buying a $3 bottle of water. You think it makes you look like what ever you think it does.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150677 04/24/18 11:29 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If a company donates merchandise at a reduced rate for several years, and then quits. Do they deserve to treated like this? If you as an individual donate $100 every year to a charity and then suddenly quits, should the charity start to bad mouth them because they stopped giving?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150742 04/25/18 12:27 AM
B
Burk Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Yeti's reasoning stated above is a mere coverup and an attempt to save face for their bending to political correctness. Yeti is an extremely inferior and overpriced product that is made in China. I buy RTIC. If I am going to have Chinese made crap I might as well have cheap Chinese made crap.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150750 04/25/18 12:32 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Meh. I've bought one Yeti product before but have had several given to me. I will continue to enjoy them

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7150861 04/25/18 02:01 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If a company donates merchandise at a reduced rate for several years, and then quits. Do they deserve to treated like this? If you as an individual donate $100 every year to a charity and then suddenly quits, should the charity start to bad mouth them because they stopped giving?

Well, that is exactly what the butthurt NRA is doing, isn't it. Since when are such gifts and gracious offers obligatory??? It is clear that the NRA is flexing its muscle and warning any others that are apt to jump ship that doing so will result in a butthurt smear campaign. I see this as nothing short of a form of extortion.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150865 04/25/18 02:03 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Meh for me too.
NRA is simply going about its #1 business - raising money. Nothing raises money better than a good “they’re out to get us” story.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7150866 04/25/18 02:03 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Well, that is exactly what the butthurt NRA is doing, isn't it. Since when are such gifts and gracious offers obligatory??? It is clear that the NRA is flexing its muscle and warning any others that are apt to jump ship that doing so will result in a butthurt smear campaign. I see this as nothing short of a form of extortion.

I believe in the next few years this will cost the NRA a lot of corporate sponsorship. Might even get on to costing them membership.

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7150884 04/25/18 02:20 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I believe in the next few years this will cost the NRA a lot of corporate sponsorship. Might even get on to costing them membership.

This is far from over....

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180424/alert-yeti-adds-insult-to-injury

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Flashprism] #7150890 04/25/18 02:22 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Flashprism
Lots of [censored] covering going on!!! Not a coincidence that action taken after Park land shooting when those who lack constitutional knowledge or respect are taking action to appease the emotional masses. If you buy from Yeti aside from being a materialistic show off you are supporting the erosion of our most basic rights.

YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.

Oh nooooo more facts coming out

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7150900 04/25/18 02:30 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7150962 04/25/18 03:05 AM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I don't have enough information to make a decision on this issue, but I do have a clarification and questions:

These are not donated products. These are orders for purchase by the foundation.

Yeti did not address whether or not it cancelled purchase orders.

Did Yeti disclose this publically before it took action?

Yeti, in its statement did not address whether or not it had discussed this with the foundation.

If this was simply a marketing change, why did it not honor existing orders?

Did the NRA seek clarification before it disclosed the issue publically? If so, it should disclose that conversation.
What other companies were cancelled as vendors? Were existing orders cancelled as well?

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: jnd59] #7151120 04/25/18 12:34 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart...mpany-logo/amp/

Timing is critical in the above. As is the fact yeti wanted all logo removal from anything nra related.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7151161 04/25/18 01:03 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
When I hear how afraid politicians are of the NRA the supporter of one of my most CHERISHED rights and then I see and hear folks who are supposed supporters of the 2nd amendment attack them it is mind boggling!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure the NRA could improve however WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thank GOD the NRA exists because without them right now I expect I'd be using a home made sling shot to defend myself and my family. Attacking the NRA is like amputating my left arm because it is not as versatile as my right!!!!!!!!!

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7151844 04/25/18 08:44 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

I guess that depends on whose side of the story you believe doesn't it?
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180424/alert-yeti-adds-insult-to-injury

I'm believing the NRA's side. If the NRA was outright lying, I doubt they would risk the potential litigation that would result from it.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 04/25/18 08:49 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7151964 04/25/18 10:19 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Good stuff Pitchfork. I'm taking the NRA's side too.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7152061 04/25/18 11:41 PM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

This is what liberals write when they use emotions instead of facts.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7152151 04/26/18 01:31 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

NRA had oreders placed on an agreed upon price. Yeti canceled those orders in the wake of the Parkland shooting. I'm a highschool, and vocational educated country boy, but where I come from that is called welching on a deal.

I can't figure out the fraction of a percent of business I do compared to a company as large as Yeti, but I can say this, when myself and my customer argree on a price, a date and time, I by Gawd show up and perform the work we agreed upon.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: blanked] #7152155 04/26/18 01:36 AM
C
ccoker Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
I already stated this elsewhere here.. a buddy (Todd Rathner) is a NRA board member..
He told me and I believe him that Yeti is in the wrong here..

Recall that Yeti has been majority owned by a NYC investment company for several years.. think about that for a second..

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: therancher] #7152187 04/26/18 02:08 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: therancher
“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.breitbart...mpany-logo/amp/

Timing is critical in the above. As is the fact yeti wanted all logo removal from anything nra related.

I wonder how long it took the YETI legal team to write their response in a way that dodged the facts.

But then, speaking in half truths is a core strength of those on the left.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 04/26/18 02:11 AM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7152343 04/26/18 06:13 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

This is what liberals write when they use emotions instead of facts.

Extortion, WOW. I'm glad the NRA is flexing their muscles and speaking truth. That is what (some of us) pay them to do. yeti f'd up and took an anti 2'nd Amendment stance in the wake of "recent events" blaming the NRA, falling in line with the gun hating liberals. I'm honestly surprised that you speak against the only organization that actually fights for our 2'nd Amendment rights.

Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: skinnerback] #7152820 04/26/18 05:54 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

Extortion, WOW. I'm glad the NRA is flexing their muscles and speaking truth. That is what (some of us) pay them to do. yeti f'd up and took an anti 2'nd Amendment stance in the wake of "recent events" blaming the NRA, falling in line with the gun hating liberals. I'm honestly surprised that you speak against the only organization that actually fights for our 2'nd Amendment rights.

The NRA membership is only 5 million. The adult population, those over 18, of the USA is about 250 million, that basically means that only about 2% of Americans are members of the NRA. Now if this was the AARP with almost 38 million members, then Yeti might have to worry about it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Yeti cuts ties with NRA [Re: dogcatcher] #7152860 04/26/18 06:38 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

The NRA membership is only 5 million. The adult population, those over 18, of the USA is about 250 million, that basically means that only about 2% of Americans are members of the NRA. Now if this was the AARP with almost 38 million members, then Yeti might have to worry about it.

They should be worried. The percentage of AARP members that own Yeti are minute. Same can be said for millennials. No one knew how to spell Yeti until hunters like Jim Shockey started promoting them.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 04/26/18 06:39 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide