Forums46
Topics538,498
Posts9,737,810
Members87,094
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658813 02/02/17 06:39 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
"The yote, we came across in a pipeline while driving around and it was running full speed but they have been causing problems on this ranch so even though it was a low % shot it was a yote and had to try. Would never try that on a game animal."

We, the viewing public, don't know that. All we know is that we saw you take the shot. Also, on the does, you are not hunting with a bow, don't say, "we are going to give her some time," and then, "we are going to give her some more time." If you can't get down right away on a doe, then you made a very poor shot and that whole seen should not be shown. You spent way to much time trying to explain why you made a poor shot. And I would never watch a show where someone was using a AR-10. That's just me.
AND don't explain to us anymore the reason that you did something. We don't care. You asked for us to be blunt and honest. Just read our messages, say, "thank you." and decide for yourself what you are going to change or not going to change. Remember, everyone here is trying to help you be the best at what you are doing. Don't take it personally...I know that is hard.

Last edited by Mr. T.; 02/02/17 06:56 PM.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Mr. T.] #6658846 02/02/17 06:56 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Mr. T.
"The yote, we came across in a pipeline while driving around and it was running full speed but they have been causing problems on this ranch so even though it was a low % shot it was a yote and had to try. Would never try that on a game animal."

We, the viewing public, don't know that. All we know is that we saw you take the shot. Also, on the does, you are not hunting with a bow, don't say, "we are going to give her some time," and then, "we are going to give her some more time." If you can't get down right away on a doe, then you made a very poor shot and that who seen should not be shown. You spent way to much time trying to explain why you made a poor shot. And I would never watch a show where someone was using a AR-10. That's just me.

So an inch behind the shoulder double lung shot is a poor shot? (which was right where I was aiming so I would not destroy shoulder meat) 90% of the time the drop right there with that shot but she did not but ran about 50-60 yards and crashed.

Where do you aim?

Why all the hate on an AR10? It is the same thing as a bolt .308 just a larger magazine. Its not like I am unloading the magazine, haha I just don't like to carry multiple guns to the field when I could be hunting different animals.

I truly do not understand the disdain towards a .308 on an AR platform...

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/02/17 06:58 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658853 02/02/17 07:00 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
I have a .270 bolt action... I guess with my QD mount I could easily save another profile for my scope and switch it to that for deer hunts, but then again we get back to the same thing I do not like which is bringing multiple rifles for hunts. It is a lot easier and less to pack when I just take one rifle to use for hogs at night and deer during the day.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658861 02/02/17 07:05 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
JT, you know I usually try to be supportive of you bud but you need to really spend more time on honing in your shooting proficiency and less time on the on film joking. Whether you are shooting at hogs, coyotes, deer or rabbits, way too many missed or poorly placed shots there. If you have them which we all do, edit some more of them out. Way too amateurish for my taste. I don't expect you to perfectly execute every shot but you should at least attempt to. I surely don't but then again I'm also not filming and showing my hunts for entertainment value. Make sense?

I understand where you are coming from... The rabbits were not me but then again was trying for a head shot only so all or nothing to save the meat. Headshot on a rabbit is a tough shot to begin with.

The yote, we came across in a pipeline while driving around and it was running full speed but they have been causing problems on this ranch so even though it was a low % shot it was a yote and had to try. Would never try that on a game animal.

The Hog never turned our direction and was facing away from us walking the opposite direction. Finally, he turned his head but right when we took the head shot he turned it away from us. If I had aimed for a body shot it would have hit him in the [censored] and would have been just an injury and not a kill.. I will not take those kidns of shots.

I am just not afraid to show misses, because it keeps it more real. How many people have been night hunting fro hogs and decide to take a rabbit and miss the head shots at 100 yards I am betting more than would admit.

The only unethical shot attempted was the yote running away, but I have no regrets with trying to take out a yote with low % of success. But thats just me

you think there is a large number of people taking 100y head shots on rabbits, at night?

Last edited by jshouse; 02/02/17 07:06 PM.

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: jshouse] #6658879 02/02/17 07:23 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: jshouse
JT, you know I usually try to be supportive of you bud but you need to really spend more time on honing in your shooting proficiency and less time on the on film joking. Whether you are shooting at hogs, coyotes, deer or rabbits, way too many missed or poorly placed shots there. If you have them which we all do, edit some more of them out. Way too amateurish for my taste. I don't expect you to perfectly execute every shot but you should at least attempt to. I surely don't but then again I'm also not filming and showing my hunts for entertainment value. Make sense?

I understand where you are coming from... The rabbits were not me but then again was trying for a head shot only so all or nothing to save the meat. Headshot on a rabbit is a tough shot to begin with.

The yote, we came across in a pipeline while driving around and it was running full speed but they have been causing problems on this ranch so even though it was a low % shot it was a yote and had to try. Would never try that on a game animal.

The Hog never turned our direction and was facing away from us walking the opposite direction. Finally, he turned his head but right when we took the head shot he turned it away from us. If I had aimed for a body shot it would have hit him in the [censored] and would have been just an injury and not a kill.. I will not take those kidns of shots.

I am just not afraid to show misses, because it keeps it more real. How many people have been night hunting fro hogs and decide to take a rabbit and miss the head shots at 100 yards I am betting more than would admit.

The only unethical shot attempted was the yote running away, but I have no regrets with trying to take out a yote with low % of success. But thats just me

you think there is a large number of people taking 100y head shots on rabbits, at night?

No but when you are bored and have not seen a hog and still want to cook something over the camp fire why not try? Got for the head and if you miss then no harm done... If you make the shot then you have a good little meal at camp with no meat ruined.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658906 02/02/17 07:52 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M

We, the viewing public, don't know that. All we know is that we saw you take the shot. Also, on the does, you are not hunting with a bow, don't say, "we are going to give her some time," and then, "we are going to give her some more time." If you can't get down right away on a doe, then you made a very poor shot and that who seen should not be shown. You spent way to much time trying to explain why you made a poor shot. And I would never watch a show where someone was using a AR-10. That's just me.

So an inch behind the shoulder double lung shot is a poor shot? (which was right where I was aiming so I would not destroy shoulder meat) 90% of the time the drop right there with that shot but she did not but ran about 50-60 yards and crashed.

Where do you aim?

Why all the hate on an AR10? It is the same thing as a bolt .308 just a larger magazine. Its not like I am unloading the magazine, haha I just don't like to carry multiple guns to the field when I could be hunting different animals.

I truly do not understand the disdain towards a .308 on an AR platform...

Honestly, how many of the established deer hunting shows do you see where the host is using a AR. That would be none. There is a reason. It is because 99% of deer hunters don't use an AR. If you are trying to market your shows, you need to know your market. You don't want someone like me turning you off simply because in my view you are using an assault weapon to hunt deer with. Not talking about pigs or coyotes. However, I assume that you have a lot of time and a great deal of money already tied up in your AR and scopes. What I said about your shot on the doe was that you made it appeared to me that you had made a bad shot. You stated that you have to give it time before you track it. Once you find it you spent a lot of time talking about how you had to lean back and the scope was so far from your eye. All I want to hear is that you set up on the shot, made a good one shot kill, and are proud of your animal. Again, don't ask for us to tear it apart and then come back defending it. That will cause some not to give you a hard honest report. Also, never show missed shots....even on rabbits.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658914 02/02/17 07:59 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Assault weapon? That's a liberal term, you know.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658917 02/02/17 08:02 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C

use this as your hunting script

1. Date and time
2. Location
3. Game in pursuit
4. moments before the shot
5. the shot
6. Kodak moment at recover site
7. Next

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Sneaky] #6658923 02/02/17 08:07 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

rifle
This is what happened to the last person who called me a liberal!!!! Notice that I am using my assault weapon.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: cabosandinh] #6658924 02/02/17 08:08 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: cabosandinh

use this as your hunting script

1. Date and time
2. Location
3. Game in pursuit
4. moments before the shot
5. the shot
6. Kodak moment at recover site
7. Next

That would be a very good script to start with.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Mr. T.] #6658927 02/02/17 08:10 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

rifle
This is what happened to the last person who called me a liberal!!!! Notice that I am using my assault weapon.

you're a white terrorist .... damn you

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Mr. T.] #6658947 02/02/17 08:27 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Honestly, how many of the established deer hunting shows do you see where the host is using a AR. That would be none. There is a reason. It is because 99% of deer hunters don't use an AR. If you are trying to market your shows, you need to know your market. You don't want someone like me turning you off simply because in my view you are using an assault weapon to hunt deer with. Not talking about pigs or coyotes. However, I assume that you have a lot of time and a great deal of money already tied up in your AR and scopes. What I said about your shot on the doe was that you made it appeared to me that you had made a bad shot. You stated that you have to give it time before you track it. Once you find it you spent a lot of time talking about how you had to lean back and the scope was so far from your eye. All I want to hear is that you set up on the shot, made a good one shot kill, and are proud of your animal. Again, don't ask for us to tear it apart and then come back defending it. That will cause some not to give you a hard honest report. Also, never show missed shots....even on rabbits.

Just keeping it real.. Why not show missed shots? they happen so, if I miss I will show it.

Thank you for the feedback the only part I do not understand is being against Ar platforms (they are not assault weapons) haha

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658966 02/02/17 08:40 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C

Thank you for the feedback the only part I do not understand is being against Ar platforms (they are not assault weapons) haha

you miss so much that having additional rounds in that AR won't help you;
you struggle with sight picture/target acquisition

(just facts based on what I've seen you've posted )

I have nothing against AR for deer hunting, it's a combination
of your youthful giddiness, lack of experience and a black gun
used for deer hunting that 'some' were put off by it

Do the next video with an 1895 High Wall

show off the immaculate craftsman that goes into fitting that burly wood
with its cold metal host
Brag about having only 1 cartridge in the chamber
Then show the game dropped at the spot

Your cred/swag/whatever hippiness they want to call it - will go up 10 fold

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658980 02/02/17 08:48 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
"Just keeping it real.. Why not show missed shots? they happen so, if I miss I will show it."

Really? Please explain to me why I would want to waste 30 minutes of my life watching a show where the climax is someone missing the shot. What have I learned. That they weren't prepared, that they have not practiced with their rifle enough, that they did not have the skill to hunt whatever they were hunting. Or have I learned that I should not do what they did.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6658984 02/02/17 08:51 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Oh, and I do owe you an explanation about my feelings on a AR.
I'm old and this is what I see. A standard rifle..used for pleasure and hunting. A AR rifle, a combat weapon used for overkill.
I've enjoyed our conversation, but I've got to get back to work now. I wish you a lot of luck in your endeavor.

Last edited by Mr. T.; 02/02/17 08:53 PM.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659014 02/02/17 09:19 PM
J
JimRitcholds481 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
i reckon im kinda like most everyone else in my critique, AR for deer isn't my style but at least you were using a round big enough to do the job effectively. As far as the shooting.... not good. No reason a hog at 70-100 yards should be missed by trying to make "a cool shot", just spend some more time at the range, heck you could even film that lol. Anyway, to each their own... good luck with the future videos.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: JimRitcholds481] #6659027 02/02/17 09:26 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: JimRitcholds481
i reckon im kinda like most everyone else in my critique, AR for deer isn't my style but at least you were using a round big enough to do the job effectively. As far as the shooting.... not good. No reason a hog at 70-100 yards should be missed by trying to make "a cool shot", just spend some more time at the range, heck you could even film that lol. Anyway, to each their own... good luck with the future videos.

I am curious.. Where did you get the feeling that I was trying to make a "cool shot?" I would really like to know where I gave that impression... This is why I make these posts :-)

I usually go for a shoulder shot but this one was facing directly away from us and was not stopping. He finally turned his head to the side for a head shot but right as we shot he turned his head away. (which you see in the video) If I had aimed any more to the right for a body shot it would have hit the hog in the [censored] which would have wounded him for sure instead of a kill.

I really wish he had a broadside shot for us to make and he would have been DRT. I should have also mentioned in the video it was 150 yards away (will make sur eto mention distance in the next video for sure)

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 02/02/17 09:27 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659032 02/02/17 09:32 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Where do you aim?

Jt,
If you look at the picture I took off your video (all the way back on the first page) it is clear the shot wasn't 1 inche behind the shoulder and I don't know how it could have been a double lung. You even said it hit liver in an earlier post, double lung and liver don't go together and are in separate anatomical compartments (i.e. chest cavity vs abdominal cavity). Based on the picture I saw, it looks like you probably hit lung liver on the side the bullet entered and then the bullet went back further and should have hit guts. The exit wound is clearly past the rib cage and no where near the shoulder.

I am not trying to be mean, but the facts are the facts, and although you felt like the shot was just a touch behind the shoulder, with the way the deer was quartering toward you, the shot was "way" behind the shoulder.

Again, aiming for the opposite shoulder (just like in bow hunting you want to aim for the exit to be good not the entrance) is a good way to go if you are trying to take game down. Or waiting for the deer to be fully broadside is helpful. Hard to do when you are shooting for the double for video...again, just trying to be constructive but not mean.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: cabosandinh] #6659035 02/02/17 09:34 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: cabosandinh

you miss so much that having additional rounds in that AR won't help you;
you struggle with sight picture/target acquisition

(just facts based on what I've seen you've posted )

I have nothing against AR for deer hunting, it's a combination
of your youthful giddiness, lack of experience and a black gun
used for deer hunting that 'some' were put off by it

Do the next video with an 1895 High Wall

show off the immaculate craftsman that goes into fitting that burly wood
with its cold metal host
Brag about having only 1 cartridge in the chamber
Then show the game dropped at the spot

Your cred/swag/whatever hippiness they want to call it - will go up 10 fold

I can understand that since The other video I posted showed 3 misses on running hogs. (but did show 5 kills) But hard to practice running hog shots..

And the guy that was with me did miss those rabbits a bunch trying to shoot the head at over 100 yards lol I showed it becuase I thought it was funny at how expensive that one rabbit was turning out to be for him. But he really wanted to BBQ a rabbit at camp and had a supressor on so keept at it. His ammo. I did not even try with my .308 becuase thats a hard shot to make with ammo that is 1.00 a round.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659039 02/02/17 09:38 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
JT, I'm going to shoot with you straight here. With your night scopes and IR vision and A/R plus your general gun handling and demeanor on the videos, you are kind of coming across as a guy that more enjoys filling the air with lead than a hunter that is cognizantly concerned with humanely harvesting what he decides to shoot at. I could be completely wrong but it does seem the vibe you're throwing. If you truly enjoying shooting and not as much harvesting, maybe you should be videoing time at the rifle range or something. You're posting on the THF where many of us are very experienced hunters and rifle shooters so carrying around somewhat of an air of "non-concern" probably has more than just a few of us a bit skeptical of your true intentions. For the record, I could care less if you're shooting a slingshot, crossbow, long bow, AR, single shot, bolt action, etc. just do so with a semi-serious sense of concern in mind.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659051 02/02/17 09:41 PM
J
JimRitcholds481 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J

oh 150, either way... should have been a dead hog the 308 is more than capable of pin point shooting at that distance. Now you're going to get the brutally honest review of the shot. It was premature, it was at a poor target, and it was poorly executed. You had plenty of available options to choose from, wait till it gave you a better target (best choice) shoot for center mass of the head/neck area(2nd best option) give it a chance to be 100% still (3rd best option). Also even though he moved his head, you pulled the shot slightly left anyway. The shooting at a walking hog moving toward you and trying to hit it in the head was what gave me the impression that you were trying to make a cool shot, I understand the allure of that but for most part it's not a good idea, i mean I'm guilty of it from time to time as well, heck I even posted a video of a head shot I made on a hog. Just spend some time shooting small targets at varying distances and improve the trigger pull and you'll be fine.

What kind of AR is that? i want a 308 AR for pig hunting myself.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Texas buckeye] #6659052 02/02/17 09:41 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

Where do you aim?

Jt,
If you look at the picture I took off your video (all the way back on the first page) it is clear the shot wasn't 1 inche behind the shoulder and I don't know how it could have been a double lung. You even said it hit liver in an earlier post, double lung and liver don't go together and are in separate anatomical compartments (i.e. chest cavity vs abdominal cavity). Based on the picture I saw, it looks like you probably hit lung liver on the side the bullet entered and then the bullet went back further and should have hit guts. The exit wound is clearly past the rib cage and no where near the shoulder.

I am not trying to be mean, but the facts are the facts, and although you felt like the shot was just a touch behind the shoulder, with the way the deer was quartering toward you, the shot was "way" behind the shoulder.

Again, aiming for the opposite shoulder (just like in bow hunting you want to aim for the exit to be good not the entrance) is a good way to go if you are trying to take game down. Or waiting for the deer to be fully broadside is helpful. Hard to do when you are shooting for the double for video...again, just trying to be constructive but not mean.

I am going off of what it looked like inside the doe when I dressed her: both lungs were destroyed and the liver was 1/2 to shreds with no gut hit. The round went in right in the middle of the shoulder which I show you in the video for the entrance wound Which you can even see int he picture below of the hide. She was quartering away and the blood you saw in the picture you posted the exit wound was just in front of that blood which is about 1/2 way back.

But I understand your thought process base don that screen shot that you took 100%

I agree a double (1,2,3 shot) does not always make for the best conditions as you are committed at the count of 3 lol and can make you rush or punch the trigger.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: DQ Kid] #6659057 02/02/17 09:43 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
JT, I'm going to shoot with you straight here. With your night scopes and IR vision and A/R plus your general gun handling and demeanor on the videos, you are kind of coming across as a guy that more enjoys filling the air with lead than a hunter that is cognizantly concerned with humanely harvesting what he decides to shoot at. I could be completely wrong but it does seem the vibe you're throwing. If you truly enjoying shooting and not as much harvesting, maybe you should be videoing time at the rifle range or something. You're posting on the THF where many of us are very experienced hunters and rifle shooters so carrying around somewhat of an air of "non-concern" probably has more than just a few of us a bit skeptical of your true intentions. For the record, I could care less if you're shooting a slingshot, crossbow, long bow, AR, single shot, bolt action, etc. just do so with a semi-serious sense of concern in mind.

Good info thank you. And I agree I guess it does come off that way. But that is NOT the case. I truly enjoy the hunt itself and the harvest and my next video I will concentrate more on that.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659059 02/02/17 09:45 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
yawn Sorry but kill videos bore me. I don't understand the rush folks get filming them.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6659061 02/02/17 09:45 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I commend you for listening bud..Keep at it, it does improve with time, I've got nearly 40 years under my belt and still learning something new every season....

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide