Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Don't store a gun inside a vehicle.

This ^...

But some will disagree.

Yeah, I'd like to do it, but I know how pissed I'd be and how stupid I'd feel if it got ripped off. If I secured it enough to keep that from happening, I'd have also secured it enough to keep me from getting to it in a timely manner. In the event I used my CCW to get to it, and got it out, if I still needed it at that point (which would be a 1 in a trillion chance) I'm likely in a battle I'm not going to win. The perps are either stupid enough to hang around or numbered/armed enough to defeat me. It's a lot like fighting, the first couple of punches will have determined the outcome long before I get to the hay-maker.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #6629899 01/13/17 01:43 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted By: TXGUNNER308
Originally Posted By: Ranch Dawg
Don't store a gun inside a vehicle.

This ^...

But some will disagree.

Yeah, I'd like to do it, but I know how pissed I'd be and how stupid I'd feel if it got ripped off. If I secured it enough to keep that from happening, I'd have also secured it enough to keep me from getting to it in a timely manner. In the event I used my CCW to get to it, and got it out, if I still needed it at that point (which would be a 1 in a trillion chance) I'm likely in a battle I'm not going to win. The perps are either stupid enough to hang around or numbered/armed enough to defeat me. It's a lot like fighting, the first couple of punches will have determined the outcome long before I get to the hay-maker.

I was referring to individuals who leave guns in cars/trucks unattended. Leaving a gun in an unattended vehicle door panel, armrest or glove box does not define responsible gun ownership. Those same individuals will then come here to complain about being ripped off. A thief is a thief as well as a POS but why make it easy for them? Build your security in layers and refuse to be a victim!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: Creedmoor] #6630127 01/13/17 03:30 AM
Chickenman Offline
Extremely Right Wing
Extremely Right Wing
Cheap AK.

[Linked Image]
Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: Creedmoor] #6630198 01/13/17 04:23 AM
Pondfishin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I like my AR pistol as a truck gun. I generally have the brace an inch or two forward and could save an inch or two without the flash can. Honestly an ideal truck gun IMO.

Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: unclebubba] #6630240 01/13/17 05:48 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by Creedmoor
Originally Posted by Nate C.
If by "store a gun in the vehicle" you mean you intend to leave it in the vehicle at all times, then select the one you will be least upset about when it is stolen out of the vehicle. Whatever long gun you go with, please be responsible enough to secure it in some manner: locking gun rack; cable lock, pad lock or similar.

Rather than an AR or a shotgun, I recommend you consider a trapper-length (16" bbl) lever-action in .357 or .44 magnum.

I appreciate the input, and I have taken into consideration the fact that I may indeed lose it at some point to a car thief, etc.

But why the lever gun over the AR-15? They hold fewer rounds, are less accurate, are longer than an AR-15 with a collapsible stock, and follow up shots take longer.

I would assume he says lever gun due to the fact that it is cheap in case it gets stolen. Yes, less rounds, yes, slightly longer time for follow up shots. Practice with it and you would be suprised how fast those follow up shots can be with a good lever gun. Do not drop the stock from your shoulder to operate the lever.

Not this fast. And I really like lever guns. https://youtu.be/TuNSB9jkpyQ

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: Tactical Cowboy] #6630545 01/13/17 03:06 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Tactical Cowboy
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by Creedmoor
Originally Posted by Nate C.
If by "store a gun in the vehicle" you mean you intend to leave it in the vehicle at all times, then select the one you will be least upset about when it is stolen out of the vehicle. Whatever long gun you go with, please be responsible enough to secure it in some manner: locking gun rack; cable lock, pad lock or similar.

Rather than an AR or a shotgun, I recommend you consider a trapper-length (16" bbl) lever-action in .357 or .44 magnum.

I appreciate the input, and I have taken into consideration the fact that I may indeed lose it at some point to a car thief, etc.

But why the lever gun over the AR-15? They hold fewer rounds, are less accurate, are longer than an AR-15 with a collapsible stock, and follow up shots take longer.

I would assume he says lever gun due to the fact that it is cheap in case it gets stolen. Yes, less rounds, yes, slightly longer time for follow up shots. Practice with it and you would be suprised how fast those follow up shots can be with a good lever gun. Do not drop the stock from your shoulder to operate the lever.

Not this fast. And I really like lever guns. https://youtu.be/TuNSB9jkpyQ

I love Jerry. And no, not that fast. I'd be happy with myself if I could be half as quick as either of them!

Re: "Truck Gun" thoughts ..... [Re: Creedmoor] #6632606 01/14/17 11:41 PM
westexhunt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
AR in 6.5 Grendel. Built as cheap as I could live with. I don't park this truck anywhere I think there is a chance of theft. This being a ranch truck it is full of tools and equipment. I do take it to my office in town often but park right outside my window.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide