Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: dee] #6855285 08/14/17 02:31 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: dee
Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

I guess y'all know something the professional shooters don't know.

Yet the top a majority of the top 10 current standings run german glass. Heck the mpa match that literally just ended 1-3 were german being 2 khales and a Schmidt. At the okie match I shot today there were schmidt outnumbered razor 2-1.

Kahles are made in Austria. So there's one German manufacturer that's making a capable scope for PRS. I personally think Swarovski has the best glass in earth. With their unmatched optical quality, why aren't they dominating precision matches? I bet there's more competition shooters running scopes manufactured at the LOW plant than the entire country of Germany.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855293 08/14/17 02:39 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: bphillips
As long as its quality they shoot what their sponsors give them or pay them to use. Vortex sponsor a lot along with having a solid Razor gen 2. Wonder what that would look like if they all had to buy their own and money didn't matter? That's something I'd be interested in seeing numbers on

I'm more interested to know why a shooter would leave a product if it was the best tool to help them win. Looks like a bunch of shooters have abandoned S&B in the last few years. Maybe they have some catching up to do.
Money.

Why do you think Kevin Van Dam fishes a Nitro, or Rory Mcilroy plays Nike?

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: EasyMoney] #6855301 08/14/17 02:42 AM
B
bphillips Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Isn't Kahles owned by Swarovski?

[Linked Image]
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: patriot07] #6855303 08/14/17 02:42 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: patriot07
As long as its quality they shoot what their sponsors give them or pay them to use. Vortex sponsor a lot along with having a solid Razor gen 2. Wonder what that would look like if they all had to buy their own and money didn't matter? That's something I'd be interested in seeing numbers on

I'm more interested to know why a shooter would leave a product if it was the best tool to help them win. Looks like a bunch of shooters have abandoned S&B in the last few years. Maybe they have some catching up to do.
Money.

Not comparable. Those guys are making millions to pimp their sponsors. Show me one PRS shooter that makes real money endorsing a scope.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: bphillips] #6855304 08/14/17 02:43 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I

Hell if I know. Their website doesn't indicate it. Just that every Kahles scope is made under the same roof in Austria.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855305 08/14/17 02:44 AM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

I guess y'all know something the professional shooters don't know.

Yet the top a majority of the top 10 current standings run german glass. Heck the mpa match that literally just ended 1-3 were german being 2 khales and a Schmidt. At the okie match I shot today there were schmidt outnumbered razor 2-1.

Kahles are made in Austria. So there's one German manufacturer that's making a capable scope for PRS. I personally think Swarovski has the best glass in earth. With their unmatched optical quality, why aren't they dominating precision matches? I bet there's more competition shooters running scopes manufactured at the LOW plant than the entire country of Germany.

Close enough it doesn't matter as both are steps above anything low makes except maybe march. Schmidt priced themselves out of the game but are working their way back. Low scopes cost a good bit less so you're going to see more. Downsides are glass quality and qc. If in a heavy mirage boil the European glass stands out by leaps and bounds.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855306 08/14/17 02:45 AM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Hell if I know. Their website doesn't indicate it. Just that every Kahles scope is made under the same roof in Austria.

Yes they are and the khales will soon be rebranded a swaro according to the reps.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: dee] #6855315 08/14/17 02:53 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I

Yes they are and the khales will soon be rebranded a swaro according to the reps.

That makes me really want to look through a Kahles. I love Swaro glass.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855322 08/14/17 03:01 AM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

That makes me really want to look through a Kahles. I love Swaro glass.

They aren't the same level. Each has their highs and lows.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855325 08/14/17 03:06 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Cabelas in Allen has a SB and a Kahles in the case. I didn't play with them long but he kahles was pretty dang good

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855333 08/14/17 03:14 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

Money.

Not comparable. Those guys are making millions to pimp their sponsors. Show me one PRS shooter that makes real money endorsing a scope.
I'm just saying. Unless the difference is night and day, people are gonna use what's free. I know a guide who fishes the FLW Tour and uses Garmin graphs. He used to use Lowrance exclusively before he was sponsored. I can't imagine he believes the Garmin is the best. But it's free and he makes a few bucks and it's good enough to still be competitive. I would assume that's how most of the PRS shooters feel. I don't have a dog in the fight, but to believe people are making equipment decisions 100% based on the quality of the equipment is a bit naive IMHO.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: EasyMoney] #6855416 08/14/17 10:55 AM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
There's no scope company in prs giving shooters optics. If they are sponsored there are incentives in discount below what most can pay but that's about it. Only exception would possibly be athlon but I've only ever seen one in person and it would have to be free for me to take it.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: EasyMoney] #6855476 08/14/17 12:04 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
most popular does not mean the best

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: dee] #6855482 08/14/17 12:12 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
There's no scope company in prs giving shooters optics. If they are sponsored there are incentives in discount below what most can pay but that's about it. Only exception would possibly be athlon but I've only ever seen one in person and it would have to be free for me to take it.

I am not disagreeing with you nor trying to change topics.
But are you 100% sure of this statement or only in a 200 mile radius?
And how are you certain?

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: blackcoal] #6855490 08/14/17 12:25 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

I am not disagreeing with you nor trying to change topics.
But are you 100% sure of this statement or only in a 200 mile radius?
And how are you certain?

Fortunate enough to shoot with some of the top sponsored shooters in the 400mile radius and they are more than willing to share intel.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: EasyMoney] #6855511 08/14/17 12:39 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
The only exception could possibly team gap and their bushy elites as they are in pretty deep with them. Not sure if it would be bushy donating or gap paying for them. Only other person who might get a scope free is Shannon Kay and khales but then again he designed 2 or more of their reticles.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: dee] #6855787 08/14/17 03:52 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I

I was gonna bring this up too. I shoot with a PRS guy occasionally and i was surprised to find out he has to pay for his scopes. And he finished in the top 10 last season. If they're not giving free gear to the top 10, they're not giving free gear to anyone. So it's not comparable to a Bassmaster Elite pro or PGA Tour pro that have companies throwing tons of money and free gear at them. There's more incentive for a PRS shooter to use whatever they feel will help them hit targets since they're buying their own equipment.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855812 08/14/17 04:11 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

I was gonna bring this up too. I shoot with a PRS guy occasionally and i was surprised to find out he has to pay for his scopes. And he finished in the top 10 last season. If they're not giving free gear to the top 10, they're not giving free gear to anyone. So it's not comparable to a Bassmaster Elite pro or PGA Tour pro that have companies throwing tons of money and free gear at them. There's more incentive for a PRS shooter to use whatever they feel will help them hit targets since they're buying their own equipment.
If that's true, then I agree my comparison isn't valid. I have a much better idea of how the golf and fishing sponsorships work than the shooting ones. And in golf and fishing, you use the equipment made by whoever gives you the most money.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: patriot07] #6855835 08/14/17 04:24 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I

If that's true, then I agree my comparison isn't valid. I have a much better idea of how the golf and fishing sponsorships work than the shooting ones. And in golf and fishing, you use the equipment made by whoever gives you the most money.

I know what you mean. I love Bassmaster and PGA golf too.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855865 08/14/17 04:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Know why there's so many Razors on that list?

Because the Razor guys have one on their rifle, and one in the truck as a back-up for break downs.

peep

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: J.G.] #6855876 08/14/17 04:50 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Know why there's so many Razors on that list?

Because the Razor guys have one on their rifle, and one in the truck as a back-up for break downs.

peep

That's why I'm gonna buy 3 more Gen 2 PSTs to keep in the truck. Im hoping 1 out of 5 will be good enough to use.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6855881 08/14/17 04:53 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You disappoint me.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: J.G.] #6855901 08/14/17 05:08 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
You disappoint me.

You know me better than that. Your ATACR has me looking at scopes a little different now. I think I'd rather have 1 $3k scope than 3 $1k scopes.

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: EasyMoney] #6855917 08/14/17 05:22 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
I'd just like one $1k scope... frown

Re: Scopes made in Japan [Re: patriot07] #6855932 08/14/17 05:37 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
I'd just like one $1k scope... frown

I started out with this one a couple years ago. It got me to 1000 yards with no problem.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide