Forums46
Topics538,046
Posts9,732,336
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: JimRitcholds481] #6659065 02/02/17 09:47 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: JimRitcholds481

oh 150, either way... should have been a dead hog the 308 is more than capable of pin point shooting at that distance. Now you're going to get the brutally honest review of the shot. It was premature, it was at a poor target, and it was poorly executed. You had plenty of available options to choose from, wait till it gave you a better target (best choice) shoot for center mass of the head/neck area(2nd best option) give it a chance to be 100% still (3rd best option). Also even though he moved his head, you pulled the shot slightly left anyway. The shooting at a walking hog moving toward you and trying to hit it in the head was what gave me the impression that you were trying to make a cool shot, I understand the allure of that but for most part it's not a good idea, i mean I'm guilty of it from time to time as well, heck I even posted a video of a head shot I made on a hog. Just spend some time shooting small targets at varying distances and improve the trigger pull and you'll be fine.

What kind of AR is that? i want a 308 AR for pig hunting myself.

He was actually walking away and was not stopping.. He started at 75 yards and we waited for 10 mins (you can see how dark it gets during editing out some of the wait time). We were both worried he was not going to stop and just keep going until he was in the far woods. But I agree I typically go for shoulder shots on my hogs. I played it back in slow motion several times (which I should have done in the video to show) but a split second before I pulled the trigger he moved his head back to the right which made me do a complete miss.

Next time I wont even show that miss (if it happens again) haha

It is a DPMS Oracle .308 - for its more of a DPMS LR.308 and not a true AR10 since ArmaLite is the only company to truly have an AR10.

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/02/17 10:06 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: DQ Kid] #6659068 02/02/17 09:48 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
I commend you for listening bud..Keep at it, it does improve with time, I've got nearly 40 years under my belt and still learning something new every season....

One day even you will like my my video LOL

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659069 02/02/17 09:50 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I already enjoy aspects of it, I do like your excited exuberance, just want to see it channeled more effectively. I am too camera shy to even think of filming a video myself plus they say the camera adds 20 lbs., LOL...

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: DQ Kid] #6659073 02/02/17 09:53 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
I already enjoy aspects of it, I do like your excited exuberance, just want to see it channeled more effectively. I am too camera shy to even think of filming a video myself plus they say the camera adds 20 lbs., LOL...

Nah the camera does not add 20 lbs but all the taco bell I eat does hahaha But I am in the process of loosing wieght to make the wife happy 20 down and 80 more to go! lol

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/02/17 09:54 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659079 02/02/17 09:56 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

It is a DPMS Oracle .308 - for its more of a DPMS LR.308 and not a true AR10 since armasight is the only company to truly have an AR10.

armasight have AR10?

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659081 02/02/17 09:56 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Any plans to film any Spring turkey hunts? I may have to have you eliminate a few corn buzzards from my place but only if you promise to bring the AR, LOL.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: DQ Kid] #6659099 02/02/17 10:09 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Any plans to film any Spring turkey hunts? I may have to have you eliminate a few corn buzzards from my place but only if you promise to bring the AR, LOL.

HAHA and yes I am looking for a few places to film some spring turkey. Looking to do it with my bow, I wish my ATn X-Sight was rated for a 12G or I would use that to film the kill show but I will just have to rely on my handheld for that.

The only AR I would use for Turley would be the AR15 haha the AR10 would be no meat left. And even I draw the line on using a rifle for turkey, but if it was in season and the county allowed fro center fire, and one was in front of me while hunting would I do it? maybe... LOL

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659152 02/02/17 10:43 PM
R
Red Bone 936 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
I added two more. Can't Believe you're not in jail

use this as your hunting script

1. Date and time
2. Location
3. Game in pursuit
4. moments before the shot
5. the shot
6. Kodak moment at recover site
7. Next
8. Permission from the landowner
9. I am hunting with a real outfitter

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659165 02/02/17 10:56 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

The only AR I would use for Turley would be the AR15 haha the AR10 would be no meat left. And even I draw the line on using a rifle for turkey, but if it was in season and the county allowed fro center fire, and one was in front of me while hunting would I do it? maybe... LOL

let me correct you on this

if you're shooting a turkey, chances are you're
keeping the breasts and 2 legs

shoot the turkey in the middle , high body cavity

you will have breasts and legs to take home

done it a few times with .308

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Red Bone 936] #6659221 02/02/17 11:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Red Bone 936
I added two more. Can't Believe you're not in jail

use this as your hunting script

1. Date and time
2. Location
3. Game in pursuit
4. moments before the shot
5. the shot
6. Kodak moment at recover site
7. Next
8. Permission from the landowner
9. I am hunting with a real outfitter

Maybe I missed it, but how did we find out that he didn't have permission?

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Sneaky] #6659232 02/02/17 11:27 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Maybe I missed it, but how did we find out that he didn't have permission?

He is talking about that video I did with a person who was a ranch manger and did not have permission to do hunts on a ranch. After my video aried he was arrested and myself and 20 other hunters are working with the Game Warden to provide enough evidence to put him away for a long time.

Red Bone is speaking about things he does not know about and not making himself look informed.

I posted posted that scam report on here about Garrett and I was not the only one scammed by that guy. I am the reason he is in jail and arrested for what he did to many many hunters. So Red Bone before you open your mouth in the future gain more information so you don't make yourself look like ignorance.

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/02/17 11:30 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659253 02/02/17 11:44 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yeah, that's not a fair accusation.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659281 02/03/17 12:05 AM
J
JimRitcholds481 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
This thread is better than facebook roflmao

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: JimRitcholds481] #6659288 02/03/17 12:11 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

Glad I could help lol

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: JimRitcholds481] #6659289 02/03/17 12:11 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

My dirty socks are better than facebook.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: KG68] #6659294 02/03/17 12:14 AM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: KG68
yawn Sorry but kill videos bore me. I don't understand the rush folks get filming them.

Agree. We've all watched hundreds of shows and seen hundreds of monster deer killed, I think guys are more into "the story" these days and less in "the kill" or the size of the deer.

Show some aerials of the location, stand sites, and animal travel routes. Give us a back story on any target animals in the area, progression pics are great, and your strategy for going after them, meaning morning vs evening or specific wind direction. Again, size isn't the end all be all, I'd look to go after mature animals.

Do not try to tell us things are what they aren't. Don't fabricate shot yardage, shot location, animal age or animal size. The first video I watched was the one with Garrett where you both were telling us how big and old those deer were and every person that watched those knew you were wrong on both accounts. I know you are trying to make a good show but it doesn't come off that way.

I've said before the 2 best hunting shows on TV are major league Bowhunter and heartland Bowhunter, both are very well done IMO, great music, great video and it's not all about the kill.

Good luck

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Sneaky] #6659321 02/03/17 12:29 AM
J
JimRitcholds481 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J

They're filled with ammusing arguments too?! must have a lot going on inside your shoes bahaha

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: JimRitcholds481] #6659328 02/03/17 12:33 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

They're filled with ammusing arguments too?! must have a lot going on inside your shoes bahaha

You would be surprised.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: jshouse] #6659359 02/03/17 01:00 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: jshouse
Originally Posted By: KG68
yawn Sorry but kill videos bore me. I don't understand the rush folks get filming them.

Agree. We've all watched hundreds of shows and seen hundreds of monster deer killed, I think guys are more into "the story" these days and less in "the kill" or the size of the deer.

Show some aerials of the location, stand sites, and animal travel routes. Give us a back story on any target animals in the area, progression pics are great, and your strategy for going after them, meaning morning vs evening or specific wind direction. Again, size isn't the end all be all, I'd look to go after mature animals.

Do not try to tell us things are what they aren't. Don't fabricate shot yardage, shot location, animal age or animal size. The first video I watched was the one with Garrett where you both were telling us how big and old those deer were and every person that watched those knew you were wrong on both accounts. I know you are trying to make a good show but it doesn't come off that way.

I've said before the 2 best hunting shows on TV are major league Bowhunter and heartland Bowhunter, both are very well done IMO, great music, great video and it's not all about the kill.

Good luck

Good feedback thank you.. And yes I agree with what you said about the show with garrett. I tried to tone it down here and be more about the harvest of meat which is what the hunt was. Got lucky that a nice mature doe came out. I was planning on ding drone video too but my battery was not charged when the charger said full :-(

Next time for that.

Great info...

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659510 02/03/17 02:40 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Now there is something I would sit down to watch....drone footage of the shot and the animal running off or dropping. That's a perspective that isn't out there and you could potentially have a winning combination there.

Mixing ground footage of the stand set up, drone footage of the travel routes with animals on them, then footage of the lead up and shot from ground and drone...could be really cool.

Just thinking out loud, but if it's a winner I want a share of the Emmy...or at least a shout out from the stage!

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659929 02/03/17 02:00 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
I have a neat hint to tell you. You don't have to use a semi-auto for pigs.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: budward] #6660086 02/03/17 03:42 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: budward
I have a neat hint to tell you. You don't have to use a semi-auto for pigs.

Even neater is the fact that he can if he wants to. Seems to me, that's what he wants to do.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6660179 02/03/17 04:46 PM
Streater Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I think that you should leave the guns at home one episode, and show us how you scout new properties. Maybe show us how you plant a summer food plot with only a machete, steel rake and a gallon of Round Up. Might add more substance about the HUNT; not just blasting animals with a badass rifle.

KUDOS for taking this brutal criticism like a man. Take it all as constructive and you'll have a much better chance of success.

Last edited by Streater; 02/03/17 04:49 PM.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6660342 02/03/17 06:55 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Hey i give you credit too, you have more balls than most people by putting yourself out there like you have. Good job.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Streater] #6660350 02/03/17 06:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Streater
I think that you should leave the guns at home one episode, and show us how you scout new properties. Maybe show us how you plant a summer food plot with only a machete, steel rake and a gallon of Round Up. Might add more substance about the HUNT; not just blasting animals with a badass rifle.

KUDOS for taking this brutal criticism like a man. Take it all as constructive and you'll have a much better chance of success.

I did an episode on how I scout Public land using technology when you do not have weeks to walk everywhere. Unfortunately I did not get back there to film this year becuase I moved to Austin. But my friend went out to the spots I highlighted from this and tagged out this year. Too bad he did not record :-(

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/03/17 07:03 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide