Forums46
Topics538,023
Posts9,731,957
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617731 01/05/17 03:43 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Maybe they should put a new forum call it HF/LF debate for mature audiences only! Then we can get back to hunting, high fives and grown folk biness!

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617737 01/05/17 03:48 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I like the pond bass analogy earlier and is very similar to the HF/LF standoff in my eyes.

Would you be as proud of a 10 lb pass in a small acre pond as a bass in a large lake? I wouldn't and surely wouldn't mount it.

Would either be fun to catch? You betcha

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617753 01/05/17 03:55 PM
T
Texican Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: deftsound
The thrill is for some guy from California (because we all know californian's are moving to texas at an alarming rate and ruining our state) who wants to pretend like he's a true texan hunter. Look. I was raised old-school. I don't get on my phone while i hunt. I don't shoot bobcats, why would I? They are pretty and fun to watch. I don't shoot rattle snakes, my dad taught me to just leave them alone. I don't shoot mountain lions, never seen one, but i bet they are fun to watch. I don't shoot pen raised animals. I WILL shoot coyotes. I am ethical. I use ethical firearms (none of that millennial call of duty wussy .223 AR with a foregrip and holographic sight bullcrap), if you're not man enough to handle a little recoil you shouldn't be hunting. I DONT SHOOT WHAT I DONT EAT. Thats how my dad raised me. It's all about the effort and hard work, then getting to feast on wild game all year long enjoying my hard earned reward while i get ripped working out using nature's protein, so i can hunt harder next year and walk an extra mile up that mountain. It's a lifestyle.

I really enjoy knowing if the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm going to be sitting in high cotton surviving off the land using the outdoors skills only true, fair chase hunting has taught me. And just for the record I hunt public land and don't use feeders. I truly get off knowing that I can kill elk and deer on public land, being in good enough shape to go where i want, while fat rich people have to pay to do that! Lol. Flame suit on.

To each his own on the topic of HF and LF, but I would suggest using caution when throwing stones...

Feeder Pens
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6359994/Feeder_pens#Post6359994
"Wondering what yalls opinions are on feeder pens. I really hate to have to have one, but with cows around it seems the only sure way to keep them out. I firmly believe in leaving as LITTLE human sign around as possible, and i feel like the feeder pen will keep big bucks away. Hell, If i were a deer and i saw all that fencing id sure as hell stay away. But, im not a deer."

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617758 01/05/17 03:58 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
From a long term perspective as we get hammered more and more on hunting rights the canned hunting is going to get very hard to defend.

Where the end game is for some I am not sure. Maybe 500" whitetail in 10 acre virtual reality pens that you can shoot from your office?

As long as its legal I try not to bash etc but I do believe it will end up hurting us all in the long run.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617767 01/05/17 04:03 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
if you complain about HF then hunt on private land with feeders and blinds, food plots

you are 'that guy'

i don't care to hunt HF, but I have no problem with people doing it

None of My Business

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617773 01/05/17 04:10 PM
M
MarkE Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Take a helicopter to the summit - frame the picture.
Take as many handicap stokes has you can get in order to win the golf tournament - display the trophy.
Make hole-in-one from the women’s tee box – there is no one that you know that you haven’t already told about getting a hole-in-one.
Catch your biggest bass in farmer Fred’s stock tank - often claim it as your biggest; display the replica mount.
Cheat on the test to make an A’s throughout college – frame the honors award.
Not strong enough to make team – street pharmaceuticals changed that in 6 months.
Your prize steer isn’t winning any prizes – purchase someone else’s prior to the big show and win 1st place.
And you guessed it.....Kill a giant buck in a pen – mount hangs over fireplace.

Grampa didn’t do it this way, but who cares. We accomplished more than he ever dreamed possible! Just hit the easy button and check the box. That is all it is, just another notch under the belt.

Last edited by MarkE; 01/05/17 04:11 PM.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Texican] #6617782 01/05/17 04:15 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Texican
The thrill is for some guy from California (because we all know californian's are moving to texas at an alarming rate and ruining our state) who wants to pretend like he's a true texan hunter. Look. I was raised old-school. I don't get on my phone while i hunt. I don't shoot bobcats, why would I? They are pretty and fun to watch. I don't shoot rattle snakes, my dad taught me to just leave them alone. I don't shoot mountain lions, never seen one, but i bet they are fun to watch. I don't shoot pen raised animals. I WILL shoot coyotes. I am ethical. I use ethical firearms (none of that millennial call of duty wussy .223 AR with a foregrip and holographic sight bullcrap), if you're not man enough to handle a little recoil you shouldn't be hunting. I DONT SHOOT WHAT I DONT EAT. Thats how my dad raised me. It's all about the effort and hard work, then getting to feast on wild game all year long enjoying my hard earned reward while i get ripped working out using nature's protein, so i can hunt harder next year and walk an extra mile up that mountain. It's a lifestyle.

I really enjoy knowing if the zombie apocalypse comes, I'm going to be sitting in high cotton surviving off the land using the outdoors skills only true, fair chase hunting has taught me. And just for the record I hunt public land and don't use feeders. I truly get off knowing that I can kill elk and deer on public land, being in good enough shape to go where i want, while fat rich people have to pay to do that! Lol. Flame suit on.

To each his own on the topic of HF and LF, but I would suggest using caution when throwing stones...

Feeder Pens
http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6359994/Feeder_pens#Post6359994
"Wondering what yalls opinions are on feeder pens. I really hate to have to have one, but with cows around it seems the only sure way to keep them out. I firmly believe in leaving as LITTLE human sign around as possible, and i feel like the feeder pen will keep big bucks away. Hell, If i were a deer and i saw all that fencing id sure as hell stay away. But, im not a deer."

Oops.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: cameron00] #6617789 01/05/17 04:17 PM
B
Buffs 1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: cameron00

Feeder Pens

Oops.

roflmao

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Buffs 1] #6617796 01/05/17 04:23 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: Buffs 1

Feeder Pens

Oops.

roflmao

I admit I clicked, and thought oh crap now gonna debate feed pens. rofl

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: MarkE] #6617806 01/05/17 04:29 PM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Marke: Wife wanted and elk mount over the fireplace. I bought one and put it there. That ok with you?

There is a Rembrandt hanging in the hallway. Do I need to post a sign under it saying I didn't paint it?

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: JJH] #6617810 01/05/17 04:32 PM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: JJH
Marke: Wife wanted and elk mount over the fireplace. I bought one and put it there. That ok with you?

There is a Rembrandt hanging in the hallway. Do I need to post a sign under it saying I didn't paint it?

Haha that's awesome. roflmao

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617836 01/05/17 04:50 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
What Mr. T points out in his first post goes on in every facet of life, not just hunting. Those individuals who promote themselves through hard work and determination are almost always resentful when somebody shows up with something different/better that you don't feel they 'earned', particularly when the new person stroked daddy's check to get it and then looks down their nose at you.

Case in point, you took that old truck in high school, worked on it night/day, maybe painted it or built the motor for it, and then the class rich kid shows up in the 2017 Super Duty with the lift kit (dealer installed) and the other kids all fawn over it. He sneeringly says something to you about your 30 year old heap, and you toss back 'well yeah, but I did it all myself with my OWN money', etc.

He's wrong for belittling you, and you're wrong for what is basically envy.

It's gone on since the beginning of time-houses, cars, jobs, girls, any item you could own or possess. It's human nature, unfortunately.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Buffs 1] #6617838 01/05/17 04:52 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Buffs 1

Feeder Pens

Oops.

roflmao

Well deftsound confused2

texas flag

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617842 01/05/17 04:55 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

You don't "do it like our ancestors". Quit lying.

Pretty sure my ancestors used rifles and bows just like me. Ok, i use a compound so i'll give you that. And, my ancestors in the 1800's used muskets, so, i'll give you that too. But my ancestors in the 1900's probably used 30-06's, which is what i use so thats a moot point. Other than that, I hunt in treestands. And when im in colorado I spot and stalk....soo....yup thats how my ancestors did it.

I wonder...did your first ancestor that picked up a 30-06 to kill a deer get ridiculed the way you ridicule others? What about your first ancestor the went from bow to a black powder musket? Did he get ridiculed? C'mon man. Some people have one way that they do it, others have theirs, you have your's. No need to ridicule anybody that is doing it legally. I bow hunt, spot and stalk, rifle hunt with scope, rifle hunt with open sights, out of a treestand, out of a heated blind with a small fridge, just leaning against a tree, out of a jeep, out of a boat, and OMG, even with a sissy .223 on occasion.

Last edited by unclebubba; 01/05/17 05:21 PM.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: cameron00] #6617846 01/05/17 04:57 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Feeder Pens

Oops.

Oh snap! By the way, how do those coyotes you shoot taste? Talk about someone trying to impress others.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617855 01/05/17 05:00 PM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
I'm about to bust a gut laughing.
A man bids $500,000 for governor tag good all year. The same bidder hires and pays 4 guides to cover the ram. Then when he has time he flies up in his helicopter and takes a B&C ram in a couple of hours

He's a hero the money raised by selling the permit will help put sheep on the mountain. Who cares how it was collected.
The ram makes the cover of all hunting magazines.

And HF is the downfall of mankind.
These post always read like the corrupt Government trying to regulate morality.

I hunt for me. My man cave is for me. I sleep well, have a successful business in my opinion maybe a failure to the 500,000 sheep bidder, I have beautiful children, grandchildren a loving wife of 35 years, friends and most importantly a Savior named Jesus. Who when I stand before him will pass judgement.

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: ] #6617857 01/05/17 05:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
Originally Posted By: therancher
[quote=HWY_MAN][quote=Mr. T.]

Exactly. Not sure why folks get panty wadded over what floats someone else's boat. I like brunettes. Why on earth does anyone like blonds????

People in Colorado and Montana laugh at us over here.

Why would possibly care what they think?

I respect them. I like hunting like they do. A lot of those guys are tough old mountain men who do it old school, I think its cool. My uncle is 68 and can still pack and elk up a mountain, on his back. Thats a man i respect, therefore, I care what he thinks. Plus im a born and raised Texan, im proud of our state.

lot of them never get 1/2 mile from the road some just drive roads. Some buy LO tags so they can hunt mulies and elk 4th season ever year...etc.

Same people that dog texas are same guys that will slam you for guided hunts or private ranches.

CO is far from true wilderness as a majority. It is no Frank church. Very few places in CO you can't hike out of in a day. Infact it's funny coming from a self proclaimed mountain man

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: LuckyHunter] #6617858 01/05/17 05:05 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
A man bids $500,000 for governor tag good all year. The same bidder hires and pays 4 guides to cover the ram. Then when he has time he flies up in his helicopter and takes a B&C ram in a couple of hours

He's a hero the money raised by selling the permit will help put sheep on the mountain. Who cares how it was collected.

I hunt for me. My man cave is for me. I sleep well, have a successful business in my opinion maybe a failure to the 500,000 sheep bidder, I have beautiful children, grandchildren a loving wife of 35 years, friends and most importantly a Savior named Jesus. Who when I stand before him will pass judgement.

Great point sir.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: LuckyHunter] #6617865 01/05/17 05:07 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Amen brother, Amen!

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: MarkE] #6617882 01/05/17 05:17 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: MarkE
Take a helicopter to the summit - frame the picture.
Take as many handicap stokes has you can get in order to win the golf tournament - display the trophy.
Make hole-in-one from the women’s tee box – there is no one that you know that you haven’t already told about getting a hole-in-one.
Catch your biggest bass in farmer Fred’s stock tank - often claim it as your biggest; display the replica mount.
Cheat on the test to make an A’s throughout college – frame the honors award.
Not strong enough to make team – street pharmaceuticals changed that in 6 months.
Your prize steer isn’t winning any prizes – purchase someone else’s prior to the big show and win 1st place.
And you guessed it.....Kill a giant buck in a pen – mount hangs over fireplace.

Grampa didn’t do it this way, but who cares. We accomplished more than he ever dreamed possible! Just hit the easy button and check the box. That is all it is, just another notch under the belt.

Says the guy who won't come try to kill my pet eland in a 500 acre pen. Makes the above a steaming pile of BS.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: JJH] #6617887 01/05/17 05:20 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: JJH

clap

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: LuckyHunter] #6617889 01/05/17 05:21 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

And typically all the high dollar sheep are killed similarly although with only one or two spotters and no helo ride up, tho in BC their almost all located with a helo before the hunter arrives. Anyone who thinks guides and outfitters have the time to "make it a hunt" just ain't paying attention.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617910 01/05/17 05:35 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I'm pretty sure my "ancestors " would have killed a bakers dozen deer
with a hand grenade while they were standing at a feed trough just to get
the meat. Like so many things hunting has been romanticized, commercialized
and sanitized. Once it became a sport, there was no stopping it.

Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: PKnTX] #6617913 01/05/17 05:38 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted By: PKnTX
I'm pretty sure my "ancestors " would have killed a bakers dozen deer
with a hand grenade while they were standing at a feed trough just to get
the meat. Like so many things hunting has been romanticized, commercialized
and sanitized. Once it became a sport, there was no stopping it.

The truth

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: What's the thrill in hunting canned freak bucks? [Re: Mr. T.] #6617926 01/05/17 05:47 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I wish people would stop liking what I don't like.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide